The Gorgon VS Quicksilver

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wildernesss
The Gorgon VS Quicksilver

No prep. no bfr. Gorgon has his standard gear. fight is on Utopia.

who wins?

Bentley
QS beheads the sucker.

Lord Feron
Grgon did chop off both hands of a speedster before but i don't think she was as fast as QS. Also stone stare should work.

Trackz
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Grgon did chop off both hands of a speedster before but i don't think she was as fast as QS. Also stone stare should work. she was an amateur though, she jumped in the air and gave up her speed advantage.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Trackz
she was an amateur though, she jumped in the air and gave up her speed advantage.

you could interpret that way, was there any evidence that said she lost speed?

i don't know the characters well enough, but you are probably right about her being a amatuer.

Bentley
Well, unless she jumps in the air she can no longer increase her speed after jumping, just flail her hands and stuff like that.

QS in the other hand can walk in the air...

Ize19
Originally posted by Trackz
she was an amateur though, she jumped in the air and gave up her speed advantage.

While that's somewhat true, don't forget, she did build up speed before the jump, not only that, but the real impressive part wasn't that he hit her inidair, but that his sword strike was too fast for her to react to. She even exclaimed in surprise "Impossible! No one's that fast!" So, it's still a legitimate feat, though I don't think she's anywhere near Quicksilver.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Ize19
I don't think she's anywhere near Quicksilver. Good instinct. thumb up

Mindset
QS kills Gorgon before Gorgon realizes the fight started.

Ize19
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Good instinct. thumb up

Yeah, and just to elaborate on it, I was just clairfying what the feat showed, not saying that Gorgon wins because of it. If Gorgon wins, it'll probably be because of telepathy, although I don't know enough about current Quicksilver to say if that has a shot or not, otherwise I don't see him having the speed to pull it off.

Bentley
Telepathy didn't help Mr. X.

vansonbee
Originally posted by Bentley
Telepathy didn't help Mr. X. Mr. X lacks Gorgon instincts XD

OneDumbG0
^ They both kicked the sh1t out of Wolverine. Should count for something, right?

vansonbee
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ They both kicked the sh1t out of Wolverine. Should count for something, right? Wolverine did kill Northstar...

Aries_04
Gorgon

Sin I AM
Originally posted by vansonbee
Wolverine did kill Northstar...

northstar was mid controlled at the time

Silent Master
Originally posted by Aries_04
Gorgon

Gets beat down almost as badly as Mr X did.

Aries_04
Originally posted by Silent Master
Gets beat down almost as badly as Mr X did.

Gorgon is on a whole other level than Mr. X. You're wrong

Silent Master
Gorgon is on a whole other level than Mr. X. You're wrong

Which is why I said "almost" rather than "just".

Trackz

i don't know the characters well enough, but you are probably right about her being a amatuer. I mean as soon as you jump your trajectory is set, all it requires is Gorgon to strike.

Aries_04
Which is why I said "almost" rather than "just".

Gorgon sons speedsters. Chops three bullets in half at one time, and often stabs people before they know they've been cut......he wins this. QS sucks anyway.

Silent Master
Gorgon sons speedsters. Chops three bullets in half at one time, and often stabs people before they know they've been cut......he wins this. QS sucks anyway.

Gorgon might son low level speedsters, but QS is way too fast for him.

OneDumbG0
^ thumb up Originally posted by vansonbee
Wolverine did kill Northstar... Ambush.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Current Quicksilver circles the globe and shit pretty easily. If Gorgon doesn't catch him by surprise or something, Quicksilver will give him the Mr. X treatment.

JakeTheBank
Pietro beats him.

0mega Spawn

i don't know the characters well enough, but you are probably right about her being a amatuer.
Sorry for the bump
But she'd have to slow down so she could land on her target or she would fly past him

Khazra Reborn
Gorgon's reflexes should be more than fast enough to react to Pietro, plus he can take considerably more damage, probably to the point that Pietro will get tired and mess up, then one shot from Grasscutter and it's over.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Gorgon's reflexes should be more than fast enough to react to Pietro, plus he can take considerably more damage, probably to the point that Pietro will get tired and mess up, then one shot from Grasscutter and it's over.

Why should Gorgon's reflexes be fast enough to react to QS?

Khazra Reborn
He beyond easily took out Sling Shot, who I know isn't as fast as Pietro but the level of ease in which he did was almost astounding. Plus he also cut three bullets in half fired at close range. And he's a telepath that always helps.

Silent Master
He beyond easily took out Sling Shot, who I know isn't as fast as Pietro but the level of ease in which he did was almost astounding. Plus he also cut three bullets in half fired at close range. And he's a telepath that always helps.

Slingshot isn't even close to QS's speed, neither are bullets.

Khazra Reborn
I know, and neither came even close to testing Gorgon's reactionary speeds.

Silent Master
I know, and neither came even close to testing Gorgon's reactionary speeds.

So again, Why should Gorgon's reflexes be fast enough to react to QS?

iceman24567
QS and its not even a fight tbh

Silent Master
Exactly, QS has been able to run halfway around the world in 92 seconds...that is far, far, far faster than bullet speed or people like Slingshot.

pym-ftw
Qs in mighty avengers ran halfway across asia and back in mid sentence and had he not had been covered in leaves no one would have noticed him move...

Qs is @ or near lightspeed. He stomps Gorgon.

Silent Master
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Qs in mighty avengers ran halfway across asia and back in mid sentence and had he not had been covered in leaves no one would have noticed him move...

Qs is @ or near lightspeed. He stomps Gorgon.

But Gorgon was able to cut bullets in half, surely that puts his reactions at Flash++++ level sick

pym-ftw
laughing out loud

Warlord
QS

DarkSaint85
QS murders him.

Gorgon then registers that the bell has rung.

StiltmanFTW
Gorgon is not Mr X. He takes out the speed boy.

Bentley
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Gorgon is not Mr X. He takes out the speed boy.

First sentence is right. Second sentence is wrong.

Last time I checked QS was still faster than Daredevil shifty

StiltmanFTW
Bendispower DD is faster than all Flashes combined, too uhuh

DarkSaint85
The fight takes place at a distance.

Khazra Reborn
The starting distance does help, if Pietro has some room to gain speed then his chances of blitzing are better. But up close, I just don't really see it. Beating up Mr. X doesn't mean he can do anything to Gorgon, who has easily taken continuous damage from Wolverine's claws and Stonewall (who one shot Ares mind you), I'm seeing some nice running feats, but I don't think QS has potent enough combat speed to put him completely over someone like Gorgon or Spider Man like you guys are suggesting.

Silent Master
The starting distance doesn't help, because even if QS needed a lot of room to build speed(he doesn't), he just has to back up until there is enough distance before attacking.

Bentley
The starting distance does help, if Pietro has some room to gain speed then his chances of blitzing are better. But up close, I just don't really see it. Beating up Mr. X doesn't mean he can do anything to Gorgon, who has easily taken continuous damage from Wolverine's claws and Stonewall (who one shot Ares mind you), I'm seeing some nice running feats, but I don't think QS has potent enough combat speed to put him completely over someone like Gorgon or Spider Man like you guys are suggesting.

If you're willing to admit QS is fast enough to deal with Gorgon but not strong enough, then I see Gorgon getting impaled by his own sword.

Khazra Reborn
Possible, but not likely. Firstly, QS isn't strong enough to tear Grasscutter from Gorgon's grasp, nor is he strong enough to manipulate Gorgon's limbs against his will. Once again, like I said before Gorgon is a telepath, he's going to know what QS does before he even attemps it.

Even if on the off chance QS did pull one of those two things off somehow, Gorgon did survive a shot from Grasscutter, so even that isn't guaranteed to get Pietro the win.

Plus, we aren't even considering Gorgon's auto win option, his stone gaze.

Silent Master
QS doesn't need the sword, he can pick up a rock or piece of debris.

Khazra Reborn
And what good is that going to do him?

Silent Master
Last I checked, Gorgon has zero feats to suggest that he can tank a rock/debris hitting him at 100+ Mach.

DarkSaint85
Last I checked, Gorgon has zero feats to suggest that he can tank a rock/debris hitting him at 100+ Mach.

Multiple rocks/debris.

Gorgon is a bullet timer, sure. But he wouldn't be able to react to QS.

Khazra Reborn
Gorgon is more than a bullet timer, bullets are basically slo mo to him. He can move so quickly that Wolverine and Elektra couldn't even see him.

Sure he does, he walked through multiple hits from a guy who one shot Ares. And lol'd at a rocket propelled Wolverine blind siding him right out of a sky scraper window straight on to his head. His damage soak and HF is pretty bannannas.

But let's be real here Quicksilver has some fine running feats and stuff, but he gets tagged by people a lot slower than Gorgon all the time. What makes you guys think that this is going to be such a stomp?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.