Doc Ock vs Wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Doctor Octopus is about to rob a bank little does he know Wolverine is in there making a withdrawl of some of favorite cigars he said collect over the years. Does Ock get stopped or does Wolverine get put down.

iRuleSoHard

the ninjak
Doc Ock wins this. He could see through his tentacles so sneaking up on Octavious won't be easy.

Once they're facing each other. Doc Ock won't have a problem avoiding Logan before grabbing his arms and legs. Then it's game over.

quanchi112
Wolverine wins.

golem370
IMO based on the durability and speed Ock shown with Spider-Man in the fight on the train shows he could take anything Wolverine could do to him. He would have the arms for defense against any of Wolverine attacks.

Robtard
Doc uses two tentacles to pin Wolverine down and then uses the other two to simultaneously rape Wolverine's mouth and anus like in a Hentai. /thread

BruceSkywalker
Ock literally and figuratively beats the shiite out of Logan

Psychotron
Logan isn't fast enough to avoid the tentacles. Once Ock grabs him it's all over.

Mindship
Wolverine stood up to Phoenix-Jean's blasts which were disintegrating men and machines like snowballs in a firestorm. I don't see Doc doing worse (it's also not in character for him to violate W in kinky ways). Neither do I see Doc's tentacles withstanding adamantium swipes.

Doc could win but likely won't.

golem370
Ock was fast he could grab Wolverine arms with two and beat him with the other two.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Mindship
Wolverine stood up to Phoenix-Jean's blasts which were disintegrating men and machines like snowballs in a firestorm. I don't see Doc doing worse (it's also not in character for him to violate W in kinky ways). Neither do I see Doc's tentacles withstanding adamantium swipes.

Doc could win but likely won't.

Phoenix just burnt off scraps of flesh, she could've exploded the flesh on his body apart and she had psychological ties.

Doc's arms would rip chunks of flesh and vital organs off Logan's skeleton. It would be brutal.
And have shown the skill to grab a mans wrists with ease. Once the wrists are restrained, Logan is nothing.

Mindship
Originally posted by the ninjak
Phoenix just burnt off scraps of flesh, she could've exploded the flesh on his body apart and she had psychological ties.
You could see Logan's sternum and ribs, repeatedly (hardly scraps), and the reason he didn't explode was because of his adamantium skeleton and healing factor. Psychological ties? Perhaps. But you really don't get that impression until he's already upon her (and it certainly didn't stop her from killing Scott).

The Silent Hero
Doc Ock is fast enough to beat Spidey, who is fast enough to beat Wolverine. I can see the Doctor pinning Wolverine down and destroying him.

Placidity
Originally posted by Mindship
You could see Logan's sternum and ribs, repeatedly (hardly scraps), and the reason he didn't explode was because of his adamantium skeleton and healing factor. Psychological ties? Perhaps. But you really don't get that impression until he's already upon her (and it certainly didn't stop her from killing Scott).

This has been well covered by myself. I've crushed all arguments that Phoenix was going full power on Logan. She was just screwing with him. There's a thread "somewhere", good luck.

Mindship
Originally posted by Placidity
I've crushed all arguments that Phoenix was going full power on Logan.I did not say she was using full power. The point was simply to make a comparison with Doc.

K-Dog
Doc Oc takes the majority based on the law of "PIS equality"---Doc should have never been able to take punches to the face from Spider Man and Wolverine should have never been able to block Deadpool's optic blast with his claws (or fought at an equal speed to Deadpool either).
But Wolverine takes a few cuz his claws are going to cut those tentacles or testicles or whatever they get.

Utrigita
Wolverines healing factor can be circumvented, it was shown in the first movie (Sabertooth knocked him a tree), in the second (Lady Deathstrike playing long nails in the back with him). So I find it entirely plausible that Doc Ock can through extensive damage, either win through KO or simply making so the Healing factor can't follow the amount of damage any longer. Also I doubt Adamantium will cut through Doc Ock "arms".

golem370
Ock did beat peter really he took off after he ripped the the lever off the train he had to threaten the train passengers for peter gave up.

Zampanó
Isn't blunt force trauma effective against Wolverine? He got knocked out stone cold by a bullet in #2, I think.

Each of those arms is hitting a hell of a lot harder than a bullet.

RE: Blaxican
^ This.

Ock wins by KO. Slam a tentacle into Logan's head until he blacks out.

Makashidude
Doc Ock is faster than wolverine. Tougher? I don't think so. Those arms aren't made of Adamantium therefore Wolverine can slice right through them. Without the arms he's just a regular flabby-ass human and this fight is over. But for the sake of argument lets say Ock has Wolverine pinned down. What can he really do to him? Wolverines bones are made of Adamantium which as I've just pointed out is way tougher than what Ocks arms are made of. (Unless its the adamantium-harness ock) Even if you take the adamantium bones out of the equation, Wolverines healing factor will just repair any injuries Ock inflicts upon him. Ock can't do any serious damage to him and Wolverine isn't fast enough to hit Ock. At best, this fight is a stalemate, with Wolverine possibly taking it due to his indestructible claws and MUCH higher endurance.

Ridley_Prime
A bullet from a random cop took out Wolverine in X2 for a good amount of time, when Pyro was having his fun, so why wouldn't anything Ock does to Logan have a similar effect?

Makashidude
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
A bullet from a random cop took out Wolverine in X2 for a good amount of time, when Pyro was having his fun, so why wouldn't anything Ock does to Logan have a similar effect?

I didn't say it wouldn't, but Logan can heal from it, as shown in X2 he was completely fine after a few minutes. All Wolverine needs is one good hit and Ock is done. Ock can't take damage the way Wolverine can, nowhere near.

Placidity
Originally posted by Makashidude
I didn't say it wouldn't, but Logan can heal from it, as shown in X2 he was completely fine after a few minutes. All Wolverine needs is one good hit and Ock is done. Ock can't take damage the way Wolverine can, nowhere near.

It is likely assumed a Knock Out counts as a win in this fight.

Makashidude
It is likely assumed a Knock Out counts as a win in this fight.

I still think Wolverine could make short work of Ocks arms. We're talking about a guy who took down a Sentinel by himself. Not an easy feat. Could Ock take a Sentinel single-handed? I doubt it.

RE: Blaxican
He managed to take out the Sentinel by having Collosus throw him at its head. I don't see how that has any bearing on his fight with Octavius.

Makashidude
Of course it does, Sentinels are tougher than Ock. If Wolverine can take a 100ft tall super-robot DESIGNED to kill mutants, he can take a middle aged scientist with robotic arms. My point was more towards demonstrating his prowess against robotic opponents, rather than a direct comparison.

Placidity
Originally posted by Makashidude
Of course it does, Sentinels are tougher than Ock. If Wolverine can take a 100ft tall super-robot DESIGNED to kill mutants, he can take a middle aged scientist with robotic arms. My point was more towards demonstrating his prowess against robotic opponents, rather than a direct comparison.

Yeah ok, a Sentinel is tougher than Magneto. Therefore Wolverine can beat Magneto.

You win!

golem370
Those arms of Ock were no joke they were tough as hell

the ninjak
Logan ain't cutting no arms apart unless they just hover there and do nothing.
They're instinctual and quick enough to constantly tag Spidey. Durable enough to withstand the heat of the Sun. Strong enough to tear a bank vault door out of a wall.
Logan can't sneak up on Doc Ock either for he can see through the tentacles at all angles.

Ock uses two tentacles to grab Logan's wrists.
Lifts him up into the air.
Beats his head in with one tentacle.
And rips the flesh off his bones with the rest.

Makashidude
Logan ain't cutting no arms apart unless they just hover there and do nothing.
They're instinctual and quick enough to constantly tag Spidey. Durable enough to withstand the heat of the Sun. Strong enough to tear a bank vault door out of a wall.
Logan can't sneak up on Doc Ock either for he can see through the tentacles at all angles.

Ock uses two tentacles to grab Logan's wrists.
Lifts him up into the air.
Beats his head in with one tentacle.
And rips the flesh off his bones with the rest.

.....But not adamantium. Adamantium is the toughest metal in the Marvel Universe. Therefore Wolverines claws are strong enough to cut through Ocks arms. I did not say he was fast enough to do that, i was comparing durability, in which Wolverine has a distinct advantage.
And as for the guy who thinks a sentinel can beat magneto...lol. Your simplistic sarcasm does not change the FACT that Wolverine beat a Sentinel. Nor does it change the FACT that Adamantium > Whatever material Ocks arms are made of.

the ninjak
My point was if Doc Ock just held his tentacles out and said "Logan go for it" sure he would rip them up.

But the arms are fast and bend and act through instinct. While Logan slashes at one more will simply grab his arms or legs.
The guy tagged Spidey multiple times. A guy with insane agility and slow motion time ability. He can tag movie Wolverine.

Nephthys
I don't know if Wolvie can cut the arms. Those were the things that were holding a miniture-sun with no problem.

But Wolvie being able to cut through Ocks arms are the only way he has a chance in this fight.

Psychotron
Originally posted by Nephthys
I don't know if Wolvie can cut the arms. Those were the things that were holding a miniture-sun with no problem.

But Wolvie being able to cut through Ocks arms are the only way he has a chance in this fight.

Wolverine won't be able to cut the arms. He's not strong enough.

Nephthys
I don't think I've seen him fail to cut through something other than adamantium.

the ninjak
As I stated Doc's arms are too fast, instinctual and durable to get seriously damaged.

Logan doesn't have the speed feats he has in the comics. Nor the strength and damage soak.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Nephthys
I don't think I've seen him fail to cut through something other than adamantium.

Indeed. He cut through those blast doors, which appeared to be between 8 inches to an entire foot.

He cut through them like butter. Best we can say...that was industrial strength steel. So a really durable material...but not epic.

I would say the Doc's arms are made out of a more durable material (in the movies)....probably a tungston alloy because it has to resist the heat form his "mini-sun"...but it is just not dark enough to be tungsten.

But, that's what I'll go with.

I do not think Wolverine will easily cut through those arms...but he will be able to put "dinks" in them fairly easily. He should be able to cut through them, eventually.

That said....is his damage soak enough to contend with the Ock before a knockout? I don't know. Is his speed good enough? I don't know.

Going by feats...Doc Ock is near impossible to knock out (lol).

I need to see more...

No, we went over this in another thread.

The video shows her going all out against Wolverine...full-on rage blasting Wolverine with everything she had.

So it's either PIS (yes) or Wolverine's healing factor coupled with his skeleton could withstand Phoenix (the correct interpretation).

the ninjak
Originally posted by dadudemon
Indeed. He cut through those blast doors, which appeared to be between 8 inches to an entire foot.
He cut through them like butter. Best we can say...that was industrial strength steel. So a really durable material...but not epic.
I would say the Doc's arms are made out of a more durable material (in the movies)....probably a tungston alloy because it has to resist the heat form his "mini-sun"...but it is just not dark enough to be tungsten.
I do not think Wolverine will easily cut through those arms...but he will be able to put "dinks" in them fairly easily. He should be able to cut through them, eventually.
Those steel doors were stationary. And I agree Logan will create cuts in the arms but won't seriously damage one.

That said....is his damage soak enough to contend with the Ock before a knockout? I don't know. Is his speed good enough? I don't know.
Going by feats...Doc Ock is near impossible to knock out (lol).

Spiderman has insane strength feats including snapping a thugs arm like a small twig and stopping a train with webbing.

His Superhero code made him hold back on those punches on Doc Ock. Simple as that. The guy was a respected friend and scientist who went mad. It must be hard for someone with Parker's abilities holding back his punches enough to ensure he doesn't flat out kill them.

The video shows her going all out against Wolverine...full-on rage blasting Wolverine with everything she had.
So it's either PIS (yes) or Wolverine's healing factor coupled with his skeleton could withstand Phoenix (the correct interpretation).

Phoenix definitely didn't turn Logan's entire flesh to dust.
Like she did to Xavier.
She slapped heat waves at certain parts of his body. It's obvious.
She had the mental strength to tear a metal door in the Xmansion's basement.
She could've flown Logan like a ragdoll, or blasted ALL the flesh of his body.

Jean most definitely didn't go all out on Logan at the end of X3.

I believe the whole point of the scene was similar to the comics. Only Logan could get through to Jean while she was in Dark Phoenix mode.

And she let him kill her.

Doc Ock takes this fight with ease.

Placidity

Un-****ing believable. We did go over it, to the point where it was proven she wasn't going anywhere near full power. You couldn't provide any counter arguments by the end of that debate, and here you are now again, saying it shows her going "all out", lol.

Robtard
Un-****ing believable. We did go over it, to the point where it was proven she wasn't going anywhere near full power. You couldn't provide any counter arguments by the end of that debate, and here you are now again, saying it shows her going "all out", lol.

If it makes you feel better, he does the same thing to me time and time again.

Prove a point of his wrong. Wait. Rehash failed point while claiming a previous victory.

Mutants turned instantly into ash the second they hit her 'turn you to ash' storm, Wolverine only received minor burns by comparison. I know you know this.

Placidity
Originally posted by Robtard
If it makes you feel better, he does the same thing to me time and time again.

Prove a point of his wrong. Wait. Rehash failed point while claiming a previous victory.

Mutants turned instantly into ash the second they hit her 'turn you to ash' storm, Wolverine only received minor burns by comparison. I know you know this.

Haha, I did mention that along with a load of other points.

But the one point which I finally thought of after watching the scene many times, which also managed to shut him up completely was that Wolverine's suit was still intact after several waves of her attack.

Robtard
Haha, I did mention that along with a load of other points.

But the one point which I finally thought of after watching the scene many times, which also managed to shut him up completely was that Wolverine's suit was still intact after several waves of her attack.

Pretty sure she managed to blast away his jacket(Jackman's contract requires he gets to flex while topless), but his pants stayed on. Clearly his pants were made with adamantium-lace, only logical explanation.

Placidity
Originally posted by Robtard
Pretty sure she managed to blast away his jacket(Jackman's contract requires he gets to flex while topless), but his pants stayed on. Clearly his pants were made with adamantium-lace, only logical explanation.

Yeah, but after the first blast, it was still there, only some of it was stripped away.

siriuswriter
In the first Wolverine movie the doctor and scientists specifically said that nothing can go through adamantium except adamantium. He also said that anything below adamantium would be easily destroyed by adamantium. And how many times have we heard that the only way to kill Wolverine was to destroy his skeleton...

Two bullets point-blank to the skull didn't kill him. All they did was knock him out.

Okay... so, Dr. Ock has not yet discovered adamantium. Therefore, his arms cannot be made of adamantium. Also therefore, they are a lesser metal.

What can cut through itself and anything lesser than it? Oh yeah. And what's Wolverine's skeleton made of? Oh.... yeaaaaah.

Ock's way of prolonging the inevitable is those arms, because they are attached to Ock's own nervous system and therefore a part of him. He controls them naturally. He will never be distracted from controlling them.

He has a lot of arms, and with them can be incredible agile and quick. If he uses the ceiling as a base, he can also prolong the inevitable by using only his tentacle-arms to reach down at Wolverine, who is now like a puppy trying to make it through a razor.

BUT. Nothing Ock can do will kill Wolverine. That's canon. Ock has nothing made of adamantium. Nor is he nuclear. Wolverine's self-heal works wonders for him. It's just a question of Wolverine's stamina. Oh wait... he's fought in every war since and including the Civil... I think he has plenty of stamina. Eventually all arms will be cut to stubs, and then Wolverine can't be kept away from Ock.

Placidity
^ Again: Knock Out counts as a win.

Funny post though, I read it twice.

The Silent Hero
^^^ Okay then Ock snatches Logan's legs, then arms, and smashes him against stuff and around and around until he's unconscious. Logan isn't strong enough to break the tentacles' grip.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.