Marvel's next Big Thing!Shattered Heroes!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Igniz
Fear Itself is about to end.And Marvel has announced their next event after Fear Itself.Here are the links to Shattered Heroes.

From Marvel.com

http://marvel.com/news/story/16491/shattered_heroes

From IGN

http://comics.ign.com/articles/118/1189406p1.html

From Newsarama

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/marvel-shattered-heroes-teaser-110817.html

Now don't get me wrong.I'm partially excited but at the same time worried.Marvel seems to be launching events after events.I mean their pushing themselves to the limit here.And we all know now that Thor might be MIA or KIA(but most probably KIA).I just hope it doesn't turn into "Thor comes back from the dead to fight a villain of nothingness" or something.That would be cliche if you ask me.Don't get me wrong.I'm not hating on Marvel.But does anyone here notices that Marvel has become "Event Dependent"? Just asking and not hating or anything.

Power Cosmic II
i don't think it's an "event" so much as a story arc that follows FI. Like how dark reign followed Civil war.

The REAL event next year is purportedly initiating the biggest changes in the MU "in over 30 years." That's a shit ton of hype, so we'll see.

There's also a few one shots and .1's this december that set up the big plot lines for next year if I'm not mistaken. Something about the Avengers and X-Universe crossing over again.

Cogito
Hope it's not an event...it sounds like a whiny sobfest.

Bentley
Originally posted by Power Cosmic II
The REAL event next year is purportedly initiating the biggest changes in the MU "in over 30 years." That's a shit ton of hype, so we'll see.

Wow, that sounds both bigger than the Infinity Guantlet and more cosmic than Annihilation!

Cogito
Originally posted by Bentley
Wow, that sounds both bigger than the Infinity Guantlet and more cosmic than Annihilation!

I don't know how Marvel could top the Chaos King or the Worthy though mmm

Digi
Originally posted by Cogito
I don't know how Marvel could top the Chaos King or the Worthy though mmm

lol

I actually really liked Civil War. Sure, a lot of the "changes" were eventually washed away, but it was the last big event to have a great story and emotional appeal to it. It holds up well, looking back.

Secret Invasion gave us one awesome thing: Norman Osbourne as a A-list team-level villain, not someone that writers couldn't figure out how to work into Spider-Man stories anymore. He went mainstream the way I wish Kingpin could.

The cosmic events have been good. Annihilation was top-notch. They haven't all been that great, but it's been fun to follow. Lost in the poo that's been the Earth events is the fact that Marvel cosmic has always been solid-to-great. They have a good track record.

It's mostly just the constant stream of earth events. Secret Invasion, Siege, Shadowland, Chaos War, Fear Itself. All were very meh or just plain bad. Wouldn't be surprised if Marvel follows DC, seeing all the sales in the New 52. We may actually get changes this time, for better or worse.

Prep-Man
Most of Marvels so called big events have been inconsistent. Some start off really well, but end in a whimper. I'll expect the same here.

Bentley
You forgot Spider-Island Digi, how could you!?

guy222
hope its good

Digi
Originally posted by Bentley
You forgot Spider-Island Digi, how could you!?

That's an event? I'm actually enjoying it.

Bentley
Any excuse to get more Shang-chi and Cloak and Dagger is a good excuse.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.