Gorgon vs. Wonder Woman (equal strength and speed)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

vansonbee
Both have the same sword as Gorgon.

Who wins?

JakeTheBank
Diana.

Cogito
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Diana.

Lord Feron
Should I assume there is no stone stare? Because Gorgon would one shot her.

I think Gorgon beats her in a this fight with these stips. The skill is close enough that it doesn't make a difference but Gorgon has TP and will know everything WW does before she does it. That's a huge tactical advantage.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Lord Feron

I think Gorgon beats her in a this fight with these stips. The skill is close enough that it doesn't make a difference but Gorgon has TP and will know everything WW does before she does it. That's a huge tactical advantage.

Diana's massively resistant to TP so Gorgon's not going to read her mind. With common knowledge of Gorgon (with the name alone being a huge clue to Diana), Diana could fight blind as she's done before and still beat him.

Silent Master

WW can fly.

JakeTheBank
That too.

vansonbee
Originally posted by Silent Master
WW can fly. Gorgon can look-up her butt...

I thought this would be a fair thread, because Gorgon outdo Logan in skills, where every preaches Logan is better then almost every DC character xD

Silent Master
That too.

And IIRC her flight speed is far, far, far above Gorgon's reaction speed.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by vansonbee
Gorgon can look-up her butt...

I thought this would be a fair thread, because Gorgon outdo Logan in skills, where every preaches Logan is better then almost every DC character xD

They're wrong lol

JakeTheBank
And IIRC her flight speed is far, far, far above Gorgon's reaction speed.

It is. thumb up

StyleTime
Their speed is equalized though, so would that really matter?

And flight seems like an overstated advantage when you'll likely fight melee with your opponent anyway.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by StyleTime
Their speed is equalized though, so would that really matter?

And flight seems like an overstated advantage when you'll likely fight melee with your opponent anyway.
Flight allows you to attack from many more angles and force your opponent on the defensive.

Also I'm noting that there's nothing in the stips that take away the Lasso...

Silent Master
Equal speed generally refers to reaction speed, I've never seen it applied to flight before.

StyleTime
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Flight allows you to attack from many more angles and force your opponent on the defensive.

Also I'm noting that there's nothing in the stips that take away the Lasso...
I agree. It is an advantage. I don't deny that.

True.
Equal speed generally refers to reaction speed, I've never seen it applied to flight before.
Possibly. We'd have to get vasonbee's ruling on that.

Starscream M
gorgon stomps. he turns diana into a stone statue.

if diana fights blind, gorgon will mince her to chopped amazon.

vansonbee
Originally posted by StyleTime
I agree. It is an advantage. I don't deny that.

True.

Possibly. We'd have to get vasonbee's ruling on that. Flight speed = Ground speed.

Prep-Man
Wondy..

SquallX
Originally posted by Starscream M
gorgon stomps. he turns diana into a stone statue.

if diana fights blind, gorgon will mince her to chopped amazon.

No.

Silent Master
Flight speed = Ground speed.

So Gorgon can't use his teleportation device?

Lord Feron
Diana's massively resistant to TP so Gorgon's not going to read her mind. With common knowledge of Gorgon (with the name alone being a huge clue to Diana), Diana could fight blind as she's done before and still beat him.

I know she is resistant to TP but that prevents people from reading her moves? I know that WW has a good resistance to outright attacks or mind control but he is just reading what she is gonna do.

Just because she can fight blind does not mean auto win for her.

Lord Feron
WW can fly.

oh right hse has flight ? But is that a loop hole in the thread that she can move in flight mode really fast. Then yeah sure I guess Wonder woman can blitz him as long as she is in the air...

whoops just read this..
Flight speed = Ground speed.
(kinda not fair)

But if their speed was the same regardless of flight Gorgon takes it imo.

JakeTheBank
I know she is resistant to TP but that prevents people from reading her moves? I know that WW has a good resistance to outright attacks or mind control but he is just reading what she is gonna do.

Just because she can fight blind does not mean auto win for her.

Doctor Psycho and Maxwell Lord couldn't read her mind. It extends to forcible mind control to reading surface thoughts and beyond. I have no reason to think that Gorgon would succeed where they failed.

She fought blind against Cheetah and Zoom. I think her odds are pretty good here.

Lord Feron
Doctor Psycho and Maxwell Lord couldn't read her mind. It extends to forcible mind control to reading surface thoughts and beyond. I have no reason to think that Gorgon would succeed where they failed.

She fought blind against Cheetah and Zoom. I think her odds are pretty good here.

Okay, I guess if they couldn't read her mind at all then well I don't think he should out do them. But there were times where Logan and Elecktra had instances of being very resitant in TP intrusion (especially logan) so I don't think it's a completly closed avenue for him.

she did well be cause of her amazingly high H2H speed and muscle memory/ reaction speed. I believe those assets are equalized here.

JakeTheBank
Okay, I guess if they couldn't read her mind at all then well I don't think he should out do them. But there were times where Logan and Elecktra had instances of being very resitant in TP intrusion (especially logan) so I don't think it's a completly closed avenue for him.

she did well be cause of her amazingly high H2H speed and muscle memory/ reaction speed. I believe those assets are equalized here.

After her Eyes of Pallas upgrade, Diana was made conventionally outright immune to telepathy. The only times she was mind controlled since then involved reality warping of some kind, Diana being depowered, or the Anti-Life Equation. Even before then, she was portrayed as being pretty resistant to outside influence. I don't see Gorgon's telepathy effecting Diana at all, tbh.

It's just her speed and reaction which served her well; its her enhanced senses as well. She detected subtle shifts in air pressure to be able to pinpoint where Flash was attacking from and act accordingly.

Lord Feron
After her Eyes of Pallas upgrade, Diana was made conventionally outright immune to telepathy. The only times she was mind controlled since then involved reality warping of some kind, Diana being depowered, or the Anti-Life Equation. Even before then, she was portrayed as being pretty resistant to outside influence. I don't see Gorgon's telepathy effecting Diana at all, tbh.

It's just her speed and reaction which served her well; its her enhanced senses as well. She detected subtle shifts in air pressure to be able to pinpoint where Flash was attacking from and act accordingly.

Yes, I remember reading the air pressure stuff; and like you said it's a combo of speed/reaction and all that other stuff and senses. Gorgon has a level super sense but those things are really hard to quantify. But regardless most of the equation that allows her to compete blind is equalized here with gorgon.

They are both great swordsmen and I don't think either one has an edge (skillwise). Both person durability is essentially the same to pointed/bladed weapons. How is WW HF? I think it's her durability that is highlighted not her ability to heal from wounds. Gorgon has amazing HF on par with wolverine. This will be a considerable advantage in a sword fight. Gorgon also has an amazing damage soak be stabbed and impaled and just keeps on trucking. Don't know if WW can go through all that and operate as if nothing happened (again im talking about slashes/pierces). WW def has the edge in blunt truama and explosion damage (is that even a category?).

Q99
It's pretty good but not super-high level. You know Sacrifice, when Superman burned her face with heat vision, broke her wrist, and did several other powerful blows? They all stopped bleeding fast, within a few minutes of the end of the fight she was in good enough condition to go heroing again, and even fought multiple Alpha-level OMACs (the ones designed to take on herald level foes) and showed no signs of being below full. It took more time for the wounds to visibly disappear, but in terms of effect on her even that level of damage didn't last long at all.

Medusa impaled her when they fought and Diana kept going.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.