If Thanos ranks as a 100 in intelligence...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
If Thanos ranks as a 100 in intelligence, where do the following characters rank?

As is standard, above 100 indicates someone who is smarter than Thanos...under 100 indicates someone who is less intelligent than Thanos.

1) Reed Richards...
2) Doctor Doom...
3) Tony Starks...
4) Lex Luthor...
5) Brainiac...
6) Bruce Wayne...
7) Mephisto...
8) Uatu...
9) Odin...

gogogadgetgo
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
If Thanos ranks as a 100 in intelligence, where do the following characters rank?

As is standard, above 100 indicates someone who is smarter than Thanos...under 100 indicates someone who is less intelligent than Thanos.

1) Reed Richards... - 110
2) Doctor Doom... - 110
3) Tony Starks... - 90
4) Lex Luthor... - 100
5) Brainiac... - 120
6) Bruce Wayne... - 105
7) Mephisto... - 110
8) Uatu... - 150
9) Odin... - 120

Mindset
Doom - 1000
Reed - 150
Tony - 90
Lex - 90
Brainiac - 130
Bruce - 90
Mephisto - 80
Uatu - 100
Odin - Headbutt

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Mindset
Odin - Headbutt http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/gifs/lool.png

cdtm

1) Reed Richards... 20
2) Doctor Doom... 15
3) Tony Starks... 05
4) Lex Luthor... 02
5) Brainiac... .01
6) Bruce Wayne... 10
7) Mephisto... .05
8) Uatu... .10
9) Odin... .000000000001

vansonbee
I believe Thanos excel at ever category, so its kind of unfair for the others, so I kept in mind and rank them in their favorable area of expertise.

95- Reed
90- Doom
80- Stark
90- Lex
85- Brainiac
80- Bruce
90- Mephisto - Prepping in "Fear Itself" arc
75- Uatu - RULK WTF PWN
75- Odin - Headbutt? Seriously?

-Pr-
No Pym? Pfft.

KuRuPT Thanosi
NO way is Reed smarter than Thanos when he's already expressed the fact that he is inferior to thanos in this area

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
NO way is Reed smarter than Thanos when he's already expressed the fact that he is inferior to thanos in this area
Of all the classic characters, including Thanos, Reed and Doom are probably the two smartest.

I don't know if Thanos is top ten material. Maybe.

the ninjak
I reckon only Uatu has a higher sense of intelligence in this.

Though my idea of intelligence is quite abstract.

In regards to creative intelligence Reed and Doom are the beasts.

TheHulk
1) Reed Richards-100.
2) Doctor Doom-100
3) Tony Starks-90
4) Lex Luthor-100
5) Brainiac-150
6) Bruce Wayne-100
7) Mephisto-80
8) Uatu-200
9) Odin-90

cdtm
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
Of all the classic characters, including Thanos, Reed and Doom are probably the two smartest.

I don't know if Thanos is top ten material. Maybe.

Doom claimed one of Thanos's spy gadgets was more advanced than his.

Doom and Reed are good, but Thanos works on a grander scale. Dooms thinking about power jacking Big G or taking over the world, Thanos is supplanting the cosmic beings or becoming allfather of the multiverse...

golem370
The thing I thought was cool is Thanos improving the tech of the Rigellians in just a minute or so. They had the tech to teleport a planet.

cdtm
So they're like Marvels version of Rannians?

golem370
Rigellians- http://marvel.com/universe/Rigellians

One their creations

Indestructible- http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/indestrc.htm

JakeTheBank
Doom - 1000

Quit lowballing Doom, Mindset.

Colossus-Big C
How about The High Evolutionary

And isnt surfer near infinitly smart because of his cosmic awareness?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
How about The High Evolutionary

And isnt surfer near infinitly smart because of his cosmic awareness?

HE is pretty smart.

Intelligence =/= awareness.

nimbus006
1) Reed Richards: 90
2) Doctor Doom: 90
3) Tony Starks: 80
4) Lex Luthor: 85
5) Brainiac: 100-110
6) Bruce Wayne: 90
7) Mephisto: 70
8) Uatu: Abstract, couldn't say
9) Odin: He is the Allfather, but does some seriously stupid shit, therefore: 70 (lowest showing)-120 (where he should be)

Power Cosmic II
Originally posted by nimbus006
1) Reed Richards: 90
2) Doctor Doom: 90
3) Tony Starks: 80
4) Lex Luthor: 85
5) Brainiac: 100-110
6) Bruce Wayne: 90
7) Mephisto: 70
8) Uatu: Abstract, couldn't say
9) Odin: He is the Allfather, but does some seriously stupid shit, therefore: 70 (lowest showing)-120 (where he should be)

FI has made Odin look incredibly foolish.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by cdtm
Doom claimed one of Thanos's spy gadgets was more advanced than his.

Doom and Reed are good, but Thanos works on a grander scale. Dooms thinking about power jacking Big G or taking over the world, Thanos is supplanting the cosmic beings or becoming allfather of the multiverse... Thanos proved one of Doom's power stealing gadgets was more advanced than his... by failing for months to strip and transfer the Power Cosmic.

Thanos thinks about getting roasted by Big G. Thanos being given THOTU isn't a feat. It was a trap designed for him. In the meantime, Doom took Beyonder's power and HoM Wanda's power.

quanchi112
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Thanos proved one of Doom's power stealing gadgets was more advanced than his... by failing for months to strip and transfer the Power Cosmic.

Thanos thinks about getting roasted by Big G. Thanos being given THOTU isn't a feat. It was a trap designed for him. In the meantime, Doom took Beyonder's power and HoM Wanda's power. Thanos wasn't given the hotu. He put himself in that situation and was the best man for the job not Doom. Doom couldn't handle the Beyonder's power and his will was broken.

Bouboumaster

1) Reed Richards - 80
2) Doctor Doom - 79
3) Tony Starks - 70
4) Lex Luthor - 70
5) Brainiac - 75
6) Bruce Wayne - 65
7) Mephisto - I don't think they can compare... Mephisto is more like a cunning dude, note a science mind.
8) Uatu - Like Mephisto
9) Odin - Like Uatu

Desaad
[
1) Reed Richards...300
2) Doctor Doom...290
3) Tony Starks...200
4) Lex Luthor...150
5) Brainiac...310
6) Bruce Wayne... 160
7) Mephisto...90
8) Uatu...50
9) Odin...20

quanchi112
Originally posted by Desaad
laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

carver9
I don't think any of them are smarter than Thanos. Thanos created numerous of clones, perfect clones using his intellect and one of them were more powerful than Galactus himself. Thanos gained the gem through using his devious mind and almost took over the universe.

Mindset
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos wasn't given the hotu. He put himself in that situation and was the best man for the job not Doom. Doom couldn't handle the Beyonder's power and his will was broken. That Doom's soul was broken, or something to that effect.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Thanos proved one of Doom's power stealing gadgets was more advanced than his... by failing for months to strip and transfer the Power Cosmic.

Thanos thinks about getting roasted by Big G. Thanos being given THOTU isn't a feat. It was a trap designed for him. In the meantime, Doom took Beyonder's power and HoM Wanda's power.

Doom already admitted Thanos tech is more advanced. Period. No amount of spinning changes this fact.

OneDumbG0
^ Thanos has more advanced spy tech by Doom's statements. Doom has more advanced time travel tech and energy siphoning/transferrence tech by Doom's tech feats. No amount of spinning changes these facts. Originally posted by Mindset
That Doom's soul was broken, or something to that effect. His soul was incomplete due to the Beyonder's temporal tampering when he plucked Doom from the present and sent him to the past. Doom's greatest feats > Thanos', straight up. Originally posted by carver9
I don't think any of them are smarter than Thanos. Thanos created numerous of clones, perfect clones using his intellect and one of them were more powerful than Galactus himself. Thanos gained the gem through using his devious mind and almost took over the universe. The clones were disastrous mistakes even according to Thanos. And with respect to the Infinity Gems, Thanos benefitted from an amp by Death, her Infinity Well, loads of prep time and a long campaign. Doom had a few hours to tackle the Beyonder after he had already been devastated by Galactus' power.

THOTU obviously doesn't even enter the equation considering he was gifted it and fooled into taking it.

Bentley
Doom already admitted Kang's tech is more advanced. Period. No amount of spinning changes this fact.

Just jumping in, you know, to help ODG shifty

cdtm
Originally posted by Bentley
Just jumping in, you know, to help ODG shifty

That kills my argument..

Although I also would have accepted Daredevil admitting Captain America is faster, when he clearly isn't.

One indisputable fact though:

Doom's been defeated or outplayed. Thanos never really has been.. The only times he's really been beaten on the big stage, is when he beats himself because of his mental blocks..

Bentley
I think that when your ego is as big as Doom's you can take your declarations of inferiority quite seriously. Kang's tech also proved to be better in Infinity War...

OneDumbG0
^ Kang not having the wherewithal to recognize and openly admit that Doom's other tech is better than his own can't be held against Doom. Particularly when it's Doom's tech that forms the basis of Kang's tech and his empire in the first place. Originally posted by cdtm
That kills my argument..

Although I also would have accepted Daredevil admitting Captain America is faster, when he clearly isn't.

One indisputable fact though:

Doom's been defeated or outplayed. Thanos never really has been.. The only times he's really been beaten on the big stage, is when he beats himself because of his mental blocks.. Iron Man? Original Adam Warlock? Odin? Squirrel Girl? Annihilus? And those are just his utter defeats or where he's utterly duped. Then there's him getting tooled by Magus at various times, murdered by Drax (twice), spanked by Galactus, etc.

Thanos being Thanos' own worst enemy isn't exactly something to be proud of.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/More%20Random/Thanos11.jpg

Bentley
^ Kang not having the wherewithal to recognize and openly admit that Doom's other tech is better than his own can't be held against Doom. Particularly when it's Doom's tech that forms the basis of Kang's tech and his empire in the first place.

Dude, I'm trying to help you here mad

Did you miss those scans where Doom admits Kang is his superior (techwise)? They are in the last page of my respect thread, see the context if you want to, Avengers v1 25. Or we could refer to him needed his tech in Infinity War. Or to an infant Nathaniel Richards manhandling his tech with his personal armor roll eyes (sarcastic)

Seriously though, my point was that nobody -not even me- would argue that Kang is smarter than Doom because his tech is more advanced, and that the same criterea should be applied to Thanos.

basilisk
Originally posted by Bentley
I think that when your ego is as big as Doom's you can take your declarations of inferiority quite seriously. Kang's tech also proved to be better in Infinity War...

On the other hand, Thanos has the tech he has because he grew up in a super-advanced civilization and has accumulated tech from various other advanced alien races. Whereas Doom grew up in a relatively low-tech environment but has invented time travel and energy siphons more advanced than Thanos's. Someone like Apocalypse uses Celestial tech, which would impress most people if they saw it, but in private he admits he doesn't understand it. It's not always easy to compare this stuff.

If we compared Archimedes or Newton to some guy on the street today who has 500 apps on his iPhone, drives a car with onboard computer systems and GPS navigation, and microwaves his genetically modified food to eat, I think I know who I would still bet on as likely to be the most 'intelligent'.

Bentley
I'm not saying that Kang is smarter though, and that's exactly my point.

But Kang by his own right is a genius, as his advances in time physics are a personal development -including constructing multiversal artifacts-, and he's an expert in robotics since he was a kid. With low tech he managed to remain in suspended animation for millenia and altered XIXth century tech so he could control robots a century later. Just for the record.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Doctor Doom - Over 9000.

OneDumbG0
^ Win. Originally posted by Bentley
Dude, I'm trying to help you here mad

Did you miss those scans where Doom admits Kang is his superior (techwise)? They are in the last page of my respect thread, see the context if you want to, Avengers v1 25. Or we could refer to him needed his tech in Infinity War. Or to an infant Nathaniel Richards manhandling his tech with his personal armor roll eyes (sarcastic)

Seriously though, my point was that nobody -not even me- would argue that Kang is smarter than Doom because his tech is more advanced, and that the same criterea should be applied to Thanos. Ah... I see now what you were trying to say. uhuh

I retract nothing I've said anyway. biscuits

KuRuPT Thanosi
^ Thanos has more advanced spy tech by Doom's statements. Doom has more advanced time travel tech and energy siphoning/transferrence tech by Doom's tech feats. No amount of spinning changes these facts. His soul was incomplete due to the Beyonder's temporal tampering when he plucked Doom from the present and sent him to the past. Doom's greatest feats > Thanos', straight up. The clones were disastrous mistakes even according to Thanos. And with respect to the Infinity Gems, Thanos benefitted from an amp by Death, her Infinity Well, loads of prep time and a long campaign. Doom had a few hours to tackle the Beyonder after he had already been devastated by Galactus' power.

THOTU obviously doesn't even enter the equation considering he was gifted it and fooled into taking it.

Post the scene... I don't remember the term spy tech used.. and just remember it as Thanos tech in general is more advanced. Do you remember thanos creating an all new gem? that ranks up there with being greater than anything do has ever done.

Surely you don't wanna talk about losses... my god... Doom has so many more of them compared to Thanos it's not even funny. In fact, when Doom gets duped and punked it's by earth's heroes.. when Thanos does... it's by skyfathers or cosmics. You're right, they are worlds apart.

cdtm
Iron Man? Original Adam Warlock? Odin? Squirrel Girl? Annihilus? And those are just his utter defeats or where he's utterly duped. Then there's him getting tooled by Magus at various times, murdered by Drax (twice), spanked by Galactus, etc.

IM was a Thanos clone. Warlock is a good point. Annihilus did dupe him, but Thanos was on his way to setting things right, until Drax stepped in..

And there's no shame in getting spanked by Galactus, or eventually getting killed by an entity tailor made to kill you. But when he had the Cosmic Cube, Infinity Gauntlet, or HOTU, no hero could take it from him. The same can't be said of Doom with, say, Galactus's power, as Reed Richards usually manages to take his power from him.

Bentley
peaches

OneDumbG0
Post the scene... I don't remember the term spy tech used.. and just remember it as Thanos tech in general is more advanced. Do you remember thanos creating an all new gem? that ranks up there with being greater than anything do has ever done.

Surely you don't wanna talk about losses... my god... Doom has so many more of them compared to Thanos it's not even funny. In fact, when Doom gets duped and punked it's by earth's heroes.. when Thanos does... it's by skyfathers or cosmics. You're right, they are worlds apart. You post the scene. You're the one acting like Doom was talking about all of Thanos' tech when he didn't even know it was Thanos in the first place. Thanos used the Infinity Gems to make a Star Gem capable of blowing up stars. That's about the dumbest, most unintentionally ironic downgrading feat in comics. Turning universal level artifacts into a star destroyer. Only Thanos...

Yeah, like Earth heroes never ruined Thanos' plans. You can pretend Earth heroes never thwarted Thanos. Hilarious. Originally posted by cdtm
IM was a Thanos clone. Warlock is a good point. Annihilus did dupe him, but Thanos was on his way to setting things right, until Drax stepped in.. ... what? Originally posted by cdtm
And there's no shame in getting spanked by Galactus, or eventually getting killed by an entity tailor made to kill you. But when he had the Cosmic Cube, Infinity Gauntlet, or HOTU, no hero could take it from him. The same can't be said of Doom with, say, Galactus's power, as Reed Richards usually manages to take his power from him. True. Doom got spanked by Galactus once. And Doom repaid him by spanking him twice thereafter. Thanos still wets his bed over what Galactus did to him. THOTU is irrelevant. Again, if TOAA wants you to have something, that's not a feat of Thanos', it's TOAA's. Reed used the Cosmic Cube to take Galactus' power away. I'm sure if a foe had an artifact of equal or greater power, they'd have taken Thanos' power away also.

Power Cosmic II
Doom's armor analyzed the Beyonder's energies, but he used Galactus' tech to actually steal the power from the Beyonder.

OneDumbG0
^ Techincally speaking, he transmuted his own armor with Galactus' power actually.

Power Cosmic II
^ Techincally speaking, he transmuted his own armor with Galactus' power actually.

I don't have the scan here (I'm at work) but he literally says "with the help of Galactus' machines" to siphon the beyonder's power

OneDumbG0
^ You were right. It's both actually: http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Doom%20Fights/DoomvsBeyonder07.jpg

Power Cosmic II
^cool.

KuRuPT Thanosi
You post the scene. You're the one acting like Doom was talking about all of Thanos' tech when he didn't even know it was Thanos in the first place. Thanos used the Infinity Gems to make a Star Gem capable of blowing up stars. That's about the dumbest, most unintentionally ironic downgrading feat in comics. Turning universal level artifacts into a star destroyer. Only Thanos...

Yeah, like Earth heroes never ruined Thanos' plans. You can pretend Earth heroes never thwarted Thanos. Hilarious. ... what? True. Doom got spanked by Galactus once. And Doom repaid him by spanking him twice thereafter. Thanos still wets his bed over what Galactus did to him. THOTU is irrelevant. Again, if TOAA wants you to have something, that's not a feat of Thanos', it's TOAA's. Reed used the Cosmic Cube to take Galactus' power away. I'm sure if a foe had an artifact of equal or greater power, they'd have taken Thanos' power away also.

You never... ever want to get into a discussion talking about who has lost more.. and certainly not who has lost mroe to earth's heroes... they are worlds apart with Thanos not losing as much and being considerably more powerful in general. WHen Galactus, Tyrant and Odin meet Thanos... the certainly view him as an exponentionally more dangerous foe than Doom.. Doom they would just laugh at.

Your forget and always leave out.. Thanos was CHOOSEN because of his experience with ultimate power and his body being used to having power coercing through his body... Doom was NOT choosen because he's inferior to Thanos is this way.. and virtually ever way for that matter.

Thanos has taken over the universe(s) multiple times over... Doom can't even take over earth... again you're right.. they are worlds apart in temrs of power and accomplishments.

Bentley
Doom has taken over Earth... Twice, if you count 2099.

Immortus has more timellines than Thanos over his control eek!

None of that is directly related with intelligence though.

OneDumbG0
You never... ever want to get into a discussion talking about who has lost more.. and certainly not who has lost mroe to earth's heroes... they are worlds apart with Thanos not losing as much and being considerably more powerful in general. WHen Galactus, Tyrant and Odin meet Thanos... the certainly view him as an exponentionally more dangerous foe than Doom.. Doom they would just laugh at. Losing more because you are actually relevant and, therefore, appear more has nothing to do with intelligence. And you can bet Galactus, Beyonder, and Marquis of Death consider Doom more threatenign than Thanos. Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Your forget and always leave out.. Thanos was CHOOSEN because of his experience with ultimate power and his body being used to having power coercing through his body... Doom was NOT choosen because he's inferior to Thanos is this way.. and virtually ever way for that matter. You're injecting Thanos' own self-aggrandization of himself on his ability to acclimmate to ultimate power which came BEFORE the revelation that it was all a trap and he was the trap's target because:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/More%20Random/Thanos18.jpg

^ That's exactly why he was chosen. The specific reason. Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Thanos has taken over the universe(s) multiple times over... Doom can't even take over earth... again you're right.. they are worlds apart in temrs of power and accomplishments. You're retarded if you think Doom hasn't taken over Earth, other realms and the universe itself. Doom's greatest accomplishments > Thanos'. Doom's intelligence > Thanos'.

psycho gundam
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/More%20Random/Thanos11.jpg ouch

KuRuPT Thanosi
Losing more because you are actually relevant and, therefore, appear more has nothing to do with intelligence. And you can bet Galactus, Beyonder, and Marquis of Death consider Doom more threatenign than Thanos. You're injecting Thanos' own self-aggrandization of himself on his ability to acclimmate to ultimate power which came BEFORE the revelation that it was all a trap and he was the trap's target because:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/More%20Random/Thanos18.jpg

^ That's exactly why he was chosen. The specific reason. You're retarded if you think Doom hasn't taken over Earth, other realms and the universe itself. Doom's greatest accomplishments > Thanos'. Doom's intelligence > Thanos'.

Doom is about as meaningful and as good at taking over earth as Poccy... yeah it's close to that bad. That must suck huh?

You forget Adam Warlock's take on it don't you... after it was revealed how it was all set in motion... You were choosen because of you WILL Titan. Funny enough, doom with his so called high will power.. wasn't up to the task. Then again, much like in every other category in terms of powers and abilities... Doom is far far behind Thanos.

Yeah I know you don't want to talk about Losses.. cause you would be made to look like a fool just like doom has.. that is why you want to skirt around the subject or make excuses like.. ooo he's just appeared more that's why... Well.. you'd think having appeared more he'd have a WAY better percentage of achieving his goals huh? Taking over earth 1 time (no future take over) in HOW MANY tries.. shit.. forget about taking ove earth.. he gets thwarted each and every time he appears. Talk about a piss poor record.. if he was a baseball player he would be below the mendoza line.. sad.

Bentley
While that still doesn't directly relate to intelligence, it's true that Doom always means to control Earth and fails, while Thanos and Kang fail because their efforts are half-hearted and they don't go all out.

Just saying peaches

Nihilist
A few may be slightly smarter Thanos in some ways, but few are as well rounded in tech,genetics,science and magic as Thanos is combined

quanchi112
That Doom's soul was broken, or something to that effect. Which speaks mountains about his intelligence or when he thought he could kill Akh until Thanos saved his mortal life. What about that time Doom tried taking on Thanos with the ig or the Magus. The guy sets his goals too high and usually embarrasses himself.

Mindset
Which speaks mountains about his intelligence That makes absolutely no sense...

I honestly don't know how you thought of that, typed it out it, then read it, and thought it made any sense.

carver9
^ Thanos has more advanced spy tech by Doom's statements. Doom has more advanced time travel tech and energy siphoning/transferrence tech by Doom's tech feats. No amount of spinning changes these facts. His soul was incomplete due to the Beyonder's temporal tampering when he plucked Doom from the present and sent him to the past. Doom's greatest feats > Thanos', straight up. The clones were disastrous mistakes even according to Thanos. And with respect to the Infinity Gems, Thanos benefitted from an amp by Death, her Infinity Well, loads of prep time and a long campaign. Doom had a few hours to tackle the Beyonder after he had already been devastated by Galactus' power.

You missed my point. My point isn't what happened "after" the creation of the clones, my point is, he created life like creatures, powerful creature with his scientific mind.

None of the people on that list have that ft or anything close to it.

Mindset
Making clones is stupid.

Now Doombots, that's something impressive.

carver9
Lol.

Black bolt z
1) Reed Richards...200
2) Doctor Doom...199
3) Tony Starks...75
4) Lex Luthor...90
5) Brainiac...Don't know
6) Bruce Wayne...50
7) Mephisto...Mephisto isn't all that incredibly smart. He's much more cunning than anything else.
8) Uatu...Once again Uatu isn't all extremely intelligent. Much more wise than thanos, but smart....?
9) Odin...Headbutt as well.

OneDumbG0
Doom is about as meaningful and as good at taking over earth as Poccy... yeah it's close to that bad. That must suck huh?

You forget Adam Warlock's take on it don't you... after it was revealed how it was all set in motion... You were choosen because of you WILL Titan. Funny enough, doom with his so called high will power.. wasn't up to the task. Then again, much like in every other category in terms of powers and abilities... Doom is far far behind Thanos. I'd actually analogize Apocalypse and Thanos quite closely. I never thought of Poccy, but yeah, they literally are that much phailbait.

Thanos was chosen for his will and his destructive nature because he was foolish enough to take it. Thanos knew exactly why he got picked and he was humbled. There was no pride in being gifted THOTU as part of a trap that preyed on his ego. Him accepting that truth was character growth. And as a fan of Thanos trying to spin that sh1t any other way not only is retarded, it's insulting to the character itself. Read Thanos' own lips:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/More%20Random/Thanos15.jpg Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Yeah I know you don't want to talk about Losses.. cause you would be made to look like a fool just like doom has.. that is why you want to skirt around the subject or make excuses like.. ooo he's just appeared more that's why... Well.. you'd think having appeared more he'd have a WAY better percentage of achieving his goals huh? Taking over earth 1 time (no future take over) in HOW MANY tries.. shit.. forget about taking ove earth.. he gets thwarted each and every time he appears. Talk about a piss poor record.. if he was a baseball player he would be below the mendoza line.. sad. He's taken over Earth 3 times you idiot. Read a f*cking comic and learn to take your head out of your a$$ before discussing characters you know sh1t about. This thread is about intelligence. And Doom's inventions are greater than Thanos'. Trying to shift this over to feats and Doom still wins. Your red herring crap and complete misinformation tactics don't change that. Take your butt-hurt over Thanos' greatest feat being a complete non-feat because TOAA wanted him to have THOTU and pout in silence. Originally posted by Bentley
While that still doesn't directly relate to intelligence, it's true that Doom always means to control Earth and fails, while Thanos and Kang fail because their efforts are half-hearted and they don't go all out. Doom's succeeded and gave it up voluntarily because he was bored. Not because he was b1tchmade and knew he wasn't worthy of it (like Thanos) or couldn't man up and beat Cap (like Kang).

JakeTheBank
I'd actually analogize Apocalypse and Thanos quite closely. I never thought of Poccy, but yeah, they literally are that much phailbait.

Thanos was chosen for his will and his destructive nature because he was foolish enough to take it. Thanos knew exactly why he got picked and he was humbled. There was no pride in being gifted THOTU as part of a trap that preyed on his ego. Him accepting that truth was character growth. And as a fan of Thanos trying to spin that sh1t any other way not only is retarded, it's insulting to the character itself. Read Thanos' own lips:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/More%20Random/Thanos15.jpg He's taken over Earth 3 times you idiot. Read a f*cking comic and learn to take your head out of your a$$ before discussing characters you know sh1t about. This thread is about intelligence. And Doom's inventions are greater than Thanos'. Trying to shift this over to feats and Doom still wins. Your red herring crap and complete misinformation tactics don't change that. Take your butt-hurt over Thanos' greatest feat being a complete non-feat because TOAA wanted him to have THOTU and pout in silence. Doom's succeeded and gave it up voluntarily because he was bored. Not because he was b1tchmade and knew he wasn't worthy of it (like Thanos) or couldn't man up and beat Cap (like Kang).

thumb up

SWblayde938
T'Challa is smarter then thanos

quanchi112
That makes absolutely no sense...

I honestly don't know how you thought of that, typed it out it, then read it, and thought it made any sense. The fact he fails an dfails hard shows in the end he's really not that intelligent. I mean I guess unless you believe failure equals really intelligent.

Mindset
The fact he fails an dfails hard shows in the end he's really not that intelligent. I mean I guess unless you believe failure equals really intelligent. You are actually being retarded now.

Nihilist
Doom with shit loads of and his own created version of the Destroyer still couldn't beat Thor

cdtm
Doom's succeeded and gave it up voluntarily because he was bored. Not because he was b1tchmade and knew he wasn't worthy of it (like Thanos) or couldn't man up and beat Cap (like Kang).

Comic?

I heard of something similar, but it happened in a novel, not a comic book.

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by cdtm
Comic?

I heard of something similar, but it happened in a novel, not a comic book.
Emperor Doom, a classic, in continuity.

That happens when you don't know the characters you are debating about.

Bentley
Originally posted by OneDumbG0 Doom's succeeded and gave it up voluntarily because he was bored. Not because he was b1tchmade and knew he wasn't worthy of it (like Thanos) or couldn't man up and beat Cap (like Kang).

And yet Doom still tries to conquer the world, talk about lacking of character growth roll eyes (sarcastic)

Kang kind of gave it up voluntarily by ignoring Marcus horniness towards Ms. Marvel, Thanos is just a wuss.

Desaad
Doom already admitted Thanos tech is more advanced. Period. No amount of spinning changes this fact.

That doesn't make him smarter. It means he had access to the technology of an advanced alien society, the Titans.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by SWblayde938
T'Challa is smarter then thanos
T'Challa is a moron. He spent his honey moon with Storm reading books.

quanchi112
You are actually being retarded now. That's not an actual retort. Like Doom you fail here.

Mindset
That's not an actual retort. Like Doom you fail here. Except he has also succeeded.

Thanos has failed and failed.

Voldemort has failed and failed...and failed.

Villains fail, that's what they do.

quanchi112
Except he has also succeeded.

Thanos has failed and failed.

Voldemort has failed and failed...and failed.

Villains fail, that's what they do. You're missing the point. Yes, at the end of the day the villain always fails but my point is reaching their goals. Thanos does so while Doom tries and tries. He fails before he reaches his goals unlike Thanos.

Mindset
You're missing the point. Yes, at the end of the day the villain always fails but my point is reaching their goals. Thanos does so while Doom tries and tries. He fails before he reaches his goals unlike Thanos. Except Doom has accomplished his goals of taking over the Earth, taking Galactus' and Beyonder's power...

Mindset
He also beat MOD.

Quan, you're wrong, just accept it.

quanchi112
Except Doom has accomplished his goals of taking over the Earth, taking Galactus' and Beyonder's power... Small time goals. Thanos has taken out half of the universe's population, acquired the cc, and the hotu. He's also recently taken out the cancerverse and the hold life had over death there. Doom's good but Thanos is the best.

-Pr-
Doom once beat Bada in a fight. He wins.

Mindset
Small time goals. Thanos has taken out half of the universe's population, acquired the cc, and the hotu. He's also recently taken out the cancerverse and the hold life had over death there. Doom's good but Thanos is the best. Nice quaneuvering.

Those are not small time goals. Stealing cosmic beings powers and beating cosmic beings isn't small time goals. Doom has also had a cc.

Doom has accomplished his goals.

You lost, accept it.

quanchi112
Nice quaneuvering.

Those are not small time goals. Stealing cosmic beings powers and beating cosmic beings isn't small time goals. Doom has also had a cc.

Doom has accomplished his goals.

You lost, accept it. It's the truth. Stealing surfer's power was a big upgrade for Doom but something like that doesn't even register on Thanos' radar. Too small time. Doom failed to acquire the ig and the hotu both of which Thanos acquired.

Thanos is the best.

Bentley
T'challa could be smarter than Thanos by feats shifty

And let's face it, the most succesful villain in Marvel is Kang.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.