Jiraiya vs Kisame

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wakkawakkawakka
My birthday was on the 9th.....yay go me smile

But in all seriousness I really wonder who would win between these two S nin. Both have everything they have shown in their arsenal however start off in their base forms.

So I was wondering who would win between the Sannin and perhaps the strongest of the Seven Swordsman. I know both Kisame and Itachi stated that they would only stalemate Jiraiya in Part 1 however both have shown stuff that would give Jiraiya hell.....just wondering if that statement still holds.

TheAuraAngel
Well in regards to Itachi's statement, Lol to the amount of stomping the two of together would do against Jiraya.

That all said, I'm gonna go with Jiraiya vs Kisame alone.

wakkawakkawakka
Really? I though Kisame would have better odds. However the Frog Song genjutsu could probably give Jiraiya the win.

TheAuraAngel
Not just that. Natural chakra can't be absorbed, which is Kisame's main method of fighting. Though yeah, the genjutsu is haxxed, though it requires set up time and isn't spammable.

Demonic Phoenix
^ Sage Chakra can be absorbed. Though if Samehada absorbs too much of it, it will turn to stone. Then again, this is unlikely given Kisame's level chakra.

That said, Jiraiya needs Sage mode to win.

Bentley
Jiraya would one-shot Kisame on sage mode.

TheAuraAngel
Obviously.

Though rereading through certain arcs has got me thinking about something.

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/naruto/v40/c369/5.html

How come Jiraiya never uses this in combat?

Q99
It involved seals and holding his hand on someone's forehead. I doubt it'd work on an unrestrained foe.

---

Jiraiya's going to learn fairly quickly to use more physical jutsu, and also he's fire-based, samehada doesn't like fire. He's very high level in taijutsu to begin with, and with Sage Mode, he's flat-out better than Kisame.

Thanks to his variety, he can avoid playing to Kisame's strengths and outmatch him in some key areas. I'd say Jiraiya gets a fairly solid victory.

wakkawakkawakka
I do wonder how Jiraiya will deal with the Samehada fusion. However, I guess I can agree that Jiraiya wins. Though I don't like Kisame being underrated.....I like the guy.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Bentley
Jiraya would one-shot Kisame on sage mode.

Nah.

Originally posted by Q99
It involved seals and holding his hand on someone's forehead. I doubt it'd work on an unrestrained foe.

---

Jiraiya's going to learn fairly quickly to use more physical jutsu, and also he's fire-based, samehada doesn't like fire. He's very high level in taijutsu to begin with, and with Sage Mode, he's flat-out better than Kisame.

Thanks to his variety, he can avoid playing to Kisame's strengths and outmatch him in some key areas. I'd say Jiraiya gets a fairly solid victory.

Kisame's Water jutsu would work against his Fire jutsu, and Samehada not liking Fire does little to stop it from doing its job.
He's great in Taijutsu, but so is Kisame.

With Sage Mode, he'd get his victory. Otherwise, Kisame does him in.

Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
I do wonder how Jiraiya will deal with the Samehada fusion. However, I guess I can agree that Jiraiya wins. Though I don't like Kisame being underrated.....I like the guy.

He could try summoning one of the Boss Toads, and then use it to attempt an escape from the Water Dome.

King Kandy
Jiraiya should just use the frog-stomach technique like the 1st time. Kisame has no defense.

Bentley
Frankly I see regular Jiraya winning the majority in a close battle, Kisame with his sword fusion would be trouble then. With Sage mode, Jiraya wins a solid majority.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Bentley
Frankly I see regular Jiraya winning the majority in a close battle, Kisame with his sword fusion would be trouble then. With Sage mode, Jiraya wins a solid majority.

That pretty much sums up my perspective, as well.

Q99
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix

Kisame's Water jutsu would work against his Fire jutsu, and Samehada not liking Fire does little to stop it from doing its job.
He's great in Taijutsu, but so is Kisame.

I dunno, wounding Samehada and taking it out of the picture strikes me as pretty useful.

Also Jiraiya has Earth as well, which naturally trumps Water.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Q99
I dunno, wounding Samehada and taking it out of the picture strikes me as pretty useful.

Also Jiraiya has Earth as well, which naturally trumps Water.

He'd have to use a number of Fire jutsu to take it out. Itachi's fire jutsu just annoyed it as far as I can tell.

Kisame has Earth as well if I'm not mistaken. So Kisame would have the advantage in Elemental jutsu.

TheAuraAngel
Of course why he would need to when he could just go Sage Mode and let Samehada kill itself is beyond me.

He has one technique that lets him travel underground. Hardly gives him what I'd call the advantage.

Demonic Phoenix
Not if Samehada transfers some of that Sage chakra back into Kisame. Not that it matters, since Sage Mode Jiraiya would win anyway.

Jiraiya has one tech that makes a swamp. That too qualifies as 'hardly gives him what I'd call the advantage'. no expression

TheAuraAngel
Swamp that can do stuff> Dig a tunnel no jutsu.

Demonic Phoenix
Right, it can sink someone that can use Earth jutsu to swim at a very high speed.

Q99
He'd have to use a number of Fire jutsu to take it out. Itachi's fire jutsu just annoyed it as far as I can tell.

Or a stronger one than a normal fireball.

Jiraiya does have some much bigger fire attacks, especially when a toad is involved.

I wouldn't say that. They both have one element that's disadvantaged and one elemental that's not. The disadvantaged one Jiraiya has still has a very specific helpful use, and with earth Kisame's only shown a relatively low-level support jutsu, while Jiraiya's shown both a bigger jutsu and earth-swords (used to finish off the genjutsu'd Pains). I'd suspect Jiraiya has more as well.

Jiraiya has non-elemental attacks like his hair ones, which use nice physical needles, aside from any elemental jutsu.

NemeBro
The manga made it very clear who would win.

Kisame is confident Jiraiya is superior.

I don't see how this can be argued.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Q99
Or a stronger one than a normal fireball.

Jiraiya does have some much bigger fire attacks, especially when a toad is involved.

A giant toad-aided Fire jutsu would harm it. Not a normal one though. Not when all a mid-level Fire jutsu did was to annoy Samehada. You're overrating the Fire weakness.

Originally posted by Q99
I wouldn't say that. They both have one element that's disadvantaged and one elemental that's not. The disadvantaged one Jiraiya has still has a very specific helpful use, and with earth Kisame's only shown a relatively low-level support jutsu, while Jiraiya's shown both a bigger jutsu and earth-swords (used to finish off the genjutsu'd Pains). I'd suspect Jiraiya has more as well.

Jiraiya has non-elemental attacks like his hair ones, which use nice physical needles, aside from any elemental jutsu.

Jiraiya's only shown the swamp jutsu with Earth, and we don't know if he has any other Earth Jutsu. I think he does, but I can say the same for Kisame. And considering Jiraiya makes a Swamp, most of Kisame's Water Jutsu won't be at a disadvantage.
Those stone swords aren't Earth jutsu as far as I can tell.

Which would likely be blocked by Samehada, as Kisame is fast enough to react to them. The damage from a Lariat and Bee's swords did little to really hurt Samehada.

Q99
Stone swords too, so at least two.

Yea, but Kisame's one is a low-level one, while Jiraiya's is very strong, so Jiraiya's more likely to have more powerful ones.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Q99
Stone swords too, so at least two.

Yea, but Kisame's one is a low-level one, while Jiraiya's is very strong, so Jiraiya's more likely to have more powerful ones.

Stone swords aren't Earth jutsu. They're apparently swords from Myobukuzan.

True, but doesn't mean Kisame will not have any high level ones. He was at 30% of his strength at the time.
And again, higher ranked ones aren't necessarily indicative of inherent power.

Q99

Which would likely be blocked by Samehada, as Kisame is fast enough to react to them.

Yes, but it does mean Jiraiya has some attacks that aren't really chakra based/absorbable.

Unlike a lot of Kisame's foes do, Jiraiya has a variety of attacks that he can use without strengthening Kisame.

Bullmonkéy
Kisame would probably eat himself to keep jiraiya from getting info. Plus kisames water jutsu could be a pond for the toad sage.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.