Gaddafi Captured and/or Dead?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lestov16
http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/20/world/africa/libya-war/

Bardock42
Dead apparently.

Omega Vision
This isn't the end, but it's a huge moment for the Libyan people.

Now if only the same would happen to Assad.

AsbestosFlaygon
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/10/20/us-libya-idUSTRE79F1FK20111020

Seems legit.

Edit:
I just saw the actual video of the dead Gaddafi in TheYNC. It's legit as it gets.

SamZED
I pray to God that doesnt happen to Assad. He's no saint but his rule beats the altetrantive.

ADarksideJedi
I am glad that they caught him at last. Hopfully soon that country can go back to normal.

Lestov16
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
I am glad that they caught him at last. Hopfully soon that country can go back to normal.

what is normal?

Digi
lol, normal. Normal is the dictatorship they've been under for decades. I hope they actually manage free elections without a bunch of controversy.

majid86
It looks like the Zionists have pretty much got a hold of Libya from now on end.

Gadafi wasnt perfect but did manage to do alot for his country.

Robtard
Another Islamic dictator dead. +1 for the planet.

majid86
Another Zionist/Pro Western Arab Country - 100 for the Arabs.
These Arabs dont realize that are gonna eventually destroy their own countries with this democracy crap.

Robtard
So you agree that Arabs can't function in a free society, they need deplorable leaders beating and killing them into order. Interesting.

SamZED
Originally posted by Robtard
Another Islamic dictator dead. +1 for the planet. The planet is perfectly fine the way it is. + 1 for zionists only.

Originally posted by majid86
It looks like the Zionists have pretty much got a hold of Libya from now on end.

Gadafi wasnt perfect but did manage to do alot for his country. Would rather have it run by a dictator then bent over to zionists.

So you agree that Arabs can't function in a free society, they need deplorable leaders beating and killing them into order. Interesting. What he's saying - not every country needs your model of democracy. Besides, they're arent building "free society", they're trying to ruin another country just so Israel could do a happy dance.

majid86
Originally posted by SamZED
The planet is perfectly fine the way it is. + 1 for zionists only.

Would rather have it run by a dictator then bent over to zionists.

Unfortunetly, yes like i said before Gadafi was not perfect but he did make progress for Libya.
Better a Libyan rulling Libya rather than a Zionist pro-western leader lets say like King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia.

I was very glad that Hosni Mubarak was overthrown over in Egypt but with Gadafi its different. I hope Asad stays in power and it looks like he will.

The 3 countries that will benefit from this Arab Spring are Israel, Iran & India because they all have a common hatred for the Arabs.
Pakistan, Turkey & Indonesia need to get involved for the sake of the Muslim World.

SamZED
Unfortunetly, yes like i said before Gadafi was not perfect but he did make progress for Libya.
Better a Libyan rulling Libya rather than a Zionist pro-western leader lets say like King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia.

I was very glad that Hosni Mubarak was overthrown over in Egypt but with Gadafi its different. I hope Asad stays in power and it looks like he will.

The 3 countries that will benefit from this Arab Spring are Israel, Iran & India because they all have a common hatred for the Arabs.
Pakistan, Turkey & Indonesia need to get involved for the sake of the Muslim World. The difference with Syria, I know for a fact people actually support Asad. The "oppoisition" is a minority so if anyone really cared about what people want, he'd stay in power. Unfortunately, we all know this has nothing to do with freedom and with what people want.

Robtard
The planet is perfectly fine the way it is. + 1 for zionists only.

What he's saying - not every country needs your model of democracy. Besides, they're arent building "free society", they're trying to ruin another country just so Israel could do a happy dance.

Lack of basic freedoms for people is awesome, eh. Easy to say when you're not in it. Yes, I understand you hate Jews and the Evil America-Israel Empire blah, blah, blah, it's so 2007 though.

Correct, not every country needs it, just some would be better off, like Libya.

majid86
Stupid Dago

Robtard
Stupid Dago

You try way too hard to be that edgy racist guy; you've been told this before. You should listen and rethink your trolling-angle.

REXXXX
Yes, Gaddafi is no more. Saw the video on al-Jazeera. Yeesh.

I think this will be good for the Libyan people. Yes, Gaddafi did a lot for them, but he had reached the point where he was no longer doing good things for them. He was a tyrannical dictator who did lots of bad things.

As for Majid... I don't tolerate the racism crap. Watch what you say.

Thoren
I love Rob.

No homo. 13

Robtard
Originally posted by Thoren
I love Rob.

No homo. 13

I love you too.

It's not homo if you close your eyes.

dadudemon
I have mixed feelings on his death.

It would have been nice if he could have let his pride go and just given up to get asylum somewhere.

He could have saved the lives of the supporters that are and will continue to die in vain if he told them to "move on" and gave up. Maybe I'm blinded because I'm aproaching this with a "life is sacred" and "I'd care about my people" type of attitude. But I wanted this to go down a bit differently.

It's not homo if you close your eyes.

No, it's when you kiss.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Digi
lol, normal. Normal is the dictatorship they've been under for decades. I hope they actually manage free elections without a bunch of controversy.

Hilarious.

Yeah, 'dictatorship' that had better healthcare and education system than many places in Europe or America.

I hope NATO chokes on the oil they stole from Libya. Gaddafi was a leader loved by his people. These ''rebels'' with connections to Al-Quaida are supported by the NATO and Anglo-American imperial machine...and that will backfire just like Taliban did.

Rather than being a 'dictator', I am inclined to believe that he was 'taken care of' as he not so long ago he unveiled his plan to start trading oil in actual gold instead of the dollar. This would sagnificantly aid the African and Middle Eastern countries and would not be favourable for the Ameros or Euros (clearly).

Same with Saddam who publicly said he'd like to stop trading in dollars and start trading in euros...and we know how that ended.

lil bitchiness
The difference with Syria, I know for a fact people actually support Asad. The "oppoisition" is a minority so if anyone really cared about what people want, he'd stay in power. Unfortunately, we all know this has nothing to do with freedom and with what people want.

I support Assad too, and I am happy Russia grew some balls and finally stepped in and veto'd the proposed ''attack'' on Syria.

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by REXXXX
Yes, Gaddafi is no more. Saw the video on al-Jazeera. Yeesh.

I think this will be good for the Libyan people. Yes, Gaddafi did a lot for them, but he had reached the point where he was no longer doing good things for them. He was a tyrannical dictator who did lots of bad things.

As for Majid... I don't tolerate the racism crap. Watch what you say.
I thought you'd never come back.

I missed you. cry

Omega Vision
I pray to God that doesnt happen to Assad. He's no saint but his rule beats the altetrantive.
I don't think that's true at this point.

More importantly the other Arab leaders are starting to see that isn't true.

Assad's continued rule is a destabilizing factor, not a stabilizer.

Edit: To clarify, I'm not advocating military intervention in Syria at this point, but I do think Assad needs to go, he's a brutal tyrant imposing minority Shia rule on the Sunni majority.

Robtard
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Hilarious.

Yeah, 'dictatorship' that had better healthcare and education system than many places in Europe or America.

I hope NATO chokes on the oil they stole from Libya. Gaddafi was a leader loved by his people. These ''rebels'' with connections to Al-Quaida are supported by the NATO and Anglo-American imperial machine...and that will backfire just like Taliban did.

Rather than being a 'dictator', I am inclined to believe that he was 'taken care of' as he not so long ago he unveiled his plan to start trading oil in actual gold instead of the dollar. This would sagnificantly aid the African and Middle Eastern countries and would not be favourable for the Ameros or Euros (clearly).

Same with Saddam who publicly said he'd like to stop trading in dollars and start trading in euros...and we know how that ended.

Yet it was a dictatorship despite good schooling and healthcare systems.

Gaddafi was loved; he was also hated, especially from the relatives of his own people he had tortured and/or killed due to speaking out against him. The guy was basically a supafly gangster, took what he wanted, when he wanted.

No, he was a dictator by the very definition of the word. Possible, sounds more like a conspiracy.

Saddam was loved to by many of his people, doesn't mean he wasn't known to be a dictator too.

dadudemon
Dictator is no a bad word, Robtard.

You're looking for Tyrannical Dictator.

Robtard
Originally posted by dadudemon
Dictator is no a bad word, Robtard.

You're looking for Tyrannical Dictator.

Yes, I know and that wasn't my point. Just that Gaddafi was a dictator by the very definition of the word.

No, I am not. Dictator can also imply negative sentiments along with the 'absolute rule' aspect.

Omega Vision
Insane dictator...

...and its not as if the Western Powers instigated the uprising, they just found their opportunity to get rid of Gadaffi. I hold no illusions of the west's intentions being pure, but there's no mistaking that Libya is better off without the guy.

To hell with health care if you live in an arbitrary police state.

WanderingDroid
This is one dictator's death the Europeans aren't going to bitchy and moan for....us godawful American War-mongers....

*cough*

Omega Vision
LMAO I just saw LB claiming Gadaffi was loved by the Libyan people.

If that were the case Tripoli, his supposed stronghold and place where he was most supported outside of Sirtre wouldn't have capitulated the instant rebels appeared at the gates.

There's a fallacy in assessing a leader's popularity when said leader rules by fear. Are there going to be some who legitimately support him? Yeah, Sirtre showed that. But do most genuinely support him who claim they do when his men are in earshot? erm

Lord Lucien
Gaddafi was a leader loved by his people. That definitely explained why so many of them turned on him like a pack of ferals. Or did you mean specifically Gadhafi's tribe?

SamZED
Lack of basic freedoms for people is awesome, eh. Easy to say when you're not in it. Yes, I understand you hate Jews and the Evil America-Israel Empire blah, blah, blah, it's so 2007 though.

Correct, not every country needs it, just some would be better off, like Libya. I dont hate jews and I dont hate "evil America". But im not surprisded you think that way. That's a typical opinion of a brainwashed person. "Somebody doesnt agree with Israel's policy = hates freedom, supports terrorists and is anti-semitic". Its like saying - You dont like fascism so you must hate all germans. They spend a lot of money on information war, so its not really your fault, you're a victim like many others.

Yeah, and look how greatly it turned out so far. For Iraq and I bet Libyia will be a land of the free in no time.

Sarcasm aside, "easy to say cause you're not there". Ive been there. There's no "lack of basic freedoms". Media makes you believe people live in fear and terror just so noone would complain when country goes straight to hell after you force your model of democracy on it. Take Syria for example. Newsflash. People live fine there, go to cafes, restaurants, spend time in internet clubs, pretty much enjoy their lives. They're not supressed or terrorized. Its not easy to get a job or start a buiseness and taxes are pretty high, true. But that's the case in many countries. That's pretty much it. Again, id rather it stayed that way than have it flushed down the toilet thanks to the "freedom".

I support Assad too, and I am happy Russia grew some balls and finally stepped in and veto'd the proposed ''attack'' on Syria. Same here. Unfortunately Russia (forgive me for using such turm) is a political prostitute. There's no telling where it will stand tomorrow.

SamZED
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I don't think that's true at this point.

More importantly the other Arab leaders are starting to see that isn't true.

Assad's continued rule is a destabilizing factor, not a stabilizer.

Edit: To clarify, I'm not advocating military intervention in Syria at this point, but I do think Assad needs to go, he's a brutal tyrant imposing minority Shia rule on the Sunni majority. His father was a brutal tyrant. Bashar, I wouldnt say so. He's just a dictator who's holding onto his power. And for a good reason seeing how the majority still supports him. THere's no denying this man has done a lot for the country, heck people didnt know what a cell-phone is untill he came along. If he's overthrown a number of things can happen. First of all, thousands of palestinians might very well get kicked out of the country or lose their right. The state itself might get divided. Or if not it will be ran by a puppet leader. Which cant be good for arab countries. One thing for sure, there wont be any stability once he's gone.

Omega Vision
His father was a brutal tyrant. Bashar, I wouldnt say so. He's just a dictator who's holding onto his power. And for a good reason seeing how the majority still supports him. THere's no denying this man has done a lot for the country, heck people didnt know what a cell-phone is untill he came along. If he's overthrown a number of things can happen. First of all, thousands of palestinians might very well get kicked out of the country or lose their right. The state itself might get divided. Or if not it will be ran by a puppet leader. Which cant be good for arab countries. One thing for sure, there wont be any stability once he's gone.
If he was a good leader this wouldn't be happening.

The state is divided, some of his soldiers are mutinying because they don't want to shoot their own people so that Assad can stay in power.

And lol thousands of Palestinians have already been forced from their camps. laughing out loud

Saudi Arabia and Turkey are quickly losing their patience, I still don't think either will advocate military intervention but I also don't think they'll be sad to see him go.

Bardock42
Originally posted by WanderingDroid
This is one dictator's death the Europeans aren't going to bitchy and moan for....us godawful American War-mongers....

*cough*

It's almost like issues are....complex...not just black and white....that...that maybe there are more points to consider...that we have to decide on a case by case basis...

majid86
I dont hate jews and I dont hate "evil America". But im not surprisded you think that way. That's a typical opinion of a brainwashed person. "Somebody doesnt agree with Israel's policy = hates freedom, supports terrorists and is anti-semitic". Its like saying - You dont like fascism so you must hate all germans. They spend a lot of money on information war, so its not really your fault, you're a victim like many others.

Yeah, and look how greatly it turned out so far. For Iraq and I bet Libyia will be a land of the free in no time.

Sarcasm aside, "easy to say cause you're not there". Ive been there. There's no "lack of basic freedoms". Media makes you believe people live in fear and terror just so noone would complain when country goes straight to hell after you force your model of democracy on it. Take Syria for example. Newsflash. People live fine there, go to cafes, restaurants, spend time in internet clubs, pretty much enjoy their lives. They're not supressed or terrorized. Its not easy to get a job or start a buiseness and taxes are pretty high, true. But that's the case in many countries. That's pretty much it. Again, id rather it stayed that way than have it flushed down the toilet thanks to the "freedom".

I totally agree with everything you just said, Sam.
Never knew you were Muslim, to be honest ive never even know any Russian Muslims.

The Arabs need to realize that 'democracy' is nothing but another way to rule and control the Middle East and steal its natural resources (Oil & Gas)

Shame that the Arabs pretty much destroyed the Caliphate (with European help) in the 1920s against the Ottoman Empire. They would have been much better off than now.

RE: Blaxican
The sheer fact that it's these dicatators' own people that are actively trying to overthrow them, pretty much shits all over any of the ideas that have been presented in this thread, in regads to these guys being great leaders or whatever.

Libya and Syria aren't rebelling because of western interests. They're rebelling because they don't like their leaders.

Lemmiwinks
If you think Libyans won the war against Gaddafi.........

Omega Vision
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
The sheer fact that it's these dicatators' own people that are actively trying to overthrow them, pretty much shits all over any of the ideas that have been presented in this thread, in regads to these guys being great leaders or whatever.

Libya and Syria aren't rebelling because of western interests. They're rebelling because they don't like their leaders.
Lmao we're basically acting out on a smaller scale the current drama in the UNSC with the dissenters being from Russia and China.

Let's not pretend for a single second that Russia and China support Assad because he's a just leader, they support him because he buys their weapons and because he's not a western puppet or a religious extremist. They don't give two shits at the end of the day whether he's oppressive, and why would they? Putin and Hu are also dictators, just of a more subtle and successful variety.

Shanelouis
Gaddafi is dead i wathced the real video.

Robtard
I dont hate jews and I dont hate "evil America". But im not surprisded you think that way. That's a typical opinion of a brainwashed person. "Somebody doesnt agree with Israel's policy = hates freedom, supports terrorists and is anti-semitic". Its like saying - You dont like fascism so you must hate all germans. They spend a lot of money on information war, so its not really your fault, you're a victim like many others.

Oh goody, a "you're brainwashed by the media" retort, what an easy out for you.

Rome wasn't built in a day. There's also the fact that powerful politics are in play trying to make Iraq fail. Let guess, you also think Saddam was good for Iraq?

LoL, a "I've been there, man!" argument. Visiting a country is far different then living in a country and even if you're a Libyan, obviously not everyone in a country is off the same way. Not every Ugandan is eating garbage and has had a limb hacked-off, right.

The Nuul
Dead, Bin is not though. I dont buy Obamas crap.

Omega Vision
Oh goody, a "you're brainwashed by the media" retort, what an easy out for you.

Rome wasn't built in a day. There's also the fact that powerful politics are in play trying to make Iraq fail. Let guess, you also think Saddam was good for Iraq?

LoL, a "I've been there, man!" argument. Visiting a country is far different then living in a country and even if you're a Libyan, obviously not everyone in a country is off the same way. Not every Ugandan is eating garbage and has had a limb hacked-off, right.
Truth. Just two-three months ago BBC reporters couldn't find a single person in Tripoli who had anything bad to say about Gadaffi.

Lo and behold when the rebels are at the gates his army suddenly collapses and the people run out of their houses to embrace the rebels. Suddenly maybe 10% of the city supports Gadaffi and by the time Tripoli is under rebel control that number gets decimated.

Lestov16
http://news.yahoo.com/libya-declared-free-gadhafi-death-questioned-192557748.html

From one dictator to the next. That's the way it goes...

Lord Lucien
Give it a decade or so, and we'll be seeing Mustafa Abdul-Jalil's name added to the list of regional despots.

Robtard
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Give it a decade or so, and we'll be seeing Mustafa Abdul-Jalil's name added to the list of regional despots.

Well it does sound terrory.

Phoenix2001
Originally posted by Lestov16
http://news.yahoo.com/libya-declared-free-gadhafi-death-questioned-192557748.html

From one dictator to the next. That's the way it goes...

blowup

RE: Blaxican
You can't be a dictator if you have to answer to others. Mustafa Abdul-Jalil is not "the leader". He's the head of a council, which means he has the most influence. Doesn't mean he can go above the head of the other council members.

Unless you're just so cynical that you want to predict some kind of Star War'sy "dissolve the senate" type of thing.

Omega Vision
Jalil threatened to give up leadership several times during the Civil War. I don't think there's any danger of him becoming a dictator.

Now if someone were to Trotsky him...

Daddy Truth
By now everyone on the internet has seen the video and heard how Gaddafi was sexually assaulted before he was executed. It's nice to see the puppet Government installed by the west have already become what they said they were fighting against.

Robtard
Originally posted by Daddy Truth
By now everyone on the internet has seen the video and heard how Gaddafi was sexually assaulted before he was executed. It's nice to see the puppet Government installed by the west have already become what they said they were fighting against.

Sorry, I don't watch gay porn, buddy. That's your bag.

Stoic
I was going to say something pretty screwed up, but instead, I just want to say that he was a very evil man.

Robtard
Originally posted by Stoic
I was going to say something pretty screwed up, but instead, I just want to say that he was a very evil man.

Where do you think he falls on the scale of Ultimate Evil? Hitler? Pol Pot? Stalin? John Wayne Gacy? Gandhi?

Lord Lucien
Mother Teresa evil.

Omega Vision
Where do you think he falls on the scale of Ultimate Evil? Hitler? Pol Pot? Stalin? John Wayne Gacy? Gandhi?
I don't think evil is something that can be measured like that, but I'd say that Guadaffi was about as bad as they come.

Worse than Hitler most likely. The reason I say that is that both Hitler and Guadaffi took control of their respective countries and did great things for their economy and global prestige, both increased the standards of living dramatically. Both killed many of their own people (though in Guadaffi's case it was mostly about maintaining his power and crushing dissidents while in Hitler's case it was more about "racial purity" than culling dissidents (though there was lots of that too)) and both ultimately ruined their nations yet we never saw the German people (until after the war) grow to hate Hitler like the Libyan people grew to hate Guadaffi within his lifetime.

Maybe I'm missing a lot of variables, but that seems to say quite a bit about their respective "evilness" to me.

Guadaffi was so corrupt and brutish and simple minded that even though he made his nation the most developed in all of Africa the large majority of the population hated him whether secretly or publicly.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.