Personal Power 2 The Driving Force: Is it relevant after 15 years from its release?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

YankeeWhaler
Next 30 days will do this program and share with you what it is about.

Let me know your feedback as I share with you, but please nothing that would get you banned. embarrasment

YankeeWhaler
Originally posted by YankeeWhaler
Next 30 days will do this program and share with you what it is about.

Let me know your feedback as I share with you, but please nothing that would get you banned. embarrasment

And yes I looked a bit like Fred when I weighed 280, now down to 175.

YankeeWhaler
Preview for Monday: Listen to CD on day one, then write down in a journal the days assignment.

Day 1 on CD Label:

Welcome to Personal Power
How to use the Program
Intro by Ken Blanchard, author of The One Minute Manager

And then...

The Definition of Personal Power: Action!
Most People Major in Minor Things
Making Success a Study
Use the Ultimate Success Formula to Create Any Result!
Success from "Failure" 4 Time All-Time Greats
AND... Your Assignment: Take Action

That is a lot of info, sounds like information overload.

Good thing I have a long commute to work.

StarCraft2
I keep seeing the word Divorce. as my eyes scroll thru the words Driving Force

Robtard
SC2, you need to roundhouse this YankeeWhaler chump.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard

laughing

WTF?

StarCraft2
is that the one with patric swayzee? with mullet like kurt russel? brawl in the bar movie?

YankeeWhaler

Wow, and how do you not get banned? Really; Seriously.

YankeeWhaler
Preview for Monday: Listen to CD on day one, then write down in a journal the days assignment.

Day 1 on CD Label:

Welcome to Personal Power
How to use the Program
Intro by Ken Blanchard, author of The One Minute Manager

And then...

The Definition of Personal Power: Action!
Most People Major in Minor Things
Making Success a Study
Use the Ultimate Success Formula to Create Any Result!
Success from "Failure" 4 Time All-Time Greats
AND... Your Assignment: Take Action

Ok DAY ONE: Package CD Insert states:

Day One The Key to Personal Power
Today you will learn
*The key to unleashing you own personal power
*How to take action consistently
*The Ultimate Success Formula
*How to use role models to save time and energy

Listened to it twice on the commute with the job.

This guy talks fast and frenzied, not sure if I can absorb it all.

That is a lot of info, sounds like information overload.

Robtard
Wow, and how do you not get banned? Really; Seriously.

I have a nice looking penis, so I'm told.

YankeeWhaler

Journal Exercise.

The Ulitimate Formula is:
Know your outcome, take action, Notice what you get from your actions, and if not working, change your approach.
And then find role models who are doing what you want and do the same things and get the same results.

YankeeWhaler
In bold: It's impossible to fail as long as you learn something from what you do! Ok.

So journal assignment is

Two decisons I've been putting off which, when I make them now, will change my life:

Three simple things I can do immediately that will be consistent with my two new decisions.

Sounds easy enough.

YankeeWhaler
I have a nice looking penis, so I'm told.

Well its good to have connections. I was once asked, did anybody ever tell you have a good "shroom. Happy Dance

YankeeWhaler
Well its good to have connections. I was once asked, did anybody ever tell you have a good "shroom. Happy Dance

So what were the 2 decisons you ask that I made today:

First one to have a plan of the day set for the next day. Good deal to have a written plan for the next day to review your routine activities along with working on your goals.

YankeeWhaler
plan-work-day-800x800.jpg

A graphic you can look up that how people typically spend their work day.

Then decide what is important to be done the next day.

Ivy Lee After three months, you can send me a check for whatever you feel it's worth to you."

Said to Charles Schwab a hundred years ago.

He spent ten minutes with each executive and told them to follow the instructions below:

1. In the evening, they should write down the six most important tasks to be done next day and arrange them in order of importance.
2. Next day they should start the first task and finish it before starting anything else.
3. After finishing the first task, they should start the second most important task. They should finish it and then start the third and so on.
4. After their day's work they should spend five minutes making a list for the next day. Unfinished tasks could be put on the new list.
5. They should do this for the next ninety days and check the results.

This system encourages you to focus on your most important tasks. You will then become effective i.e. you will get your key tasks done and dusted. A merely efficient person may get lots of tasks done but they may well not be the tasks that move their life forward. Effectiveness is all about doing the most important tasks even if you leave minor tasks undone.

And the 3rd action to support that decsion?

YankeeWhaler
Time Management Log

Day:__________

Date:________________________

Time | Activities | Comments or Observations |

6:00 a.m. | | |

7:00 a.m. | | |
7:30 a.m. | | |
8:00 a.m. | | |
8:30 a.m. | | |
9:00 a.m. | | |
9:30 a.m. | | |
10:00 a.m.| |
10:30 a.m. | | |
11:00 a.m. | | |
11:30 a.m. | | |
12:00 p.m. | | |
12:30 p.m. | | |
1:00 p.m. | | |
1:30 p.m. | | |
2:00 p.m. | | |
2:30 p.m. | | |
3:00 p.m. | | |
3:30 p.m. | | |
4:00 p.m. | | |
4:30 p.m. | | |
5:00 p.m. | | |
5:30 p.m. | | |
6:00 p.m. | | |
6:30 p.m. | |
7:00 p.m. | |
7:30 p.m. | |
8:00 p.m. | | |
8:30 p.m. | | |
9:00 p.m. | | |
9:30 p.m. | | |
10:00 p.m. | |
10:30 p.m. | |
11:00 p.m. || |
11:30 p.m. | | |
12:00 a.m. | | |

Most of your daily activities may be broken down into these major groups:

* Personal care (showering, getting dressed, etc.)
* Working
* Exercising
* Recreation (watching television, socializing, etc.)
* Tending to others (parenting and care-giving)
* Cooking or eating
* Sleeping
* Commuting

YankeeWhaler
1. In the evening, they should write down the six most important tasks to be done next day and arrange them in order of importance.
2. Next day they should start the first task and finish it before starting anything else.
3. After finishing the first task, they should start the second most important task. They should finish it and then start the third and so on.
4. After their day's work they should spend five minutes making a list for the next day. Unfinished tasks could be put on the new list.
5. They should do this for the next ninety days and check the results.

This system encourages you to focus on your most important tasks. You will then become effective i.e. you will get your key tasks done and dusted. A merely efficient person may get lots of tasks done but they may well not be the tasks that move their life forward. Effectiveness is all about doing the most important tasks even if you leave minor tasks undone.

By the way Chuck sent a check for 25 grand, about 250k in todays dollars, for such simple advice.

YankeeWhaler
So I did all that and filled out my time for the next day in advance Monday to Friday and for the weekend. Want to see it?

YankeeWhaler
Day: Monday to Friday

Date:Next 30 days starting 10/17/2011

Time | Activities | Comments or Observations |

5:15 a.m. | Waking up to ocean waves crashing on beach with my HoMedic alarm clock, also has options: Rain, Rain Forest, Thunder, Summer Night and Waterfall along with the regular alarm option.
After that listen to Tri Sync Method with Jack Canfield. A dose of 3 voices and music to get the right thoughts and images into my head.

5:45 | Get up, test blood sugar, if under 100, eat jelly on bread, and/or if not, go to fridge get 1/2 liter of water bottle, drink down and fill up and put shoes on go for my 5.5 mile walk.

7:15 | Back from walk drink another 1/2 liter fast. Test blood sugar, and eat bowl of breakfast with OJ and Vitacoca water. Take type 2 Diabetes meds and supplements.

7:30 | Listen to Tri Sync method again, hey I had a lot of bad experiences in life and need to fill my with this method to cope and overcome that nonesensical garbage that went on in the past.

8:00 | Shave, floss teeth with Glide and Captain Johnsons toothpics. Good health in the mouth a good thing. Shower up.

8:15 | Water plants outside and straighten room.

8:30 | I read the news today oh boy, look at paper for current events, log on to see what is going on in the world and look at local traffic on tv.

8:45 | Work on personal goals.

10:30 | Leave house for work. bring TR Power 2 THE DRIVING FORCE to listen to along with journal to review.

11:45 | Arrive at work. Since new at work, review procedures to hone the skill sets, knowledge and abiltity to the highest level.

12:15 | Prepare a quick meal. Can of beans for fiber. Fill up 1 litter bottle with water

12:30 p.m| Start work and put a goofy huge smile on my face.
|
1:30 | Get out of chair and stretch and do some jumping jacks for energy. Fill up 1 litter bottle with water.

2:30 | Break time, pear for a snack and do push ups against the wall.

2:40 | Back from break.

3:30 | Get out of chair, jumping jacks and jog in place, Hey sitting down all day slows down the metobalism, get to get it back up. Fill up 1 litter bottle with water

4:30 | Lunch time, yucky Banquet dinner with an apple. Go to bathroom and Fill up 1 litter bottle with water yet again.

5:00 | Back to work with huge grin on my face. Are you happy and you know it, you GOTTA show it.

6:00 p.m. | Do push ups against the wall and Fill up 1 litter bottle with water.

7:00 | Break time. Fill up 1 litter bottle with water.

|
7:10 | Back to work, energized and happy. (The girls hate that, they are always asking what time it is and say its only what o'clock, I say wow its what o'clock already. Newbie at work, not nearly as bored as they are, but hey that is what is up with the H20, oxygen and energy with exercise at work. Hey gotta be there 8 hours, might as well stay as energized as I can, as sitting in a chair for all days reeks havoc on the metabolism big time.

8:00 | More pushups and jumping jacks to get energy level up. Fill up 1 litter bottle with water.

9:00 | End work, go home or maybe have some fun, hangout and stuff on the way home and then go home. All depends who got my interest level up for companioship for the short term.

10:00 | At home maybe, eat a late dinner with chilled Cherry Pinot Noir. Yummy. Take quick shower, floss and brush teeth and mouthwash it.

10:30 | Tri sync method

11:00 p.m| I lay me down to sleep... If I die before I wake may the Good Lord have my soul to take. Unless I am out busy having some fun and stuff, then screw it, maybe literally.

YankeeWhaler
Of course add in time to update KMC, may get to bed later. wink

YankeeWhaler
Yup, that was my first decsion.

2nd one.

Well, hate to say it, but is true. Finance a mess. Big time.

So bancruptcy is the way to go to start over.

Do want a new family in the future, but money situation has to be resolved.

So 1st action to support decsion.

Find cheapo lawyer: Found one that will do it for $200, cool.

2nd action: start the pre counsel sessions online needed before I can file. Pay filing fee.

3rd action: get a list of al creditors to give to lawyers.

Of course, somehow someone I know told a lot of people I mooched off them big time month after month, even after I had a heart attack and did not feel well for 6 months afterwards. Oh well, I will pay them I guess what most people would consider a pittance every week for years on end, to show that I was not using them for money, just wild sex every other day. eek!

YankeeWhaler

Day 2 on CD Label:

What Drives Human Behavior
Procrastination: The Opposite of Personal Power
How to Achieve Permanent Weight Loss and Vibrant Physical Health
The Key to Fulfulling Relationships
Using This Force to Make Millions
How Advertisers Harness This Force
The Secret to Success
Beat "Financial Sabotage"

Your assignment Examine Your "Associations"

YankeeWhaler
On CD insert label for Day 2:

Day 2 The Controlling Force That Direct Your Life

Today what you will learn:

Why we do what we do.
How to harness the twin forces that drive all human behavior
Why you sometimes sabotage yourself
How to use "your greatest motivator"

Day 2 journal assignment to be revealed tomorrow. Folks its a doozy.

YankeeWhaler
Any way nite nite all, sweet dreams. Big day tomorrow, the bosses are back after having the day off, crapola, can't wear jeans for the next 3 days.

YankeeWhaler
Home early, moving to new building and phones lines are up in the new building, but computers are in old building. So I got sent home, hope I don't get fired for low production lately. A new guy is supposed to start with me tomorrow. Hmm, guess some sort of compettion or something, maybe I will be let go. Have to see.

Any way, DAY TWO of the Driving Force 2:

The twin forces that direct our lives: PLEASURE AND PAIN and most people will do far more to avoid pain than we will to gain pleasure.

Makes sense. So the crux message is: USE PAIN AND PLEASURE INSTEAD OF LETTING PAIN AND PLEASURE USE YOU.

So the assignment in the journal is focus on what is most real to you. Therefore to change behavior you must focus our attention on
1. How not changing your behaviour will be more painful than changing it.
2. How changing will bring measurable and immediate pleasure.

OK.

YankeeWhaler
To take control of our lives, we MUST take control of the force of decision. THE POWER TO CHANGE ANYTHING IN LIFE IS BORN THE MOMENT A REAL DECISON IS MADE- WHICH BY DEFINITION IS SOMETHING YOU TAKE IMMEDIATE ACTION UPON.

K.

YankeeWhaler
The assignment is:

1. List 4 new actions you know you should take now.

2. What is the PAIN you have associated with these actions that has kept you from followin through? WRITE IT DOWN.
3. List any PLEASURES you were able to get from not following through on on these four actions.
4. For each of these actions, describe in a paragraph what it will cost you if you DON'T FOLLOW THROUGH. What will you MISS OUT ON? WHAT will you LOSE?
5. Now begin to associate pleasure with takin action by asking yourself these questions, (questions are just evaluations by the way)
SELF:
1. WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS YOU'LL GAIN BY TAKING ACTION IN EACH OF THOSE AREAS NOW?
2.HOW WILL IT ENHANCE YOUR LIFE?
3. HOW WILL IT CREATE GREATER JOY, HAPPINESS, SUCCESS (ANOTHER WORK FOR EFFECTIVE) FREEDOM OR PRIDE?
Write your answers.

Thoren
NOBODY GIVES A FLYING ****, MAN.

YankeeWhaler
Hmm..
1.Four new actoins I should take now:

2. The pain I've associated with these actions in the past:

3.The pleasure I from not following through in the past:

4. What it will cost me if I don't follow through now:

5. The benefits I'll gain by taking action in each of these areas now:

YankeeWhaler
Will have to look into this homework assignment and get back with some answers in a few hours.

YankeeWhaler
My G and g on the computer is stuck, so if any g is missin in words typed sorry about that;.

YankeeWhaler
Originally posted by Thoren
NOBODY GIVES A FLYING ****, MAN.

Unless you are trying to be rude to get someone out of your life, you really should not be negative at all. I know how to do that and have references, some recent. YES, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!inopity+

However, forums are about sharing experiences and information.

Guess Wilco singer is right, some people just want to go online to say no, the sky is not blue with white clouds, its white with blue clouds.

If you don't care then umm, why comment, go away and be contrary somewhere else and say hmmm, thats not for me.

All the drama and trauma, please take it to you mama, gma or your shrink or take another prozac, get drunk or smoke crack, or shoot up smack, or eat another box of jelly donut cakes, or whatever you do to make yourself feel good. stick out tongue

StarCraft2
http://images.killermovies.com/forums/report.gif

YankeeWhaler
Originally posted by StarCraft2

Nah, its just an annoying pest, why get authority figures involved? Had a girl follow me for years and even showed when she found out a had a gf.

Went to a special lake in Illinois and the 2nd time I was there with my gf, she showed up. Did not tell gf as I am sure she would have kicked that girls butt; then at a Outback Steak House in the frickin middle of nowhere Illinois with my gf, the girl was there with her hubby and some other guy, probably dad in law. Thought it was funny because there were flys all over in that restaurant and then when I am walking out behind my gf after the meal, I see the dingleberyy girl at another table and she quicks looks away. She has quite the maggot face with a lot of acne sores, the girl that shows up to greet me in person. Oh well, what can you do but laugh, shake your head and walk away.

Again did NOT want to say anything as then gf gets scared easliy and or prob would have kicked her butt. Guess that girl had Private Investigator tail me or knew someone in l/e to tail me and get back to her.

Would not surprise me none. I could tell you another dozen situations of her showing up out of nowhere, even saw her at my new place at the airport, no less on my bday. Odd, one girl likes me enough to be at the airport when I dropped my daughter off, and right when I got home the other sweetest ex gf calls me on the phone to wish my Happy Bday.

I will pass on both as far as ever getting married to them. Just not my cup of tea, hope the other stays with her hubby and the other one finds a hubby that suits her well.

StarCraft2

so half of my threads get closed and this one isnt?

Robtard
so half of my threads get closed and this one isnt?

The injustice of it all.

StarCraft2
justice for all...

Except for starcraft

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.