Thanos One Shot Trials

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Main Concept:

The characters in this trial will be attempting to knock Thanos unconscious or making him submit and are only allowed one single attack to do this. If they can not do it in "one shot", then they fail the trial and Thanos goes on to the next round.

Scenarios:

1. Thanos runs the trial like a gauntlet. He does not get any rest between attempts and must weather them on stamina alone.

2. Thanos is allowed rest between each attempt and faces each attempt at 100% of his ability.

3. When Thanos fails scenario 2, he is allowed revenge. He runs down the the trial list a second time, but is attempting the reverse this time. He is allowed one attack to attempt to knock out, defeat or kill his opponents and is rested and at 100% after each attempt.

Setting

These trials take place on the Andes mountain range in South America.

Stipulations

- All characters involved get one single attack to attempt to complete the trial. They are allowed to use any attack form or gear to complete this trial but are only one shot is allowed. So while the Flash would be allowed to IMP, Zoom couldn't do a billion IMP before someone could react since only one attack is allowed. They must rely on their on power and normal gear and can not call for aid or summon others to help.

- Thanos is completely prepared for each attack; entirely on his guard and aware. He can not use any forcefields and must take each attack with his bare chest.

- The most recent versions of the characters (unless stated otherwise) are being used. They are allowed their normal gear and possesses their normal power levels. Recent outlier performances that run counter to their normal or average portrayals (such as how Thor killed Angrir) are not allowed to be used.

- If the attack that would allow the combatant to ko/defeat/kill their enemy would negatively affect the Earth (such as reducing a continent to slag, setting the atmosphere on fire or destroying the planet) they automatically fail the trial and their combatant automatically moves on.

- Thanos is immortal for these trials. Only those who know Thanos and know that he is immortal (such as the Guardians of the Galaxy) are aware of this fact. Otherwise they only know that Thanos is a Superman level foe (for DC) or Thor level foe (for Marvel).

- The combatants have no basic knowledge of Thanos and his abilities unless they have encountered him before or have prior knowledge of him and the same applies for Thanos.

- Plot induced Stupidity is off but Character Induced Stupidity is on. So characters like Superman will only know that Thanos is a threat that needs to be put down fast but has no reason to not entirely not hold back.

Combatants

1. Joker
2. Daredevil
3. Hawkeye
3. Batman
4. Black Panther
5. Captain America
6. Wolverine
7. Spider-man
8. Luke Cage
9. Joe Fixit
10. Superboy
11. Thing
12. Miss Martian
13. Ironman
14. Ms. Marvel
15. Hercules
16. Hawkman
17. Wonder Woman
18. Savage Hulk
19. Guy Gardner
20. Power Girl
21. Green Scar Hulk
22. Thor
23. Superman
24. Sodam Yat
25. Pre-Crisis Val Armorr
26. Silver Surfer
27. Superboy Prime
28. Kal-L of Earth 2
29. Parallax Kyle Rayner
30. Ganthet
31. Zeus
32. Odin
33. In-Betweener
34. Shaper of Worlds
35. Arishem
36. Exitar
37. Depowered Tyrant
38. Galactus
39. Eternity
40. Living Tribunal

JakeTheBank
Joker venom ftw.

But for serious, he gets to #17.

psycho gundam
i doubt that will work on thanos

Cogito
Clears it.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Originally posted by Cogito
Clears it.

In all three scenarios?

Cogito
All 3, baby.

JakeTheBank
Quan?

Mr.Mxyzptlk
All 3, baby.

So Thanos can one shot everyone from 30 up?

I'm assuming he clears 2 in your opinion because no one could down him in one shot and also not negatively affect Earth in the aftermath of downing him.

But how does he clear 1? I would think by the mid-20s that all those blows would take their toll.

Cogito
Originally posted by Mr.Mxyzptlk
So Thanos can one shot everyone from 30 up?

I'm assuming he clears 2 in your opinion because no one could down him in one shot and also not negatively affect Earth in the aftermath of downing him.

But how does he clear 1? I would think by the mid-20s that all those blows would take their toll.

Ok, I've been taking trolling classes but I didn't think they'd pay off so quickly.

Anyways, I could see Herc surviving, but if not he doesn't get past WW if she braces herself.

BTW: What are PC Val's durability feats to place him so high?

Mr.Mxyzptlk

BTW: What are PC Val's durability feats to place him so high?

He was placed on the list not for durability but for the potency of his "one shot".

Gecko4lif
22 maybe

Uriel005
22 or 17 Imo.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
@Uriel and Gecko: For which Scenarios?

Gecko4lif
@Uriel and Gecko: For which Scenarios?
All 3

Maybe 25 for 2

golem370
Depowered Tyrant already had the chance to one shot Thanos and could not

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Originally posted by golem370
Depowered Tyrant already had the chance to one shot Thanos and could not

So you think Thanos gets past 37 for which Trials?

golem370
Well I think Arishem and Exitar should be above Tyrant. I would say he makes it to Odin in 1. Arishem in the other two

DickBlazer
Lol at all these one shot threads.

No way he one shots savage hulk

Stops there

golem370
If he hit Hulk with that blast he hit Galactus with it would knock him out.

h1a8
Main Concept:

The characters in this trial will be attempting to knock Thanos unconscious or making him submit and are only allowed one single attack to do this. If they can not do it in "one shot", then they fail the trial and Thanos goes on to the next round.

Scenarios:

1. Thanos runs the trial like a gauntlet. He does not get any rest between attempts and must weather them on stamina alone.

2. Thanos is allowed rest between each attempt and faces each attempt at 100% of his ability.

3. When Thanos fails scenario 2, he is allowed revenge. He runs down the the trial list a second time, but is attempting the reverse this time. He is allowed one attack to attempt to knock out, defeat or kill his opponents and is rested and at 100% after each attempt.

Setting

These trials take place on the Andes mountain range in South America.

Stipulations

- All characters involved get one single attack to attempt to complete the trial. They are allowed to use any attack form or gear to complete this trial but are only one shot is allowed. So while the Flash would be allowed to IMP, Zoom couldn't do a billion IMP before someone could react since only one attack is allowed. They must rely on their on power and normal gear and can not call for aid or summon others to help.

- Thanos is completely prepared for each attack; entirely on his guard and aware. He can not use any forcefields and must take each attack with his bare chest.

- The most recent versions of the characters (unless stated otherwise) are being used. They are allowed their normal gear and possesses their normal power levels. Recent outlier performances that run counter to their normal or average portrayals (such as how Thor killed Angrir) are not allowed to be used.

- If the attack that would allow the combatant to ko/defeat/kill their enemy would negatively affect the Earth (such as reducing a continent to slag, setting the atmosphere on fire or destroying the planet) they automatically fail the trial and their combatant automatically moves on.

- Thanos is immortal for these trials. Only those who know Thanos and know that he is immortal (such as the Guardians of the Galaxy) are aware of this fact. Otherwise they only know that Thanos is a Superman level foe (for DC) or Thor level foe (for Marvel).

- The combatants have no basic knowledge of Thanos and his abilities unless they have encountered him before or have prior knowledge of him and the same applies for Thanos.

- Plot induced Stupidity is off but Character Induced Stupidity is on. So characters like Superman will only know that Thanos is a threat that needs to be put down fast but has no reason to not entirely not hold back.

Combatants

1. Joker
2. Daredevil
3. Hawkeye
3. Batman
4. Black Panther
5. Captain America
6. Wolverine
7. Spider-man
8. Luke Cage
9. Joe Fixit
10. Superboy
11. Thing
12. Miss Martian
13. Ironman
14. Ms. Marvel
15. Hercules
16. Hawkman
17. Wonder Woman
18. Savage Hulk
19. Guy Gardner
20. Power Girl
21. Green Scar Hulk
22. Thor
23. Superman
24. Sodam Yat
25. Pre-Crisis Val Armorr
26. Silver Surfer
27. Superboy Prime
28. Kal-L of Earth 2
29. Parallax Kyle Rayner
30. Ganthet
31. Zeus
32. Odin
33. In-Betweener
34. Shaper of Worlds
35. Arishem
36. Exitar
37. Depowered Tyrant
38. Galactus
39. Eternity
40. Living Tribunal
A Celestial>>Depowered Tyrant.
But Thanos stops at 36.

But if Thor doesn't hold back and whirls that hammer for a long time and build up maximum power to strike then he might one shot Thanos.

Uriel005
Dude... standing and letting Prime dish out his best shot is cruel and a sure way to get your ribcage pushed out the other side to look like a cradle. Prime's best shot is a Retcon punch and with no resistance offered he's shown to be able to do it more than once.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Does context mean anything to you?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Uriel005
Dude... standing and letting Prime dish out his best shot is cruel and a sure way to get your ribcage pushed out the other side to look like a cradle. Prime's best shot is a Retcon punch and with no resistance offered he's shown to be able to do it more than once.

Prime doesn't retcon shit on a whim.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
And would everyone please specify which scenario they're giving a number for or if they're giving it for all the scenarios?

Edit: Also, please note that both CIS is on and that no one has prior or basic knowledge of Thanos unless they already had it. So unless a character has a reason to do a 100% uber blow at the get go, they would treat Thanos as an unknown Thor class or Superman class foe.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Originally posted by h1a8
A Celestial>>Depowered Tyrant.

I figured, but I didn't want anyone putting a foot down my throat if I listed them after him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.