Deimos vs Virgil

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheGoldenSpy
These guys are tired of their more famous bro's hogging all the spotlight, it's time for them to GTFO. This is between supporting characters only. Winner get's their own spin-off handheld game.

Who wins?

BloodRain
Deimos is a fraction his his brother. Lacks anything to tag a speedster and his strength and durability can't even begin to take or counter hits from in either of his forms, compare to Kratos who can stalemate his strength and take several hits from the transformed version with no troubles.

Vergil can blitz him. And if damage is an issue, though from ^ it shouldn't be, then gauntlets, DT and Yamato together will cover that gap.

CosmicComet
Deimos' durability is terrible compared to his brothers.

He got killed from one attack that Kratos shrugged off.

BloodRain
Don't go summing up what I just say D:<

CosmicComet
I somehow scrolled down without even seeing your post. :/

BloodRain
...why do you have to hurt me so? sad </3

TOPIC!: So I take it Kratos getting all bloodied up was before some power-up to make him the him from 2/3?

Demonic Phoenix
Deimos had some sort of Gauntlet on his right hand that presumably increased his striking force. Plus he was wailing on Kratos.

Of course, Kratos has better regen than Dante, so he got past that like the BAMF he is. 131

BloodRain
That was just something to hold him up that I can see :I His strength is way below Kratos' and he could do all that <- to the argument that Zues level's beings with swords have trouble cutting him.

.o. He...he doesnt even have regen!

TheGoldenSpy
Kratos was obviously going easy on his lil bro.

BloodRain
Maybe, but his hits still drew blood and reduced him to such a state.

cool_ghost
vergil

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by BloodRain
That was just something to hold him up that I can see :I His strength is way below Kratos' and he could do all that <- to the argument that Zues level's beings with swords have trouble cutting him.

.o. He...he doesnt even have regen!

Chains were holding him up.
That gauntlet was massive and had some sort of power within it that Deimos used to bloody Kratos. He can also toss the spear fast enough to stagger human Thanatos & hurt him, and briefly near-stalemate Thanatos in a pushing contest. He's not Kratos level in physical stats, but he's somewhere nearby, except for durability I guess.
Sure, against GoS Kratos, but GoW3 Kratos can tank hits from Zeus level beings with the BoO.

No, he actually does have regen. Proven in the official novel, and that GoS scene where he jumps off the cliff and is fully healed by the time he gets back to Earth.
It's better than Dante's too. 313

CosmicComet
^I've yet to get my hands on the novel. (And for some reason I don't know what scene you are talking about.)

I think I remember something from the novel preview which could suggest regen...sorta...it was an explanation of the green health orbs, that the blades of chaos can absorb life force and give it back to him upon slashing targets.

edit: btw bloodrain, I've missed thee <3

TheGoldenSpy
So now Kratos has regeneration.

Wow.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by CosmicComet
^I've yet to get my hands on the novel. (And for some reason I don't know what scene you are talking about.)

I think I remember something from the novel preview which could suggest regen...sorta...it was an explanation of the green health orbs, that the blades of chaos can absorb life force and give it back to him upon slashing targets.

Bought it a couple of weeks ago.
4:45. He's battered in Death's domain, but is fully healed when he returns to Earth.
WFpaYvAN5mw

Yep. That was the gist of it. I'll be re-reading the book again because I have the time now, so I'll see if I can find any good examples. >__>
Also, PR could disintegrate everything within a 50 foot radius of Kratos. awesome

CosmicComet
PR?

Demonic Phoenix
Poseidon's Rage.

BloodRain
Attacthed to the gauntlet. (iirc)
Didnt see any power from the gauntlet in tha vids, didnt appear to be like any of Kratos' gauntlets either. Eh Thanatos didnt do much to push him back and the guy couldnt even get out of his one handed grip.
Confused.. GoS is directly before GoW2 and 3. And start of 2 Kratos = (near) End of 3 Kratos.

Guess some regen is better than none, but taking a minute to heal a broken face wont be the greatest help....... Nero did better >:

_manhug_

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Bought it a couple of weeks ago.
4:45. He's battered in Death's domain, but is fully healed when he returns to Earth.
WFpaYvAN5mw

Yep. That was the gist of it. I'll be re-reading the book again because I have the time now, so I'll see if I can find any good examples. >__>
Also, PR could disintegrate everything within a 50 foot radius of Kratos. awesome

Hmmm...I see your point sort of...

But I'm thinking we'll need more examples. As it is, its just kinda vague.

When Kratos bashes Herc against those spikey vines, they are clearly long enough to reach vital organs, but Herc still survives and shrugs them off multiple times. So maybe that would count to, since Herc is a demi-god Brother--albeit half brother.

Demonic Phoenix
Attacthed to the gauntlet. (iirc)
Didnt see any power from the gauntlet in tha vids, didnt appear to be like any of Kratos' gauntlets either. Eh Thanatos didnt do much to push him back and the guy couldnt even get out of his one handed grip.
Confused.. GoS is directly before GoW2 and 3. And start of 2 Kratos = (near) End of 3 Kratos.

Guess some regen is better than none, but taking a minute to heal a broken face wont be the greatest help....... Nero did better >:

Chains wrapped around Gauntlets, not attached to them.
There's an orange glow when he batters Kratos, and when punching the ground with it, he can create energy waves.
He tried pushing him back for about half a minute or so, until Kratos was able to get close. Then there's also Thanatos trying to outmuscle Deimos while Kratos is blinded/deafened.
Maybe he was tired.

Broken face and battered body.
Only way Nero could have done better is if Dante punched him the way Deimos did Kratos. uhuh

Hmmm...I see your point sort of...

But I'm thinking we'll need more examples. As it is, its just kinda vague.

When Kratos bashes Herc against those spikey vines, they are clearly long enough to reach vital organs, but Herc still survives and shrugs them off multiple times. So maybe that would count to, since Herc is a demi-god Brother--albeit half brother.

I suppose it is vague
Somewhat like in GoW 2 when he regens that BoO wound while in Hades, but we don't know if it was his power, or Gaia's.

Indeed. He also shrugs off a deep stab to the forearm from the Blades of Exile. They're all sons of Zeus.

TheGoldenSpy
I don't even think Deimos Strength is "way below" Kratos. His durability sure, but they are the same strength.

The fact of Kratos being immune to damage from anyone below Zeus strength doesn't change.

CosmicComet

I suppose it is vague
Somewhat like in GoW 2 when he regens that BoO wound while in Hades, but we don't know if it was his power, or Gaia's.

Indeed. He also shrugs off a deep stab to the forearm from the Blades of Exile. They're all sons of Zeus.

I am lazy. Could you post a screencap of when he stabbed it into Herc's arm?

Just so we can all see if it was possible for it to have missed bone or not.

BloodRain
GTFO with you attention to chain and gauntlet-glow detail grumpy latter may have been a gameplay thing but wouldnt bet on it. Esp wasnt glowing in the last scene.
Fault of the slow player, though he doesnt seem to be struggeling like Deimos is. I still take the cutscene of him failing from Than's hand above gameplay.
..Kratos was tired before.. wait, who?

Che, a little more then. Freakyarm brushed off a BoO sized hole in his chest )<

Demonic Phoenix
Ah, screw your laziness CC.

nLv8Wj_M10g

Around 6:13

EDIT:

GTFO with you attention to chain and gauntlet-glow detail grumpy latter may have been a gameplay thing but wouldnt bet on it. Esp wasnt glowing in the last scene.
Fault of the slow player, though he doesnt seem to be struggeling like Deimos is. I still take the cutscene of him failing from Than's hand above gameplay.

CosmicComet
Ok yeah, that is VERY unlikely to have missed his humerus.

Yayyy some evidence for regen in demi-gods. big grin

Demonic Phoenix
Damnit.

I have a tendency to notice things most people miss. stick out tongue
Nope, was glowing when he started pounding on Kratos' face.

Meh, the player's actually faster than most would be. Kratos doesn't struggle as much as Deimos, but it's clear Thanato is stronger than Kratos is. Kratos can't escape his grip without Deimos throwing the spear.
Deimos was tired from hammering Kratos' face in.

Freakyarm had to DT for that. uhuh
Seriously though, for now, Dante's & Nero's regen >> Kratos' obviously.

CosmicComet
Oh, and what about when Thanatos' daughter in Giant Eagle form, digs into Kratos with her talons during a QTE, and it does no damage to his health bar?

CosmicComet
Also remembered another one, Callisto, Kratos mother, after she is mutated she rakes Kratos with her fairly long tusks/teeth across his chest and neck and he brushes this off too.

It seems GOS alone has a few scenes that could be interpreted as regen positive. :/

Demonic Phoenix
Oh, and what about when Thanatos' daughter in Giant Eagle form, digs into Kratos with her talons during a QTE, and it does no damage to his health bar?

Don't remember this. Do you have to fail the QTE?

Also remembered another one, Callisto, Kratos mother, after she is mutated she rakes Kratos with her fairly long tusks/teeth across his chest and neck and he brushes this off too.

It seems GOS alone has a few scenes that could be interpreted as regen positive. :/

There's also this Dredge of Boreas enemy that chomps down on Kratos after he stabs it repeatedly.

CosmicComet
Don't remember this. Do you have to fail the QTE?

There's also this Dredge of Boreas enemy that chomps down on Kratos after he stabs it repeatedly.

The first time I saw it, I thought it was unavoidable, but yeah.

I think if you mess up with the analog stick twirling a bit, she swipes at you, causes kratos to bleed, but he hangs on and his health bar takes no damage, and you keep trying.

Here at the start:
Wk8vYSU9lDk&NR

and I don't remember what you are talking about, but its just a regular enemy? could you show me?

BloodRain
Damnit.

I have a tendency to notice things most people miss. stick out tongue
Nope, was glowing when he started pounding on Kratos' face.

Meh, the player's actually faster than most would be. Kratos doesn't struggle as much as Deimos, but it's clear Thanato is stronger than Kratos is. Kratos can't escape his grip without Deimos throwing the spear.
Deimos was tired from hammering Kratos' face in.

Freakyarm had to DT for that. uhuh
Seriously though, for now, Dante's & Nero's regen >> Kratos' obviously.

...Ok, next time I wont use memory when trying to address a point >___> But it wasn't made for combat so I have doubts.

I figured it was cos of the blinding/deafening that hindered him /shrugs
I don't give a damn what he used its still there estahuh

Aye, lil skeptical about the levels of it like the things said about Herc but meh.

..failed QTE's are counted? O.o

CosmicComet
^I don't know if I would say it as blankly as that, but when the failure does not seem to harm you, its worth keeping note of.

Demonic Phoenix
The first time I saw it, I thought it was unavoidable, but yeah.

I think if you mess up with the analog stick twirling a bit, she swipes at you, causes kratos to bleed, but he hangs on and his health bar takes no damage, and you keep trying.

Here at the start:
Wk8vYSU9lDk&NR

and I don't remember what you are talking about, but its just a regular enemy? could you show me?

Heh. Dunno if I can count it though. I can't tell if the claws actually pierced Kratos, so it might be a durability feat instead.
They tend to use copious amounts of blood for major hits, even if they shouldn't draw blood in the first place, like blood coming out of Kratos' back when he slams into a wall.

x8qbyrKkiDI
4:04. This might be a durability feat, but unquantifiable.

CosmicComet
that's a 5 minute video, what part are you referring to?

Demonic Phoenix
...Ok, next time I wont use memory when trying to address a point >___> But it wasn't made for combat so I have doubts.

I figured it was cos of the blinding/deafening that hindered him /shrugs
I don't give a damn what he used its still there estahuh

Aye, lil skeptical about the levels of it like the things said about Herc but meh.

..failed QTE's are counted? O.o

Neither is a kitchen knife. I can still use it to hurt someone though. Same for a ball-point pen.
And again, the Gauntlet was massive, metallic and clearly had some otherworldly power within it.

Sure, but he couldn't regen until DT'd , so DT'd Nero's regen > Kratos' regen > Nero's regen. awesome

Can't argue against Herc's regen feat can you? stick out tongue

Weren't you the guy saying we should count failed QTE's for stuff like durability and shit? :O

BloodRain
Neither is a kitchen knife. I can still use it to hurt someone though. Same for a ball-point pen.
And again, the Gauntlet was massive, metallic and clearly had some otherworldly power within it.

Sure, but he couldn't regen until DT'd , so DT'd Nero's regen > Kratos' regen > Nero's regen. awesome

Can't argue against Herc's regen feat can you? stick out tongue

Weren't you the guy saying we should count failed QTE's for stuff like durability and shit? :O

Unless your pen glow when you stab someone, which would be awesome, not the same. Why would Thanatos attach a weapon to a prisoner? O:

I'm not here to talk about that punk without DT ahah

Not sure yet. I may be, but cba to look into it and find out if it bothers me :V

Mhmm, tis why I stumbled when CC gave one as an example. Cos if they do then foes far weaker then Kratos can cut him up. To give Kratos these regenerative features it'll add to the point that it doesn't take Zeus level strength to damage him.

Demonic Phoenix
Unless your pen glow when you stab someone, which would be awesome, not the same. Why would Thanatos attach a weapon to a prisoner? O:

I'm not here to talk about that punk without DT ahah

Not sure yet. I may be, but cba to look into it and find out if it bothers me :V

Mhmm, tis why I stumbled when CC gave one as an example. Cos if they do then foes far weaker then Kratos can cut him up. To give Kratos these regenerative features it'll add to the point that it doesn't take Zeus level strength to damage him.

I have a pen that has a neon-light bulb on it, so it's the same. awesome
If said prisoner is really a prisoner, it wouldn't matter. Plus Deimos had no hope of escaping.

You're right. That punk can't even harm Dante. Kratos's regen > Nero's with DT. vin

Also, seriously? Kain can withstand pressures 17 times greater than those found in the Sun? no expression

Yeah, I don't count them.
But they use magical weapons created specifically to harm demi-gods 313

that's a 5 minute video, what part are you referring to?

4:04. When that beast bites down on Kratos.

CosmicComet

The thing is, I'm using non-optional QTEs in the first place. From bosses.

And if certain failures cause damage or even instant death, and others are simply cosmetic and don't actually do anything negative to the player's chances of survival, then its worth noting the differences.

Regardless, I said maybe, I'm not prepared to count it without more examples.

BloodRain
I have a pen that has a neon-light bulb on it, so it's the same. awesome
If said prisoner is really a prisoner, it wouldn't matter. Plus Deimos had no hope of escaping.

You're right. That punk can't even harm Dante. Kratos's regen > Nero's with DT. vin

Also, seriously? Kain can withstand pressures 17 times greater than those found in the Sun? no expression

Yeah, I don't count them.
But they use magical weapons created specifically to harm demi-gods 313

4:04. When that beast bites down on Kratos.

..I want one no expression
Wasn't he? Than held him there to torture him. If I were him I wouldn't give the guy that was foretold to kill me and the others a weapon.

Thats cos Dante is boss excellent Kratos can compete with Naruto.. maybe.

For le record; I don't support Kain being able to take 17 times Sun core stuffs as the feat in question is negated by a cutscene later on.

Maybe where you're from Centaur's carry god-slaying weapons, but not here in ancient Greece pfft

The thing is, I'm using non-optional QTEs in the first place. From bosses.

And if certain failures cause damage or even instant death, and others are simply cosmetic and don't actually do anything negative to the player's chances of survival, then its worth noting the differences.

Regardless, I said maybe, I'm not prepared to count it without more examples.
Sketchy, but as you're still building on this point Im not gonna argue the whole thing. Just gonna poke at it :I

Demonic Phoenix
..I want one no expression
Wasn't he? Than held him there to torture him. If I were him I wouldn't give the guy that was foretold to kill me and the others a weapon.

Thats cos Dante is boss excellent Kratos can compete with Naruto.. maybe.

For le record; I don't support Kain being able to take 17 times Sun core stuffs as the feat in question is negated by a cutscene later on.

Maybe where you're from Centaur's carry god-slaying weapons, but not here in ancient Greece pfft

Thanatos already knew that Deimos was not the one foretold to kill the Olympian Gods.

Please, Kratos can beat the Sage of the Six Paths and SS4 Gogeta together. Dante would lose to H2 Ichigo. peaches

Then why give the math in the first place? I mean, even if it weren't negated by a cutscene, it's just ridiculous for someone on Kain's level.

Cool. I'm from the GoW-universe. stick out tongue

BloodRain
Thanatos already knew that Deimos was not the one foretold to kill the Olympian Gods.

Please, Kratos can beat the Sage of the Six Paths and SS4 Gogeta together. Dante would lose to H2 Ichigo. peaches

Then why give the math in the first place? I mean, even if it weren't negated by a cutscene, it's just ridiculous for someone on Kain's level.

Cool. I'm from the GoW-universe. stick out tongue
Not at the beginning or until Kratos came into the picture.. or after something happened... Still, giving a weap to a prisoner is a big no-no.

Like hell, Lady could take those Shonen verses... she is a lightning timer after all 313smart. And DBZ Pan alone > GoW verse awebis

:I I didnt, Morridini did. I just corrected things cos I like correcting things. 'sides, 'Sun core' is just a fancy name thats really not that big. For instance, if Kain tanked human strength with a knife, the pressure would be 10% Sun core pressure. Its really not as high as it sounds.

You wouldnt even pass the manliness test to be able to live on their outskirts parm_k-monster

Burning thought
I like the whole off topic debate in here on kain, this whole "not on kains level" stuff, what level is that? the one where he can deal more damage and survive more damage than most argued characters in the forum? The feat stands for itself, also BR what do you mean human strength on a knife is 10% of sun core?

BloodRain
I refuse to answer that until there's some GoW in your post ahah

Demonic Phoenix
Not at the beginning or until Kratos came into the picture.. or after something happened... Still, giving a weap to a prisoner is a big no-no.

Like hell, Lady could take those Shonen verses... she is a lightning timer after all 313smart. And Kratos alone > DBU+DMC versesawebis

:I I didnt, Morridini did. I just corrected things cos I like correcting things. 'sides, 'Sun core' is just a fancy name thats really not that big. For instance, if Kain tanked human strength with a knife, the pressure would be 10% Sun core pressure. Its really not as high as it sounds.

You wouldnt even pass the manliness test to be able to live on their outskirts parm_k-monster

Kratos came into the picture when he killed Persephone and/or Ares, some time GoS.
Make-shift weapon then, and a powerful one at that. uhuh

Itachi's a Lightning Timer too, and has a hax sword, so he'll easily stop Dante and Lady with his eyes closed. awesome
fixed that for you. peaches

True enough.

Meh, you're right, I'd fail the manliness/awesomeness/badassery test for GoW, miserably. On the other hand, I'd pass the manliness/awesomeness/badassery test for DMC with top marks, and supplant Dante as the center of the DMC verse. kruemelmonsteryn0

BloodRain
So Deimos would still be chained up for being the fabled tat's guy. Its still only rock, can pummel Kratos by himself >estahuh

Please, son, Lady has bigger balls then you, try getting into the MLP verse first vin

Demonic Phoenix
Metal, boy. Puny rocks would be vaporized near Kratos' goatee.

He's got his sight again though, and he's got better regen than Dante now. stick out tongue Aren't you keeping up?

Naw, Dante needs help beating DMC Lucifer. Kratos' little fingernail is more multiversal than Dante is. uhuh

Yeah, they're located on her chest. Which I would get to motorboat in since I am far more manlier than Dante. awesome

BloodRain
Cept when its on his lil brothers first breaking his face in~ Wait.. that cant be metal, though I cba to go all the way across the page to find that vid again.

>o Zombie clones dont count!

Hells no, Dante stomped that main kid who can match Lucifer who together can match God uhuh

..its not Dante's fault that the girls in his life are aggrobitches sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.