Galactic Empire vs The Dominion Alliance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
Palpatine discovers The Dominion at the hieght of the Dominion War. Palpatine thinks that it will be an easy conquest so he orders an Executor class SSD, 12 Imperial-II class SDs and 20 Inderdictors. Supporting the fleet is an army of 2 million. Commanding the fleet is Vader. The enemy they are facing is The Dominion, Cardassia and The Breen. Is The Empire victorious or is it an epic fail?

*The Empire cannot enlist the aid or attack The Federation Alliance

Nephthys
Interesting fight. If I recall the Dominion have shapeshifters, which will be very effective against the Empire, who were unable to detect Luke and co when they donned Stormtrooper armor on their most important asset, and so I imagine are rather vulnerable to infiltration.

Really this could be the best force to use against SW tech. Trek has been consistently argued to be weaker in terms of technology and unable to take straight up fights. Subterfuge would be a good alternative.

Stealth Moose
SW tech is just too powerful, even going by specs released from in-universe materials. I don't see any ST force putting up much of a fight. And boarding parties would be useless; Imperial ships have thousands of armed personal who have far more efficient weapons.

Also, hyperspeed stomps the **** out of ST's warp speed so bad, it's not even a contest.

Nephthys
The Dominion don't fight straight up too much. Shapeshifters ftw!

The Federation had a gun that could fire through walls (with a scope that could see through them too), but iirc discontinued it because it was too good or something. I'm betting Trek would be alot better if the people running shit weren't so dumb. A boarding party with those guns would stomp the shit out of a Stormtroopers.

Voyager has a shuttle that can go to infinity, occupying every space in the universe simultaneously. Warp > Hyperspeed. awepedo

(BTW, yes the entire plot of Voyager is that they're trying to get home. Yes they could have used the shuttle to get home at any time. Yes, it is the stupidest thing ever.)

Stealth Moose
In a strategic match up, redunculous warp plot-induced whatever is not the norm. Standard ST ships use traditional measures of warp speed which are much much lower than SW. See Wong for details.

Also, armaments on both infantry and ships in SW far exceed ST. No contest here.

Lucius
As the resident trekkie, the Dominion get fvcked. They can muster at best 30,000 ships only capable of travelling several light years in a given day. Their only danger to the Empire is the shapeshifters, because the shapeshifters can literally become anything. See that glass you just drank out of, yeah, shapeshifter.

It doesn't matter because a single SD would wipe the floor with an entire Dominion fleet.

Stealth Moose
I'll play devil's advocate here:

"ARGH, SHAPESHIFTERS TURN INTO A BLACK HOLE!!! IMPS LOSE LOL!"

Discuss.

Nephthys
I doubt they'd have the mass for that. geek

Stealth Moose
Proof? You laiz!

Nephthys
Black Holes are usually formed by, like, stars, or similar levels of mass. I don't think the entire shapeshifter race could equal that.

:seriousness:

Stealth Moose
Oh yeah.

*redirect*

"BUT THEY COULD TOTALLY BECOME A DEATH STAR"

Nephthys
Actually looking into it it seems that such a thing as micro black holes exist. Theorectically a black hole could be as small as about 10(-20) times a proton's radius.

geek

The could probably form a Death Star but it wouldn't be functional. They'd need power and shit.

Stealth Moose
Damn, this is hard. Someone else play devil's advocate. Thinking without logic is rough.

Nephthys
The King is Palpatine.

http://www.oglaf.com/media/comic/kingshaped.jpg

Shape-shifters yo.

/thread

Lord Lucien
Someone call Nai, he'll sort this out.

Q99
Originally posted by Nephthys

Really this could be the best force to use against SW tech. Trek has been consistently argued to be weaker in terms of technology and unable to take straight up fights. Subterfuge would be a good alternative.

Also, just look at the scale- An ISD is way way larger and more massive than a galaxy.

The Galactic Empire is, well, galactic (maps seem to peg it as covering maybe 60% of the galaxy), the Dominion holds one part of one quadrant of the galaxy.

ST has been in space a few centuries, SW a few millennia.

Etc..

Nephthys
Originally posted by Q99
Also, just look at the scale- An ISD is way way larger and more massive than a galaxy.

confused

wut

Zampanó
Originally posted by Nephthys
confused

wut
...class federation starship?

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080321164834/memoryalpha/en/images/thumb/0/00/USS_Enterprise-D%2C_TNG_Season_3-7.jpg/292px-USS_Enterprise-D%2C_TNG_Season_3-7.jpg

Nephthys
God I hope so.

Q99
Yes smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.