galactus vs arishem (celestial)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ozz81
both are at full power ready to battle.

Nihilist
Galactus wins.

zopzop
Arishem WRECKS him 10/10.

Power Cosmic II
Originally posted by ozz81

you should have stipulated fraction galactus. too late, you missed your chance.

guy222
I just made this on ICT

Arishem the Judge FTW

Again, despite Fraction's nonsense, it comes down to personal preference

I'm a Celestial homer laughing out loud Of course Celestials win

I hope Gillen doesn't job em out

Power Cosmic II
Originally posted by guy222
I just made this on ICT

Arishem the Judge FTW

Again, despite Fraction's nonsense, it comes down to personal preference

I'm a Celestial homer laughing out loud Of course Celestials win

I hope Gillen doesn't job em out

Gillen? For the x-men arc? lol...you should be worried about the FF solicits for december, concerning the council of reeds and the "Mad Celestials"

reed's closet gun FTW

zopzop
Originally posted by Power Cosmic II
Gillen? For the x-men arc? lol...you should be worried about the FF solicits for december, concerning the council of reeds and the "Mad Celestials"

reed's closet gun FTW

As bad as that was, they had some stupendous showings in that arc. One Celestial vaporized TWO IG users. They were shrugging off attacks from Star-Brand wielding Reeds too. Losing to Reed isn't something to be ashamed of. He's even vaporized the LT once.

Power Cosmic II
Originally posted by zopzop
As bad as that was, they had some stupendous showings in that arc. One Celestial vaporized TWO IG users. They were shrugging off attacks from Star-Brand wielding Reeds too. Losing to Reed isn't something to be ashamed of. He's even vaporized the LT once.

Yeah but that "omnipotent" gear was incredibly nerfed. Do you remember how many UNs they needed to kill the alternate galactus?

and losing to reed isn't a problem. it's KNOWING that they'll lose to reed before the arc even starts, and not knowing it what ridiculous fashion reed will win is the problem. In the latest ff one of the reeds just literally slapped on his slave collar on Doom. It's probably not the real doom (at least i hope not) but still.

guy222

reed's closet gun FTW

i don't worry bout that they embarass galactus as well

he feared a confrontation with franklin

took 150 heroes to kill em laughing out loud

such nonsense but what can u do

writers write as they please, editors approve be that way forever

zeel
galactus gets wrecked.

Mr.Mxyzptlk

Wait, by full power do you really mean full power?

As in we're talking about Galactus as an equal to both Eternity and Death?

TheLordofMurder
I honestly feel that a full powered (or rather a well fed) Galactus should be above any Celestial (Scathan is PIS personified btw)...

And if we are using recent showings, Galactus is indeed portrayed as being beyond Celestials...

Judged U
Galactus has a costume with a big G on it (so he can remember his name) and a purple skirt... Instant win!!!

Eternal Idol
Galactus overrules Arishem's judgement with an open-hand slap upside the head.

u4ZgVRJ-H8U

the Darkone
Galactus!

zopzop
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
I honestly feel that a full powered (or rather a well fed) Galactus should be above any Celestial (Scathan is PIS personified btw)...

And if we are using recent showings, Galactus is indeed portrayed as being beyond Celestials...

Beyond? Do you mean beneath?
Odin by himself ramming into Galactus............double KO.
http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/453/0902201108.th.jpg

vs
Three skyfathers attacking Arishem in unison................nothing.
http://img506.imageshack.us/img506/9053/thor30016ie7.th.jpg

TheLordofMurder
Beyond? Do you mean beneath?
Odin by himself ramming into Galactus............double KO.
http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/453/0902201108.th.jpg

vs
Three skyfathers attacking Arishem in unison................nothing.
http://img506.imageshack.us/img506/9053/thor30016ie7.th.jpg

Galactus outperformed multiple Celestials against the Galactus Engine...

Slaanesh
Arishem FTW

zopzop
Galactus outperformed multiple Celestials against the Galactus Engine...

We really don't know what went on with the Celestials and the Galactus Engine. They were there then they were gone. Same goes for Teneberous.

TheLordofMurder
We really don't know what went on with the Celestials and the Galactus Engine. They were there then they were gone. Same goes for Teneberous.

Yeah, we dont know specifics; they left some things for the imagination apparently...

But at the end of the day, we do know that the Cosmics attacked the GA as it was a major threat...

As a result, I dont think any of them just gave up and left; I believe all the other Cosmics were defeated and Galactus was the last one standing...

zopzop
Yeah, we dont know specifics; they left some things for the imagination apparently...

But at the end of the day, we do know that the Cosmics attacked the GA as it was a major threat...

As a result, I dont think any of them just gave up and left; I believe all the other Cosmics were defeated and Galactus was the last one standing...

Even that is open to interpretation. How do we know the Celestials and T/A didn't take the brunt of the attack? How do we know how much power each Cosmic contributed to the fight?

At least with the Odin incident, we saw three skyfathers were as nothing to Arishem but Odin by himself rocked Galactus.

guy222
Everyone always mentions the Celestials weren't seen in the last pages of TI

Arishem and the Celestials return in an upcoming X-Men

The point is so moot

Now, Arishem wins

stick out tongue

Seriously, as I mentioned earlier...comes down to who u like better

Eternal Idol
Arishem passes judgement on the Devourer of Worlds.

Galactus raises his mighty pimp-hand.

Arishem knows fear.

Galactus ftw.

guy222
okay friend

stick out tongue

Eternal Idol
bea-and-butt

quanchi112
Galactus wins.

guy222
The Judge

Power Cosmic II
Even that is open to interpretation. How do we know the Celestials and T/A didn't take the brunt of the attack? How do we know how much power each Cosmic contributed to the fight?

At least with the Odin incident, we saw three skyfathers were as nothing to Arishem but Odin by himself rocked Galactus.

Aegis was killed in the opening moments and Tenebrous was gone by TI #5

Galactus is leading the resistance against the galactus engine with 4 Celestials. Arishem is in the bottom left.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f123/leunames/Galactus/th_ti5.jpg

The very next scan of the battle is in issue 6. All the Celestials are gone and Galactus remains

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f123/leunames/Galactus/th_ti6.jpg

Given that G was front and center in issue 5, and is then almost in the Galactus Engine's mouth in issue 6, I don't think there's really any case to argue that the Celestials took the brunt of the attack. Arishem and the rest bounced, or some of the no name Celestials were destroyed. Galactus stayed. Unlike the Galactus Seed, the Galactus Engine was a good enough reason to stick around. In fact, Galactus is so alone in the conflict that medusa even throws the space cops into the battle to help

guy222
Should b a good explanation how the Celestials return in the X-Men

Eternal Idol
Should b a good explanation how the Celestials return in the X-Men

I wouldn't hold my breath, Guy. We'll all probably be left to assume the Celestials were either beaten by the Galactus Engine, or that they somehow convinced themselves that pissing off the X-Men took priority over helping to save the universe.

quanchi112
Yeah, I kinda have the feeling they will just show up somewhere while ignoring their involvement in TI altogether. The world we live in I tell ya.

Power Cosmic II
maybe, maybe not. Kieron Gillen is no fraction.

guy222
We will see

Question for my friends here

In the cosmic scheme, where do yall place the Celestials and Galactus

Power Cosmic II
We will see

scheme as in purpose? popularity? Power? evil face

Eternal Idol
We will see

The One Above All

The Living Tribunal

Eternity/Death/Galactus/Oblivion/Infinity

Celestials

Odin/Dormammu/Surtur/Ymir/Shuma Gorath

quanchi112
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
The One Above All

The Living Tribunal

Eternity/Death/Galactus/Oblivion/Infinity

Celestials

Odin/Dormammu/Surtur/Ymir/Shuma Gorath I can live with this. I do think a few Celestials would beat Galactus into the ground and feel their level of power can definitely best him in combat.

Eternal Idol
Originally posted by quanchi112
I can live with this. I do think a few Celestials would beat Galactus into the ground and feel their level of power can definitely best him in combat.
You are grossly underestimating Galactus' cosmic pimp hand.

Agree to disagree, I guess.

Slaanesh
i don't understand how people put Galactus anywhere near Eternity level of power..it has been shown that Galactus is nowhere near Eternity level of power..

guy222
Good list EI

TOAA(Fulcrum)
LT
Death/Eternity
Celestials
Galactus

guy222
Originally posted by Slaanesh
i don't understand how people put Galactus anywhere near Eternity level of power..it has been shown that Galactus is nowhere near Eternity level of power..

Usually ppl rely on SW and FF #257

Galactus is in now way close to Death or Eternity in power IMO

Galactus put up a brave fight vs the GE

Death's power was the end to the Cancerverse and GE

Scathan and Tiamut is why i place Celestials over Big G

No qualms if ppl have it the other way

Respecting ppl's opinions is thumb up

Colossus-Big C
Good list EI

TOAA(Fulcrum)
LT
Death/Eternity
Celestials
Galactus

What about infinity and oblivion why leave them out confused

Eternal Idol
Originally posted by Slaanesh
i don't understand how people put Galactus anywhere near Eternity level of power..it has been shown that Galactus is nowhere near Eternity level of power.. Originally posted by Eternal Idol
You are grossly underestimating Galactus' cosmic pimp hand.

Agree to disagree, I guess.

guy222
Easy

What has Oblivion done recently

He has the DOTM I believe

Infinity...he's at MCDs enjoying a Big Mac laughing out loud

At least, Eternity throws a good right hand

stick out tongue

Eternal Idol

I think the whole Cancerverse/Death thing is like the Superman/Kryptonite thing (exploitable weakness).

Power Cosmic II

actually now i remember the xmen are going to be messing around with tiamut soon. is apoc supposed to be in on that too

zopzop
I think the whole Cancerverse/Death thing is like the Superman/Kryptonite thing (exploitable weakness).

That would make sense if the attack Death unleashed in the Cancerverse didn't register off the scale while in 616 reality. Death >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Galactus.

quanchi112
Fine here's my list.

Lt
Eternity/Infinity/Death/Oblivion
Galactus/Abraxas
Celestials (standard not Scathan)
Odin/Surtur/Shuma Gorath/Zeus, etc.

guy222
to pc11

and that makes no sense

if proves my point before

writers write what they want and editors approve

according to the brothers who wrote the last eternals series, it was said arishem was jealous of tiamut and the host joined to put tiamut to sleep as tiamut said celestials cannot b destroyed

now, u have sinister messing with the dreamer and arishem and the celestials want to destroy the earth wtf

i doubt that buddy bout apoc warren/poccy just took possession of the celestial death seed from another dimension because he feared would've garnered the attention of the celestials yet tiamut was calling them laughing out loud

no one remembers what's written beforehand

Uriel005
God I pity Galactus... How far he has fallen... GOOD NIGHT SWEET PURPLE ARMORED PRINCE!!!!

guy222
Fine here's my list.

Lt
Eternity/Infinity/Death/Oblivion
Galactus/Abraxas
Celestials (standard not Scathan)
Odin/Surtur/Shuma Gorath/Zeus, etc.

Death's destruction of the Cancerverse/GE>Eternity's Mike Tyson's Right Hand laughing out loud

stick out tongue

guy222
Originally posted by Uriel005
God I pity Galactus... How far he has fallen... GOOD NIGHT SWEET PURPLE ARMORED PRINCE!!!!

its been said those at the top of marvel don't like galactus or the celestials

and that's a shame

quanchi112
Death's destruction of the Cancerverse/GE>Eternity's Mike Tyson's Right Hand laughing out loud

stick out tongue Thanos Imperative was a great tale. It was like what Fc should have been.

guy222
It was aight

Like the Celestials and Big G on a side together

Eternal Idol
That would make sense if the attack Death unleashed in the Cancerverse didn't register off the scale while in 616 reality. Death >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Galactus.
Maybe that's because it destroyed the wormhole the Cancerverse created into the 616 universe (by restoring death to the cancerverse).

Galactus is what keeps Eternity and Death in check. I think since the Galactus and death of the Cancerverse were destroyed, it left only their life (Eternity) to run amok. Death coming to the Cancerverse stabilized it. Nothing really to base this on; just the way I see it.

Slaanesh

i don't mind if Galactus fans think Galactus is above Celestials..i respect that..but equals to Eternity..that's just crazy..

quanchi112
What makes the Celestials more dangerous than Galactus is there is a lot of them. Their power is up there with Galactus' and I can see some saying they are more powerful/formidable. I can see a writer favoring Galactus and I can see a writer favoring a Celestial.

guy222
Maybe that's because it destroyed the wormhole the Cancerverse created into the 616 universe (by restoring death to the cancerverse).

Galactus is what keeps Eternity and Death in check. I think since the Galactus and death of the Cancerverse were destroyed, it left only their life (Eternity) to run amok. Death coming to the Cancerverse stabilized it. Nothing really to base this on; just the way I see it.

point well taken

imo, the whole galactus balancing death and eternity was great for the old storylines

have they mentioned it in years

guy222
What makes the Celestials more dangerous than Galactus is there is a lot of them. Their power is up there with Galactus' and I can see some saying they are more powerful/formidable. I can see a writer favoring Galactus and I can see a writer favoring a Celestial.

Always said too many Celestials for even Big G to handle

quanchi112
Always said too many Celestials for even Big G to handle Not if he presses the un. shifty

guy222
u nimcompoop

stick out tongue

Eternal Idol
Celestials should be a great big hyperspace buffet for Galactus.

quanchi112
u nimcompoop

stick out tongue You never sent me that link guy. Send it on kmc my pm box.

guy222
i will buddy

bout to call my gal and will send

sue 'killed' exitar with the hyperspace foolishness yet the 20,000 foot celestial showed up again in a splash page

wonder why galactus feared a confrontation with franklin richards

quanchi112
i will buddy

bout to call my gal and will send

sue 'killed' exitar with the hyperspace foolishness yet the 20,000 foot celestial showed up again in a splash page

wonder why galactus feared a confrontation with franklin richards K, thanks.

guy222
anything for u eternal friend

Colossus-Big C
Celestials should be a great big hyperspace buffet for Galactus. Lol? Franklin richard the god level reality warper can literally blink odin level beings out of exstance and he is celestial level, and your saying galactus is above that? Kubic who is a universe buster is less powerful than celestials. Small G was never shown to be anywhere near that powerful

guy222
exitar didn't stay dead for too long since he did appear in a page alive

he hasn't been since that

franklin is very very powerful

Colossus-Big C
exitar didn't stay dead for too long since he did appear in a page alive

he hasn't been since that

franklin is very very powerful How old are you guy?

Eternal Idol
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Lol? Franklin richard the god level reality warper can literally blink odin level beings out of exstance and he is celestial level, and your saying galactus is above that? Kubic who is a universe buster is less powerful than celestials. Small G was never shown to be anywhere near that powerful
You're gay for Colossus. It distorts your cognitive functions.

Colossus-Big C
You're gay for Colossus. It distorts your cognitive functions. your gay in real life

Power Cosmic II
Lol? Franklin richard the god level reality warper can literally blink odin level beings out of exstance and he is celestial level, and your saying galactus is above that? Kubic who is a universe buster is less powerful than celestials. Small G was never shown to be anywhere near that powerful

It sounds as if you're unaware of the fact that not only were franklin's powers alone insufficient to resurrect galactus from death, they were also burned out from doing so.

zopzop
It sounds as if you're unaware of the fact that not only were franklin's powers alone insufficient to resurrect galactus from death, they were also burned out from doing so.

Doesn't change the fact that Galactus still loses vs Arishem Happy Dance

guy222
How old are you guy?

b 44 on october 25th

Power Cosmic II
Doesn't change the fact that Galactus still loses vs Arishem Happy Dance

I can easily counter your scan with one of sue damaging exitar and then sue trying to attack galactus and it does nothing

Uriel005
It sounds as if you're unaware of the fact that not only were franklin's powers alone insufficient to resurrect galactus from death, they were also burned out from doing so. Originally posted by Power Cosmic II
I can easily counter your scan with one of sue damaging exitar and then sue trying to attack galactus and it does nothing

I agree with stating galactus should be above Celestials however I disagree with the idea that Franklin is Celestial level. I'd actually put him slightly higher... As he is now a young child whom by his own admission cannot handle the full extent of his powers can so casually create pocket universes and even resurrect Galactus despite the fact that he burned out doing so makes me think he can only become more powerful as time goes on and he gains control. Personally I think he'll surpass the Celestials as his feats as a child/teen are absurd as it stands.

guy222
his potential is amazing

TheLordofMurder
All contradictory (and old) showings aside, modern day Galactus is protrayed as being superior to Celestials...

Galactus wins...

Uriel005
his potential is amazing too much so.. he's going to be a broken ass character whos going to have to sideline himself/get sidelined by the higher ups i.e. LT and the like/die/be completely depowered

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Uriel005
too much so.. he's going to be a broken ass character whos going to have to sideline himself/get sidelined by the higher ups i.e. LT and the like/die/be completely depowered

thumb up

Power Cosmic II
his potential is amazing Originally posted by Uriel005
too much so.. he's going to be a broken ass character whos going to have to sideline himself/get sidelined by the higher ups i.e. LT and the like/die/be completely depowered

We saw an adult franklin of sorts in psi-lord, who imo wasn't that impressive, but it's true they'll have to confront franklin's powers at some point in the future. Hickman already planted the seed of this story with galactus telling reed that they have to have words about franklin but that's been put on hold for at least several months.

The problem with potential though is it doesn't always get fully explored. Hyperstorm in theory should surpass franklin's potential but that was never fully explored either.

Uriel005
We saw an adult franklin of sorts in psi-lord, who imo wasn't that impressive, but it's true they'll have to confront franklin's powers at some point in the future. Hickman already planted the seed of this story with galactus telling reed that they have to have words about franklin but that's been put on hold for at least several months.

The problem with potential though is it doesn't always get fully explored. Hyperstorm in theory should surpass franklin's potential but that was never fully explored either. my point is that his current ability surpasses a lot of what I've expected him to do as an adult. Like I said before in Onslaught w/Franklin Richard powers vs. Jaspers. Even Jim gets a little phased when doing something big. Franklin does things like creating a universe on an unconscious thought.

Colossus-Big C
So odin would do much better against a celestial than he did against galactus then , maybe even kill one

guy222

The problem with potential though is it doesn't always get fully explored. Hyperstorm in theory should surpass franklin's potential but that was never fully explored either.

waiting for hickman to expound on galactus fearing a confrontation with franklin

remember franklin was also the avatar

hyperstorm was a letdown

guy222
So odin would do much better against a celestial than he did against galactus then , maybe even kill one

hell no

asgardians are nothing to the celestials

thor #300 proved that

thor #387-389....thor was an ant to arishem and exitar

zopzop
hell no

thor #300 proved that

And if anyone says : But that was decades ago, things change; that fight was confirmed in Incredible Hercules 117 (JULY 2008).

Arishem crushes Galactus.

Power Cosmic II
And if anyone says : But that was decades ago, things change; that fight was confirmed in Incredible Hercules 117 (JULY 2008).

Arishem crushes Galactus.

No evidence to support that. Don't proffer that skyfather scan because the same tactic can be used with sue storm. in direct struggle against a common foe G outperformed arishem, that's as canon as you're going to get right now in terms of a straight fight between the 2. And since someone (wonder who) once argued that fights>feats...well then.

zopzop
No evidence to support that. Don't proffer that skyfather scan because the same tactic can be used with sue storm. in direct struggle against a common foe G outperformed arishem, that's as canon as you're going to get right now in terms of a straight fight between the 2. And since someone (wonder who) once argued that fights>feats...well then.

We don't know what happened to the Celestials or Teneberous during the TI arc, so speculating on that is pointless. We DO know how Galactus had his hands full with Odin while Arishem casually brushed off three elite skyfathers and threaten to cut off their realms from Earth.

And you really want to bring up humiliating losses? Because Galactus has them in spades, the Celestials only have that one Sue Storm incident.

Power Cosmic II
We don't know what happened to the Celestials or Teneberous during the TI arc, so speculating on that is pointless. We DO know how Galactus had his hands full with Odin while Arishem casually brushed off three elite skyfathers and threaten to cut off their realms from Earth.

And you really want to bring up humiliating losses? Because Galactus has them in spades, the Celestials only have that one Sue Storm incident.

No one is speculating. They either fled or were overpowered, that's a fact. And it really doesn't matter whether they fled to fight another day or they were overpowered. The point is that the Galactus Engine caused 4 of the 5 to withdraw/be eliminated from the battlefield. So we DO know that Galactus clearly was the last one remaining form a force of 5 that included 4 Celestials, 1 of whom was arishem. You cannot, under any sense of logic, dismiss that as inconclusive just because you don't like what it implies and it undermines your position. 5 attacked. "And then there was 1."

Yes and Galactus was threatening to blow up Asgard with literally a raised fist, what is your point?

Galactus had his hands full in TP. Then he stood there while Odin took himself out of the fight. I hardly call that reason for celebrating as Galactus literally did what ziran did when the destroyer cut off his arm. He reformed.

Who said anything about low showings? Already in a defensive mentality are you? I brought up sue storm since that's the exact logic you're using concerning the skyfathers. Party A attacks party B. Party A attacks party C. You label it as a low showing because i supplied evidence that uses your exact logic, except you don't like the implications of that logic.

And you really don't yet understand that while Galactus has far more showings than the Celestials, most of his low showings are attributable to his hunger. Deal with it. He's not hungry in this battle. And let me know when you stop and think about the other side of the coin. Tell me what Arishem has done on his own. Who has he fought on Galactus' level?

guy222
The Celestials have returned

Whether they fled or 'destroyed' lends credence to Tiamut's words that Celestials cannot b destroyed and that's awesome

Marvel tends to portray Galactus as his hunger wanes he's less powerful, yet they job him alot. I b the first to admit Celestials have been jobbed as well with the whole Richards chasing alternate Celestials away with a raygun yet in 616 continuity Richards did **** when Tiamut put his ass and Earth to sleep

For a comparsion between Galactus and Arishem is Fraction's nonsense and Thor #300

The Celestials are enigmas and the mystery is the legend which has keep them around for years

Remember, Kirby made them more powerful than Galactus and the Watchers

IMO, u can't get any better when I say preference is the key in deciding who u like or want to win between the two

zopzop
No one is speculating. They either fled or were overpowered, that's a fact. And it really doesn't matter whether they fled to fight another day or they were overpowered. The point is that the Galactus Engine caused 4 of the 5 to withdraw/be eliminated from the battlefield. So we DO know that Galactus clearly was the last one remaining form a force of 5 that included 4 Celestials, 1 of whom was arishem. You cannot, under any sense of logic, dismiss that as inconclusive just because you don't like what it implies and it undermines your position. 5 attacked. "And then there was 1."

Yes and Galactus was threatening to blow up Asgard with literally a raised fist, what is your point?

Galactus had his hands full in TP. Then he stood there while Odin took himself out of the fight. I hardly call that reason for celebrating as Galactus literally did what ziran did when the destroyer cut off his arm. He reformed.

Who said anything about low showings? Already in a defensive mentality are you? I brought up sue storm since that's the exact logic you're using concerning the skyfathers. Party A attacks party B. Party A attacks party C. You label it as a low showing because i supplied evidence that uses your exact logic, except you don't like the implications of that logic.

And you really don't yet understand that while Galactus has far more showings than the Celestials, most of his low showings are attributable to his hunger. Deal with it. He's not hungry in this battle. And let me know when you stop and think about the other side of the coin. Tell me what Arishem has done on his own. Who has he fought on Galactus' level?

Galactus was shattered in his battle with Odin but put himself back together, Arishem was UNFAZED by the combined might of three skyfathers. See the difference?

Notice how Galactus didn't press his attack once Odin with the Destroyer showed up. A Destroyer with Odin and ALL Asgard wielding the Odinsword couldn't do jack to a Celestial, even after unleashing the Destroyer's "ultimate attack", it was CASUALLY deflected by a raised hand.

And who is getting defensive? That low showing of : exploiting a specific weakness to get INSIDE a Celestial then using the same exploit to knock out it's "nerve center" is so rare how many times has it happened? Like Tiamut said, you can't permanently kill a Celestial, unlike Galactus that had to have his @$$ rezzed by Franklin and Valeria. If you want to start using that Sue Storm fiasco as a cudgel against the Celestials, I can post scan after scan of Galactus humiliation. Trust me, you'd lose that battle.

Power Cosmic II
Galactus was shattered in his battle with Odin but put himself back together, Arishem was UNFAZED by the combined might of three skyfathers. See the difference?

Notice how Galactus didn't press his attack once Odin with the Destroyer showed up. A Destroyer with Odin and ALL Asgard wielding the Odinsword couldn't do jack to a Celestial, even after unleashing the Destroyer's "ultimate attack", it was CASUALLY deflected by a raised hand.

And who is getting defensive? That low showing of : exploiting a specific weakness to get INSIDE a Celestial then using the same exploit to knock out it's "nerve center" is so rare how many times has it happened? Like Tiamut said, you can't permanently kill a Celestial, unlike Galactus that had to have his @$$ rezzed by Franklin and Valeria. If you want to start using that Sue Storm fiasco as a cudgel against the Celestials, I can post scan after scan of Galactus humiliation. Trust me, you'd lose that battle.

Dude, get this through your head. Sue storm attacked exitar and her attack worked. Sue storm attacked Galactus and it didn't do anything. I don't care whether you lose sleep because you label it a low showing or whatever, the point is that you can pick scans that show celestials being unaffected by the same party that attacks galactus, while i can show galactus being unfazed by the same party that made exitar shatter. Do you understand? I can use the same logic which is my entire point in that your comparisons are secondary when Galactus and arishem were directly compared against a common foe.

Tiamut is also the equal of the fulcrum, yet the x-men are going to mess around with him in an upcoming arc. Tiamut also seems to be unaware of Knowhere, so the writings of one person are contradicted by the writings of another.

Please don't bore the forum with your vendetta against G. When you throw up scans of his low showings when he's not hungry, good for you, maybe you'll get a cookie from some other odin fan. Until then, you just tend to back the losing side in these debates. Didn't you make some sig bet with someone?

Galan007
To be fair, the only reason Sue's attacks worked on Exitar is because her powers are derived from Hyperspace--and apparently, Hyperspace energies are the equivalent of Celestial Kryptonite.

That 'weakness' doesn't apply to the Arishem/Galactus fight at hand, whatsoever.

Power Cosmic II

Galactus didn't press the attack because the Seed was gone. Since you obviously contest that, tell me why Galactus would destroy Asgard out of spite? When has he EVER destroyed or persecuted an enemy when his primary objective was no longer attainable? Are you going to to continue to misinterpret the story to see it as you want? how many interpretations did you make in issue 5 that issue 6 proved false

guy222
DnA never said what happened to Knowhere

Another dropping of the ball

Eternal Idol
your gay in real life

It's always a good idea to finish your sentences.

I don't have a gay, but if I did, I'd certainly keep it away from you, you giant faerie.

barksfu

Galactus can feed off hyperspace energy. Arishem is made of hyperspace energy.

The pimp hand is strong. Celestials know fear.

Galactus ftw.

Power Cosmic II
Originally posted by Galan007
To be fair, the only reason Sue's attacks worked on Exitar is because her powers are derived from Hyperspace--and apparently, Hyperspace energies are the equivalent of Celestial Kryptonite.

That 'weakness' doesn't apply to the Arishem/Galactus fight at hand, whatsoever.

Galactus absorbs hyperspace energy, so yes I could easily argue that it does apply.

quanchi112
Galactus absorbs hyperspace energy, so yes I could easily argue that it does apply. thumb up

guy222
Too bad the hyperspace foolishness hasn't been babbled about again

stick out tongue

It's a nice debate as was the other times, I was involved with Utrigita and Tenebrous(PC11)

I have no qualms with anyone favoring Big G. I imagine my views as the Celestials are above Big G are respected as well

ozz81
sorry excuse my ignorance has galactus ever been at full power and hence consumed an entire planet?

Power Cosmic II
Too bad the hyperspace foolishness hasn't been babbled about again

stick out tongue

It's a nice debate as was the other times, I was involved with Utrigita and Tenebrous(PC11)

I have no qualms with anyone favoring Big G. I imagine my views as the Celestials are above Big G are respected as well

the hyperspace foolishness is akin to other foolishness that has happened (rulk punching out uatu, thanos getting arrested, black panther arm-bar, etc.) yet, it's there.

Power Cosmic II
sorry excuse my ignorance has galactus ever been at full power and hence consumed an entire planet?

whenever he consumes he always consumes an entire planet. "Full power" is a status often alluded to but never fully shown. He was getting ready to consume Taa II, which is his home and it is as large as a solar system, to fight the Beyonder. That Galactus would have been the most powerful yet seen.

the Darkone
whenever he consumes he always consumes an entire planet. "Full power" is a status often alluded to but never fully shown. He was getting ready to consume Taa II, which is his home and it is as large as a solar system, to fight the Beyonder. That Galactus would have been the most powerful yet seen.

The close would see a FP Galactus would be the Black arc Galactus granted he was tampered with, but still you get an idea how powerful he can become.

ozz81
But also is this true the celestials are a byo product of eternities meditation? So galactus and celestials will be on par or equal to each other??

zopzop
Galactus didn't press the attack because the Seed was gone. Since you obviously contest that, tell me why Galactus would destroy Asgard out of spite? When has he EVER destroyed or persecuted an enemy when his primary objective was no longer attainable? Are you going to to continue to misinterpret the story to see it as you want? how many interpretations did you make in issue 5 that issue 6 proved false

Misinterpret what? Odin wasn't KOed he willingly entered into the Destroyer Armor because he couldn't maintain the stalemate with Galactus.

I was only wrong about the fact that he could have continued indefinitely against Galactus, that's it. Galactus was forced into a truce with Asgard after all the crap he went through, humiliated............AGAIN.

zopzop
Dude, get this through your head. Sue storm attacked exitar and her attack worked. Sue storm attacked Galactus and it didn't do anything.

Sue exploited a weakness and used her hyperspace constructs to strike a vital area INSIDE the Celestial. HTF is Galactus going to repeat this act?

laughing
You can make an entire "Disrespect Thread" dedicated to this tool.

zopzop
But also is this true the celestials are a byo product of eternities meditation? So galactus and celestials will be on par or equal to each other??

No this is wrong. They are servants of the Fulcrum (The One Above All).

guy222
thumb up

bbrem123
full powered galactus wins

guy222
does a full powered big g exist?

Power Cosmic II
Misinterpret what? Odin wasn't KOed he willingly entered into the Destroyer Armor because he couldn't maintain the stalemate with Galactus.

I was only wrong about the fact that he could have continued indefinitely against Galactus, that's it. Galactus was forced into a truce with Asgard after all the crap he went through, humiliated............AGAIN.

Humiliated because loki threw it back into the world tree? Your vendetta is pathetic. Odin must be on the verge of committing suicide if G is humiliated. After all, Thor injured himself in some mysterious fashion, Odin coveted the seed and was ready to risk all out war, AND managed to knock himself out...only for loki to just throw the thing back in.

Yes. Loki FORCES people into doing things they don't want. laughing

Power Cosmic II

Sue exploited a weakness and used her hyperspace constructs to strike a vital area INSIDE the Celestial. HTF is Galactus going to repeat this act?

laughing
You can make an entire "Disrespect Thread" dedicated to this tool.

laughing laughing laughing You don't have ANYTHING to come back at me with except for scans of him falling. Come back with Arishem doing anything aside from standing there with his thumb up or down.

Go and make the disrespect thread dude, until then you're just talking shit. You mad because you backed the loser, and now you can't do anything except throw up scans that have nothing to do with the thread in question. LOL. Sad. Galactus is a tool, cool whatever makes you feel better, this is truly pathetic

bbrem123
does a full powered big g exist?

nope...but im gonna pick him anyway! lol

Power Cosmic II

there is no "weakness" which is a falsity that's been propagated around these forums. No where at all in any of those pages of sue taking down exitar is it even remotely suggested that hyperspace is his weakness. Quite the opposite in fact since it's proposed that it's their home dimension.

Sue destroyed exitar from the inside out, exactly. Sue manipulates hyperspace, how do you think she destroyed exitar from the inside out? What can she possibly be manipulating that would destroy exitar's nerve center and explode exitar from the inside out?

Power Cosmic II
Originally posted by the Darkone
The close would see a FP Galactus would be the Black arc Galactus granted he was tampered with, but still you get an idea how powerful he can become.

the most dangerous Galactus was the one from the MC2 universe that required the living tribunal to act against him with other cosmic entities

Galan007
Galactus absorbs hyperspace energy, so yes I could easily argue that it does apply. That doesn't mean he can generate hyperspace energy, though. That's like saying G could absorb Meph's realm then all of the sudden start generating magical attacks. It doesn't work that way. srsly

there is no "weakness" which is a falsity that's been propagated around these forums. No where at all in any of those pages of sue taking down exitar is it even remotely suggested that hyperspace is his weakness. Quite the opposite in fact since it's proposed that it's their home dimension Quite incorrect. I suggest you read that issue again.

Colossus-Big C
hell no

thor #300 proved that

thor #387-389....thor was an ant to arishem and exitar But yet galactus didnt fair anywhere as good as the celestials

Arishem shit stomps 10/10

guy222
the most dangerous Galactus was the one from the MC2 universe that required the living tribunal to act against him with other cosmic entities

that's mc2 silly

they don't count

stick out tongue

silver shinning galactus ftw

ahmazing
Read the OP. This is full-power i.e. fully-fed Galactus. Spite thread. Galactus stomps under these circumstances.

john allerdyce
there is no "weakness" which is a falsity that's been propagated around these forums. No where at all in any of those pages of sue taking down exitar is it even remotely suggested that hyperspace is his weakness. Quite the opposite in fact since it's proposed that it's their home dimension.

Sue destroyed exitar from the inside out, exactly. Sue manipulates hyperspace, how do you think she destroyed exitar from the inside out? What can she possibly be manipulating that would destroy exitar's nerve center and explode exitar from the inside out? lol my friend, sue's power stemming from hyperspace is the only reason her attacks worked:

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/4905/ff40022.th.jpg

psycho gundam

laughing
You can make an entire "Disrespect Thread" dedicated to this tool. i can't wait till ODG sees that shocklaugh

you're in trouble

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.