Kuurth vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

"Id"
Kuurth who was empowered by both Cyttorak, and Serpant.

vs

Current Thor.

leonidas
both enchantments?? thor couldn't beat juggs when all he had was the cyttorak enchantment.... at least not without cancelling said enchantment. with just the serpent enchantment he might be able to win. it'd be a good fight but if he could be hurt thor COULD take him. how often, i'm not sure.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor would beat Classic Juggernaut or Worthy Cain.

Cyclops said that Juggernaut was a Thor level threat on a good day before the hammer and a mystical upgrade was referenced, implying that Kuurth at that level was to at least some degree above Thor. On average if nothing else.

Thor could and probably would win somehow but it won't be by taking him head on unless he pulls out the God Blast or something.

leonidas
don't know how he'd beat classic or worthy who has BOTH enchantments, unless he cancels the cyttorak enchantment again or goes for a bfr. straight up battle? i don't see him winning. he tried the gb and it....had less than ideal results.

Newjak
Originally posted by leonidas
don't know how he'd beat classic or worthy who has BOTH enchantments, unless he cancels the cyttorak enchantment again or goes for a bfr. straight up battle? i don't see him winning. he tried the gb and it....had less than ideal results. I don't even know how BFR would work cause the X-Men were trying that shtick.

I think Worthy Juggs wins, all the advantages Thor had are gone now.

I mean flight is useless now, mind attacks emma tried.

I pretty much think this Juggernaut could have taken on any herald level character for the majority unless they were really good mages or maybe they were to fast for him..

golem370
Classic Juggernaut even without his force field has inexhasutible stamina comparable in strength and their both immortal. Thor is just a better fighter.

Rage.Of.Olympus
don't know how he'd beat classic or worthy who has BOTH enchantments, unless he cancels the cyttorak enchantment again or goes for a bfr. straight up battle? i don't see him winning. he tried the gb and it....had less than ideal results.

Eh? It stopped and pushed Cain back, which set him up for the battle field removal. Plus Thor can create a more powerful blast.

I think a combination of siphoning/manipulating the enchantment of the Worthy and the trick he used against Juggernaut originally would be a good option. Not sure how that would affect Cain who doesn't have a force field but any lose of power increases Thor's chances. Something like a soul suck could perhaps rid Cain of the Worthy entity completely as they seem to inhabit the body but we'll never see that again. Anyways, this is mostly speculation on my part based on what Thor has done.

I can't think of any other way to win (Except pushing Juggernaut back and doing the entire Rune collapsing bit but I don't know if that would work with Worthy Juggernaut) although in a comic Thor would either pull something out of his ass or do something that supporters would cry is PIS such as channeling enough to power to hurt Juggernaut etc.

leonidas
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Eh? It stopped and pushed Cain back, which set him up for the battle field removal. Plus Thor can create a more powerful blast.

I think a combination of siphoning/manipulating the enchantment of the Worthy and the trick he used against Juggernaut originally would be a good option. Not sure how that would affect Cain who doesn't have a force field but any lose of power increases Thor's chances. Something like a soul suck could perhaps rid Cain of the Worthy entity completely as they seem to inhabit the body but we'll never see that again. Anyways, this is mostly speculation on my part based on what Thor has done.

I can't think of any other way to win (Except pushing Juggernaut back and doing the entire Rune collapsing bit but I don't know if that would work with Worthy Juggernaut) although in a comic Thor would either pull something out of his ass or do something that supporters would cry is PIS such as channeling enough to power to hurt Juggernaut etc.

meh, that IS a lot of speculation. moving him back in THIS fight wouldn't matter as he has cyttorak's enchantments as well as serpents. he could have bfr'd him without the gb, which didn't do much except stop his advance. soul suck? obviously guessing but i'm not sure it would work, but, who knows. as nj pointed out--not even sure bfr would work. juggs would take this imo.

gogogadgetgo
would stabbing kuurth with the odin sword work? apparently "currently" thor has it :P well, until the end of fear itself 7 of course

Rage.Of.Olympus
I'd wager the Odinsword will cut him to pieces.

meh, that IS a lot of speculation. moving him back in THIS fight wouldn't matter as he has cyttorak's enchantments as well as serpents. he could have bfr'd him without the gb, which didn't do much except stop his advance. soul suck? obviously guessing but i'm not sure it would work, but, who knows. as nj pointed out--not even sure bfr would work. juggs would take this imo.

Keep in mind, none of it's unreasonable and is based on previous showings.

It might matter or it might not. Would the collapsing of the Runes defeat the Worthy Juggernaut like it would Worthy Cain? I can't say, but it would be worth a shot.

Stopping his advance and pushing him back isn't much? That's arguably his greatest enchantment and at the time he'd never been stopped. It was a very big deal, especially considering Thor's condition.

The Worthy seem to be entities inhabiting the body of their hosts. Assuming it's their essence or what have you, it should work, and it would be an ingenious way for Thor to win, you don't see that too often nowadays. Other than that, he could try and destroying the hammer which would also get rid of Kuurth.

I think Juggernaut is a safer bet on the forums because Thor winning is based on speculation but if the two face off, I'm betting on Thor, although it would probably be an indirect win such as against Nul.

leonidas

It might matter or it might not. Would the collapsing of the Runes defeat the Worthy Juggernaut like it would Worthy Cain? I can't say, but it would be worth a shot.

Stopping his advance and pushing him back isn't much? That's arguably his greatest enchantment and at the time he'd never been stopped. It was a very big deal, especially considering Thor's condition.

The Worthy seem to be entities inhabiting the body of their hosts. Assuming it's their essence or what have you, it should work, and it would be an ingenious way for Thor to win, you don't see that too often nowadays. Other than that, he could try and destroying the hammer which would also get rid of Kuurth.

I think Juggernaut is a safer bet on the forums because Thor winning is based on speculation but if the two face off, I'm betting on Thor, although it would probably be an indirect win such as against Nul.

i say it didn't matter that thor pushed him back because it didn't seem to DO anything in the way of harm.

the entities aspect of the worthy may or may not be true. hulk seemed to snap out of it by pure will power and it didn't seem he was possessed by an entity, but maybe. draining the entity--if it WAS such--would be a neat idea though, i agree.

thor busting the hammer is a possibilty i suppose, but it didn't seem feasible in the nul battle.

not saying its impossible to envision thor winning if we look back at his history of feats. but he'd need to get uncharacteristically exotic to win imo, and i'd certainly give kuurth the heavy majority here. too much speculation for me to say otherwise.

Rage.Of.Olympus
i say it didn't matter that thor pushed him back because it didn't seem to DO anything in the way of harm.

the entities aspect of the worthy may or may not be true. hulk seemed to snap out of it by pure will power and it didn't seem he was possessed by an entity, but maybe. draining the entity--if it WAS such--would be a neat idea though, i agree.

thor busting the hammer is a possibilty i suppose, but it didn't seem feasible in the nul battle.

not saying its impossible to envision thor winning if we look back at his history of feats. but he'd need to get uncharacteristically exotic to win imo, and i'd certainly give kuurth the heavy majority here. too much speculation for me to say otherwise.

Fair enough. With his force field up, Juggernaut was pretty much invulnerable under DeFalco.

I'm basing it off of this scene:
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/9293/thunderbolts160017.jpg
http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/3521/thunderbolts160018.jpg

As I understand it, the Worthy are intended to be possessed/influenced by the Serpents ancient followers who are represented by the hammers.

I'd give Kuurth about 7/10. Thor has a history of stepping up his game. I don't think people realize how impressive it is for Thor to take on two of the Worthy right after taking on the Serpent's forces (Before that, he fought Odin and this is all while not being in peak condition).

Hulk fans must have been terrified when they realized Thor was taking on both of them. Straight out of the Reigning when he killed the two in hand to hand while injured.

leonidas
Fair enough. With his force field up, Juggernaut was pretty much invulnerable under DeFalco.

I'm basing it off of this scene:
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/9293/thunderbolts160017.jpg
http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/3521/thunderbolts160018.jpg

As I understand it, the Worthy are intended to be possessed/influenced by the Serpents ancient followers who are represented by the hammers.

I'd give Kuurth about 7/10. Thor has a history of stepping up his game. I don't think people realize how impressive it is for Thor to take on two of the Worthy right after taking on the Serpent's forces (Before that, he fought Odin and this is all while not being in peak condition).

i knew the scene you were referencing. it just didn't really seem to be followed up with hulk. i would have expected to SEE the entity leave him, or...... something? maybe?

killing angrir was impressive as hell given what he did to rulk, absorption powers or not....

Rage.Of.Olympus
i knew the scene you were referencing. it just didn't really seem to be followed up with hulk. i would have expected to SEE the entity leave him, or...... something? maybe?

killing angrir was impressive as hell given what he did to rulk, absorption powers or not....

I'm guessing damaging the hammer along with his resistance was enough to cast it out or something. The scene really didn't make much sense. The real Betty had already tried and failed to reason with the Nul. Imo, the writer wrote himself into a corner. He didn't want to job Nul out but couldn't think of a way for the Vampires to reasonably take him down. He really f*cked their shit up.

Yea, beating Rulk like that was something I didn't think anyone short of Trans would be capable of. I don't know why Rulk is being underestimated by some. I'd probably give him the edge over someone like Immortal Hercules in a slug fest.

After all the build up, I expected like 10 pages of fighting or something insane. F*cking Fraction, he can sell something like crazy but is so anticlimactic.

Colossus-Big C
Can thor even tickle him?

zopzop
Kuurth with both Gods empowering him is beyond anything Thor could do, so Kuurth 10/10. Thor would have to keep his distance or be utterly destroyed.

Kuurth with just the Serpent's power? Thor for the majority. He KOed Nul and killed Angrir.

leonidas
I'm guessing damaging the hammer along with his resistance was enough to cast it out or something. The scene really didn't make much sense. The real Betty had already tried and failed to reason with the Nul. Imo, the writer wrote himself into a corner. He didn't want to job Nul out but couldn't think of a way for the Vampires to reasonably take him down. He really f*cked their shit up.

Yea, beating Rulk like that was something I didn't think anyone short of Trans would be capable of. I don't know why Rulk is being underestimated by some. I'd probably give him the edge over someone like Immortal Hercules in a slug fest.

After all the build up, I expected like 10 pages of fighting or something insane. F*cking Fraction, he can sell something like crazy but is so anticlimactic.

frankly, i was VERY disappointed in the dracula mini, partially because i was looking so forward to it. looking back at his better appearances, drac should have put up a MUCH better fight. would have been cool had he bit hulk and tried to control him--even if it failed it would have been a cool scene. or he could have kidnapped some heroes and absorbed some power to try and challenge hulk like when he bit...sif? and challenged thor. hell, he's been strong enough to kill strange, ***** slapped ss. so many cool possibilities and hulk ko's him by....knocking down a wall??? no

crap upon crap is coming from this series. i'm terrified to see how $hitty the ending will be......

Rage.Of.Olympus
frankly, i was VERY disappointed in the dracula mini, partially because i was looking so forward to it. looking back at his better appearances, drac should have put up a MUCH better fight. would have been cool had he bit hulk and tried to control him--even if it failed it would have been a cool scene. or he could have kidnapped some heroes and absorbed some power to try and challenge hulk like when he bit...sif? and challenged thor. hell, he's been strong enough to kill strange, ***** slapped ss. so many cool possibilities and hulk ko's him by....knocking down a wall??? no

crap upon crap is coming from this series. i'm terrified to see how $hitty the ending will be......

Yeah, pretty much nothing happened. There was no real point to the mini. They also gave Dracula a silly new look. Yea, Dracula is very powerful, seeing as how he's taken on Surfer, Strange wrecked the X-men etc. Taking on Thor like that was pretty good, definitely more impressive than spanking Surfer. vin

I was hoping for him to put up an actual fight though. It would have been cool seeing him drinking some of Nul's blood to even the playing field a bit.

Eh, the series has fluctuated from great to crappy. Typical Fraction

psycho gundam
hulk t-bagging dracula and his entire race was the point obviously.
only thing that came of it was he left the busted hammer behind, dracula may be able to scrape up some dignity by getting it reforged or being worthy as well. first things first though: fill in the mud-hole hulk stomped in his ass

carver9
Originally posted by zopzop
Kuurth with both Gods empowering him is beyond anything Thor could do, so Kuurth 10/10. Thor would have to keep his distance or be utterly destroyed.

Kuurth with just the Serpent's power? Thor for the majority. He KOed Nul and killed Angrir.

Hulk wasn't koed or even close to it.

nwg202
kuurth. Cyttorak plus Asagardian magic? The Kuurth that fought the X-men was a beast.

Hope had to get all the powers of the mutans(magneto and iceman included) just to take his helmet of. He just smiled from a punch from classic Colossus. his head didnt even roll back. gota admit though colossus was able to crack the helmet which is a feat for him.

Newjak

I think Juggernaut is a safer bet on the forums because Thor winning is based on speculation but if the two face off, I'm betting on Thor, although it would probably be an indirect win such as against Nul. I'd wager the Odinsword would cut him that's some potent magic.

But as for the rest.

I wouldn't think the Runes collapsing would hurt Worthy Juggernaut cause regular Juggernaut survived it.

The Hammer breaking would seem implausible cause we already saw that the Juggernaut enhancement extended to hammer when Magneto tried to take control of it. So I'm assuming it also has been granted Juggernaut level durability as well.

Soul sucking Kuurth out would be interesting and I wouldn't wager for or against that tactic would be up to the writer to decide.

As for the Worthy they seem to be all over the place. Attuma was able to smack around SS a bit.

Angir took down Red Hulk but was one-shotted by Thor.

But for the most part I would say Worthy Juggernaut with the two enhancements was just playing on a whole other level from the rest.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.