JSA vs. Avengers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JakeTheBank
Alan Scott (pre-massive Starheart amp)
Jay Garrick
Hawkman
Wildcat

vs.

Thor
Iron Man
Captain America
Hawkeye

Random encounter, neutral setting, no prep.

zopzop
Wow, Team 2 possibly stomps.

JakeTheBank
Stomp? I doubt it.

Cogito
It's no stomp, but I would give it to team 2.

Alan and Thor are fairly comparable, but I'd give IM the edge over Hawkman and the non-fliers are pretty much irrelevant once the big boys take to the air. Jay could take Cap and Hawkeye pretty easily though.

srankmissingnin
Thor tips the scale to far in favor of the Avengers.

JakeTheBank
Thor and Alan prior to his "The Dark Things/JLA & JSA crossover" amp roughly counter each other out, imo. Thor's got his energy manipulation/absorbing feats, but Alan doesn't have a typical GL's recharging limitation and his upper limits are pretty high end.

nimbus006
I'm actually leaning towards Team 1 here.

Jay tips the scale, IMO.

It's close though.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Thor and Alan prior to his "The Dark Things/JLA & JSA crossover" amp roughly counter each other out, imo. Thor's got his energy manipulation/absorbing feats, but Alan doesn't have a typical GL's recharging limitation and his upper limits are pretty high end.

I don't know man. Alan had a hell of a time with Scythe, and that guy was just a standard high strength, high durability brick.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I don't know man. Alan had a hell of a time with Scythe, and that guy was just a standard high strength, high durability brick.

Alan then came back around and pretty much obliterated him.

It's a running theme with JSA arcs; Alan usually gets slapped around and taken out, then he comes back and begins wrecking crap. As that Alan had tamed a portion of the Starheart greater than ever, he was already safely beyond his "Sentinel" power levels, so Scythe beating him, as weird as it seemed, wasn't really a bad showing.

srankmissingnin
Alan then came back around and pretty much obliterated him.

It's a running theme with JSA arcs; Alan usually gets slapped around and taken out, then he comes back and begins wrecking crap. As that Alan had tamed a portion of the Starheart greater than ever, he was already safely beyond his "Sentinel" power levels, so Scythe beating him, as weird as it seemed, wasn't really a bad showing.

Yeah that did happen in JSA a lot. lol

Galan007
Alan and Thor are rough equals, imo. And I see no reason why Jay couldn't solo everyone on team 2 but Thor.

Jay + Alan vs. Thor, really makes me want to give the nod to team 1. ermm

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Galan007
Alan and Thor are rough equals, imo. And I see no reason why Jay couldn't solo everyone on team 2 but Thor.

Exactly. I'm glad Jake said pre amp starheart, because that version would crush Thor, IMO.

Any top GL can give Thor fits, IMO. Depending on how they use their power.

aztec
I give the majority to the JSA. Jay will blitz Iron Man, Captain America and Hawkeye, unless of course he trips. Anyway, Alan will stalemate or defeat Thor with the help of Hawkman. Carter can distract Thor long enough for Alan to punch his face.

Honestly, I don't get the Thor wanking, but that's just me. roll eyes (sarcastic)

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by aztec
I give the majority to the JSA. Jay will blitz Iron Man, Captain America and Hawkeye, unless of course he trips. Anyway, Alan will stalemate or defeat Thor with the help of Hawkman. Carter can distract Thor long enough for Alan to punch his face.

Honestly, I don't get the Thor wanking, but that's just me. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Who's wanking Thor? General consensus seems to be Alan and Thor being equals.

aztec
Originally posted by Galan007

That's exactly what I was thinking, add in Hawkman and team one takes the majority. Although, Carter isn't on par with any of them he'd be pretty decent back up. He'll distract Thor long enough, which will benefit Alan.

aztec
Who's wanking Thor? General consensus seems to be Alan and Thor being equals.

I read the first three post, which said team two stops.. I was like wtf..
Anyway, Thor in general gets wank a-lot. That's just my opinion.

Mini Bennett
Thor and Green Lantern go at it in the air and neither of them are able to budge. Same goes for Iron Man and Hawkman. Flash takes out Cap and Clint before Wildcat even knows he's in a fight. Iron Man, despite likely being able to beat Hawkman after a long hard fight, still hasn't managed to put him down yet. Jay then runs in and speed-blitzes the hell out of Tony.

This of course leaves Thor all alone. Thor would stomp any of the other JSA members, but with a Green Lantern member there he gets overwhelmed by the numbers.

JSA wins without too much trouble.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.