Zero vs Composite Link

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CosmicComet
http://pressthebuttons.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83452033569e20120a5634800970c-800wi

vs.

http://www.zeldawiki.org/images/thumb/2/2a/Fierce_Deity_Link.png/408px-Fierce_Deity_Link.png

(Just pretend Fierce Deity is a representation of Composite Link)

No TriForce for Link.

Yay another Zelda thread.

BloodRain
Sucks that no one uses/can use Fierce Deity Link, it'd be a great power-up.

Zero is faster and possible stronger with some nice offensive abilities to boot. Maybe it could come down to items and the like.

The Scenario
Well, uh. I'm not sure about strength, actually. One of Zero's best strength feats is breaking a steel floor, but I'm not sure that quite beats the pillar toss. Speed is more or less a toss up.

As for abilities, a lot of Zero's are melee focused, or at least are close to medium range. Link would have the advantage in longer range engagements, and his magic would be pretty hard to dodge.

BloodRain
Was taking a shot in the dark that Zero = Megaman, who had Mach 5 reactions and could somewhat support* part of a castle. If not then Link has the physical advantage.

I was thinking his Hax would be his saviour here, like NY, masks or some other item he has.

*IIRC he let go to run and it didn't immediately collapse.

CosmicComet
i wonder if the golden gauntlets multiply strength or if they add a static value?

ScreamPaste
Link dual wields the four sword and master sword while giant, one of his copies uses the magnet gloves to keep Zero still, another shoosts him with ice arrows to make sure, and the giant one crushes him with the megaton hammer.

Demonic Phoenix
Zero stops Time at the beginning of the match and cuts off Link's Hair. awebis

CosmicComet
Originally posted by CosmicComet
i wonder if the golden gauntlets multiply strength or if they add a static value?

uhuh

ScreamPaste
uhuh There's no way for me to know, lol. No statement on it and we don't see it in other games for comparisons.

CosmicComet
ok, i'm just going to say static as that is more conservative.

also, how exactly will composite work? obviously, they get all the nifty items, but what about stats?

For example, will it be TP Link's base strength stacked with OOT Link's base strength and all the rest of em if applicable? Or will it just default to the Link with the highest stats for any particular field?

ScreamPaste
ok, i'm just going to say static as that is more conservative.

also, how exactly will composite work? obviously, they get all the nifty items, but what about stats?

For example, will it be TP Link's base strength stacked with OOT Link's base strength and all the rest of em if applicable? Or will it just default to the Link with the highest stats for any particular field? Never really thought about it, since I rarely am allowed to use composite Link. TP Link + GG's = awesome regardless, though. I've seen no strength feats from Zero to rival what that would be capable of, especially with the giant's mask and various power bracelets, ect.

There being four of Link kind of makes this insanity, particularly if Zero has no defense against Spell.

The Scenario
I would just go with the feats. There's no real way to determine what TP+GG would be like, so I'd suggest just sticking to the known OoT+GG.

This includes the Phantom Sword, too, though. That means Link has a time stop available.

CosmicComet
Zero and Mega Man X are both superior models to the original Mega Man.

Who had strengths feats like supporting part of Wily's fortress, and knocking down several story tall robots with a punch.

The Scenario
Yeah, I keep hearing this, but having played both series, it comes across as a massive case of Informed Ability. At no point in the X series does X really feel superior to Mega Man.

Quick Man, from the original series, has a "cruising speed" of mach 5. In game he move primarily by jumping, but that is neither here nor there. The point being that the X and Zero series don't have anyone comparable to this. The best I can think of Drive Ostrich, who has an arbitrary speed rating of 5500 rpm, but no indication of what this means. The Zero series has Harpuia, whose attacks are described as "sonic."

Mega Man's fastest enemy? Mach 5.
Zero's fastest enemy? Barely mach 1, if that, and it's only his sword beams.

For strength, we have Mega Man holding up the ceiling of Wily's Fortress. It's possible that he had help with this, as you can hear Protoman's whistle right before the ceiling stops collapsing, but again neither here nor there. Zero, for comparison, once punched a hole through the floor. I estimate it being maybe 7 feet of material.

Mega Man's best strength feat? Holding up part of a castle.
Zero's best strength feat? Punching the floor.

Objectively, and by feats, I'm tempted to say Mega Man is superior his successor X, as well as Zero. The only thing that keeps this from being true is a statement that X is just "better" than Mega Man.

Kirikaze Fuuma
Originally posted by The Scenario
Yeah, I keep hearing this, but having played both series, it comes across as a massive case of Informed Ability. At no point in the X series does X really feel superior to Mega Man.

Quick Man, from the original series, has a "cruising speed" of mach 5. In game he move primarily by jumping, but that is neither here nor there. The point being that the X and Zero series don't have anyone comparable to this. The best I can think of Drive Ostrich, who has an arbitrary speed rating of 5500 rpm, but no indication of what this means. The Zero series has Harpuia, whose attacks are described as "sonic."

Mega Man's fastest enemy? Mach 5.
Zero's fastest enemy? Barely mach 1, if that, and it's only his sword beams.

For strength, we have Mega Man holding up the ceiling of Wily's Fortress. It's possible that he had help with this, as you can hear Protoman's whistle right before the ceiling stops collapsing, but again neither here nor there. Zero, for comparison, once punched a hole through the floor. I estimate it being maybe 7 feet of material.

Mega Man's best strength feat? Holding up part of a castle.
Zero's best strength feat? Punching the floor.

Objectively, and by feats, I'm tempted to say Mega Man is superior his successor X, as well as Zero. The only thing that keeps this from being true is a statement that X is just "better" than Mega Man.

About your last statement, yes, we all know that Zero has been stated to be stronger than Megaman. X, which is stronger than Megaman, has the 17th upgrade of normal mega buster which still cannot damage Vile's ride armor while Zero with a half charged shot, managed to break Vile's Ride Armor hand (As seen in Maverick Hunter X game). We can say that Zero (from X1) > X (X1) >>> Megaman. And that's Zero from Megaman X1 version. Zero from X8 or Zero series is much stronger. Yep. By feats, Megaman seemingly has more than X or Zero. But still, we have a feat from Zero which makes him looks superior to Megaman.

Also, we don't know how Megaman react against Quickman. All we know is, time-stopping weapon is Quickman's weakness. Who knows, Megaman actually used time-stopper to defeat Quickman. That possibility exists even though we don't have a proof about that.

The Scenario
I haven't played Maverick Hunter X, but I did play the original Mega Man X. Unless something was changed, X could damage Vile's Ride Armor but was simply unable to defeat it. (Granted, I'm basing this off of the fact that the Ride Armor flashes when hit. When you can't damage something, the shots bounce off.)

How are we defining "stronger"? I won't argue that the MK 17 Megabuster is superior to the original, but I was more discussing physical strength. X has stronger weapons, sure, but I would still argue that Mega Man has a meaner left hook than X.

Kirikaze Fuuma
Originally posted by The Scenario
I haven't played Maverick Hunter X, but I did play the original Mega Man X. Unless something was changed, X could damage Vile's Ride Armor but was simply unable to defeat it. (Granted, I'm basing this off of the fact that the Ride Armor flashes when hit. When you can't damage something, the shots bounce off.)

How are we defining "stronger"? I won't argue that the MK 17 Megabuster is superior to the original, but I was more discussing physical strength. X has stronger weapons, sure, but I would still argue that Mega Man has a meaner left hook than X.

In Maverick Hunter X, Vile has life bar when we fight him for the first time. But during the fight, X can only damage Vile if X aimed at Vile's head. It won't cause a damage if you shoot the Ride Armor.

Well... I have no proof that X has better physical strength than Original Megaman. But, maybe we can use this. In Megaman X3, When you used the charged version of Tri-Thunder, X would punch the ground and caused an earthquake while it caused electricity at the same time, while Tri-Thunder is a thunder based weapon. Not power based.

The Scenario
Originally posted by Kirikaze Fuuma
In Maverick Hunter X, Vile has life bar when we fight him for the first time. But during the fight, X can only damage Vile if X aimed at Vile's head. It won't cause a damage if you shoot the Ride Armor.

Well... I have no proof that X has better physical strength than Original Megaman. But, maybe we can use this. In Megaman X3, When you used the charged version of Tri-Thunder, X would punch the ground and caused an earthquake while it caused electricity at the same time, while Tri-Thunder is a thunder based weapon. Not power based.

I need to play Maverick Hunter X, then. Very well, I'll concede that one.

I don't know how to quantify an earthquake, but I see your point. Admittedly I can't quantify a ceiling, either, it just seems more impressive. Meh, the whole point is moot when we have a statement that says I'm wrong, anyway. I just disagree with the presentation, and I'd rather see X being stronger than just be told he is.

BloodRain
So how strong is Mega? I saw Acrosurge and SP put it as 200-3,000 tons.. I'm getting 20-30K :I

ScreamPaste
What? Lol. I personally weighed the section of the foretress that landed on megaman (It isn't the entire thing.)

Anyway, four Links with time con****ery, various defensive abilities, strength amps, and 'spell'.

Let's start with Zero's ability to resist spell? no expression

Burning thought
Can he attack beyond a range of 10 meters?

BloodRain
Link? Yes. Zero? Also yes.

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
What? Lol. I personally weighed the section of the foretress that landed on megaman (It isn't the entire thing.)
'Cuuuuuz from what we can see the ceiling is min 60m long, min 10m high and.. guessing 5 or 10m wide. Plus partially hollow metal for the tech stuff in it, so half metal density. This gives a min 13-26k tons.

CosmicComet
anyone ever calc how heavy the super-mechasaurus would have been?

BloodRain
This guy? 'bout 3/400 tons.

CosmicComet
I believe it was in the anime or something, where one tried to step on him but megaman resisted it and threw it back?

And people keep describing him as 6 stories tall, much taller than what he looks like in that game. So, definitely more than just a few hundred tonsand made more impressive by his falling weight being resisted and then thrown back.

BloodRain
Too lazy to search for it. Game one is just over 3 stories tall, so if its body is similar the animated one that toon one is.. 2000+ tons /guess-shrugs

CosmicComet
Well if you say its 3 stories tall and the one in the anime is 6 stories, the latter will be 8 times heavier assuming all else is equivalent proportions wise.

BloodRain
Well gameguy is 10m tall and 6 stories is ~18m tall I think.. so its gameguy times 1.8^3/

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.