Dirty arm wrestling competition!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
How many people here remember that god awful Sly Stallone film called Over the Top that was about an arm wrestling truck driver?

Well, this is an arm wrestling competion.

HOWEVER!!!!!!! This is a DIRTY arm wrestling competition. All arm wrestlers will wrestle dirty. This means:

While locked in an arm wrestling match with one set of hands, the remaining free hands can be used to distract/hurt their opponent in any way a la punching, eye gouching, martial arts, brutal strikes, etc.

This is a combination of physical strength and mental agility.

The remaining free hand can NOT be used to help the hand locked in the arm wrestling match, nor can it be used on the opponents locked hand or arm.

Instant death moves can be used, but only if you think that they can connect and not be blocked.

The contestants:

John McClane (Willis from DH series)
Martin Riggs (Mel from Lethal Weapon series)
Jason Bourne (Damon from The Bourne series)
Rocky Balboa (Sly from Rocky series)
Dutch Schaefer (Arnie from Predator)
Frank Dux (Van Damme from Bloodsport)
Frank Castle (Ray Stevenson from Punisher: War Zone)
Danny the Dog (Jet Li from Unleashed)
Bruce Wayne (Bale from his Batman series)
Dalton (Swayze from Road House)

All contestants will fight with their respective styles and strength to win. Dirty.

Single elimination.

Who wins?

Psychotron
Dutch and Kingpin seem to the strongest but Rocky's got the most stamina and will power. On the other hand, John McClane is probably the dirtiest fighter here. I have no idea who'd win.

Impediment
I erased Kingpin. He seemed useless to me, and I wanted 10 fighters max.

the ninjak
Can they kill?

Bourne, Bruce, Riggs, Castle, Danny and definitely Dalton go for the throat strikes.

Frank Dux can use the Dim Mak and destroy anyone in front of him. If it hits.

I don't see McClane having a good chance.

dadudemon
Frank Castle wins, easily due to his movie feat of punching.

He punched that one dude so hard in the face that it caved his face in.

No other person on the list can do that with just a single punch.

I say the Danny the Dog comes in second, but it's not that close.

ares834
Dutch. The rest are pushing to many pencils.

steverules_2
Whichever one RJ would pick

Placidity
Originally posted by ares834
Dutch. The rest are pushing to many pencils.

Haha, was definitely thinking that.

Here's the epic scene:

oQxfbQ8WuI0

the ninjak
Dutch definitely wins in the actual arm wrestling dept.

But will he do it before getting messed up?

Robtard
Hard to say; need to crunch some numbers, I have a few who clearly are on top, but I can say with 100% certainty that Riggs isn't it.

the ninjak
I agree. Bourne knows how to kill.
Dalton tore a guys throat out.
Castle broke a guys head in.
Dux knows the Dim Mak and can block blows and fight whilst blind.
Dutch has strength and no doubt powerful blows.
Rocky will just start punching.
Batman wont kill. But is aware of brutal take down maneuvers. Hard to tell.
McClane and Riggs? They won't make it.

Robtard
LoL, McClane is easily above half the list, if not more.

He'd be the first to strike with a super-swift thumb-to-the-eye and headbutt.

the ninjak
Alot of these guys are just as brutal and swift.
But stronger and more experienced.

Impediment
Should death moves be allowed? I think it would be more fun to just wrestle and brawl instead of instant death move.

Sadako of Girth
McClane uses his free hand to ram a broken table leg through the neck and throat of his opponent, makes a wisecrack about his opponent being a pain in the neck or something, and lights a cigarette.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Impediment
Should death moves be allowed? I think it would be more fun to just wrestle and brawl instead of instant death move.
I think it's more fun with the instant death moves. stick out tongue
Originally posted by Robtard

McClane ain't getting his left arm around Frank Dux and busting an eye then headbutting him. Dux blocked stuff while blind and can use the Dim Mak. McClane falls to the floor a shriveled heap.
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
McClane uses his free hand to ram a broken table leg through the neck and throat of his opponent, makes a wisecrack about his opponent being a pain in the neck or something, and lights a cigarette.
laughing out loud I wonder how far John would've gotten in the Kumite? This thread isn't so different.

Sadako of Girth
Or this:

Robtard
Originally posted by the ninjak
Alot of these guys are just as brutal and swift.
But stronger and more experienced.

McClane has super-human durability and strength in times of great distress, how else was he able to grab on and hold onto the air-duct with just his fingertips?

Experience? LoL. How many movies have most of these other cats survived and what have they survived? Exactly.

Robtard

McClane ain't getting his left arm around Frank Dux and busting an eye then headbutting him. Dux blocked stuff while blind and can use the Dim Mak. McClane falls to the floor a shriveled heap.

I'm sure you've armed-wrestled, you're right up close to your opponent.

Dux is normal in terms of strength, McClane would use his super-human grip (ala Diehard) and destroy Frank that way. Dux is a nobody here; Dim Mak is good against a bunch of bricks.

the ninjak
I'm sure you've armed-wrestled, you're right up close to your opponent.

Dux is normal in terms of strength, McClane would use his super-human grip (ala Diehard) and destroy Frank that way. Dux is a nobody here; Dim Mak is good against a bunch of bricks.

Frank went into slo mo everytime he performed high end feats.
He also can block blind. McClane ain't hitting him.
He also destroyed a Sumo wrestlers stomach with the Dim Mak.
He proved with the Dim Mak he can focus and destroy a target regardless of impediment.

And that's just Frank Dux.
Experience? LoL. How many movies have most of these other cats survived and what have they survived? Exactly.

Dux survived the Kumite. John would'nt have survived that.

Impediment
My money is going to Danny for his damage soak, his martial arts, and his speed. He's definitely not the strongest on the list, but he's no chump.

Robtard
Frank went into slo mo everytime he performed high end feats.
He also can block blind. McClane ain't hitting him.
He proved with the Dim Mak he can focus and destroy a target regardless of impediment.

And that's just Frank Dux.

Dux survived the Kumite. John would'nt have survived that.

Armwrestling dude, you're literally already up on your opponent and as I said, they're already gripping hands, McClane only need squeeze and average-Frank is toast.

Dim Mak, good for bricks, dude.

McClane survived Diehard 1-4, Frank Dux wouldn't have made it past the first 27 mins of Diehard.

Impediment

Actually, he pulled a Johnny Cage and did the splits to punch him in the dick, IIRC.

Robtard
Actually, he pulled a Johnny Cage and did the splits to punch him in the dick, IIRC.

This is correct, he's thinking of The Quest; when the Mongolian punched the Sumo in the gut to drop him.

the ninjak
Armwrestling dude, you're literally already up on your opponent and as I said, they're already gripping hands, McClane only need squeeze and average-Frank is toast.
Nonsense. Dux knows pain. Had his legs stretched apart and hit with sticks.
Dim Mak, good for bricks, dude.
Woops. Well those balls were screwed.

McClane survived Diehard 1-4, Frank Dux wouldn't have made it past the first 27 mins of Diehard.
This thread is more relative to the movie Bloodsport, than running around shooting Eurotrash.

Robtard
Nonsense. Dux knows pain. Had his legs stretched apart and hit with sticks.

And Sumo Wrestler's stomachs.

This thread is more relative to the movie Bloodsport, than running around shooting Eurotrash.

LoL, McClane knows pain; four movies worth of it. Punched, kicked, slammed, glass shards to feet, falling out of moving cars and being shot.

Incorrect.

Incorrect. Frank Dux is a nobody here, so get off his nuts and swing from someone of worth.

Sadako of Girth
LoL, McClane knows pain; four movies worth of it. Punched, kicked, slammed, glass shards to feet, falling out of moving cars and being shot.

All whilst brutally hungover. All this talk of not surviving this other guy's feats, this other guy couldn't survive a drinking session with McClane, let alone best im in arm wrestling combat...

Impediment
My money is going to Danny for his damage soak, his martial arts, and his speed. He's definitely not the strongest on the list, but he's no chump.

Nobody thinks that Danny could have an upper hand in this match?

Sadako of Girth
I havent seen that dude yet.

Impediment
I havent seen that dude yet.

CRIKEY!

You have to see Unleashed! It's not only a fantastic martial arts film, but Jet Li does some seriously emotional acting that almost makes you want to cry. He really came to as an actual actor with this film, IMO.

It's his best movie, in my opinion.

Sadako of Girth
On the list, it now is.... smile

dadudemon
All of you fail because all posts after mine should have said, "dadudemon is right".

estahuh

Robtard
All whilst brutally hungover. All this talk of not surviving this other guy's feats, this other guy couldn't survive a drinking session with McClane, let alone best im in arm wrestling combat...

Another excellent point, considering they're face-2-face, McClane's morning-after-a-drinking-binge-breath serves as a deadly secret weapon.

Robtard
Nobody thinks that Danny could have an upper hand in this match?

The three top players here are:

McClane
Frank Castle
Danny

Sadako of Girth
Another excellent point, considering they're face-2-face, McClane's morning-after-a-drinking-binge-breath serves as a deadly secret weapon.

Nerve gassing them before the fight starts... hard to beat that.
Also since he likes Pizza, the chances of Garlic overtones being present are high...just piling on the pain for his opponent further.

the ninjak
My battery ran out of juice.
Good point with the garlic & alcohol breath, very Over the Top.

Incorrect.

Incorrect. Frank Dux is a nobody here, so get off his nuts and swing from someone of worth.

-So going through windows, falling out of cars and getting shot at is more relevent than a tournament scenario based on skill and strength. Right. So the guys from Jackass stand a better chance than Frank Dux.
-Yeah I got mixed up with The Quest. Damn Damme.
-I'm not riding anybody. Just stating that Dux would kick McClanes ass.

NemeBro
If Frank Castle caved someone's ****ing head in with a single punch, that suggests a level of physical strength beyond anyone here.

What is the context of this punch? Was the back of the man's head on the floor or on a wall?

If not, lolwat.

the ninjak
0:49
http://www.slashfilm.com/red-band-clip-for-punisher-war-zone-is-very-cruel-to-faces/

The kids head was against a post. Was Frank wearing plated gloves?
It crushes the side of the boys face and makes his eye pop out.
Such a punch won't be easy in this scenario.

dadudemon
Well...the scene is worse than I thought. It occurs around the 50 second mark in that link you gave.

He just totally obliterates that dude's head with that punch. So, yeah, if there was any doubt that version of Castle is just to broken for this scenario...

It's the kind of punch I demand Spiderman have. uhuh

NemeBro
Spiderman pulls his punches in the comics to avoid killing human-level criminals.

It is entirely possible he does the same in the movies. I guess...

dadudemon
Originally posted by NemeBro
It is entirely possible he does the same in the movies. I guess...

The one time he should not pull his punches was when Doc Ock had his Aunt May (the last family member on Earth that he deeply loved) and was threatening to kill her/drop her.

For some reason, Spiderman deemed it necessary to pull his punches when he should have torn Doc Ock's head clean off. But he didn't...because we needed a story.

But any time people say that Spiderman pulls his punches/doesn't kill, I just bring up this page:

http://spiderfan.org/faq/killed.html

Robtard
Originally posted by dadudemon
But any time people say that Spiderman pulls his punches/doesn't kill, I just bring up this page:

http://spiderfan.org/faq/killed.html
Spider-Man does pull his punches and doesn't try to kill. Most of those deaths were "accidental" or not real deaths. He's an imperfect hero, this is a defining aspect of Spider-Man; he's made errors and/or succumbed to anger.

Uncle Ben's Law still holds him in check the vast majority of the time.

the ninjak
Parker realized his strength after snapping Uncle Ben's killer's arm and watching him fall to his death.

After that he wouldn't have killed Doc Ock with his punches especially because they were once friends and Octavious was obviously having some kind of meltdown due to his experiment failing and his wife getting killed.

Green Goblin was self defence.

Robtard
Green Goblin killed himself.

the ninjak
It wasn't his intent to kill himself. He tried to kill Parker. Parker was simply too inexperienced and didn't have enough time to do anything else but jump.

Robtard
It wasn't suicide, but he did kill himself.

dadudemon
Parker realized his strength after snapping Uncle Ben's killer's arm and watching him fall to his death.

After that he wouldn't have killed Doc Ock with his punches especially because they were once friends and Octavious was obviously having some kind of meltdown due to his experiment failing and his wife getting killed.

Green Goblin was self defence.

All of that Spider-man apologetics does not excuse him failing to kill Doc Ock. Doc Ock killed and was going to kill his Aunt. Him failing to kill the ol' Doc would not be substituting any sort of morals: it's only Spider-man being stupid.

the ninjak
It's the Superhero code. You don't kill.

NemeBro
Actually in Marvel superheroes are a bit more prone to killing than in DC.

the ninjak
Marvel have more anti-heroes. Than the more boyscout DC roster.
Spidey is trying to live up to the more classic type of iconic superhero.

Deadpool, Punisher, Blade and Moon Knight style vigilantes tend to fight heroes as often as they fight villains.

Blaarphengaar
danny can't beat arnold.

my money is on the punisher and arnold.

Impediment
Major bump.

Can anyone think of new characters to use in an arm wrestling match like this one I made years ago?

I'm trying to think outside the box and break the fad of boring versus matches.

Raptor22
Major bump.

Can anyone think of new characters to use in an arm wrestling match like this one I made years ago?. Jon wick, Hobbs and Dom would seem 2 fit with the roster u made back in the day.

riv6672
Originally posted by Raptor22
Jon wick, Hobbs and Dom would seem 2 fit with the roster u made back in the day.
Dredd Dredd)
Harley Quinn (Suicide Squad)
Jackson Healy (The Nice Guys)
Loraine Broughton (Atomic Blonde)
Illya (The Man From UNCLE)
Hail Caesar (The Expendables I, II, III)
Rocket (GoTG)

h1a8
I liked "over the top" Tbh. It got me very interested in professional arm wrestling. Without that film I wouldn't know anything about the sport and be missing out on a true joy.

meep-meep

laughing out loud

I would pick Bourne, though.

meep-meep
Major bump.

Can anyone think of new characters to use in an arm wrestling match like this one I made years ago?

I'm trying to think outside the box and break the fad of boring versus matches.

Tyler Durden. Doug Glatt.

riv6672
Originally posted by meep-meep
Doug Glatt.
That made for an interesting Google search. thumb up

HulkIsHulk
I am sick of hearing about ock
Originally posted by dadudemon
The one time he should not pull his punches was when Doc Ock had his Aunt May (the last family member on Earth that he deeply loved) and was threatening to kill her/drop her.

For some reason, Spiderman deemed it necessary to pull his punches when he should have torn Doc Ock's head clean off. But he didn't...because we needed a story
Doc Ock in any continuity is ridiculously tough for a human
And the one in SM2 fell atleast ten stories onto a moving train and bounced on the roof atleast 5 times, leaving dents all the way, and recovered fsster than Spider-Man. Not ordinary human durability.
Also Spidey hit him with obvious superhumanly strong attack several times in the movie
* In the bank fight, Spidey threw a coin bag at Ock hard enough that he was knocked into a concrete pillar with enough force to take chunks out of it
* Also in the same fight, Spidey swung a table at him hard enough send the table and Ock(with his metal arms) across a hall, through a glass window, smash through a metal power box with enough force to knock it clean out of its housings, and hit a taxi cab car hard enough to dent its door and almost knock it over
* Punched him hard enough that the metal arms got ripped away from the bricks they had embedded themselves into

https://youtu.be/Lt56jutf1vk
See 0:54,1:26 and 2:50

* Threw a metal clock hand at Ock with enough momentum to smash through concrete, hit Ock and send him flying and still have enough force behind it to embed into the metal wall
* The 10 storey fall was after Spidey ripped him out from concrete again
* Spidey threw himself onto Ock from several stories high

https://youtu.be/z00fTwhmYX0
0:56, 1:10, 2:49

* Slams him through floorboards and outright knocks him out
https://youtu.be/du9StHQYGGs
0:40

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.