X2 or First class?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules_2
I find myself leaning maybe more towards X2, but these two are the best x-men films to date so which one do you prefer?

Ridley_Prime
Probably First Class. Sure, the lack of Cyclops was disappointing, but it's not like X2 did him any justice either like the first film.

Myth
That is such a tough one. I feel First Class may be the better movie overall, but X2 has more elements of the X-men I know and love.

Gustavo Fring
First Class is better

Impediment
X2 by far.

-Pr-
X2 isn't a good X-Men movie, imo. It's not a bad movie in and of itself, but as far as properly adapting X-Men? Nah.

First class rises above it because of how well Xavier and Magneto are portrayed, imo. X2 had that too, but not to the same extent imo.

Ridley_Prime
Don't forget Kevin Bacon as Sebastian Shaw.

super pr*xy
everything is better with bacon in it..

steverules_2
I loved watching the x-men and mags joining forces...reluctantly

Turr_Phennir
X2.

McKellen and Stewart are the definitive Magneto and Xavier for me, and the great performances by Fassbender and MacAvoy aren't enough to change that.

Nephthys
From what I hear First Class was actually a good movie.

X2 was merely decent.

Esau Cairn
X2 had one of the best prison break scenes with Magneto where as 1st Class in my opinion had no great outstanding scene in the entire movie.

However I do feel you can't go past the very first one.
The first time you see Wolverine in the cage fight & Magneto turning all the cops' guns on themselves are truly classic.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
X2 had one of the best prison break scenes with Magneto where as 1st Class in my opinion had no great outstanding scene in the entire movie.

However I do feel you can't go past the very first one.
The first time you see Wolverine in the cage fight & Magneto turning all the cops' guns on themselves are truly classic.

What about Deathstrike vs wolverine? A classic fight. And the phoenix ending, I had a geekasm...then we got X3...

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by steverules_2
What about Deathstrike vs wolverine? A classic fight. And the phoenix ending, I had a geekasm...then we got X3...

Yeah it was a good fight however it also felt like a re-hash of when Wolverine went up against Mystique towards the end of the first movie.

Nephthys
But the first movie sucked ass. no expression

Ridley_Prime
How so?

killerklowns13
the first movie was the best, first class was entertaining but tht was about it. and tht goes for x2 and x3. origins was prob the 2nd best.

Esau Cairn
I just found with 1st Class being set around the whole Cuban missile crisis a bit odd.

I mean it could even be considered bad taste if a superhero movie was based around Hiroshima or 9/11 for that matter.

Yes, I know Marvel comics touched on 9/11's aftermath.
Watchmen hinted at Vietnam & Captain America's adversary was Hitler's cronies...I'm just saying 1st Class had a rather odd story line for me.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by killerklowns13
the first movie was the best, first class was entertaining but tht was about it. and tht goes for x2 and x3. origins was prob the 2nd best.
Disagreed. X3 and Origins were both shit (and I know I don't speak for just myself in that line of thought). Liev Schreiber as Sabretooth was at least a decent highlight for the latter film though.

steverules_2
Yeah it was a good fight however it also felt like a re-hash of when Wolverine went up against Mystique towards the end of the first movie.

I'm not so sure about that, he had waaaaaay more trouble with deathstrike than mystique...deathstrike nearly killed him, she took his healing factor to the max before he pumped her full of adamantium. With mystique she did a few moves and then he stabbed her.

Esau Cairn
I was referring more to Wolverine fighting a female antagonist in both movies.

It's still a shame that we've never really seen that "berserker rage".

jinXed by JaNx
first class

Kazenji
I was referring more to Wolverine fighting a female antagonist in both movies.

It's still a shame that we've never really seen that "berserker rage".

Might see it with the second Wolverine movie.

steverules_2
He went kinda ape shit in wolverine origins after the adamantium bonded to him and he heard Stryker talking about removing his memories

Esau Cairn
He went kinda ape shit in wolverine origins after the adamantium bonded to him and he heard Stryker talking about removing his memories

Was that when he ran away naked & screaming?

Yeah...great example of berserker rage.

steverules_2
I never said it was beserker rage, I said he went KINDA ape shit

But yes that was when he went out in the nude

Mr Parker
gotta go with first class.liked the origin story and hey kevin bacon is in it.plus the first two xmen movies should have been called WOLVERINE since it was all about HIS character.

steverules_2
And 3 wasn't?

jinXed by JaNx
And 3 wasn't?

No that one is the adventures of Wolverine and STORM

steverules_2
What did storm do in that movie exactly?

roughrider
I can't decide, they are both the best films of the series. And I'm finding First Class gets even better watching it on Blu-ray.

Esau Cairn
I never said it was beserker rage, I said he went KINDA ape shit

But yes that was when he went out in the nude

The reason we'll never truly see Wolverine go berko is becos of all the toy merchandise aimed at kids.

DARTH POWER
I give it to First Class.. Too many great scenes, like the soldiers shooting at Sebastian Shaw, and countless scenes of Magneto just being a bad ass, and actually had good acting as well!

But Both were great movies (unlike the rest of the series), but a bit too much wolverine and not enough cyclops in X2.

steverules_2
The reason we'll never truly see Wolverine go berko is becos of all the toy merchandise aimed at kids.

If it was an R rated movie....that would be the best

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.