Thor one shotting gaunlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
The same hammer toss that killed worthy thing vs these guys. What happens

Hercules
Superman
Thor
Kuurth
Silver Surfer

Rage.Of.Olympus
They probably all get a gaping hole in their chest except Thor who commands Mjolnir to stop.

In all seriousness it depends on what was going through Fraction's head at the time. If it's a case of Odin's enchantment, it's simply superior to any of them when he's calling it imho. Even in terms of raw power, Mjolnir has the capabilities to slay all those listed.

Angrir was an elite top tier physically I'd wager. I think people are overlooking how f*cking impressive it is to just casually slay him like that.

kgkg
Thor gets K.O'd I don't know about the rest.

h1a8
They get hurt but nothing more.

Cogito
^ Agreed. Most everyone on that list has taken worse hits.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I'm not sure how anyone can think they only get hurt and then stand up. Worthy Thing was directly compared to Thor in power and was obviously intended to be high up the food chain.

Eternal Idol
So... Thing is dead?

h1a8
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I'm not sure how anyone can think they only get hurt and then stand up. Worthy Thing was directly compared to Thor in power and was obviously intended to be high up the food chain.

I look at it as Thing was made of paper compared to guys on the list.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
So... Thing is dead?

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110811005331/marveldatabase/images/thumb/c/c9/Benjamin_Grimm_%28Earth-616%29_Franklin_Richards_%28Earth-616%29_Valeria_Richards_%28Earth-616%29_Fear_Itself_Vol_1_5.png/366px-Benjamin_Grimm_%28Earth-616%29_Franklin_Richards_%28Earth-616%29_Valeria_Richards_%28Earth-616%29_Fear_Itself_Vol_1_5.png

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by h1a8
I look at it as Thing was made of paper compared to guys on the list.

Naturally. The alternative is acknowledging Thor's power which is something that you cannot possibly do.

Cogito
Naturally. The alternative is acknowledging Thor's power which is something that you cannot possibly do.

100% true.

I will not accept that Thor is capable of one-shot killing anyone on that list.

Sr J-Bieb
Surfer, and Thor survive

Surfer just took like 80 hammer throws, and a hammer recall has never been a real damaging attack to my recollection until he hit Thing with it

Kasper Gutman
Thor has said in the past that Mjolnir would cut through a planet to return to his hand. Just throwing that out there.

vansonbee
Hercules - get sent flying (embraced or not)
Superman - If Superman embrace himself, he will have a gaping hole, instead of an S on his chest.
Thor - same as Hecules
Kuurth - gets one shotted
Silver Surfer - get sent flying

Slaanesh
i don't know about Herc..but the others can take it..

Mindset
Originally posted by vansonbee
Hercules - get sent flying (embraced or not)
Superman - If Superman embrace himself, he will have a gaping hole, instead of an S on his chest.
Thor - same as Hecules
Kuurth - gets one shotted
Silver Surfer - get sent flying Is embracing yourself a euphemism for masturbating?

vansonbee
Originally posted by Mindset
Is embracing yourself a euphemism for masturbating? Superman can die happy.

abhilegend
^ Or just stop it with one hand cuz you know his dials go up to 11.

DickBlazer
One shot of a worthy is a worthy jobbing. But Hercules is only one that may gave to worry

Cogito
Thor super-fans want to believe he's a sometimes skyfather. Thing is, Thor ain't no skyfather.

The people on that list have taken hits from real skyfathers+, and they're still around. Thor fairs no better. Some of you can stop wanking now, you probably need a break and a bucket of lotion.

Uriel005
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
So... Thing is dead? Originally posted by Mr.Mxyzptlk
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110811005331/marveldatabase/images/thumb/c/c9/Benjamin_Grimm_%28Earth-616%29_Franklin_Richards_%28Earth-616%29_Valeria_Richards_%28Earth-616%29_Fear_Itself_Vol_1_5.png/366px-Benjamin_Grimm_%28Earth-616%29_Franklin_Richards_%28Earth-616%29_Valeria_Richards_%28Earth-616%29_Fear_Itself_Vol_1_5.png

Franklin's a damn troll now. Watch him solo the rest of the worthy and the serpent just to put an end to this nonsense.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Uriel005
Franklin's a damn troll now. Watch him solo the rest of the worthy and the serpent just to put an end to this nonsense. Watch him not because mom and dad will give him a spanking laughing

Uriel005
Originally posted by iceman24567
Watch him not because mom and dad will give him a spanking laughing whistle *Franklin casually alters their views on the matter*

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Cogito
100% true.

I will not accept that Thor is capable of one-shot killing anyone on that list.

I don't care if the notion that Mjolnir can one shot these beings troubles you. Angrir took shots from Rulk better than any Herald would on average (Made more impressive by the fact that Bendis thinks he's above standard Savage Hulk, at least his Thor does, which makes sense as he has Loeb whispering in his ear. Tbf, Bendis is suspect when it comes to depictions.) and took a Mjolnir throw to the face better than anyone on this list should considering the circumstances. That along with Angrig being compared to Thor in power makes it pretty clear that the intent was to make him a High Herald level threat.

Whether a result of Odin's enchantment or Mjolnir's power, Thor was able to one shot him. I might be a Thor bag but I know a fair bit about everyone on that list and I highly doubt even Surfer/Superman would fair noticeably better.

If it makes you feel better, entities even as powerful as Odin/Galactus/Surtur etc. would be wise to dodge attacks from a high end Thor.

Thor super-fans want to believe he's a sometimes skyfather. Thing is, Thor ain't no skyfather.

The people on that list have taken hits from real skyfathers+, and they're still around. Thor fairs no better. Some of you can stop wanking now, you probably need a break and a bucket of lotion.

I hope I never get into a feat war with you involving Thor. I don't think you'd be able to handle the shit I'd post.

JakeTheBank
Depending on the writer and how they feel about Superman's aversion to magic, it's possible he gets KO'd or seriously injured.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Depending on the writer and how they feel about Superman's aversion to magic, it's possible he gets KO'd or seriously injured.

I can see that.

Parmaniac
Franklin's a damn troll now. Watch him solo the rest of the worthy and the serpent just to put an end to this nonsense. thumb up

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by JakeTheBank

It depends on how they view Superman's weakness to magic. If it's the more crippling interpretation, then even a regular blow from Mjolnir should reduce Clark to a stain if you consider Mjolnir to be a magical weapon. Those are the type of writers who have Clark getting his ass kicked by Werewolves, Vampires, injured by a regular sword simply because simply being in a place where magic was potent had negative effects and so on. He's almost a liability against magical foes in such stories. Thor w/Mjolnir vs. Superman isn't really a fair fight as a result unless he dodges everything but Thor's punches.

On the other side of the spectrum, there's someone like Busiek who thinks unless the mystical energy is directed to specifically do something, Clark's no more vulnerable than anybody else on his level. Somewhere in the middle you have a writer like Morrison who has Superman vulnerable magical energies in general but he won't be brought to his knees just by being in the presence of magic or anything that extreme unless it's unusually potent etc. I think at this point, most writers are in the middle but at the end, it depends on what's needed for the story.

If you're going to have Thor fight Superman though, Busiek's take is what I'd adopt if you want a fair fight. If Superman beats Thor, it'll be barely, adding that vulnerability reduces the quality of the fight.

I know that was unnecessarily long, my bad.

Cogito
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Surfer just took like 80 hammer throws, and a hammer recall has never been a real damaging attack to my recollection until he hit Thing with it

Rage.Of.Olympus
I know Surfer has withstood 3 hammer throws (Only 1 was direct IIRC) so far but so what? Angrir did the same against a healthier Thor. As a matter of fact I think he might have taken the hit better than Surfer took his. I'd have to double check to be sure.

It never happening before isn't going to fly here.

Cogito
It never happening before isn't going to fly here.

That's stupid.

If it's never happened before, but it happened here, then logically I'm going to question Thing's durability.

Unless there's reason to believe that particular hammer recall was amped*.

*I don't care for FI, so I'm not reading it. I did skim that issue though.

TheLordofMurder
Granted, it was in a What If, but in the What If where Set comes to Earth, Set (who is a full fledged Elder God) swallowed Mjolnir and the enchantment causing Mjolnir to return to Thor was so powerful than it actually destroyed one of Sets heads (Set had 7 heads of course)...

The enchantment on Mjolnir is definitely strong enough to kill anyone on that list thats in the way of it returning to Thors hand...

zopzop
Franklin's a damn troll now. Watch him solo the rest of the worthy and the serpent just to put an end to this nonsense.

Franklin's full potential has been described as rivaling a Celestial. He could slaughter the Serpent and his Worthy like gnats if he's at his full potential.

zopzop
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Granted, it was in a What If, but in the What If where Set comes to Earth, Set (who is a full fledged Elder God) swallowed Mjolnir and the enchantment causing Mjolnir to return to Thor was so powerful than it actually destroyed one of Sets heads (Set had 7 heads of course)...

The enchantment on Mjolnir is definitely strong enough to kill anyone on that list thats in the way of it returning to Thors hand...

Not really impressive seeing as how SS blew off one of Set's heads in that issue effortlessly and the combined power of the rest of Set's heads only knocked Surfer from his board. That issue was garbage from page 1.

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by zopzop
Not really impressive seeing as how SS blew off one of Set's heads in that issue effortlessly and the combined power of the rest of Set's heads only knocked Surfer from his board. That issue was garbage from page 1. I don't see a problem here

Rage.Of.Olympus
That's stupid.

If it's never happened before, but it happened here, then logically I'm going to question Thing's durability.

Unless there's reason to believe that particular hammer recall was amped*.

*I don't care for FI, so I'm not reading it. I did skim that issue though.

Thor has never actively called Mjolnir to his hand while someone was in the way as far as I know. But based on what we know about Mjolnir's enchantments and it's power, the scene wouldn't be unreasonable even if it was an established Top Tier.

Thing is most likely not as invulnerable as Surfer or Superman but I'd be comfortable in saying he's just as tough. I just double checked and that Mjolnir throw might have not completely knocked him off his feet.

It's pretty obvious imo that Fraction intended Thing to be incredibly tough and powerful. The only reason you won't accept this is because it means acknowledging Thor's power etc.

Cogito
It's pretty obvious imo that Fraction intended Thing to be incredibly tough and powerful. The only reason you won't accept this is because it means acknowledging Thor's power etc.

Oh I acknowledge Thor's power. When a feat seems to have uncharacteristically powerful effects against a new and mostly featless character, I'm going to question the durability of the new character.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Oh I acknowledge Thor's power. When a feat seems to have uncharacteristically powerful effects against a new and mostly featless character, I'm going to question the durability of the new character.

Feat less? It could not have been made more clearer that Thing was an Elite Top Tier unless they lined up Hulk, Surfer etc. to get pounded on. We even got power level comparisons but somehow that's still not enough.

Withstanding the Mjolnir throw as well as he did alone proves he's just as tough as any Herald. He also wrecked Rulk who's an elite brick.

Five gets you ten that if I were to call Darkseid from Final Crisis feat less I'd get a one page essay about how great Darkseid was even though all he did was sit on a toilet bleeding.

For the record, this isn't the first time a serious Thor has one shotted a Herald level being or illustrated such high end power.

zopzop
He also wrecked Rulk who's an elite brick.

Who wrecked Rulk? Worthy Thing? Wasn't it revealed that Rulk wasn't using his energy absorption powers because he didn't want to be stuck in Rulk form? Modok even mentioned it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yes, Worthy Thing wrecked Rulk. No he didn't use his absorption powers. But even without them, he's an elite brick. He's basically occupying the void filled by Immortal Hercules.

zopzop
Yes, Worthy Thing wrecked Rulk. No he didn't use his absorption powers. But even without them, he's an elite brick. He's basically occupying the void filled by Immortal Hercules.

But still, the energy absorption shtick is a major part of his powerset. If he wasn't using it, ..........

Damborgson
Who wrecked Rulk? Worthy Thing? Wasn't it revealed that Rulk wasn't using his energy absorption powers because he didn't want to be stuck in Rulk form? Modok even mentioned it. even if he wasnt i doubt he could done much. He was getting wrecked pretty bad...http://img860.imageshack.us/img860/9972/avengers4oroboroscps032.jpg

Rage.Of.Olympus
But still, the energy absorption shtick is a major part of his powerset. If he wasn't using it, ..........
Okay? He's still an elite brick and Bendis gave him a lot of respect because of Loeb's nagging. He is suspect though.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Damborgson
even if he wasnt i doubt he could done much. He was getting wrecked pretty bad...http://img860.imageshack.us/img860/9972/avengers4oroboroscps032.jpg

That blow sent Rulk flying about 700 miles or something. IIRC he landed in Vancouver. Left him near death.

Also, M.O.D.O.K suggested that Rulk would have won if he used his energy absorption powers.

zopzop
Originally posted by Damborgson
even if he wasnt i doubt he could done much. He was getting wrecked pretty bad...

He wasn't using a major part of his powerset. That's like Hulk fans getting happy because Hulk was beating on Thor's ass sans Mjolnir.

Rage.Of.Olympus
*Sigh*

Damborgson
He wasn't using a major part of his powerset. That's like Hulk fans getting happy because Hulk was beating on Thor's ass sans Mjolnir. True. But he's still a beast physically right? superior to savage hulk by a wide margin. That his punches were having zip affect on Angrir is impressive.

zopzop
*Sigh*

What part is sigh worthy? The fact that we have on panel proof that Rulk wasn't using a major part of his powerset (something we know works on things like the PC, magic, EM spectrum energy, etc..) or the fact that Hulk was beating on Thor's ass sans Mjolnir (cause we got that on panel too).

Rage.Of.Olympus
What part is sigh worthy? The fact that we have on panel proof that Rulk wasn't using a major part of his powerset (something we know works on things like the PC, magic, EM spectrum energy, etc..) or the fact that Hulk was beating on Thor's ass sans Mjolnir (cause we got that on panel too).

Rulk without his energy absorption powers is still an Elite level brick. Worthy Thing beating him as he did was incredibly impressive (I would have said it beyond the capabilities of even beings like Thor/Superman. At least anywhere near the average) but not as impressive as it would have been if he had used his energy absorption powers.

What don't you understand? Why do you have to keep trolling me with this stupidity? My patience with you is reaching it's limits.

Mindset
He's sighing because Hulk beats Thor even if he has Mjolnir. thumb up

The Sorrow
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
The same hammer toss that killed worthy thing vs these guys. What happens

Hercules
Superman
Thor
Kuurth
Silver Surfer
Every one on this list is more durable than Worthy Thing, I only see Thor and Hercules possibly suffering the same fate (maybe Superman depending on how his magic vulnerability is dealt with).

zopzop
Rulk without his energy absorption powers is still an Elite level brick. Worthy Thing beating him as he did was incredibly impressive (I would have said it beyond the capabilities of even beings like Thor/Superman. At least anywhere near the average) but not as impressive as it would have been if he had used his energy absorption powers.

What don't you understand? Why do you have to keep trolling me with this stupidity? My patience with you is reaching it's limits.

Whose trolling? You just like ignoring key facts when it suits you. We know for a fact that Rulk wasn't using everything in his arsenal to win, period. You can't dispute that so you run around saying, but he's still an elite top tier brick! No sh|t. Thor's an elite top tier brick but he got his ass handed to him by Hulk when he wasn't using everything in his arsenal (aka Mjolnir).

Rage.Of.Olympus
Whose trolling? You just like ignoring key facts when it suits you. We know for a fact that Rulk wasn't using everything in his arsenal to win, period. You can't dispute that so you run around saying, but he's still an elite top tier brick! No sh|t. Thor's an elite top tier brick but he got his ass handed to him by Hulk when he wasn't using everything in his arsenal (aka Mjolnir).

You don't even have anything to argue about. You're just trying to fill your post quota for the day near as I can tell.

I'm not ignoring anything. Never did I once claim that Rulk without energy absorption is as formidable as he is with it. He's been depowered to make him more manageable but he's still an elite Top Tier brick.

What the f*ck kind of example is that? If anyone wrecks Thor, Mjolnir or no Mjolnir, it'll be incredibly impressive. You'd have some kind of argument if I was trying to pass this off as a full power Rulk or something but that was never what I was doing.

I even said that Rulk would most likely beat Worthy Thing if he had his energy absorption.

What did they put in your water to make you so thick? It's pretty simple, wrecking Rulk energy absorption or no energy absorption is really impressive and worth noting.

zopzop
You don't even have anything to argue about. You're just trying to fill your post quota for the day near as I can tell.

I'm not ignoring anything. Never did I once claim that Rulk without energy absorption is as formidable as he is with it. He's been depowered to make him more manageable but he's still an elite Top Tier brick.

What the f*ck kind of example is that? If anyone wrecks Thor, Mjolnir or no Mjolnir, it'll be incredibly impressive. You'd have some kind of argument if I was trying to pass this off as a full power Rulk or something but that was never what I was doing.

I even said that Rulk would most likely beat Worthy Thing if he had his energy absorption.

What did they put in your water to make you so thick? It's pretty simple, wrecking Rulk energy absorption or no energy absorption is really impressive and worth noting.

You seem to suffering from some sort of mental breakdown. You need to calm down.

All I'm saying is : the Worthy Thing/Rulk fight wasn't as impressive as people make it out to be because Rulk wasn't using all the powers at his disposal. That's it. You may find it impressive but that's your opinion other people have their own.

Rage.Of.Olympus
You seem to suffering from some sort of mental breakdown. You need to calm down.

All I'm saying is : the Worthy Thing/Rulk fight wasn't as impressive as people make it out to be because Rulk wasn't using all the powers at his disposal. That's it. You may find it impressive but that's your opinion other people have their own.

Mental breakdown? I'm not knocking down your door, I'm insulting you.

Am I one of those people? If not, then why the hell are you bothering me with this? I never once claimed that beating Rulk minus energy absorption is as impressive as beating the current depowered incarnation.

You don't think beating Rulk like that is impressive? You might be entitled to your own opinion but unless you're using beyond herald level beings as the benchmark, it's....misinformed for lack of a better term.

JakeTheBank
Beating Rulk down like he did was impressive for Worthy Thing. It was intended to show just how far up the food chain Ben's amp made him. Pretty obvious if you ask me.

Zack Fair
I think the hammer will injure/possibly KO Superman, but I don't see it oneshot killing him.

Uriel005
Franklin's full potential has been described as rivaling a Celestial. He could slaughter the Serpent and his Worthy like gnats if he's at his full potential. Personally after getting his powers back I think he's beyond Celestial level at this point. Even before ressing Galactus despite the burnout would be beyond Celestials IMO considering Big G eats their babies.

vince_slice
I agree with Rage and LordofMurder, Thor can one-shot kill anybody elder god level and below.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.