++Good Anime??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cool_ghost
Okay, when I was a kid I watched yu yu hakasho (I probably butchered the name), Ruroini Kenshin, Dragon Ball Z, and have already watched Naruto and Bleach to as far as I can. Im just trying to find other anime to watch that suit my likings.

Are there any anime that:

1. Are fairly long

2. Are a battle anime (ex: bleach, naruto, that have a lot of fighting)

3. Have blood and gore (the less childish the better)

4. Have an in depth story line

5. The least p.i.s and fillers as possible.

Also, if they have transformations (ex: ssj, banki, etc.) That would be best.

One of my friends recommended hellsing to me, can anyone let me know if its worth it to watch?

boobsmagee
I don't know of many long running series besides the big ones: dbz, one piece, bleach, naruto, and fist of the north star.

An amazing series that meets your qualifications is Berserk. Awesome fight scenes, gore, story, and characters
If you have not seen it I definitely recommend it I rank it in my top 10
If you read manga I would read berserk instead.

FinalAnswer
The Hellsing OVA is a pretty good one. Storyline isn't exactly the best in anime, but I find the characters and setting to very interesting, and it certainly is unique. It also has no fillers.

I should also note it has one of the best english dubs I've ever heard.

cool_ghost
Alright im defnititely going to check out hellsing, and i actually remember my friend saying something about beserk, ill check that out too

Q99
You got most of the super-long 100+ ep fighting series already, those are pretty rare. And normally don't get super-gorey.

Hm, Flame of Recca and Getbackers are both pretty good and in the 40-50 ep range. I've only seen their manga, but those're pretty sweet. Violence level is a bit higher than Kenshin (like in Getbackers, whenever Doctor Jackal shows up and starts slicing people up. Recca has something of a body count too).

*Edit* Oh yea, and Saint Seiya! It's the first big mystical-powered fighting manga/anime, before DBZ. 114 episodes, though I think the last arc might not've been released. Sub only, as the dub removed some of the blood and such.

Samurai100
Just make sure to watch the Hellsing OVA instead of just Hellsing

cool_ghost
there are only 8 episodes to hellsing ova?

Samurai100
So far, but they're all aroundabout 50 minutes long

menokokoro
Originally posted by Samurai100
So far, but they're all aroundabout 50 minutes long and they follow the manga, unlike the original series.

I recomend FMA: Brotherhood. It is childish at times, but the fight scenes are amazing, and the story is great. It is about 50 epp. long I believe.

Q99
The original series isn't bad either.

I recommend *both* Full Metal Alchemists. The first one expands the early stuff significantly (Brotherhood assumes you've either seen it or the manga and fast-forwards), and takes the plot in one direction with a more personal bent, developing some villains more and doing some stuff different. The second one is more epic, following the manga's plot.

Nephthys
Yes, watch both. Both are really great.

menokokoro
I really loved the original fma, then I watched brotherhood, and it put such a huge shadow over the original (for me) that I can't even consider it good anymore sad kind of makes me sad...I should watch it again, see if I still like it.

Q99
Pros and cons. If you want epic, you'll get that, but I liked the first one's more personal story and more development to some of the villains.

It's not one of those series where they did a last-minute wrap up that isn't very good (like Claymore had). They diverged with a lot of room to go and planned their new story way ahead, and altered some basic elements between the two so that both would work independently and watching one wouldn't spoil the other.

menokokoro
Originally posted by Q99
Pros and cons. If you want epic, you'll get that, but I liked the first one's more personal story and more development to some of the villains.

It's not one of those series where they did a last-minute wrap up that isn't very good (like Claymore had). They diverged with a lot of room to go and planned their new story way ahead, and altered some basic elements between the two so that both would work independently and watching one wouldn't spoil the other. all the way to the movie...which was stupid.

cool_ghost
So far I plan to watch hellsing OVA, both full metal alchemists, and im going to check out berserk.

Has anyone seen or know anything about basilisk? My friend said that was good too

menokokoro
Berzerk is amazing, don't let the animation fool you, it is, indeed, amazing. Though you just might smash your t.v./computer, or whatever you are watching it on, after you finish the series. That's when you pick up the manga smile

Q99
Originally posted by menokokoro
all the way to the movie...which was stupid.

Oh yea, you can skip that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.