If Thor ranks as a 100 on a power scale...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
If Thor ranks as a 100 on a power scale measuring character overall power level (a combo of durability, energy output, matter/energy manip, physical strength, ect, ect), how would the following characters rank?

Higher than 100 would indicate more powerful than Thor, while under 100 would be less powerful than Thor of course...

Before we get started, remember, we use average showings...not extreme highs or lows...to determine how they compare.

Anyway, heres the list:

1) The Silver Surfer...
2) Cyborg Superman...
3) Superman...
4) Hunter/Prey Doomsday...
5) Magneto...
6) Classic Juggernaut...
7) Worthy Hulk...
8) Thanos...

carver9
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
If Thor ranks as a 100 on a power scale measuring character overall power level (a combo of durability, energy output, matter/energy manip, physical strength, ect, ect), how would the following characters rank?

Higher than 100 would indicate more powerful than Thor, while under 100 would be less powerful than Thor of course...

Before we get started, remember, we use average showings...not extreme highs or lows...to determine how they compare.

Anyway, heres the list:

1) The Silver Surfer...
2) Cyborg Superman...
3) Superman...
4) Hunter/Prey Doomsday...
5) Magneto...
6) Classic Juggernaut...
7) Worthy Hulk...
8) Thanos...

Silver Surfer 100
Cyborg Superman 90
Superman 90
Magneto 85 or 90
Classic Juggernaut 80
Worthy Hulk 110 or 120
Thanos 130

Mshinu
Silver Surfer: 95
Cyborg Superman: 95
Superman: 90
Magneto: 90
Classic Juggernaut: 95
Worthy Hulk: 85
Thanos: 250
H/P Doomsday: Unsure but very high

-Pr-
Overall?

1) The Silver Surfer... - 100
2) Cyborg Superman... - 100
3) Superman... - 100
4) Hunter/Prey Doomsday... - 100
5) Magneto... - 85
6) Classic Juggernaut... - 100
7) Worthy Hulk... - No idea
8) Thanos... - Don't care.

Needs more variety stick out tongue

TheHulk
1) The Silver Surfer-100
2) Cyborg Superman-90
3) Superman-90
4) Hunter/Prey Doomsday-100
5) Magneto-85
6) Classic Juggernaut-95
7) Worthy Hulk-120 to 130
8) Thanos-130

gogogadgetgo
1) The Silver Surfer - 100
2) Cyborg Superman - dont know nor do i care
3) Superman - 80
4) Hunter/Prey Doomsday - 100
5) Magneto - 80
6) Classic Juggernaut - 80
7) Worthy Hulk - 100
8) Thanos - does anyone really care?

Rage.Of.Olympus
1) The Silver Surfer - 95 to 100.
2) Cyborg Superman - 90 to 100.
3) Superman - 95 to 100.
4) Hunter/Prey Doomsday - 150.
5) Magneto - 90 to 95.
6) Classic Juggernaut - 95.
7) Worthy Hulk - 100 to 150?
8) Thanos - 150.

Cogito
1) The Silver Surfer: 100
2) Cyborg Superman: 90 - 110 (Depending on setting)
3) Superman: 100
4) Hunter/Prey Doomsday: 150 - 200
5) Magneto: 80
6) Classic Juggernaut: 95
7) Worthy Hulk: 100
8) Thanos: 200

cdtm

TheLordofMurder
I am shocked to see the desparity of ratings assigned to H/P Doomsday...

I honestly would rank him above Thor as several of you already have...

To those who believe Thor is above him, why do you think this?

cdtm
Because he has no energy output or matter manip, and is basically just a dumb brick with evolving capabilities.

Thor has too many ways he can beat him, if he doesn't fight like another dumb brick.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by cdtm
Because he has no energy output or matter manip, and is basically just a dumb brick with evolving capabilities.

Thor has too many ways he can beat him, if he doesn't fight like another dumb brick.

I can respect this opinion...

thumb up

Colossus-Big C
Pretty much, thor may be more powerful than alot of people simply because they lack energy manipulation even if the are stronger and more durable

Cogito

So your list is essentially based entirely on variation and number of accessible powers...

abhilegend

Fail on so many levels.
Magneto almost twice as powerful as superman. Put down the pipe dude. Versatility is not equal to power otherwise green lanterns would be skyfathers or savage hulk would be less powerful than superboy. So do you think pc validus is less powerful than thor because all he has is strength and mental lightning or black adam to be less powerful than superboy?

carver9

I was thinking about this as well when I did mine. Almost none of them comes close power wise to Thor and if we are ranking them off of general power, I agree with your list. If its off of potential, then I am staying with mine.

Surfer and Thor would be higher than Thanos if we took the other route. Think about it.

Bentley
Silver Surfer: 120
Cyborg Superman: 200
Superman: 150
Magneto: 30
Classic Juggernaut: 20
Worthy Hulk: 200
Thanos: 150
H/P Doomsday: 300

Keep in mind that Thor on average sucks. The average of not-so-used characters is better. Thanos never works much higher than just stronger than random heralds.

nimbus006
1) The Silver Surfer: 95-105
2) Cyborg Superman: 90-110
3) Superman: 90-110
4) Hunter/Prey Doomsday: 150
5) Magneto: 85-90
6) Classic Juggernaut: 90-95
7) Worthy Hulk: not sure
8) Thanos: 175

Many of these guys vary quite a bit.

carver9
Originally posted by Bentley

Keep in mind that Thor on average sucks. The average of not-so-used characters is better. Thanos never works much higher than just stronger than random heralds.

I think on Average Thor is portrayed as a high Herald. Outside of his average showings, he is low to mid trans imo. No Herald share his fts...its one of a kind.

Bentley
Originally posted by carver9
I think on Average Thor is portrayed as a high Herald. Outside of his average showings, he is low to mid trans imo. No Herald share his fts...its one of a kind.

Maybe in his book, but when Thor guest stars he fights like a brute and forgets his powerset. Let's not even start in team books...

Thors dials still don't go up to eleven though.

carver9
Maybe in his book, but when Thor guest stars he fights like a brute and forgets his powerset. Let's not even start in team books...

Lol..

Gecko4lif
Maybe in his book, but when Thor guest stars he fights like a brute and forgets his powerset.
Cis is not indicitive of power level

Bentley
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Cis is not indicitive of power level

This thread is about average showings, I'd assume we'd consider power as it is shown contrariy to full fledged powersets. Otherwise the indication is pretty much pointless.

Rage.Of.Olympus

You don't know what the hell you're talking about. That reasoning in no way justifies the ridiculous rankings you gave.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Pretty much, thor may be more powerful than alot of people simply because they lack energy manipulation even if the are stronger and more durable

more powerful =/= more powers.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
You don't know what the hell you're talking about. That reasoning in no way justifies the ridiculous rankings you gave.

for the most part, He's comparing Thor's average to their high showings.

carver9
Originally posted by Silent Master
for the most part, He's comparing Thor's average to their high showings.

Pretty much.

Bentley

You might be right, Surfer should be lower, but that's about it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
You might be right, Surfer should be lower, but that's about it.

no

Bentley
Ok, I was typing crazy numbers, just make everything closer to Thor. ahah

Rage.Of.Olympus
Your numbers make no sense even using your own reasoning. How is Magneto at 30 while Superman is 150? Whatever. I don't think you actually know what you're talking about so it's fine.

carver9
Your numbers make no sense even using your own reasoning. How is Magneto at 30 while Superman is 150? Whatever. I don't think you actually know what you're talking about so it's fine.

laughing

JakeTheBank

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110727182050/random-ness/images/6/6b/Not_Sure_if_Serious_meme.jpg

carver9
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110727182050/random-ness/images/6/6b/Not_Sure_if_Serious_meme.jpg

laughing out loud

He is very serious.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Those numbers were pretty God awful if I do say so myself.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Damn it. Carver being on my side seriously questions the validity of my position.

Bentley
ha-jam

Digi
Power is not a vs. matchup, nor is it necessarily versatility. I consider it to be the power at their disposal for the purposes of dispensing victory. As such, I think Thor is slightly above a few on this list who would match him in a battle or even beat him for a majority (see: Surfer, Kal) because of the matchup or versatility issues.

That is why, for example, my list here has Superman > Surfer even though I'd give Surfer a majority.

By the way, you should probably say "median" showing instead of "average." It unfairly hurts those with team books in addition to solo books.

Anyway, with that methodology:
Silver Surfer: 95
Cyborg Superman: 94
Superman: 98
Magneto: 75
Classic Juggernaut: 85
Worthy Hulk: 90
Thanos: 225
H/P Doomsday: ??

carver9
Damn it. Carver being on my side seriously questions the validity of my position.

Lol...Rage 90% of the time we are always on the side. Sorry to tell you that buddy.

Bentley
SNAP!

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by carver9
Lol...Rage 90% of the time we are always on the side. Sorry to tell you that buddy.

those are fighting words!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.