Bastilla, Zannah vs. Mara Jade, Han Solo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zampanó
The confrontation takes place on G0T0's Yacht, exactly as found in KotOR II, replete with mines and bounty hunters.
http://www.gamebanshee.com/starwarskotorii/locations/maps/gotosyacht.jpg

Mara Jade and Han begin where the Exile boarded the ship.
Bastilla and Zannah are on the bridge and did not know anything about the two assassins until boarded.

PIS is in effect; characters will operate within the limits of Force users of their respective eras. (Han's carotid artery will not be shut with a thought, for example.)

Equipment:
Bastilla:
Dbl Bladed LightsaberCodes to the shipSkills and abilities
Zannah:
Dbl Bladed LightsaberSkills and abilities
Mara Jade:
Lightsaber, blaster, etc (as per Emperor's Hand Equipment mentioned in Sacrifice)Splicing Equipment (a la KotOR)Skills and abilities
Han Solo:
Full Mandalorian armor including helmet (360 degree visual)Blasters, as per standardTransponder to allow the Falcon to retain sensor lock through the cloakSkills and abilities

Are the skills and abilities Mara Jade and Han Solo use in canon enough to get through G0T0's Yacht to use those skills and abilities successfully against Bastilla and Zannah?

Like Advent, I intend to argue Bastilla as a fully substantiated character. I also believe that Mara Jade is a powerful combatant without the need for prep or ridiculous batmannery. I will argue against whatever position seems most popular at the time.

truejedi
I have no problem with using the OP to validate Bastilla actually. It's stated, we shall deal with it.

Lord Lucien
I'm still kicking myself for not finishing the Bane trilogy--if only so I can better argue the characters. But from what I've heard, Zannah has enough going for her. She and Bastila and the ship's defenses, I feel, could take Mara and Han out.

truejedi
Definitly. Zannah could go toe to toe with Bane without being killed. She also could take Solo out with one of her spells from wherever he happened to be on the ship. I find it hard to argue Bastilla's abilities, but no matter what her abilities, i think th game wants her to have enough ability that she could at least cross blades with Mara long enough for Zannah to take out force-defenseless Solo. Beyond that, I could see Zannah soloing Mara, so with Bastilla, it is over rather quickly.

Lord Lucien
On a totally related topic, I just have to point out that we're totally getting ahead of Star Wars tech.

Nephthys
From what I remember from LOTF Han is a pretty shitty assassin.

Edit: I want those age deceleration drugs.

Zampanó
Mara Jade is called a "High Level Jedi Master" in more than one source.

And she's got all the accouterments that she used against Jacen.

I kind of expect Han to be able to stall Bastilla while Mara Jade takes out Zannah. What makes you guys think that Mara couldn't do that?

truejedi
Zannah beat Bane. I know Mara is good, but not as good as Bane, i don't even think close. But I'm thinking Zannah takes out Solo, while Bastilla stalls Jade. That makes more tactical sense, since Zannah has Sith Sorcery that pretty much makes anyone without the force helpless against her.

Zampanó
Here's my problem with that:
Mara Jade is significantly more powerful in the Force than I'm willing to believe of Bastilla. Bastilla seems to have gotten a significant boost by falling Dark, but even then her best feats are on Dark Side nexuses. Mara Jade, on the other hand, is shown (for example) using three Master level techniques simultaneously, which I believe is more than enough to at least call her equal to Zannah, and definitely more talented than Bastilla.

In my evaluation, Mara can take out either of her two opponents individually. The challenge comes when they are in a team. And her considerable tactical expertise suggests that the intruders won't just barge into the bridge.

(I thought Han had a combat feat in armor against the Crazy Twi-Lek Sith, (Aleema Rar?) but now I'm not sure. Hasn't Han got anything to bring to the table? There are so many scenes that I skimmed in LotF.)

Nephthys
Mara is not at all equal to Zannah imo. If Bastila stays on the bridge and uses Battle Meditation then Zannah solos with ease.

What are the specifics of Mara using 3 Master level abilities at once?

truejedi
yeah, i really don't think Mara is Zannah's equal either... (and I LOVE mara)

Solo basically brings crazy Solo luck to the table, which in a narrative, is VERY important. The guy never loses. But in a versus forum? We would be like HWKA to try to make a supposition of what is going to happen to turn the fight in Solo's favor.

Zampanó
Apparently it was three Knight level abilities. Here's my favorite quote:

RE: Blaxican
Mara solo's by batmanning her way through the ship. With PIS on, both of the other women will play right into her hands.

Zampanó
Originally posted by truejedi
Zannah beat Bane. I know Mara is good, but not as good as Bane, i don't even think close.

Mara beat Caedus. I know Zannah is good, but not as good as Caedus, i don't even think close.

(This is my defense, but I'll try to put up a coherent argument within two days. I am officially checking out until then.)

truejedi
k, take it easy red. i would just like to point out that Mara did NOT beat caedus, so take that into account when you post a longer argument. : )

Stealth Moose
Solo Luck for the win. This is a ship, albeit not a ship of his generation, but he's an amazing mechanic and tech guy. I can see him doing something devious (and accidental) and taking away the advantage of the ship's defenses.

Nephthys
I don't see a way for Mara to logically beat Zannah personally. She cannot defeat her in lightsabers and she cannot overcome her in the Force.

Meanwhile Solo is more or less a non-factor imo.

Also the two are already at a disadvantage from having to fight through GOTOs yacht. And no doubt having to do so under the debilitating effects of Bastilas Battle Meditation.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Nephthys
I don't see a way for Mara to logically beat Zannah personally. She cannot defeat her in lightsabers and she cannot overcome her in the Force.

Meanwhile Solo is more or less a non-factor imo.

Also the two are already at a disadvantage from having to fight through GOTOs yacht. And no doubt having to do so under the debilitating effects of Bastilas Battle Meditation.

http://e1.statsheet.com/images/blog/hansolo.jpg

Nephthys
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_lavuKQf7uiI/TUwgGjo-zrI/AAAAAAAAABU/zEWUasR_zn8/s1600/633625787197893402-greedo.jpg

Stealth Moose
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_lavuKQf7uiI/TUwgGjo-zrI/AAAAAAAAABU/zEWUasR_zn8/s1600/633625787197893402-greedo.jpg

http://isviral.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/George-Lucas-Hand-Shot-First.jpg

It's canon, I win.

Nephthys
oh noes!

Turr_Phennir
TJ
i would just like to point out that Mara did NOT beat caedus,

It depends on how semantic you're willing to get. {Not that I'm condemning that.}

truejedi
i mean, when being dead at the end of a fight is a semantic...

Lucius
Originally posted by truejedi
i mean, when being dead at the end of a fight is a semantic...

A lot of things can happen between T1 and T2. What leads from A to B can be complex.

Nephthys
Mara lost to Jacens 3-arms. Just because he was born with an unfair advantage doesn't make his victory any less real.

Stealth Moose
Just because he was born withpossesses an unfair advantage doesn't make his victory any less real.

Exar Kun tee hee

Nephthys
I don't understand. Clearly Jacen is and always has been a mutant.

Also when he was a teenager he was a ninja.

Zampanó
yeppers

I'll have a real post by saturday.

Q99

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.