Zombie Wars Uk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

the ninjak
The citizens of the U.K. have been attacked by a zombie infection similar to 28 Days Later. The military have completely closed off the island nations from the mainland. But instead of one zombie virus they face TEN different strains. The entire French coastline is militarized are the waters. All infected start at different corners of the nation.
http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae259/the_ninjak/uk_mapSmall.png
Population: 61,113,205.
Let's say all infected treat other infected as the enemy and will seek to destroy their enemy.

1. Which race of zombies do you see gaining killing most of the population?

2. Which zombies do you think can reach the mainland?

3. Which race dominates the rest in the end?

4. Can the real world defeat/contain this threat?

Zombies-

-Romero Zombies. (1968-present)
-Fulci Zombies. (Zombie 1979)
-Dawn of the Dead. (2004)
-28 Days Later Rage virus. (2002-2007)
-BrainDead zombies. (1992)
-City of the Living Dead zombies. (1980) (Zombie Priest included)
-Return of the Living Dead zombies. (1985-2005) BRAINS!
-The Demoni from Lamberto Bava's Demons (1985)
-Lenzi's Nightmare City infected. (1980)
-REC/Quarantine infected (2007-2009)

Let The Apocalypse Begin! Big thanks to Chompers, Sodako and Lestov for the help.

Lord Lucien
Rage zombies are the fastest and most aggressive, with the quickest turning rate (from what I know). But I've never bought in to any explanation as to how zombies are able to overrun all military, police and civilian resistance. Rage zombies maybe, but not the typical shufflers.

Kazenji
The Return of the Living Dead zombies are'nt the typical shufflers tho

they can take bullets and still keep going.

Placidity
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Rage zombies are the fastest and most aggressive, with the quickest turning rate (from what I know). But I've never bought in to any explanation as to how zombies are able to overrun all military, police and civilian resistance. Rage zombies maybe, but not the typical shufflers.

I can tell you now Rage will not win long term. The reason is because the virus doesn't turn people into "zombies", or the living dead. They are still alive, but are mindlessly violent. This means two things:

- they can possibly be infected by a true zombie, and hence join the other team(s).

- they will die of starvation, or likely other causes first. So maximum lifespan of around 40 days (in reality much less due to dehydration, but movie claims starvation).

I'd say they probably have a good advantage during the initial outbreak because they can spread much faster due to their seemingly higher activity than others zombies and also some signs of intelligence.

I haven't seen all of those films, but I'd say Dawn of the Dead (2004) likely has the same chance as others.

- True Zombie, death only by trauma to the brain.
- Fast/aggressive type (unlike some which shuffle along)

I'm guessing the others probably have the same characteristics... so the odds should be about the same.

Likely deviations are probably:

- enhanced physical attributes
- intelligence/ability to adapt/learn

Such as those displayed in "I am Legend" (again not true Zombies).

Anyway...

Depends. If the authorities are aware of them as we are (lets say they've seen all the films), then I'd say they have a high chance of containing it. Even if there are leaks, it would not wipe out the world, as other nations would have taken excessive precautions, for example, the US president would probably live in an isolated self-sustaining environment (a fortified island maybe).

If they aren't aware, and choose to act like the dumbass governments some movies and be like "i dun belive this, sombies are impossibal" during the outbreak, then yea, they are probably screwed. I'd be interested to hear the opinion from some experienced people that work with diseases, like say the CDC, on how they think it would play out.

Oh yea, read World War Z and Zombie Survival Guide, best reads ever for zombie fans.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
They were rabid and vulnerable, but spread fast. They don't have undead survivability. I see the general population having an easier time dealing with some of these others.
The zombies from Return of the Living Dead were fast as well and practically indestructible.
The infected from Nightare City were intelligent and hit major influencial centres.
Originally posted by Placidity
I can tell you now Rage will not win long term. The reason is because the virus doesn't turn people into "zombies", or the living dead. They are still alive, but are mindlessly violent. This means two things:
- they can possibly be infected by a true zombie, and hence join the other team(s).
- they will die of starvation, or likely other causes first. So maximum lifespan of around 40 days (in reality much less due to dehydration, but movie claims starvation).
I agree.

Robtard
Dawn of the Dead (2004) zombies are probably the best overall:

-They're true zombies, ie undead. Takes a head-shot to destroy them
-They retain most of their speed and strength
-They can turn a living person into a zombie in as little as a few minutes.(time varied in the film though)

the ninjak
OK I'll help you guys out with stats for the zombies.

Zombies-

-Romero Zombies. (1968-present) Slow moving. Head shots to kill. Learnt to walk under water and use team work. Bites infect. Planetary infection due to radiation but for the sake of this thread I'll hold it back.

-Fulci Zombies. (Zombie 1979)Slow moving. Can walk oceans/kill sharks. Sadistic killing methods. Bites infect.

-Dawn of the Dead. (2004) Running Zombies. Head shot kills. No water feats. Bites infect.

-28 Days Later Rage virus. (2002-2007) Running Infected. Normal damage to kill. Blood contact or saliva for infection. No water feats.

-BrainDead zombies. (1992) Fast and Slow. Bodyparts can act independently. Total decapitaion will put them down. average intelligence depending on victim.

-City of the Living Dead zombies. (1980) (Zombie Priest included) Slow moving but can teleport. Psychic zombies torture their prey before crushing the back of their skulls. Head shots for take down. Zombie Priest can hypnotize prey and make them vomit their organs. Kill the priest you kill the zombies. These zombies seemed psychic in nature and seemed to coexist in a different plane of reality.

-Return of the Living Dead zombies. (1985-2005) BRAINS! Fast zombies. Practically can't be killed besides total decapition or incineration. Infection through acid rain created by burnt zombies. I don't think their bite spread the disease I could be wrong. Some zombies become intelligent.

-The Demoni from Lamberto Bava's Demons (1985) Fast runners. Dumb but mean. Sharp claws that infect their prey. Acid for blood that can go through metal acid infects. Whatever will KO/Kill a human will kill a demon. No water feats.

-Lenzi's Nightmare City infected. (1980) Fast runners. Radiation infected. Head shot kills only. Hive mind intelligence. Bites spread infection. Zombies need white blood cells to remain active. Very intelligent/sadistic and can use guns and weapons.

-REC/Quarantine infected (2007-2009)Fast runners. Infect though bite. No more info.

Sadako of Girth
A great thread, NinjaK.. Ive still gotta see a few of these...

the ninjak
Well I reckon it's a toss up between City of the Living Dead zombies and the Return of the Living Dead ones. In regards to fighting ability and influence.
Originally posted by Kazenji
The Return of the Living Dead zombies are'nt the typical shufflers tho

they can take bullets and still keep going.
They were relentless and had rubbery biology. They could practicly take any damage and keep moving. Even decapitated arms moved on their own. A severed head would talk. Even if you nuke them they become acid rain that makes more.

darkriddle
...Cool set-up for the Zombie Debate, bro. Kudos!

Lord Lucien
Yeah, brah.

the ninjak
Bumped for the new gen. Feel free to add any other zombie virus of your choosing.

Which virus rules the U.K.? and which has the best chance of spreading throughout the world?

Lestov16
Lenzi's Nightmare City infected sound the most dangerous based on the traits you listed

Flyattractor
....eh...this UK still sounds like a more fun vist then France.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Lestov16
Lenzi's Nightmare City infected sound the most dangerous based on the traits you listed

They were pretty efficient. But they needed white blood cells to survive. Still, more humans means more infected.

Originally posted by Flyattractor
....eh...this UK still sounds like a more fun vist then France.
lolz.

Pwned
I had watched Quarantine 2, the zombies in that showed consiberable stealth. They don't just shuffle and moan, and they can run. They are also stronger than normal humans. However, you can kill them how you kill a human, including suffocation. They take more damage to put down, and vital shots are not super-effective (apart from headshots) but they still die.

All in all, I think the Return zombies take it, simply because killing them will make more. They last the longest due to that. However, the Rage or City zombies probably get the highest kill counts.

the ninjak
I reckon the Return Zombies beat the Rage virus on every level.
They also ran and showed limited intelligence, some even showed advanced intelligence. + the fact that Rage Virus infected were still alive regardless of the horrible effects on their bodies. Though if Rage Virus infected are killed they will turn into the zombie counterparts of their prey.

I'm currently re-watching Rec1 and will soon watch Rec2. They appeared to be partly supernatural in origin. A fact they share with the zombies from City of the Living Dead who had amazing powers.

A point about the Return zombies being able to make more when defeated isn't completely true. They spread further by being burnt or nuked and their ashes reached the sky which in turn created acid rain. Which made more zombies. I can't remember if the rain infected living people though. But the human race did survive their onslaught until the second film even though they appeared nearly indestructible.

If the humans could defeat the Return zombies in every film. Then infected like those in Nightmare City can do the same but arguably easier.

lilshogun
The Zombies from the movie Zombieland are pretty dang fast.

the ninjak
Originally posted by lilshogun
The Zombies from the movie Zombieland are pretty dang fast.

Hey Shogun hows things?

Indeed they were. But compared to these other zombies on the list they are very much the same as the modern day Dawn of the Dead (2004) zombies.
And amongst the more crazy ones like from Return of the Living Dead and Nightmare City they wont last too long.

the ninjak
Just watched REC2 and those infected would kick alot of ass. And would spread pretty quickly as well. It seem the only thing that would put them down permanently is destroying their head.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.