Colossus that fought gladiator Vs Current Colossus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
Who wins

juggernaut74
You need some help.

Rage.Of.Olympus
^What he said.

Current Colossus stomps by the way. The Gladiator that Colossus fought was far weaker than the one we know. It was before Bryne decided to significantly upgrade his stats during his Fantastic Four run.

juggernaut74
Colossus had a upgrade in stats also officially. I don't think Glads ever has just in the eyes of his fanboys.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Colossus had a upgrade in stats also officially. I don't think Glads ever has just in the eyes of his fanboys.

Colossus has been able to bench more over the years but he's always been a B-level brick, operating in the same tier as Thing. Generally speaking, he'd get wrecked by the elite strong men.

Gladiator went from being slightly superior than Colossus and being one shotted by lasers to a planet shattering, star tanking power house. Post Fantastic Four, he was playing in the same ball park as Thor/Hulk.

Also lol. I'm far from a Gladiator fanboy, I'm just telling you what happened as best as I can tell.

juggernaut74
That all sounds good and all but it's all hearsay.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Whatever. Colossus has always been B-level, Gladiator was noticeably more powerful under and post Bryne. No one can really deny that and that's all that matters.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Whatever. Colossus has always been B-level, Gladiator was noticeably more powerful under and post Bryne. No one can really deny that and that's all that matters. I'm saying Byrne has never confirmed such a rumor. Heck in the FF issue he even brings up his fight with Colossus iirc. If Byrne was trying to start a new era I don't see why he would reference and old battle.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I'm saying Byrne has never confirmed such a rumor. Heck in the FF issue he even brings up his fight with Colossus iirc. If Byrne was trying to start a new era I don't see why he would reference and old battle.

Him writing a Gladiator that's far more powerful than what we've seen isn't enough? I don't know about that but he definitely mentions his encounter with the X-men. I don't see how that has a significant impact on what I'm saying.

I get it, you like X-men related characters, but if Gladiator/Colossus crossed paths today, I have very little doubt that he would get styled on in a straight up fight. Similar to what would happen if he fought Thor or Hulk.

I don't understand how anyone can sit there and deny that Gladiator was weaker under Claremont. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure all of Gladiator's worst showings were penned by him including the Gambit knockout.

juggernaut74
If Glads and Colossus fought today I'd wager on Colossus myself.

Did Claremont write the Cannonball knockout also?

Rage.Of.Olympus
If Glads and Colossus fought today I'd wager on Colossus myself.

Did Claremont write the Cannonball knockout also?

Unless you're using the Cytorrak empowered Colossus (I'm not sure why you would) I'll stop taking you seriously.

Not sure. By the way, that scene is exaggerated. Cannonball knocked Gladiator into a construction site but he never put him down. IIRC Gladiator was fine. The writer also made it clear that Gladiator was in an entirely different league (He was about to punch Cannonball into the Sun) and wrote the type of crap that gets Carver wet like him being capable of doing anything if he sets his mind to it etc.

It should be noted that Gladiator was having confidence issues when Samie struck.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
The writer also made it clear that Gladiator was in an entirely different league (He was about to punch Cannonball into the Sun) and wrote the type of crap that gets Carver wet like him being capable of doing anything if he sets his mind to it etc.

Lol
laughing

Sr J-Bieb
Next thread:
Thanos that fought Odin vs Thanos with the HOTU

-Pr-
Spite thread, closing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.