Shazam Captain Marvel vs Wonder woman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dr.Swole
Now I've heard that Wonder Woman has beaten Captain Marvel before, but I just can't see that happening. Captain Marvel is pretty close to Superman in strength, so does that mean Wonder Woman is on par with Superman? What do you guys think?

Cogito
Diana is close to Superman in strength, though I would give Clark and Billy the edge over her in that category.

Unlike Superman, though, she doesn't have the same weakness/non-resistance to magic. That, plus her gear, makes this very close. She may even have the edge.

Zatanna4life
wonder woman is close to par with superman. but superman is faster. wonder woman can beat captain marvel. she is a far better fighter and her weapons can block his attacks.

quanchi112
Marvel wins. Stronger, more durable.

zopzop
Captain Marvel takes the majority but Diana can definitely win some.

JakeTheBank
She's beaten Captain Marvel via the lasso, triggering his transformation back into Billy Batson. The lasso also depowered Cap when he went nuts on the JSA/JLA during Virtue and Vice. Both times Cap was mind controlled/not in his right mind, however.

Ultimately, Captain Marvel's superior attributes across the board gives him a majority, but Diana's attributes and skills make this a tough fight for him, not dissimilar to how a typical Superman/Wonder Woman fight would go. That being said, Diana can potentially win via the lasso (though that avenue goes for most opponents of her's).

h1a8
Originally posted by quanchi112
Marvel wins. Stronger, more durable.

Even if those are the case then skill, battle speed, and one shot weapon options heavily outweigh those advantages.

Why does CA beat beings far stronger and more durable than him?

-Pr-
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
She's beaten Captain Marvel via the lasso, triggering his transformation back into Billy Batson. The lasso also depowered Cap when he went nuts on the JSA/JLA during Virtue and Vice. Both times Cap was mind controlled/not in his right mind, however.

Ultimately, Captain Marvel's superior attributes across the board gives him a majority, but Diana's attributes and skills make this a tough fight for him, not dissimilar to how a typical Superman/Wonder Woman fight would go. That being said, Diana can potentially win via the lasso (though that avenue goes for most opponents of her's).

Pretty much.

Konton
Diana takes an edge. Her magical resistance tips the scale.

Q99
Originally posted by Dr.Swole
Now I've heard that Wonder Woman has beaten Captain Marvel before, but I just can't see that happening. Captain Marvel is pretty close to Superman in strength, so does that mean Wonder Woman is on par with Superman? What do you guys think?

In terms of fights against Superman, Diana has a slightly *better* record than CM does. And in terms of who's called out to stalemate Superman, it's always one of those two. In DC Earth's herald hero hierarchy, I consider them both tied for second, pretty much, and will take either over MM, PG, or whoever.

Yes, Wonder Woman is close enough to Superman to make it a really good fight, just like Billy is. Not surprising considering how similar their powers are in origin. They have some advantages and disadvantages (Billy's harder to hurt, but with her weapons Diana has the chance to win with a crit so to speak, and has the bracer's defense. She's more skilled too) but similar godly powers.

In a one-on-one fight I see Diana as being more speced out for it (toughness is good, but HtH skill and higher melee speed helps both taking less hits/taking them to the bracers, and dealing more hits in return). Throw in the ability for her to de-shazam him with the lasso, and yea, Wonder Woman'll win a majority.

quanchi112
Originally posted by h1a8
Even if those are the case then skill, battle speed, and one shot weapon options heavily outweigh those advantages.

Why does CA beat beings far stronger and more durable than him? Because my outcome is more likely based on their fights. She isn't oneshotting him, it's never happened and they both tend to hit each other so acting like her skill has her all over him is just one of pure fantasy.

Q99
Because my outcome is more likely based on their fights.

I'd say the outcome of the fights disagrees.

When she fought Superman, she definitely hits effectively more often than he does, and I'd say Superman and CM are close in HtH skill.

They hit each other, but hitting more than you take still matters.

D-Block

Yep

quanchi112
Originally posted by Q99
I'd say the outcome of the fights disagrees.

When she fought Superman, she definitely hits effectively more often than he does, and I'd say Superman and CM are close in HtH skill.

They hit each other, but hitting more than you take still matters. I wouldn't.

She can't really best Superman out of the majority either so while she can take a few against Marvel she loses the majority just the same.

Q99
I wouldn't.

She can't really best Superman out of the majority either so while she can take a few against Marvel she loses the majority just the same.

She can't take Superman the majority, but nor can Marvel, so that seems an odd way to conclude he'd have the edge against her.

Most of the time when they fight him, *both* will stalemate Superman unless he's going all-out, and Marvel's never really fought an all-out Clark. Nor has he gotten any wins against him.

Going from their performances against Superman, you'd expect them to be about even. Throw in lasso-revert on top of that, and there you go.

abhilegend
Diana 6/10. Marvel's trump card by which he usualy stalemates holding back superman MAGIC is useless against diana and his only energy attack shazam bolts are negated by bracelets. The diffrence is that most of his punches would get blocked with zero harm by bracelets while he would have to absorb her shots by his body. Add lasso and diana takes majority.

h1a8
Because my outcome is more likely based on their fights. She isn't oneshotting him, it's never happened and they both tend to hit each other so acting like her skill has her all over him is just one of pure fantasy.

She outclassed him everytime they fought (at least the time I saw).
He didn't appear stronger either.

The lasso can one shot him.

You can't take a single fight as a basis of what will happen in a forum fight (if you do then WW wins) but rather you must take the entire history of a character's fighting at their best (WW still wins).

WW has the skill and lasso. Never forget that.

JakeTheBank
Diana's more skilled than Cap, but she conceded the fact that he was a talented warrior (and he was mind controlled by the Roman Pantheon at the time and as such wasn't operating at optimal functionality). The Wisdom of Solomon gives Cap the knowledge of ancient warriors and tacticians and he's also exhibited the knowledge of such warriors of other patrons of the Power of Shazam such as Hercules and Achilles.

Sasaraixx

I agree and disagree.

I do agree that Diana probably needs to win via the lasso. CM is incredibly durable and I think she would have a tough time KO'ing him.

I also don't know if I agree with all of his stats being superior to hers. (I'm thinking of speed mostly).

I think Clark is the more difficult foe and that her showings against him aren't representative of how a fight between CM and Diana would play out. Imho Clark is superior in skill, speed and has more abilities to give Diana problems than Marvel. CM's magic is what allows him to stalemate Clark, but that would not be much help against Diana.

Personally, I think it is a stalemate but I'd give the edge to Diana if I had to pick one. She would be a handful for him without the lasso. With it, she has an edge.

DARTH POWER
Good fight.

Not sure which one of these 2 would take the place of 2nd most powerful on DC Earth.

Maybe Diana's Lasso gives her the majority. By De-Shazaming him.

Delta1938
Originally posted by h1a8
She outclassed him everytime they fought (at least the time I saw).
He didn't appear stronger either.

The lasso can one shot him.

You can't take a single fight as a basis of what will happen in a forum fight (if you do then WW wins) but rather you must take the entire history of a character's fighting at their best (WW still wins).

WW has the skill and lasso. Never forget that.

He is stronger than her. And Black Adam has a similar warrior type background as Wonder Woman. He doesn't have her gear, but is superior across the board physically. Cap's generally done well against Adam.

DARTH POWER
Physically I'd give Cap the edge in stats. Combat Prowess obviously goes to WW.

I think the Lasso will give WW the overall edge though.

h1a8
The lasso gives WW the edge here.

leonidas
the difference between this thread and the ww/adam thread is.....boggling to say the least. most seem to give diana a slight edge against marvel, but say adam stomps her?? laughing out loud makes sense. thumb up

Bentley
Abhi knew better back then sad

abhilegend
That was likely my first ever post on the forum.

leonidas
maybe, but some pretty knowledgeable posters seem to agree this is nothing but absolutely close....

celeyhyga17
Captain Marvel 10/10

abhilegend
Originally posted by leonidas
maybe, but some pretty knowledgeable posters seem to agree this is nothing but absolutely close....
It can be. But Cap would win quite comfortably. If she gets any wins, it would be through lasso only.

Jmanghan
Leave, now.

Get the f*ck out.

Jmanghan
Anyone on near-supes level destroys her.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by abhilegend
It can be. But Cap would win quite comfortably. If she gets any wins, it would be through lasso only. Yeah she pretty much just pecks away at him like she would Superman minus lasso.

Shots that hurt but really nothing more. Sure she last a while but it's still an overwhelming physical difference that would show.

She's gotta fight at her absolute best to still fight an uphill battle. Cap just has to show up.

abhilegend
While not agreement on comparison with Superman, essentially yes. She can't ko him with physical attacks. Plain and simple.

leonidas
she doesn't have to, and the physical difference (in strength) is minimal, at best. minimal speed differences as well. her weapons make up for whatever advantage he has.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by abhilegend
While not agreement on comparison with Superman, essentially yes. She can't ko him with physical attacks. Plain and simple. Captain Marvel is defintely near-supes level. Unless you are comparing him to Injustice Shazam. If so, it may be time to realize that you a complete asshat.

Star428
she doesn't have to, and the physical difference (in strength) is minimal, at best. minimal speed differences as well. her weapons make up for whatever advantage he has.

Minimal, my ass. His stats were far above her pre-DCnU. Every stat. Only advantages she has over him are skill and experience. Period.

leonidas
lol well, stop talking and start showing me. all you've done is shoot your mouth off and tell everyone how obvious the differences are. so, here's an open challenge directed at YOU--prove it. or stop posting. smile

Jmanghan
lol well, stop talking and start showing me. all you've done is shoot your mouth off and tell everyone how obvious the differences are. so, here's an open challenge directed at YOU--prove it. or stop posting. smile He fought on equal ground with Superman.

Name one time where WW did something half as impressive as that.

Reflassshh
#Getem

carver9
Slight edge to Cap but this can also be a toss up.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.