Reign of Fire *Dragons vs. Pitch Black *Creatures

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
The male dragon from the reign of fire awakens on whatever planet Pitch Black took place on. Can those creatures stop the dragons before consuming this world in ash ?

EvilAngel
Yes.

There seemed to be a Lot more of them, and unless the dragons are planning on breathing fire all the time I'm thinking they can't see in Pitch Black.

quanchi112
Originally posted by EvilAngel
Yes.

There seemed to be a Lot more of them, and unless the dragons are planning on breathing fire all the time I'm thinking they can't see in Pitch Black. In Reign of Fire their vision was actually noted as being better in the dark than during the day time.

Mindset
Depends on the numbers, how many dragons were there?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Mindset
Depends on the numbers, how many dragons were there? They say throughout their were thousands before the nuclear fallout but I believe a few hundred or so were noted around London which flew away right before they attacked the lone male dragon.

the ninjak
I reckon the Dragons get eaten like mice in a pool of pirahnas.

If we are using a few hundred.

quanchi112
Originally posted by the ninjak
I reckon the Dragons get eaten like mice in a pool of pirahnas.

If we are using a few hundred. Imagine how many creatures a dragon takes out when they open their mouths and breathe fire. I eliminated their spawning because it's too much for the creatures to have a chance with what we know about them.

Impediment
The creatures would overflow the dragons like army ants on a grasshopper, easy.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Impediment
The creatures would overflow the dragons like army ants on a grasshopper, easy. One thing which hurts the creatures is they attack like a school of fish all neatly pressed together which means one dragon could take out hundreds if not thousands by simply breathing fire which would engulf a high amount.

Mindship
Can those creatures stop the dragons before consuming this world in ash ? I would say no. Humans couldn't do it. And given our weapons and technology, I would think we'd put up a better fight.

Regardless, I'm not sure the big ones were all that numerous. And the little ones: I'm not taking it as a given they could easily pierce dragon scales. It's been a while since I've seen either movie, but I seem to recall something about their scales being like armor (really not sure). The dragons are also more intelligent: iirc, this played a major role in their being able to turn our world into ash.

And wouldn't even just the light from dragonfire severely injur the PB creatures? I could see the dragons picking up on that.

Robtard
Originally posted by Mindship
And wouldn't even just the light from dragonfire severely injur the PB creatures? I could see the dragons picking up on that.

They shied away when the idiot who freaked out and went off by himself used some alcohol and a lighter to spew flame.

Seems they hate all light sources, not sure if it harmed them though.

quanchi112
I would say no. Humans couldn't do it. And given our weapons and technology, I would think we'd put up a better fight.

Regardless, I'm not sure the big ones were all that numerous. And the little ones: I'm not taking it as a given they could easily pierce dragon scales. It's been a while since I've seen either movie, but I seem to recall something about their scales being like armor (really not sure). The dragons are also more intelligent: iirc, this played a major role in their being able to turn our world into ash.

And wouldn't even just the light from dragonfire severely injur the PB creatures? I could see the dragons picking up on that. The reason was humans kinda screwed themselves over by nuking the planet and due to how quickly the dragons can spawn. I tried to negate the spawning advantage and want to take roughly around 200 females with the one male who propagates the species against the thousands of creatures we see in Pitch Black.

If the numbers are even close the dragons stomp them into the ground. It's kinda like the deadliest warrior episode of vampires vs. zombies we need a much higher number of creatures to make it fair.

NemeBro
The creatures from Pitch Black melted in the face of light.

The Dragons breathe a source of light, that also happens to have heat properties of its own.

... Yeah.

quanchi112
Originally posted by NemeBro
The creatures from Pitch Black melted in the face of light.

The Dragons breathe a source of light, that also happens to have heat properties of its own.

... Yeah. For the purposes of this thread fire has to touch them to kill them. To keep it fair and all.

NemeBro
How durable were the dragons?

IIRC they were basically proof against anti-armour human weaponry.

Not sure the Pitch Black creatures have the output to kill all the dragons.

ares834
Originally posted by quanchi112
The reason was humans kinda screwed themselves over by nuking the planet and due to how quickly the dragons can spawn. I tried to negate the spawning advantage and want to take roughly around 200 females with the one male who propagates the species against the thousands of creatures we see in Pitch Black.

If the numbers are even close the dragons stomp them into the ground. It's kinda like the deadliest warrior episode of vampires vs. zombies we need a much higher number of creatures to make it fair.

Doesn't Riddick say there are millions?

quanchi112
Originally posted by NemeBro
How durable were the dragons?

IIRC they were basically proof against anti-armour human weaponry.

Not sure the Pitch Black creatures have the output to kill all the dragons. The male no sold machine gunfire to the face. What the Pitch Black creatures need are pure numbers to have a chance which I gave them. Their formations while flying around will be a serious handicap when a dragon starts breathing fire in their general direction.

Robtard
For the purposes of this thread fire has to touch them to kill them. To keep it fair and all.

What's the point then?

If you have to gimp the dragons in order for the PB flyers to have a chance, then it's obvious who would win an objective fight.

Mindship
What the Pitch Black creatures need are pure numbers to have a chance which I gave them. Their formations while flying around will be a serious handicap when a dragon starts breathing fire in their general direction. This raises interesting logistics. If the PB creatures live all over their world, and are not just local fauna, then they could win if they mobilize (this includes reproducing) fast enough.

And also: what were those giant creatures those immense skeletons belonged to? Did they fall victim to the PB flyers, or did they starve/die of thirst, because, well, something that big would need tons of food/water, and that landscape was quite desertlike.

As far as dragon fire having to touch the flyers: although I wouldn't make that stip, I can see the reasoning. With just light alone (they could probably even save the heavy "fire"power), I could see the dragons skycorraling the flyers in prep to feast on them, not too differently from how, say, dolphins use air bubbles to corral schools of fish.

Yeah, unless they PBers have a significant numbers advantage, they are photophobic toast.

the ninjak
Yeah the Dragons did cover the sky with red light, nice logic Nemebro.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Robtard
What's the point then?

If you have to gimp the dragons in order for the PB flyers to have a chance, then it's obvious who would win an objective fight. I want to take the weakness away to have a fight. At their best the creatures have no chance against the dragons at their best. The dragons spawned to millions and survived nuclear attacks. I want to see without weakness and with overwhelming numbers to the dragons to make this thread interesting.

In the thread with Sauron and company's weapons unbreakable against lightsabers I didn't hear you crying foul over there. Just relax and enjoy the threads.

quanchi112
This raises interesting logistics. If the PB creatures live all over their world, and are not just local fauna, then they could win if they mobilize (this includes reproducing) fast enough.

And also: what were those giant creatures those immense skeletons belonged to? Did they fall victim to the PB flyers, or did they starve/die of thirst, because, well, something that big would need tons of food/water, and that landscape was quite desertlike.

As far as dragon fire having to touch the flyers: although I wouldn't make that stip, I can see the reasoning. With just light alone (they could probably even save the heavy "fire"power), I could see the dragons skycorraling the flyers in prep to feast on them, not too differently from how, say, dolphins use air bubbles to corral schools of fish.

Yeah, unless they PBers have a significant numbers advantage, they are photophobic toast. We don't see how quickly they replenish their races and have no idea so neither side can reproduce. The dragons quickly spawned to millions which would make this an epic one sided stomp against the creatures.

Yeah, I think it's reasonable to assume the Pb creatures effectively took over the entire planet based on what their behavior was like on screen.

Just like the zombies against the vampires they have to have a staggering numbers advantage to make this interesting otherwise it's a spite thread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.