The Strongest There Is

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Damborgson
Who based on feats is the strongest hero there is in both universes Marvel and DC? When I say strength I mean lifting/pushing/locking arms/ etc...no striking feats.

Superman (post crisis of course)

Thor

Hulk

Captain Marvel (DC)

Hercules (Marvel)

Gladiator

Martian Manhunter

Sentry

Wonderwoman

list your own...

just from the list I personally think Superman takes it.

CosmicComet
Superman by pure numerically calculable weights.

But Captain Marvel is right up there with him since you mention locking arms, and he has done that with Superman many a times to a standstill.

iceman24567
Eh Thor or Superman

Mr.Mxyzptlk
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x296/acewasp23/scan0004.jpg

Though the canonicty of this is a little hazy to me, but Wildstorm was part of the DC Multiverse and Lobo "don't do logical".

CosmicComet
Lobo's not a hero though.

Still, I love that feat. Because its a speed feat on top of a wacky strength feat.

SamZED
lol awesome.

carver9
Hulk

Gladiator

The rest.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Lobo's not a hero though.

He's close enough if the check is big enough. smokin'

And why can't we count characters of questionable ethics and morals?

I mean, Sentry is on the list....

Damborgson
Originally posted by carver9
Hulk

Gladiator

The rest. please provide feats when you make your choice.

Damborgson
Originally posted by Mr.Mxyzptlk
He's close enough if the check is big enough. smokin'

I mean, Sentry is on the list.... Cuz Sentry is a "hero" Lobo is Lobo lol...

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Originally posted by Damborgson
Cuz Sentry is a "hero" Lobo is Lobo lol...

Yeah....

Sentry is as much a "hero" as any of the Dark Avengers.

Mshinu
Lobo is a hero to me every time he beats up supes smile

Damborgson
Yeah....

Sentry is as much a "hero" as any of the Dark Avengers. This is true. He's still considered a "hero" more than Lobo is. And strictly speaking Bob is one of the good guys. The void is evil part of him.

JakeTheBank
Superman.

carver9
please provide feats when you make your choice.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=12952643

You'll never find nothing to surpass this outside of being a Skyfather.

If you want a single ft, Hulk thunderclapped a dimension to dust. Separated a positive and negative antimatter bomb apart from each other.

Lifting fts while standing on two legs... Hulk has everyone here beat.

Striking power...has everyone here beat.

CosmicComet

In that case, Lobo wins.

He has the strength necessary to juggle Darlene's huge jugs.

Nihilist
Superman /thread.

Damborgson

If you want a single ft, Hulk thunderclapped a dimension to dust. Separated a positive and negative antimatter bomb apart from each other.

Striking power...has everyone here beat. Even if that feat were the "best" which it isnt, This is just pure strength without striking feats. Check the OP.

Mr.Mxyzptlk

Striking power...has everyone here beat.

Isn't that feat more because of the circumstances though? Being at the Nexus of All Realities and all?

And Hulk doesn't beat Lobo on lifting feats, unless you can show me one that outdoes him crushing that city with his bare hands.

carver9
Even if that feat were the "best" which it isnt, This is just pure strength without striking feats. Check the OP.

Why are you asking me to post scans without everyone else not doing it. We all k.ow who is the strongest in this thread BY FAR.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Why are you asking me to post scans without everyone else not doing it. We all k.ow who is the strongest in this thread BY FAR.

I posted a feat. confused

rotiart
Holding two halves of a planet together?

Damborgson
Why are you asking me to post scans without everyone else not doing it. We all k.ow who is the strongest in this thread BY FAR. Its not just for you bro. My post applies to everyone. Just provide a feat to back up your claim is all.

carver9
Its not just for you bro. My post applies to everyone. Just provide a feat to back up your claim is all.

Skaar amped himself to 100 Trillion tons worth of force and Hulk treats him like a step child with one hand.

http://m980.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/ankur2292/IncredibleHulk611011.jpg.html?o=83

CosmicComet
Originally posted by rotiart
Holding two halves of a planet together?

I would say pulling the Earth, even with help > that.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Skaar amped himself to 100 Trillion tons worth of force and Hulk treats him like a step child with one hand.

http://m980.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/ankur2292/IncredibleHulk611011.jpg.html?o=83

I can't tell anything from that tiny scan except Hulk knocking away Skaar.

The Sorrow
Originally posted by CosmicComet
I would say pulling the Earth, even with help > that.
The planet was 1.5 x Earth's size and he was weakened

-Pr-
Superman or Hulk.

lol @ anyone picking Gladiator though.

SuperiorTech

That issue have a more substantial significance it was the birth of FAMILY MAN HULK.

Happy Dance

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Just out of curiosity, would anyone place the City feat as Lobo's greatest strength feat or him pulling Pulsar Stargrave out of the sky even though he had no leverage for such a thing?

SquallX
Superman lifted half of Infinity, while Captain Marvel lifted the other half. Nothing beat those two.

Or amp Superman moving War World.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Originally posted by SquallX

Or amp Superman moving War World.

I think Lobo pulling down Pulsar Stargrave, who possessed Stellar Mass, with no leverage and nothing but his normal hooked chain, outdoes Sun-dipped Superman pushing War World into a Boom-tube.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
Superman or Hulk.

Gladiator by far.

mad

JakeTheBank

carver9
Originally posted by JakeTheBank

laughing out loud

Don't hate.

wildernesss
this has been done before & Hercules lifting feats wtfpwn every character on that list. Hercules has lifted the entire universe.

JakeTheBank
Superman has feats which match that.

wildernesss
Superman has feats which match that.

lolz

carver9
Hulk strength ft...lol.

Thanks Sundip.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/23/1861416thorhammersuper4.jpg/

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by wildernesss
lolz

Considering he lifted weights dubbed "infinity" and the "sum of eternity", it's very much true. baka

wildernesss
Considering he lifted weights dubbed "infinity" and the "sum of eternity", it's very much true. baka

which superman? pre-crisis or current? I don't see any pre-crisis superman in the OP. try again.

classic Hercules wtfpwns current superman in strength feats.

carver9

That leans more on Hyperbole and it was a shared ft AND he needed assistance. Ultraman did the same thing "with ease" by himself.

What solo fts do you have? Herc did his ft by himself.

JakeTheBank
which superman? pre-crisis or current? I don't see any pre-crisis superman in the OP. try again.

classic Hercules wtfpwns current superman in strength feats.

Post Crisis, actually. baka

JakeTheBank
That leans more on Hyperbole and it was a shared ft AND he needed assistance. Ultraman did the same thing "with ease" by himself.

And Hercules lifting the universe isn't hyperbole? They're all unquantifiable.

Let's try some logical thinking and math. What's half of infinity?

wildernesss
Post Crisis, actually. baka

Hercules lifting the universe by himself beats a shared feat accomplished with assistance.

if half of infinity is still infinity he wouldn't have required assistance...nor would the load need to be shared.

JakeTheBank
Hercules lifting the universe by himself beats a shared feat accomplished with assistance.

Not really.

You're acting like Superman lifted a billion tons with help. He lifted infinite pages with help. And half, assuming it was a 50/50 effort, of infinity is....what?

Ultraman lifting it by himself doesn't invalidate it, either. And considering Superman is at the very least Ultraman's equal which has been shown God knows how many times in comics...well, it's hard not to put two and two together to get four.

And it goes without saying that Superman's entire history of strength feats as a whole eclipse Hercules.

Starscream M
Not really.

You're acting like Superman lifted a billion tons with help. He lifted infinite pages with help. And half, assuming it was a 50/50 effort, of infinity is....what?

half of infinity is infinity

superman does not have infinite strength

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Starscream M
half of infinity is infinity

superman does not have infinite strength

No one is arguing Superman has infinite strength.

But Superman lifting half of infinity and half of the sum of eternity, both of which equal infinity and the sum of eternity, matches Hercules lifting the universe.

But if someone wants to argue that Hercules, based off of that feat, is the strongest here, you better damn well expect the flood gates to be unleashed considering how Hercules has fared against people in direct contests of strength, which the OP takes into consideration.

Starscream M
No one is arguing Superman has infinite strength.

actually you are...by saying superman is lifting half of infinity, you are actually saying he is lifting infinity...since there is no such thing as half of infinity.

wildernesss
Not really.

Ultraman lifting it by himself doesn't invalidate it, either. And considering Superman is at the very least Ultraman's equal which has been shown God knows how many times in comics...well, it's hard not to put two and two together to get four.

And it goes without saying that Superman's entire history of strength feats as a whole eclipse Hercules.

it's a utterly ridiculous non-feat that negates itself with it's apparent lack of logic; if half of infinity is infinity there could BE no 50/50 sharing of the load since the "shared load" is infinite. If the shared load is infinite superman would not have required 50/50 assistance since it would make no difference.

it's either hyperbole or a metaphysical feat. not a strength feat.

JakeTheBank
actually you are...by saying superman is lifting half of infinity, you are actually saying he is lifting infinity...since there is no such thing as half of infinity.

I'm saying Superman's strength is limitless as much as Hercules is...which is not at all. no expression

JakeTheBank
it's a ridiculous non-feat that negates itself with it's apparent lack of logic; if half of infinity is infinity there could BE no 50/50 sharing of the load since the shared "load" is infinite. If the shared load is infinite the superman would not have required 50/50 assistance since it would make no difference.

it's either hyperbole or a metaphysical feat. not a strength feat.

So Superman's feats are hyperbolic or metaphysical...but Hercules' isn't?

Explain that one to me.

carver9
And Hercules lifting the universe isn't hyperbole? They're all unquantifiable.

Let's try some logical thinking and math. What's half of infinity?

Actually, both are hyperbole. What type of strength fts do you have. Not fts like Sentry holding The cosmic cube.

-Pr-
Gladiator by far.

mad

Superman or Hulk.

honestly.

it wasn't stated that assistance was needed. If you're going to make statements, at least TRY to back them up? Trolling isn't good.

JakeTheBank
Hulk strength ft...lol.

Thanks Sundip.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/23/1861416thorhammersuper4.jpg/

Do you know the context to that issue?

wildernesss
So Superman's feats are hyperbolic or metaphysical...but Hercules' isn't?

Explain that one to me.

based on the fact that this superman feat makes less sense & is more ridiculous than the hercules feat. at least with the hercules feat there are no tricks or intellectual rhetoric. what you see is what you get. he stands up, raises his arms, & lifts the universe. it has all the appearances of a pure strength feat & there is no reason to take it as anything but such.

the superman feat is convoluted, illogical, & lacks the simplicity of the
hercules feat. the kind of simplicity that would go with a pure strength feat. so ya, while they MAY both be hyperbolic feats, the superman feat makes it look like the a garden variety rational feat
since superman does not have infinite strength.

JakeTheBank
based on the fact that this superman feat makes less sense & is more ridiculous than the hercules feat. at least with the hercules feat there are no tricks or intellectual rhetoric. what you see is what you get. he stands up, raises his arms, & lifts the universe. it has all the appearances of a pure strength feat & there is no reason to take it as anything but such.

hercules feat. the kind of simplicity that would go with a pure strength feat. so ya, while they MAY both be hyperbolic feats, the superman feat makes it look like the a garden variety rational feat

So, Hercules lifting up the entire universe somehow makes more sense than Superman lifting infinity or the sum of eternity? How'd you get to that conclusion? Superman lifted up a book using his strength using his hands. Superman lifted up Spectre, cited as weighing the sum of eternity, with his arms. Sounds like the appearance of a pure strength feat. They're all absurd, hyperbolic, and unquantifiable.

Superman doesn't have infinite strength. Neither does Hercules. thumb up

carver9
honestly.

it wasn't stated that assistance was needed. If you're going to make statements, at least TRY to back them up? Trolling isn't good.

Pr...I'm not trying to troll.

Why can't I believe Gladiator is stronger than anyone (minus Hulk) here when overall, he has the fts?

wildernesss
So, Hercules lifting up the entire universe somehow makes more sense than Superman lifting infinity or the sum of eternity? How'd you get to that conclusion? Superman lifted up a book using his strength using his hands. Superman lifted up Spectre, cited as weighing the sum of eternity, with his arms. Sounds like the appearance of a pure strength feat. They're all absurd, hyperbolic, and unquantifiable.

Superman doesn't have infinite strength. Neither does Hercules. thumb up

you're right, neither of them do.....but you seem to be implying superman does when you were trying to promote superman's feat with your "what is half of infinity?" posts over & over again. if you truly beleive superman does not have infinite strength why were using that feat against hercules feat? you would have disregarded the superman feat immediately if you truly felt that way.

JakeTheBank

Why can't I believe Gladiator is stronger than anyone (minus Hulk) here when overall, he has the fts?

The first part of your post doesn't mesh well with the second part.

carver9

Thumbs up. That is why I am consistently asking him for lifting/strength ft...something where anyone in this thread lifts their arm...stand on there legs and hold something up with pure strength.

JakeTheBank
you're right, neither of them do.....but you seem to be implying superman does when you were trying to promote superman's feat with your "what is half of infinity?" posts over & over again. if you truly beleive superman does not have infinite strength why were using that feat against hercules feat? you would have disregared the superman feat immediately if you truly felt that way.

I started this convo by saying Superman has feats to match Hercules lifting the universe....which he does.

He doesn't have infinite strength. Neither does Hercules. They both have incredibly stupid feats which can't be quantified. You apparently thought Hercules, through that feat, made him the strongest person here and didn't think Superman possessed such feats, but, unfortunately, he does.

It's okay, though. I used to not know who Superman was or his feats, either. Makes debating against him pretty difficult.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Superman =/> Thor and Hulk =/> Hercules

carver9
Everyone here pretty much have ridiculous fts like that which makes this thread pointless. Sentry holding the cosmic cube is pretty much the top ft in this thread but it doesn't prove he is stronger than anyone. If we actually look at quantifiable fts...its pretty much easy to say who is the strongest here.

Unquantifiable fts would be Hulk punching through a time stream, Thor hitting so hard that it resembled the big bang... Sentry holding the cube, Ultraman lifting infinity by himself... Wonder Woman aiding in lifting Spectre and the list goes on. Pure brute strength...I would give it to Hulk going by showings with Herc, Supes, Gladiator, and Thor following him.

gogogadgetgo
superman lifted a book of infinite weight or something like that shit

hercules supported the heavens or what ever shit that is

thor resisted infinite gravity or what ever shit that is

hence they are all shyet! stick out tongue

carver9
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Superman =/> Thor and Hulk =/> Hercules

Just like you thought Thor had the best striking fts but couldn't provide a single showing outdoing Hulk.

Gotcha.

JakeTheBank
Everyone here pretty much have ridiculous fts like that which makes this thread pointless. Sentry holding the cosmic cube is pretty much the top ft in this thread but it doesn't prove he is stronger than anyone. If we actually look at quantifiable fts...its pretty much easy to say who is the strongest here.

Unquantifiable fts would be Hulk punching through a time stream, Thor hitting so hard that it resembled the big bang... Sentry holding the cube, Ultraman lifting infinity by himself... Wonder Woman aiding in lifting Spectre and the list goes on. Pure brute strength...I would give it to Hulk going by showings with Herc, Supes, Gladiator, and Thor following him.

First of all, phuck Sentry.

Secondly, on pure brute strength why do you have Hercules above Superman, Gladiator, and Thor?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Just like you thought Thor had the best striking fts but couldn't provide a single showing outdoing Hulk.

Gotcha.

Just like you thought Gladiator was stronger than Thor but wouldn't even post in the BZ thread.

Gotcha.

Also, you need to re-read that thread.

carver9

Secondly, on pure brute strength why do you have Hercules above Superman, Gladiator, and Thor?

laughing out loud

Why don't you like Sentry?

I don't have any of them above each other...they are all the same.

JakeTheBank
laughing out loud

Why don't you like Sentry?

I don't have any of them above each other...they are all the same.

To answer your question:

Him being a b*tch, probably

carver9
Just like you thought Gladiator was stronger than Thor but wouldn't even post in the BZ thread.

Gotcha.

Also, you need to re-read that thread.

I already explained 8 times why I didn't post in that thread.

I owned in that thread. You didn't post anymore after I owned. That's all I really had to do was post something stating that Hulk hits harder than Thor which I did post.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I already explained 8 times why I didn't post in that thread.

I owned in that thread. You didn't post anymore after I owned. That's all I really had to do was post something stating that Hulk hits harder than Thor which I did post.

I know, you were too scared.

Really? I highly doubt that it went down that way. But by some miracle if it did, post a link to the thread. If I forgot and didn't reply, I most certainly will now.

SquallX
this has been done before & Hercules lifting feats wtfpwn every character on that list. Hercules has lifted the entire universe.

Superman lifted half of Infinity. Or are you suggesting holding a Universe beats half of Infinity,

carver9
I know, you were too scared.

Really? I highly doubt that it went down that way. But by some miracle if it did, post a link to the thread. If I forgot and didn't reply, I most certainly will now.

Naah, ill leave it as is... i will keep that title.

wildernesss

if you've conceded superman & hercules do not have infinite strength then why would you have superman above hercules?

carver9
Superman lifted half of Infinity. Or are you suggesting holding a Universe beats half of Infinity,

Who's stronger, Ultraman or Superboy Prime?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Naah, ill leave it as is... i will keep that title.

Coward.

carver9
Coward.

laughing

wildernesss

half of infinity is infinity. superman doesn't have infinite strength. it's a non-feat beauce he isn't capable of it.

SquallX
Who's stronger, Ultraman or Superboy Prime?

Sometime you're cool Carver, but most of the times i hate you're double standards.

So here's a question for you?
Who's Stronger Hulk or Wolverine. I mean in WWH, the Hulk was bashing the shit out Logan, and he couldn't even ko'd him, but his mere footstep almost sink the Eastern sea board.

JakeTheBank
if you've conceded superman & hercules do not have infinite strength then why would you have superman above hercules?

Because using quantifiable feats, Superman's are superior?

SquallX
half of infinity is infinity. superman doesn't have infinite strength. it's a non-feat beauce he isn't capable of it.

And lifting a Universe makes no sense, so Hercules lifting a Universe is also a non-feat.

See, i can nitpick at you're bullshits too.

-Pr-

A) Because he doesn't.
B) I wasn't talking about Gladiator.

The first part of your post doesn't mesh well with the second part.

ha.

wildernesss
And lifting a Universe makes no sense, so Hercules lifting a Universe is also a non-feat.

See, i can nitpick at you're bullshits too.

the difference is that we know superman doesn't have infinite strength. we don't know that Hercules doesn't have the capacity to lift the whole universe.

quanchi112
Because using quantifiable feats, Superman's are superior? I never thought feats decided who was stronger but while saying that I think it's obvious Superman is stronger than Thor and Hercules. Not as wide as the gap between him and WW but still. I think how these characters match up against their peers is the best indicator of strength.

carver9
Sometime you're cool Carver, but most of the times i hate you're double standards.

So here's a question for you?
Who's Stronger Hulk or Wolverine. I mean in WWH, the Hulk was bashing the shit out Logan, and he couldn't even ko'd him, but his mere footstep almost sink the Eastern sea board.

Lol... I'm always cool.

Wolverine has high end durability (healing factor and adamantium skull) and he took more punches than almost anyone during the WWH arc minus Sentry.

Why can't you answer my question? You know what I'm going to say next huh?

carver9
A) Because he doesn't.
B) I wasn't talking about Gladiator.

ha.

I honestly believe he is the strongest.

I knew who you were talking about and I'm not trying to troll.

JakeTheBank
the difference is that we know superman doesn't have infinite strength. we don't know that Hercules doesn't have the capacity to lift the whole universe.

Come the hell on, man. erm

How you're somehow divorcing those two feats and clinging on to the idea that Herc's somehow makes more sense is beyond me.

carver9
Originally posted by quanchi112
I never thought feats decided who was stronger but while saying that I think it's obvious Superman is stronger than Thor and Hercules. Not as wide as the gap between him and WW but still. I think how these characters match up against their peers is the best indicator of strength.

Pretty much. I think Superman is a tad bit stronger than Thor as well. If they were in an arm wrestling contest, it would take hrs for Supes to win "but he would win". Hercules is questionable imo. His strength varies.

wildernesss
Because using quantifiable feats, Superman's are superior?

like what?

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Just out of curiosity, would anyone place the City feat as Lobo's greatest strength feat or him pulling Pulsar Stargrave out of the sky even though he had no leverage for such a thing?

*cough*

carver9
*cough*

That's the best ft so far. I think Hulk crushing Thor hammer is up there with that ft as well.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
That's the best ft so far. I think Hulk crushing Thor hammer is up there with that ft as well.

Balling up the city or pulling down Pulsar?

And what exactly was the context of that feat?

wildernesss
Come the hell on, man. erm

How you're somehow divorcing those two feats and clinging on to the idea that Herc's somehow makes more sense is beyond me.

there are degrees in everything, even in ridiculous feats. however, there is a difference between ridiculous and impossible. superman having "infinite strength" breaks the barrier between the ridiculous & the impossible. superman towing planets & hercules lifting the universe are ridiculous, BUT there those feats are, on panel, observable & with no tricks. the superman "infinite strength" shared 50/50 lift is not only ridiculous but also convoluted, riddled with intellectual trickery, mathematically impossible, & impossible since superman does not have infinite strength.

JakeTheBank

That was a dream, which is fitting, because it's the only place Hulk would ever crush Mjolnir in his bare hands. Incredible Hulk #227.

carver9
That was a dream, which is fitting, because it's the only place Hulk would ever crush Mjolnir in his bare hands. Incredible Hulk #227.

Dam*, why would you ruin that for me Jake? FU wink

-Pr-
I honestly believe he is the strongest.

I knew who you were talking about and I'm not trying to troll.

You'd need to prove it. On this list he's maybe half way. top third at best. he still lags behind several people based on feats.

Dam*, why would you ruin that for me Jake? FU wink

So you admit that you lied? profiled.

carver9
You'd need to prove it. On this list he's maybe half way. top third at best. he still lags behind several people based on feats.

So you admit that you lied? profiled.

I have proven this so many times. I can't believe I haven't warped you all minds yet with all the times I posted his fts. We might just need to just call this even Pr.

Lol...I got the scan from Sundip, I didn't know he would post a dream. Jake could have kept that a secret.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
If the sum total of the universe has no definable weight, why isn't it just as unquantifiable as Superman lifting a book weighing "Infinity" or the Spectre who weighs "Eternity"? I don't think you can say that Superman's two instances are "impossible" and not say the same thing about Hercules lifting the sum total weight of the Universe.

-Pr-
I have proven this so many times. I can't believe I haven't warped you all minds yet with all the times I posted his fts. We might just need to just call this even Pr.

Lol...I got the scan from Sundip, I didn't know he would post a dream. Jake could have kept that a secret.

you haven't proven anything, though. You post feats that aren't valid because they're either an alternate universe or misrepresented. To prove something, you need PROOF.

And you would have kept up the illusion. It wouldn't have mattered anyway; I've read Hulk.

If the sum total of the universe has no definable weight, why isn't it just as unquantifiable as Superman lifting a book weighing "Infinity" or the Spectre who weighs "Eternity"? I don't think you can say that Superman's two instances are "impossible" and not say the same thing about Hercules lifting the sum total weight of the Universe.

^ Common sense.

Sadly, it isn't that common.

Omega Vision
this is one of the dumbest posts I've seen ever.

Bar none.

Colossus-Big C
the difference is that we know superman doesn't have infinite strength. we don't know that Hercules doesn't have the capacity to lift the whole universe. thumb up

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
thumb up
And Colossus tops it.

psycho gundam
the difference is that we know superman doesn't have infinite strength. we don't know that Hercules doesn't have the capacity to lift the whole universe. http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/gifs/charlie-murphy-laugh_o_GIFSoupcom.gif

wildernesss
Originally posted by Omega Vision
this is one of the dumbest posts I've seen ever.

Bar none.

your flippant response & lack of explanation leads me to beleive your dumber than a post. get it, get it? Happy Dance

but seriously, what's the problem? what don't you get? for superman to have infinite strength would literally mean he could lift the omniverse & everything/force/space/dimension/abstract/whatever that has & every will exsist, everywhere & anywhere. it would make the power gem look like weak sauce. we KNOW he can't do that or he flick characters like captain marvel into mince meat like he was chewing gum. he simply doesn't have infinite strength. it was a feat convoluted, riddled with trickery, & dishonest. so this non-feat is not only ridiculous, but objectively impossible within the canon of the DC universe.

Hercules, otoh, lifted the universe, on panel, in what is a ridiculous but legitimate, observable, honest, what you see is what you get feat...with a defined limit. Atlas can do it & so can Hercules. the performance of this feat cannot be disqualified simply because it's ridiculous. if that were all it took to disqualify feats, then that would negate the possibility for most discussion. No, feats must merely not be completely impossible within the context of that universe's continuity. it is not a limitless, infinite, immeasurable feat like superman's "infinite" strength feat. it remains within the boundaries
of the possible. superman's "infinite strength" does not. get it?

cdtm
Originally posted by quanchi112
I never thought feats decided who was stronger but while saying that I think it's obvious Superman is stronger than Thor and Hercules. Not as wide as the gap between him and WW but still. I think how these characters match up against their peers is the best indicator of strength.

But if we used fights as an proof of where a character stands, that would make Spidey beating Firelord a valid showing, wouldn't it? stick out tongue

I think fights and feats need to both be weighed, but personally I put feats ahead in importance, with a dash of common sense (Like character stat limitations making some feats impossible, such as Slade always being a step ahead of Wally) Although, I also think Lady Shiva could contend with Cassandra Cain, despite having inferior feats, so it really depends on the case..

carver9
Originally posted by cdtm
But if we used fights as an proof of where a character stands, that would make Spidey beating Firelord a valid showing, wouldn't it? stick out tongue

I think fights and feats need to both be weighed, but personally I put feats ahead in importance, with a dash of common sense (Like character stat limitations making some feats impossible, such as Slade always being a step ahead of Wally) Although, I also think Lady Shiva could contend with Cassandra Cain, despite having inferior feats, so it really depends on the case..

So what do we do with characters that doesn't have fts similar to the people that does have insane fts? Example...Doomsday, Darkseid, Grundy and Konvikt. If we just went by fts, Colossus and Namor are above all of them. Hell, Spiderman strength fts outweighs there's and all four of them combined shouldnt even be capable of causing Hulk to even register their punches or tickle him.

Fts isn't always the best route to go buddy.

-Pr-
Lifting the universe isn't a quantifiable feat, so isn't usable. Period.

carver9

I agree.

wildernesss

would it be quantifiable within the context of the marvel universe? the TOAA, Eternity, Living Tribunal, Infinity, etc, could quantify it in exact or approximate terms.

I see your point though. until it is clearly quantified within the marvel universe, it remains an unknown; I'm just saying that while it isn't quantifiable, it is within the realm of possibility for hercules to perform this feat since it isn't infinite.

Damborgson
would it be quantifiable within the context of the marvel universe? the TOAA, Eternity, Living Tribunal, Infinity, etc, could quantify it in exact or approximate terms.

I see your point though. until it is clearly quantified within the marvel universe, it remains an unknown. let it go man...

wildernesss
let it go man...

I have. are my posts boring you?

TheHulk
1)Hulk
2)Superman
3)Thor
4)Gladiator
5)Captain Marvel
6)Hercules
7)Wonder Women
8)Sentry
9)Martian ManHunter

The Sorrow
It's difficult to find clean unaided feats that are quantifiable.

Thor - If you want to include "classic" Thor then overcoming the gravity a neutron star, towing an island, pulling the massive Midgard Serpent from Earth. I can't actually think of any worthwhile lifting feats for current Thor no expression

Hercules - Matching classic Thor in a arm wrestling contest, it was said their combined force could move the Earth from orbit.

Superman - Pulling at least 1/3 of Earth weight or at least 1/3 of the moon.

Captain Marvel - Has locked up with Superman and matched him

Hulk - Holding a planet together which was 1.5x the size of Earth. I'm not a physics buff but doesn't Earth weigh several hundred quintillion tons?

Gladiator - Moving a huge city sized spaceship that contained weapons with ease and has matched Thor in strength.

For the top guys these were the best raw lifting/pulling feats I could think of off the top of my head that could at least be quantified (or roughly so) in some way.

gogogadgetgo

I see your point though. until it is clearly quantified within the marvel universe, it remains an unknown; I'm just saying that while it isn't quantifiable, it is within the realm of possibility for hercules to perform this feat since it isn't infinite.

wait..what? the universe is infinite in real life and in comics. you do know that the universe is constantly expanding and growing which makes it as much as we can tell infinite. same as in comics, new words and galaxies and shit like that are constantly being created into existence which makes it infinite.

what do you think eternity and all those abstracts do all day? just watch?

Omega Vision
your flippant response & lack of explanation leads me to beleive your dumber than a post. get it, get it? Happy Dance

but seriously, what's the problem? what don't you get? for superman to have infinite strength would literally mean he could lift the omniverse & everything/force/space/dimension/abstract/whatever that has & every will exsist, everywhere & anywhere. it would make the power gem look like weak sauce. we KNOW he can't do that or he flick characters like captain marvel into mince meat like he was chewing gum. he simply doesn't have infinite strength. it was a feat convoluted, riddled with trickery, & dishonest. so this non-feat is not only ridiculous, but objectively impossible within the canon of the DC universe.

Hercules, otoh, lifted the universe, on panel, in what is a ridiculous but legitimate, observable, honest, what you see is what you get feat...with a defined limit. Atlas can do it & so can Hercules. the performance of this feat cannot be disqualified simply because it's ridiculous. if that were all it took to disqualify feats, then that would negate the possibility for most discussion. No, feats must merely not be completely impossible within the context of that universe's continuity. it is not a limitless, infinite, immeasurable feat like superman's "infinite" strength feat. it remains within the boundaries
of the possible. superman's "infinite strength" does not. get it?
Lol you really are a moron.

Either we can fix a finite limit on Herc and Superman's strength or we must give them both equal benefits of the doubt.

janus77
Hulk. easy.
most feats from Planet Hulk, from throwing mountains around to holding the planet together with his hands.

punching through the TimeStream, consistently being tested by the greatest scientific minds in Marvel and found to have literally incalculable strength...

all that and yet, he can still do more, go higher, much much higher.

carver9
Originally posted by janus77
Hulk. easy.
most feats from Planet Hulk, from throwing mountains around to holding the planet together with his hands.

punching through the TimeStream, consistently being tested by the greatest scientific minds in Marvel and found to have literally incalculable strength...

all that and yet, he can still do more, go higher, much much higher.

Pretty much. When it comes to legit "lifting" fts, Hulk is pretty much one of the only peeps here that has it. I'm referring to fts of grabbing something, standing on two legs and lifting it with your arms...no pulling, tugging...just Rae strength fts.

carver9
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/Hulk/hulkstrength3.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/Hulk/hulkstrength4.jpg

I could post this and no one would be able to match it.

Mr.Mxyzptlk

Superman definitely does.

I don't have the scan on hand, but him tearing through that moon following Luthor being elected President is more impressive, but that might count as a striking feat.

carver9
Superman definitely does.

I don't have the scan on hand, but him tearing through that moon following Luthor being elected President is more impressive, but that might count as a striking feat.

Pretty much. That would be like Grey Hulk tearing through an asteroid twice the size of earth.

marvelmadness13
Now I'd say Thor is the strongest here, but I would like to weigh in on the Hercules/Superman feat debate. A universe is mostly empty, massless void. Even if the space of the universe were infinite, the matter within it, while enormous in sum, is still finite, and therefore the combined mass of the universe is never going to be infinite. If someone had trillions of years and an amazing calculator they could put a weight on a universe, unlike a literally infinite in weight object.

Mshinu
Originally posted by marvelmadness13
Now I'd say Thor is the strongest here, but I would like to weigh in on the Hercules/Superman feat debate. A universe is mostly empty, massless void. Even if the space of the universe were infinite, the matter within it, while enormous in sum, is still finite, and therefore the combined mass of the universe is never going to be infinite. If someone had trillions of years and an amazing calculator they could put a weight on a universe, unlike a literally infinite in weight object.

Are you saying that a percentage ("mostly empty"wink of infinity is finite? wink

rotiart
Does anyone have proof that the book you guys are talking about has infinite weight? It's a magical book right? It doesn't necessary have to have infinite weight? I've never seen the scan in all the year I've been here, only heard about it...

And assuming for a second superman lifted it, did any other bricks attempt to?

Starscream M
the very fact that superman was able to lift it proves it did not have infinite weight.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Does anyone have proof that the book you guys are talking about has infinite weight? It's a magical book right? It doesn't necessary have to have infinite weight? I've never seen the scan in all the year I've been here, only heard about it...

It's from Final Crisis, but I'm not sure which issue.

carver9

Both Captain Marvel and Supes lifted it together and Ultraman lifted it by himself.

Just like you said, its a magical item which might not even have the slightest weight to it...especially if Ultraman single handily lifted it up with ease.

That's like me saying Thor is the strongest here since he is the only one capable of lifting Mjlonir.

Mr.Mxyzptlk

That's like me saying Thor is the strongest here since he is the only one capable of lifting Mjlonir.

That's a fallacy though since lifting Mjlonir has absolutely nothing to do with strength or weight.

marvelmadness13
Originally posted by Mshinu
Are you saying that a percentage ("mostly empty"wink of infinity is finite? wink

No, I'm saying that only the matter in a universe has weight. Empty space has no mass, whether it's three feet across or infinite in scale, its weight is zero. All you're lifting when you lift a universe is the finite matter within, therefore lifting a universe is not an infinite strength feat.

Omega Vision

Is he busting a mountain there?

That's not really anything to write home about.

Sr J-Bieb

That's not really anything to write home about. LOL U CNT MATCH IT

psycho gundam

I could post this and no one would be able to match it. herculese could do it cause during wwh, banner said he was one of the people able to stop him, even though he beat his ass it's still valid.

wildernesss
Lol you really are a moron.

Either we can fix a finite limit on Herc and Superman's strength or we must give them both equal benefits of the doubt.

you're projecting your own idiocy onto me because you failed to think it through thoroughly.

superman's "infinite strength" feat will never be salvagable or usable, but MUST be given the benefit of the doubt by default? lolz, that's the most idiotic statement I have ever read on these forums.

whatever you beleive about the feats to suit your own agenda is your prerogative. however, degree matters . superman's feat cannot be give then benefit of the doubt, nor will it ever be usable because it is impossible even within the continuity & context of the dc universe. hercs feat, otoa, is another story. the weight/mass of the marvel universe can/could/and may have already been revealed. the weight of our known universe is supposed to be 100 trillion trillion trillion trillion tonnes.

Omega Vision
you're projecting your own idiocy onto me because you failed to think it through thoroughly.

superman's "infinite strength" feat will never be salvagable or usable, but MUST be given the benefit of the doubt by default? lolz, that's the most idiotic statement I have ever read on these forums.

whatever you beleive about the feats to suit your own agenda is your
prerogative. however, degree matters . superman's feat cannot be give then benefit of the doubt, nor will it ever be usable because it is impossible even within the continuity & context of the dc universe. hercs feat, otoa, is another story. the weight/mass of the marvel universe can/could/and may have already been revealed. the weight of our universe is supposed to be 100 trillion trillion trillion trillion tonnes.
I'm not saying we should give Superman infinite strength.

Just that there's no reason why Hercules should be given a pass for his feat while Superman's is arbitrarily discarded because we "know he can't".

We know Superman isn't infinitely strong? Okay whatever.

But we don't know that Herc isn't a trillion, trillion times stronger than all his supposed peers because he's got an OMGQUANTIFIABLE lifting feat that makes every other herald lifting feat combined look pitiful?

What the Hell? On what planet is this sound logic?

For our purposes having Universe level strength and infinite strength are the same damn thing: horribly ridiculous when applied to characters like Herc and Superman.

carver9
Originally posted by psycho gundam
herculese could do it cause during wwh, banner said he was one of the people able to stop him, even though he beat his ass it's still valid.

Hercules probably could do it...not saying that he couldnt but my post wasn't to deny a strength ft from anyone, I am posting scans of raw strength. This isn't about who could probably do what, the thread starter asked for proof, so I'm giving it to him.

Can anyone match it?

carver9

That's not really anything to write home about.

He threw a mountain size object a couple of miles with ease destroying a nearby mountain and to add on to that, he was weakened tremendously while doing this.

Sr J-Bieb
He threw a mountain size object a couple of miles with ease Have you ever been right when you try to explain something?

Mr.Mxyzptlk
the weight/mass of the marvel universe can/could/and may have already been revealed. the weight of our known universe is supposed to be 100 trillion trillion trillion trillion tonnes.

Where?

And by who?

psycho gundam
the weight/mass of the marvel universe can/could/and may have already been revealed. the weight of our known universe is supposed to be 100 trillion trillion trillion trillion tonnes. wut?

Parmaniac
Where?

And by who?

Yesterday 11:37 PM

Wildernesss

h1a8

You'll never find nothing to surpass this outside of being a Skyfather. That's not a great feat. Nothing happened except that they were already in an unknown dimension. Weak. A dimension could be infinitesimal and you could be quoting a feat out of context. The atomic and magnetic force is stronger than the electric force. that was a really weak feat. Irrelevant since a lifting feat doesn't require any legs.
Nope. He doesn't.

leonidas
Superman.

-Pr-

hysterical

THAT? Oh gawd...

Pretty much. That would be like Grey Hulk tearing through an asteroid twice the size of earth.

Nice to know Hulk gets help but gets a pass, but you don't allow that for anyone else. thumb up

the very fact that superman was able to lift it proves it did not have infinite weight.

Flawed logic.

Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
LOL U CNT MATCH IT

laughing out loud

He threw a mountain size object a couple of miles with ease destroying a nearby mountain and to add on to that, he was weakened tremendously while doing this.

Still isn't unmatchable. Or that impressive for a herald, really.

--

Thank you Carver, I needed a good laugh today.

carver9
hysterical

THAT? Oh gawd...

Nice to know Hulk gets help but gets a pass, but you don't allow that for anyone else. thumb up

Flawed logic.

laughing out loud

Still isn't unmatchable. Or that impressive for a herald, really.

--

Thank you Carver, I needed a good laugh today.

Lol...can everyone please participate? I am the only one posting scans.

Nihilist
WTF Hulk never turned the dark dimension to dust with a thunderclap, he lit up the dark dimension.

-Pr-
Lol...can everyone please participate? I am the only one posting scans.

You should post actual relevant ones, though.

TheHulk
Who can lift (best lifting fts) the most and is really the strongest???

Hulk

Thor

Hercules

Superman

Damborgson
-cough cough- http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=556242 whistle

-Pr-
merging...

psycho gundam
^ really?

seems unnecessary

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>