Worthy Attuma vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sr J-Bieb
Fight near a really nice body of water. I'm talking crystal clear h20 here

Absolutely no prep. No BFR. No minions

Thor has an unponyable ponytail that never unponies so it keeps out of his face

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor one shot kills him.

OneDumbG0
^ I'd disagree. I'd also say that if Namor managed to plunge Poseidon's trident into Thor's chest, Thor'd be in a buttload of trouble.

Damborgson
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb

Thor has an unponyable ponytail that never unponies so it keeps out of his face I was going to say Attuma but then I read this so Thor 10/10

Rage.Of.Olympus
I don't think Attuma is any more powerful than Worthy Thing. I doubt he'd do better against Thor either. At least that's the vibe I got from Fraction.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I don't think Attuma is any more powerful than Worthy Thing. I doubt he'd do better against Thor either. At least that's the vibe I got from Fraction. May I ask what Thing has done IYO what makes him so powerful?

zopzop
Thor annihilates him. They not in the same class power wise.

OneDumbG0
I don't think Attuma is any more powerful than Worthy Thing. I doubt he'd do better against Thor either. At least that's the vibe I got from Fraction. Angrir beat the phuck out of Rulk. Namor underwater also beat the phuck out of Rulk. Namor underwater, however, got his butt handed to him by Nerkkod. Nerkkod owned the hell out of Alpha Flight and Atlantis and was taking it to the Defenders also.

I don't put Nerkkod that much higher than Angrir but I think Angrir doesn't get a lot of credit. Something that I think may have been lost during Fear Itself is that Angrir fought a great deal amongst the Worthy (Future Foundation, Rulk, Spider Man) so I think it's fair to say that he was weakened by the time he faced Thor (particularly since Spider Man was actually hurting him).

dmills
It's not as though Thor beat Angrir with pure power anyway. Mjolnir busted through him from behind. But it wasn't as though Thor over powered him and shoved Mjolnir down his throat or anything shifty

zopzop
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Angrir beat the phuck out of Rulk. Namor underwater also beat the phuck out of Rulk. Namor underwater, however, got his butt handed to him by Nerkkod. Nerkkod owned the hell out of Alpha Flight and Atlantis and was taking it to the Defenders also.

I don't put Nerkkod that much higher than Angrir but I think Angrir doesn't get a lot of credit. Something that I think may have been lost during Fear Itself is that Angrir fought a great deal amongst the Worthy (Future Foundation, Rulk, Spider Man) so I think it's fair to say that he was weakened by the time he faced Thor (particularly since Spider Man was actually hurting him).

Regarding the Rulk/Angrir fight, you forgot to mention that Rulk wasn't using his energy absorption powers for fear of being stuck in Rulk form. So he wasn't using all his powers vs a bloodlusted opponent.

And Namor underwater isn't' invincible or all powerful. I remember that FF issue where they found Jean's cocoon underwater and attempted to retrieve it. It left off some energy attacks and all the Avengers including Namor were frozen in place and unable to push forward. Hercules muscled his way through and reached the cocoon. Herc > Namor underwater (in terms of strength at least).

vansonbee
Namor gets a boost underwater, but Rulk underwater gets a minus...

leonidas
Originally posted by zopzop
Herc > Namor underwater (in terms of strength at least).

yes

gogogadgetgo
Thor took on two worthy's at the same time and won. thats saying how powerful he is compared to the worthies. Thor wins.

carver9
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
Thor took on two worthy's at the same time and won. thats saying how powerful he is compared to the worthies. Thor wins.

He snuck attack one and bfred the other. Not a display of power if you ask me. Then one of them, he admitted he couldn't beat.

Thor is losing this fight. The only Worthy I would give him the edge against is Worthy Thing, Titania, and that's about it and even then, minus sneak attacks, he would have the fight of his life.

Slaanesh
probably Attuma..

JakeTheBank
Thor, but I think Attuma gives him a good fight.

nwg202
Attuma was going against Namor, Strange, loa, THE SURFER and the other defenders. He was able to regen his hand after loa took it off. I doubt that angrir one shot of Thor will work on him.

I don't think its the stomp everybody thinks it is. unless attuma going against all the defenders is PIS...

Bentley
The Surfer just got hit by Nekrod, hardly a fight. The one to ultimately putting him out of comission was Namor.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Angrir beat the phuck out of Rulk. Namor underwater also beat the phuck out of Rulk. Namor underwater, however, got his butt handed to him by Nerkkod. Nerkkod owned the hell out of Alpha Flight and Atlantis and was taking it to the Defenders also.

If there was ever an example of why ABC logic can be horrible, this is it. Here's there fight:
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/9256/hulk27023.th.jpghttp://img207.imageshack.us/img207/6765/hulk27024.th.jpghttp://img854.imageshack.us/img854/5895/hulk28003.th.jpghttp://img843.imageshack.us/img843/7537/hulk28004.th.jpg

As you can see, Namor sucker punched Rulk and destroyed his breathing apparatus. He then attacked him a few times while he desperately tried to get to the surface.

On the other hand, he went toe to toe with Nerkkod who has no need for air and got his ass handed to him. I'd wager he'd get wrecked by Angrir as well.

Substitute Nerkkod for Angrir and the fight wouldn't have gone any different. I don't think either of the two is more powerful. Thor even referred to Angrir and Nul as the Serpent's two greatest fear mongers. Take that as you will.

I....I don't even know how to respond to that.

You have to be trolling here. You can't possibly be suggesting that Fraction wrote that fight with Angrir being weakened?

Not only is that some horrible reasoning, but it sets you down one hell of a slippery slope

Rage.Of.Olympus
I'm really having trouble taking this argument seriously unless you have some hard evidence ODG.

Suggesting Angrir was intended to be weakened and believing this is justified by what some might perceive a low showing is imho silly.

Each of the Worthy fought various heroes/teams across different books (Some even more than Angrir such as Kuurth and Nerkkod) and I don't think the Worthy were intended to be weaker in a single one of those fights.

I guess it makes sense that eventually they should get worn down but it's comics.

I can only imagine you'd chastise me if I suggested Odin was severely weakened in his battle with Galactus. After all, he died fighting against Surtur while noticeably depleted, was reborn and immediately fought the World Eaters without any reprieve. So I think it's fair to say that he was weakened by the time he faced the Devourer of Worlds (Particularly since getting hit by a spear was actually hurting him).

On top of that, Fraction doesn't exactly adhere to continuity.

gogogadgetgo
Originally posted by carver9
He snuck attack one and bfred the other. Not a display of power if you ask me. Then one of them, he admitted he couldn't beat.

Thor is losing this fight. The only Worthy I would give him the edge against is Worthy Thing, Titania, and that's about it and even then, minus sneak attacks, he would have the fight of his life.

you do realize that he fought both of them at the same time before doing away with worthy thing. then going the distance before wtf pawning worthy hulk into orbit?

and thor goes, i cant beat you, hulk goes i knew, thor goes did you now, then goes ahead and wtf sends worthy hulk into orbit.

thor > all the worthies, except maybe worthy jugs while he still had the backing of cytorak.

and also ignore the fact that before the fight thor has been tossed around by odin and the serpent and then goes to confront the two.

carver9
you do realize that he fought both of them at the same time before doing away with worthy thing. then going the distance before wtf pawning worthy hulk into orbit?

and thor goes, i cant beat you, hulk goes i knew, thor goes did you now, then goes ahead and wtf sends worthy hulk into orbit.

thor > all the worthies, except maybe worthy jugs while he still had the backing of cytorak.

Let's not pretend like Thor was owning both of them when they were there. When they both arrived, in the beginning, Thor didn't even land a single hit. He got hammer slapped by Hulk and then got hit by a lightning attack from thing. He then sneak attack thing from behind with his hammer which took thing out of the fight.

He then hit Hulk repeatedly "without holding back" which appeared to do more damage to Thor than the other way around...it TAXED him whereas Hulk was standing above him like nothing happened. Hulk and Thor then charge each other and Thor hits him with a Void/ Chaos King size lightning attack which sends Hulk flying (but he was still consious after this...100% basically...running through the entire Vampire nation with a smile on his face). Thor is then rescued because his bfr option that he did on Nul almost killed him and would have killed him if his friends wasn't there. Hulk durability almost laid waste to Thor.

What book did you read?

carver9
Your argument is like me saying "since Wolverine took on Sabertooth, Lady Deathstrike, Omega Red by himself, without a healing factor and got beat up pretty bad but landed some licks, he is superior. Let's not forget that by the end of that book, him and Sabertooth fought solo and Sabertooth killed him by plunging his hand into Logan heart...let's reminisce on the fact that Logan fought 3 individuals by himself and got curb stomped but still beat them via plot." Wolverine without a healing factor>>>>Omega Red, Sabertooth, and Lady Deathstrike combined.

Thanks for letting me know this.

gogogadgetgo
Your argument is like me saying "since Wolverine took on Sabertooth, Lady Deathstrike, Omega Red by himself, without a healing factor and got beat up pretty bad but landed some licks, he is superior. Let's not forget that by the end of that book, him and Sabertooth fought solo and Sabertooth killed him by plunging his hand into Logan heart...let's reminisce on the fact that Logan fought 3 individuals by himself and got curb stomped but still beat them via plot." Wolverine without a healing factor>>>>Omega Red, Sabertooth, and Lady Deathstrike combined.

Thanks for letting me know this.

let me first reply with this

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd89/ils411/FI_5_Oroboros_CPS_006.gif

sooo...thor didnt land a single hit eh...lightning attack from thing eh... laughing

then lets look at this
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd89/ils411/FI_5_Oroboros_CPS_028.gif

so, hulk looked like nothing happened eh laughing

thanks for proving that you dont actually read comics, also proves that you didnt read fear itself and are just pretending to know but infact you know shit laughing

carver9
Almost forgot...let's not pretend like Thor was pounding on a Worthy that was paying him any attention. Nul was in shock that Thor took out Thing and was turned around looking at a dying Ben on the ground and Thor took advantage of this opportunity (which did him no good).

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/2695/thorvshulkandthing4.jpg

iceman24567
Thor was still injured before fighting the Worthy not worn out or tired but INJURED and he still handed both of them their asses

gogogadgetgo
Let's not pretend like Thor was owning both of them when they were there. When they both arrived, in the beginning, Thor didn't even land a single hit. He got hammer slapped by Hulk and then got hit by a lightning attack from thing. He then sneak attack thing from behind with his hammer which took thing out of the fight.

He then hit Hulk repeatedly "without holding back" which appeared to do more damage to Thor than the other way around...it TAXED him whereas Hulk was standing above him like nothing happened. Hulk and Thor then charge each other and Thor hits him with a Void/ Chaos King size lightning attack which sends Hulk flying (but he was still consious after this...100% basically...running through the entire Vampire nation with a smile on his face). Thor is then rescued because his bfr option that he did on Nul almost killed him and would have killed him if his friends wasn't there. Hulk durability almost laid waste to Thor.

What book did you read?

in the event that you try to weasel your way out and try to edit your ignorance, i shall quote you to preserve your it for all times laughing

thing with the lightning and thor not hitting once...classic

iceman24567
Lulz at carver downplaying/lowballing another character to wank Hulk woe is me laughing

carver9
let me first reply with this

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd89/ils411/FI_5_Oroboros_CPS_006.gif

sooo...thor didnt land a single hit eh...lightning attack from thing eh... laughing

then lets look at this

so, hulk looked like nothing happened eh laughing

thanks for proving that you dont actually read comics, also proves that you didnt read fear itself and are just pretending to know but infact you know shit laughing

Making Hulk bleed "isn't a ft and it isn't hard to do. Hell, a couple of low level Vampire drew blood from Hulks mouth. Hulk was standing there like nothing happened to him physically. Of course Thor can scratch him...especially a non-holding back Thor but if Spider Woman can damage his skin, Thor should be capable of doing this as well. Scratching Hulk isn't the issue, getting past his healing factor is.

As for your first scan...hammer toss...you got me there.

iceman24567
in the event that you try to weasel your way out and try to edit your ignorance, i shall quote you to preserve your it for all times laughing

thing with the lightning and thor not hitting once...classic I actually bought Feat itself 5 and 6 because i wanted physical proof of Thor being da man i should have bought 4 for Thors "Do i look afraid?" line but the store clerk had some nice knockers and i forgot

carver9
Originally posted by iceman24567
Thor was still injured before fighting the Worthy not worn out or tired but INJURED and he still handed both of them their asses

There is no proof that the injury is still there and there is no proof that it is doing anything to his performance, especially during that fight.

iceman24567
Making Hulk bleed "isn't a ft and it isn't hard to do. Hell, a couple of low level Vampire drew blood from Hulks mouth. Hulk was standing there like nothing happened to him physically. Of course Thor can scratch him...especially a non-holding back Thor but if Spider Woman can damage his skin, Thor should be capable of doing this as well. Scratching Hulk isn't the issue, getting past his healing factor is.

As for your first scan...hammer toss...you got me there. Its not only.his hf anymore he has protective enchantments all over him

iceman24567
There is no proof that the injury is still there and there is no proof that it is doing anything to his performance, especially during that fight. Thor was never healed from his "strange wound" and by his own words it hurts he just has no choice but to fight

carver9

thing with the lightning and thor not hitting once...classic

There is no weaseling out. You are using a fight that has no aid for Thor at all. Thor almost died and then you used a hammer toss as evidence of Thor winning THIS fight (even though I give Thor the majority).

There are so many examples of similar situations that its ridiculous but at the end of the day, that characters power level remain the same.

carver9
Originally posted by iceman24567
Its not only.his hf anymore he has protective enchantments all over him

I agree but like I said before, cutting him isn't the issue at all...dropping him is the issue.

Hulk still have his healing factor even though you are correct about the protective enchantments.

gogogadgetgo

As for your first scan...hammer toss...you got me there.

so..it begins... laughing

your argument was..."like nothing happened".. by definition, like nothing happened would mean that hulk would still look as clean and dandy as if he was never in a fight

but look and behold..bloody, cut and worn out. tsk tsk tsk

gogogadgetgo
There is no weaseling out. You are using a fight that has no aid for Thor at all. Thor almost died and then you used a hammer toss as evidence of Thor winning THIS fight (even though I give Thor the majority).

There are so many examples of similar situations that its ridiculous but at the end of the day, that characters power level remain the same.

and hare again we have a classic example of putting words into someone else's mouth when it was clear that i posted the scan to prove that thor did get a hit in and that hulk didn't look like "nothing happened"

again, classic

carver9
so..it begins... laughing

your argument was..."like nothing happened".. by definition, like nothing happened would mean that hulk would still look as clean and dandy as if he was never in a fight

but look and behold..bloody, cut and worn out. tsk tsk tsk

Never said Thor couldn't give him a paper cut...its freaking Thor that was going all out. Hulk wasn't fatigued at all and didn't show a sign of being hurt. If scratches help you feel better, make you feel like Thor accomplished something, then more power to ya.

carver9
and hare again we have a classic example of putting words into someone else's mouth when it was clear that i posted the scan to prove that thor did get a hit in and that hulk didn't look like "nothing happened"

again, classic

Bad news...its not hard to damage Hulk or make him bleed. He is still pretty much unstoppable.

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/4182/worthyhulk.jpg

Blood is coming from his back like rain drops but that smile has as of yet to leave his face and he is still 100%.

gogogadgetgo
Never said Thor couldn't give him a paper cut...its freaking Thor that was going all out. Hulk wasn't fatigued at all and didn't show a sign of being hurt. If scratches help you feel better, make you feel like Thor accomplished something, then more power to ya.

classic... if pretending that hulk was not tolled by his fight with thor helps you sleep at night then sure, be my guest.

laughing

carver9
classic... if pretending that hulk was not tolled by his fight with thor helps you sleep at night then sure, be my guest.

laughing

What fight were you looking at?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Oh Carver.

carver9
Oh Carver.

I already gave Thor the win here. No reason in saying what you said. I would give Thor the win over all of them minus Nul, Kuruuth, and POSSIBLY abosrbing man. The rest he wins at least 6 or 7/10. I agree with ODG though...minus the sneak attack and the fact that Thing was consistently fighting, he could have either stalemated Thor by himself of given Thor a hellava fight imo...and could possibly beat Thor (not for the majority).

the Darkone
Thor smite his a$$!

-K-M-
Attuma looked damn impressive against Alpha Flight. No way is this a blowout.

Damborgson
What fight were you looking at? http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/1781/fi5oroboroscps014.jpg this one. PERSONALLY I think that hurt him a little.

carver9
Originally posted by Damborgson
http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/1781/fi5oroboroscps014.jpg this one. PERSONALLY I think that hurt him a little.

I don't know. A word didn't come out of his mouth during all of that pounding and as soon as it was over, he bounced back up on both foot like it didn't happen.

Damborgson
I don't know. A word didn't come out of his mouth during all of that pounding and as soon as it was over, he bounced back up on both foot like it didn't happen. A word didnt come out here either: http://insidepulse.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/FI_5_013-500x363.jpg I assume that hurt him a bit also. Usually when blood starts coming out while being hammered on by Thor, the person getting hammered is being hurt. Especially seeing as how he gor launched off the building, was hit hard enough to drop his hammer, etc..

my understanding was that their was an off panel battle battle in addition to the on panel one. Thor hit hulk again a couple times in order to get him bleeding again and Hulk physically wore Thor down.

DickBlazer

+1. Straight up no bfr Thor would have his hands full with one worthy. Never mind two. And I do believe the worthy have different power levels

Damborgson
Originally posted by DickBlazer
+1. Straight up no bfr Thor would have his hands full with one worthy. Never mind two. And I do believe the worthy have different power levels so in your opinion Titania is the equal of hulk as worthy? no expression mkay...

carver9
A word didnt come out here either: http://insidepulse.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/FI_5_013-500x363.jpg I assume that hurt him a bit also. Usually when blood starts coming out while being hammered on by Thor, the person getting hammered is being hurt. Especially seeing as how he gor launched off the building, was hit hard enough to drop his hammer, etc..

my understanding was that their was an off panel battle battle in addition to the on panel one. Thor hit hulk again a couple times in order to get him bleeding again and Hulk physically wore Thor down.

Nul has bled against almost everyone he fought. Hulk was on two ft after all of this and didn't show a single sign of fatigue. Thor knocking a Nul that wasn't paying attention isn't something that anyone is saying was/is impossible but we do know that Nul tanked an attack that dropped Void and busted through Chaos King.

carver9
so in your opinion Titania is the equal of hulk as worthy? no expression mkay...

Naah, there is a power difference imo. The writer even stated that one of them are more powerful than all of them combined.

JakeTheBank
I hope to god no one is implying Thor didn't hurt Nul with his series of strikes. He even managed to disarm him, albeit briefly.

Sr J-Bieb
A word didnt come out here either: http://insidepulse.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/FI_5_013-500x363.jpg I assume that hurt him a bit also. Not even a little

If you examine it closely, you can clearly see no word came out. Carver rules indicate it didn't hurt more than a needle would us

Damborgson
Nul has bled against almost everyone he fought. Hulk was on two ft after all of this and didn't show a single sign of fatigue. Thor knocking a Nul that wasn't paying attention isn't something that anyone is saying was/is impossible but we do know that Nul tanked an attack that dropped Void and busted through Chaos King. How was he not paying attention lol? Cmon man....its pretty f*cking obvious that the hulk didnt take that in the best of shape. Its not the same as when he fought that elite vampire. He was getting hit hard and its obvious that that is the most damage he has taken from anyone in Fear Itself. It hurt him. Nothing more to it.

I refuse to respond to that any further. Im sorry. you cant truly believe that that was the same attack used on the void or much less Chaos king.

Damborgson
Naah, there is a power difference imo. The writer even stated that one of them are more powerful than all of them combined. i think its pretty obvious that there is lol.

Fraction said that?

JakeTheBank
How was he not paying attention lol? Cmon man....its pretty f*cking obvious that the hulk didnt take that in the best of shape. Its not the same as when he fought that elite vampire. He was getting hit hard and its obvious that that is the most damage he has taken from anyone in Fear Itself. It hurt him. Nothing more to it.

I refuse to respond to that any further. Im sorry. But you cant truly believe that that was the same attack used on the void or much less Chaos king.

Carver's trolling brings all the posters to the yard

Damborgson
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Not even a little

If you examine it closely, you can clearly see no word came out. Carver rules indicate it didn't hurt more than a needle would us well when you put it that way what can I say? Gotta accept it and move i suppose....

carver9
How was he not paying attention lol? Cmon man....its pretty f*cking obvious that the hulk didnt take that in the best of shape. Its not the same as when he fought that elite vampire. He was getting hit hard and its obvious that that is the most damage he has taken from anyone in Fear Itself. It hurt him. Nothing more to it.

I refuse to respond to that any further. Im sorry. you cant truly believe that that was the same attack used on the void or much less Chaos king.

I agree to an extent. He might did hurt Nul but its not something that is "obvious" to me. Nul got up almost immediately after those attacks. Why wasn't that attack Chaos King or Void level?

carver9
I posted the scan showing Nul was turned around.

Damborgson
I agree to an extent. He might did hurt Nul but its not something that is "obvious" to me. Nul got up almost immediately after those attacks. Why wasn't that attack Chaos King or Void level? well not much i can do about that unfortunately...cant force something to be obvious to you. Anyways like i said there was an off panel battle in addition to the on panel one. Thats where they hurt each other respectively more imo. Otherwise hulk would have healed his wounds already and Thor wouldnt be as hurt as he was.

well look at the scans. :http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/5246/siege01009.jpg that lightning bolt was not only bigger than the one that hit hulk but it was less powerful than this: http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/2731/siege01022.jpg

and to give you an idea of just how huge the lightning that Thor let loose on Chaos King was, look at how big CK was at the time. http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/56665/1525042-04._chaos_king_super.jpg

Damborgson
I posted the scan showing Nul was turned around. then he turned around again to impact his face against thor's hammer

Sr J-Bieb
I agree to an extent. He might did hurt Nul but its not something that is "obvious" to me. Nul got up almost immediately after those attacks. Why wasn't that attack Chaos King or Void level? Because Thor put a lightning bolt through a multiversal entity...

carver9
well not much i can do about that unfortunately...cant force something to be obvious to you. Anyways like i said there was an off panel battle in addition to the on panel one. Thats where they hurt each other respectively more imo. Otherwise hulk would have healed his wounds already and Thor wouldnt be as hurt as he was.

well look at the scans. :http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/5246/siege01009.jpg that lightning bolt was not only bigger than the one that hit hulk but it was less powerful than this: http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/2731/siege01022.jpg

and to give you an idea of just how huge the lightning that Thor let loose on Chaos King was, look at how big CK was at the time. http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/56665/1525042-04._chaos_king_super.jpg

Thor had no reason to hold any power back from Nul and admitted that he wanted to kill him. Why wouldn't he hit him with his most powerful attack. The length of the blast resembled and the entire area blew up from the impact.

It's not hard to damage Nul outer shell but his recovery after the attack/hammer shots was almost instantly.

Damborgson
Thor had no reason to hold any power back from Nul and admitted that he wanted to kill him. Why wouldn't he hit him with his most powerful attack. The length of the blast resembled and the entire area blew up from the impact.

It's not hard to damage Nul outer shell but his recovery after the attack/hammer shots was almost instantly. yeah he admitted the same thing here also: http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsHulk40.jpg do you see that as Thor's most powerful lightning bolt? Thing is Thor proved to have superior lightning bolts than the one used on Nul. It did resemble it but I think its safe to say that it was noticeably weaker. Its not a WEAK lightning bolt thats for sure. And it shows what a beast Nul was to only get KO'd/heavily stunned for a few moments. a small one knocked savage hulk out like a light.

carver9
yeah he admitted the same thing here also: http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsHulk40.jpg do you see that as Thor's most powerful lightning bolt? Thing is Thor proved to have superior lightning bolts than the one used on Nul. It did resemble it but I think its safe to say that it was noticeably weaker. Its not a WEAK lightning bolt thats for sure. And it shows what a beast Nul was to only get KO'd/heavily stunned for a few moments. a small one knocked savage hulk out like a light.

Nul wasn't koed...you are the only one that say this.

Damborgson
Nul wasn't koed...you are the only one that say this. Yes he was. You are the only one who thinks he wasnt...I can make terrible generalizations also. :/

carver9
Yes he was. You are the only one who thinks he wasnt...I can make terrible generalizations also. :/

I don't know where you get the idea he was koed.

nwg202
Without BFR Thor would have his hands full with some of the Worthy
Nul, Kuurth and Attuma. They all been battling numerous powerful teams thought out this event.

I'm not saying Thor can't win (although Kuurth w/both Cyttorak and the Serpents power looked awfully tough) but it won't be a walk in the park by any means.

Nul, Kuurth and Attuma can regen so i doubt that angir one shot can happen to them. They would just heal

Damborgson
I don't know where you get the idea he was koed. http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/8851/fi5oroboroscps031.jpg Hulk woke up when he was burning in the atmosphere.

carver9
http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/8851/fi5oroboroscps031.jpg Hulk woke up when he was burning in the atmosphere.

He was trying to talk while he was outside of the atmosphere (speech bubbles) but due to no air, he couldn't say nothing.

He wasn't koed.

nwg202
The Thor Nul fight is similar to the Colossus vs Kuurth fight.

If you read the text both Colossus and Thor seemed to be saying their opponents were more powerful.

If you look at the Art both Colossus and Thor were owning Kuurth and Nul.

Both Kuurth and Nul were BFR'd

I guess the writers wanted it to be vague and as open ended as possible since both juggs and hulk have big fan bases..

JakeTheBank
Yeah, Fraction was asked if Thor's comment concerning Hulk was Thor's honest opinion reflecting their long time rivalry or if he said it to bait Hulk into attacking him to which he responded "you tell me" or something similar.

carver9
Originally posted by nwg202
The Thor Nul fight is similar to the Colossus vs Kuurth fight.

If you read the text both Colossus and Thor seemed to be saying their opponents were more powerful.

If you look at the Art both Colossus and Thor were owning Kuurth and Nul.

Both Kuurth and Nul were BFR'd

I guess the writers wanted it to be vague and as open ended as possible since both juggs and hulk have big fan bases..

Pretty much.

And to add on to this...Thor was at the brink of death after his fight against Nul while Nul is taking on an entire race of Super Humans.

Damborgson
He was trying to talk while he was outside of the atmosphere (speech bubbles) but due to no air, he couldn't say nothing.

He wasn't koed. when was the last time the "no air" rule was respected? The same writer decided not count it during the MIghty Thor series.

Damborgson
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Yeah, Fraction was asked if Thor's comment concerning Hulk was Thor's honest opinion reflecting their long time rivalry or if he said it to bait Hulk into attacking him to which he responded "you tell me" or something similar. ....? What the f**k? he actually responded "you tell me" ? -sigh-

carver9
when was the last time the "no air" rule was respected? The same writer decided not count it during the MIghty Thor series.

It has happened on multiple of occasions and I don't think you know the definition of "koed". There wouldn't have been any speech bubbles if he was koed and reentry wouldn't have awaken him.

vansonbee
when was the last time the "no air" rule was respected? The same writer decided not count it during the MIghty Thor series. When was the last time Hulk spoke in space without any assistants?

Even I've to agree with Caver9 here.

JakeTheBank
....? What the f**k? he actually responded "you tell me" ? -sigh-

Yeah, it was on Marvel.com in an interview.

And as far as talking in space goes, Thor and other cosmic based characters have had a history of doing it. I'd figure Hulk as Nul is essentially an Asgardian demi-god, so him speaking in space makes sense as normal laws of physics and science means jack shit to most gods.

Damborgson
It has happened on multiple of occasions and I don't think you know the definition of "koed". There wouldn't have been any speech bubbles if he was koed and reentry wouldn't have awaken him. http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/baka.gif thank you for that vivid example. Its fraction. Thats his style. Just look at the Galactus Odin fight. empty speech bubble or "..." is his way of saying KO. So burning up in the atmosphere in your opinion does not wake hulk up? Your trying to hard man...

Damborgson
Originally posted by vansonbee
When was the last time Hulk spoke in space without any assistants?

Even I've to agree with Caver9 here. http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsRulk06.jpg

suppose you could get real technical with me and say thats not hulk but that A HULK talking in space without air no?

carver9
http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/baka.gif thank you for that vivid example. Its fraction. Thats his style. Just look at the Galactus Odin fight. empty speech bubble or "..." is his way of saying KO. So burning up in the atmosphere in your opinion does not wake hulk up? Your trying to hard man...

It didnt wake Diana up when Superman knocked her from the sun to Earth. Reentry isn't nothing for someone like Hulk...he doesn't feel heat. There are times where they followed the law of space and being unable to talk. That Rulk example isn't a good example. We have no telling where they were during those scans.

carver9
Reentry does nothing to Hulk.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/Hulk/hulkreentry1.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/Hulk/hulkreentry2.jpg

Damborgson
It didnt wake Diana up when Superman knocked her from the sun to Earth. Reentry isn't nothing for someone like Hulk...he doesn't feel heat. There are times where they followed the law of space and being unable to talk. That Rulk example isn't a good example. We have no telling where they were during those scans. would you consider that maybe the damage wasgreater than that which hulk received? Wtf? What do you mean he doesn't feel heat? Cmon man........................rulk jumped up through the clouds said there was zero gravity and that he had to hold his breath........where do you think they were?

Damborgson
Reentry does nothing to Hulk.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/Hulk/hulkreentry1.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/Hulk/hulkreentry2.jpg ok? According to you he doesn't feel that? Yeesh....

carver9
ok? According to you he doesn't feel that? Yeesh....

Warp core bomb. Hulk didn't even register the heat. Hulk didn't feel reentry and your space argument is nonsense.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/Hulk/hulkdurability.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/Hulk/hulkdurability1.jpg

Damborgson
Warp core bomb. Hulk didn't even register the heat. Hulk didn't feel reentry and your space argument is nonsense.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/Hulk/hulkdurability.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/
Hulk/hulkdurability1.jpg he was also burned
by lava in that same series. I wonder if he can feel heat.... laughing out loud you get proved wrong and my argument becomes nonsense...mkay. I think we are done here. These arguments on your part are getting worse as the debate continues. Later

carver9
he was also burned
by lava in that same series. I wonder if he can feel heat.... laughing out loud you get proved wrong and my argument becomes nonsense...mkay. I think we are done here. These arguments on your part are getting worse as the debate continues. Later

His hair got burned. I showed you a scan of reentry not doing anything to him...he smiled the entire way down. He was hit by a warp core bomb that did nothing to him. What more do you want?

Damborgson
His hair got burned. I showed you a scan of reentry not doing anything to him...he smiled the entire way down. He was hit by a warp core bomb that did nothing to him. What more do you want? see above please

carver9
see above please

Come on Damborgson, don't give up on me bro. Back up your case.

Damborgson
Come on Damborgson, don't give up on me bro. Back up your case. laughing out loud see the last two pages. Filling two more with the same arguing back and forth will have the same result. We'll have many more debates but I can tell logic isnt going to work with you on this one...

carver9
laughing out loud see the last two pages. Filling two more with the same arguing back and forth will have the same result. We'll have many more debates but I can tell logic isnt going to work with you on this one...

Sigh*

Damborgson
Sigh* I think we are startong to understand each other bro. stick out tongue

carver9
I think we are startong to understand each other bro. stick out tongue

http://img125.imagevenue.com/view.php?image=95401_AA-WWH02-020-21_122_619lo.jpg

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by zopzop
Regarding the Rulk/Angrir fight, you forgot to mention that Rulk wasn't using his energy absorption powers for fear of being stuck in Rulk form. So he wasn't using all his powers vs a bloodlusted opponent.

And Namor underwater isn't' invincible or all powerful. I remember that FF issue where they found Jean's cocoon underwater and attempted to retrieve it. It left off some energy attacks and all the Avengers including Namor were frozen in place and unable to push forward. Hercules muscled his way through and reached the cocoon. Herc > Namor underwater (in terms of strength at least). I don't understand the pertinence of this fact. Rulk wasn't using his absorption powers against Namor underwater either. You've made an unextraordinary statement of fact.

When underwater, he's kicked the crap out of Rulk, Savage Hulk, Iron Man, Dr. Doom, etc. He gets a huge boost underwater. You could argue that Namor underwater is more powerful than Hercules because Hercules has never defeated Savage Hulk outright whereas Namor has (twice) while underwater. But again, these are (or should be) unextraordinary statements of fact to us. Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
If there was ever an example of why ABC logic can be horrible, this is it. Here's there fight:

As you can see, Namor sucker punched Rulk and destroyed his breathing apparatus. He then attacked him a few times while he desperately tried to get to the surface.

On the other hand, he went toe to toe with Nerkkod who has no need for air and got his ass handed to him. I'd wager he'd get wrecked by Angrir as well. Ok, you have a point. At the same time, Namor underwater beat Savage Hulk straight-up without having to resort to exploiting his need for air. Namor is really impressive underwater. I'll leave it at that, lest we trigger carver9's gamma sense. Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Substitute Nerkkod for Angrir and the fight wouldn't have gone any different. I don't think either of the two is more powerful. Thor even referred to Angrir and Nul as the Serpent's two greatest fear mongers. Take that as you will.

I....I don't even know how to respond to that.

You have to be trolling here. You can't possibly be suggesting that Fraction wrote that fight with Angrir being weakened?

Not only is that some horrible reasoning, but it sets you down one hell of a slippery slope I disagree. Nerkkod's got better feats. I'll take Thor's statement for what it is, a statement.

I'm suggesting it because it's possible and that it makes sense to me. And I don't think it's a slippery slope. You'd agree that they're not all as powerful or invulnerable as each other. And, you'd agree that at least two of them have definitively been shown to weaken over time (Kuurth and Nerkkod). And you'd agree (although maybe you didn't make this argument), that Thor himself could possibly have not been 100% having stormed the Serpent's lair and being pimpslapped back to Earth.

So I don't see any reason to equalize them. I agree that they're all Thor-level, but I don't take this generalization so seriously that I'm compelled to utterly homogenize them or consider their power level to be static. In the end, this is all slightly off-topic. Simply put, I found what Nerkkod did was more impressive than what Angrir did. Hence, my opinion.

zopzop
I don't understand the pertinence of this fact. Rulk wasn't using his absorption powers against Namor underwater either. You've made an unextraordinary statement of fact.

When underwater, he's kicked the crap out of Rulk, Savage Hulk, Iron Man, Dr. Doom, etc. He gets a huge boost underwater. You could argue that Namor underwater is more powerful than Hercules because Hercules has never defeated Savage Hulk outright whereas Namor has (twice) while underwater. But again, these are (or should be) unextraordinary statements of fact to us. Ok, you have a point. At the same time, Namor underwater beat Savage Hulk straight-up without having to resort to exploiting his need for air. Namor is really impressive underwater. I'll leave it at that, lest we trigger carver9's gamma sense. I disagree. Nerkkod's got better feats. I'll take Thor's statement for what it is, a statement.

A) I merely pointed out that Rulk wasn't using all the powers at his disposal during the Worthy Thing fight.

B) When they found the Jean/Phoenix cocoon underwater, all the Avengers, Namor included, were held powerless and unable to advance, EXCEPT Herc. He muscled through the energy and got to the cocoon.

Neither of those two points are lies or exaggerations so I don't know what you keep attacking me when I bring them up.

OneDumbG0
^ I similarly don't know what you're trying to attack with your points. Both Namor underwater and Angrir owned Rulk. And both times Rulk didn't use his energy absorption powers. So what's the point of mentioning his non-use of energy absorption powers against Angrir? Nothing, it seems.

Having no real recollection of the event you're referring to, I'm compelled to accept your account of it. Even so, I again don't see the point. Neither you, nor I can point out a situation that definitively proves Namor underwater is stronger than Hercules or vice-versa. That's because situations exist on both sides that would tend to prove either position, e.g., Namor underwater defeating Hulk straight-up. So what's the point of bringing up just one of those sides? Nothing, it seems.

I'm not attacking you. Just characterizing your two assertions as completely unextraordinary. And that they were seemingly, posted to counter (what I thought to be) my own completely unextraordinary assertions, i.e., Namor underwater is really powerful.

zopzop
Having no real recollection of the event you're referring to, I'm compelled to accept your account of it. Even so, I again don't see the point. Neither you, nor I can point out a situation that definitively proves Namor underwater is stronger than Hercules or vice-versa. That's because situations exist on both sides that would tend to prove either position, e.g., Namor underwater defeating Hulk straight-up. So what's the point of bringing up just one of those sides? Nothing, it seems.

Here :
http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/clokeagne_supernova/Namor%20Respect/Avengers263a.jpg

Gotten from here (comparing Herc and Namor)
http://herochat.com/forum/index.php?topic=211938.0;wap2

OneDumbG0
^ Thanks. I'm curious whether that came at a time where Namor was constantly morose and doubting himself though. He went through one of those phases around that time.

If you're interested in further discussion on this (as that second link seems to suggest), you might be interested in namorsubby's position here:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=12657733& amp;highlight=namor+hercules+underwater#post126577

Rage.Of.Olympus
Ok, you have a point. At the same time, Namor underwater beat Savage Hulk straight-up without having to resort to exploiting his need for air. Namor is really impressive underwater. I'll leave it at that, lest we trigger carver9's gamma sense.

That is true but I'd argue that Rulk is above the standard Savage Hulk. At least that seems to be Bendis' opinion with Loeb whispering into his ear.

Also while Namor fought Hulk to a double knock out, Angrir utterly wrecked Rulk, beating him to near death IIRC. Haha, fair enough.

I disagree. Nerkkod's got better feats. I'll take Thor's statement for what it is, a statement.

Nerkkod does have more feats if nothing else but I have very little doubt that the battle would have been written any differently if he was in Angrir's place. I really don't think Nerkkod was intended to be more powerful and if he was, the gap imo is small at best.

It is a statement but I think it gives a good indication of what Fraction intended.

I'm suggesting it because it's possible and that it makes sense to me. And I don't think it's a slippery slope. You'd agree that they're not all as powerful or invulnerable as each other. And, you'd agree that at least two of them have definitively been shown to weaken over time (Kuurth and Nerkkod). And you'd agree (although maybe you didn't make this argument), that Thor himself could possibly have not been 100% having stormed the Serpent's lair and being pimpslapped back to Earth.

So I don't see any reason to equalize them. I agree that they're all Thor-level, but I don't take this generalization so seriously that I'm compelled to utterly homogenize them or consider their power level to be static. In the end, this is all slightly off-topic. Simply put, I found what Nerkkod did was more impressive than what Angrir did. Hence, my opinion.

It's possible but isn't likely and I have trouble believing that you think the Spider-Man scene justifies the notion that he was worn down. It is a slippery slope because if we use that type of justification, based on one's intent, you can apply that logic to numerous scenes to justify showings that people aren't fond of. I do agree that Kuurth was weakened (I'm not sure why you think Nerkkod was) but that was because of an explicit loss of power. That's also possible but I think there's very little chance that Fraction wrote that scene with Thor or either of the Worthy not being in top shape or close to it.

Most of the Serpent's chosen battled various foes across multiple books and I don't think any of them were weakened simply due to the number of battles. It might make sense using real life logic but there's a reason this is fiction. This type of thinking is a small step away from arguing that Thor wasn't in top shape against opponent A because at the same time that week he fought opponent B.

I think it's pretty clear that while in the same class, they don't have a static power level. As such, generalizing them wouldn't be right but at the same time I don't think any more thought other than a general ranking was given to how they match up power wise. Imo, Juggernaut/Hulk were considered to be the most powerful with beings like Thing/Attuma being a level below and that's about it. Everything else was just details that I doubt someone like Fraction would give a shit about if his history is any indication.

Anyways, agree to disagree if nothing else.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.