A leaf on the Wind

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zampanó
A new theme is developing, one that I feel is fairly important to the way we look at Star Wars characters. There have been several quotes found where a character indicates that the exercise of power (like rebuilding a palace, or lifting a ship from a gravity well) is harmful to the acquisition of power (like Yoda on Dagobah). Example:
Originally posted by Nephthys

"When i was a teenager, i was able to reach into the gravity well of a Gas Giant and pull a spacecraft out of it. That's something not many Masters can accomplish. I could do because i was strong with the Force... and because i had absolute faith in my right to do so. But i doubt i could do it today, i'm no less skilled, and i'm a lot more powerful. But now i know my intended purpose was not a good one, and that knowledge would deny me the focus i needed to perform the task. So, was i a master then, or am i a master now?"
- Jedi Master Kyp Durron
Does this have ramifications for the way we interpret PIS? Is this going to force us to reexamine the way combatants in the VS forum engage their opponents?

Personally, I love this as an explanation for Luke's wildly inconsistent showings, but I'm sure you all have opinions as well.
Share, discuss, and compile such quotes here!

Nephthys
That quote's from LotF: Exile in case anyone wants to look it up. I dunno about the page no. This is all second hand info.

Yes, this is an interesting concept, and makes quite a good explanation of the inconsistencies in certain characters 'powerlevels'.

Another (old by now) quote:

Also I recall from The Force Unleashed that Galen was terrible at listening to teh Force and at precognition. This could be seen as an extension of this. That his unrestrained Force use deafened him to its subtleties somewhat.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.