Snape, Voldemort, Dumbledore vs Mordor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
The fully trained Wizards of HP are in the great White City of Minas Tirith. It is under seige and Mordor troops, wargs, trolls and the 9 Nazgul have broken through (Grond). Snape, Voldemort and Dumbledore have to fight with Gandalf. They are armed with their wands and are issued Gondor forged swords. Gandalf is armed with his staff and Glamdring. Do they survive the battle?

Robtard
Gandalf likely does, the rest die from arrows or the Nazgul or possible a troll's club to the face.

To their credit, they do considering damage before they're "Ahhh, I'm dead cos I'm not an epic wizard like Gandalf."

Nephthys
Gandalf solo's.

I mean remember in the movies where he solo'd? That was epic.

Robtard
Originally posted by Nephthys
Gandalf solo's.

I mean remember in the movies where he solo'd? That was epic.

You need to re-watch the film, he didn't solo, what he did do though was save the day. That was epic.

Nephthys
Gandalf didn't save the day at Minas Tirith. In fact he got bitchslapped by the Witch King and got saved by retards on horses.

http://chzbronies.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony-fluttality.gif

OH SNAP!

Robtard
No, he saved the day, if he wasn't there, the allies wouldn't have held out until the ghostwhisper came.

No snap for you.

Nephthys
Why? He didn't do anything. Just stabbed some orcs and got beat down by the Ringwraith.

My snap is back.

Robtard
This constant downplaying of Gandalf is getting old.

No snap for you, sorry.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Robtard
You need to re-watch the film, he didn't solo, what he did do though was save the day. That was epic. Gandalf didn't save the day. If having your staff broken is saving the day then you might be onto something.

Robtard
Originally posted by quanchi112
Gandalf didn't save the day. If having your staff broken is saving the day then you might be onto something.

Didn't we just cover how the constant downplaying of Gandalf is getting old? Try something new/original for once.

quanchi112
Didn't we just cover how the constant downplaying of Gandalf is getting old? Try something new/original for once. Gandalf didn't save the day the ring being destroyed saved the day. Did Gandalf himself destroy the ring ?

Robtard
Gandalf didn't save the day the ring being destroyed saved the day. Did Gandalf himself destroy the ring ?

What the hell are you babbling about now, you don't pay attention at all.

The Ghost ultimately saved the day, the day would have been fine if the ring wasn't destroyed. The future safety of the realms of Men and such is what the ring's destruction saved. Gandalf was also an integral aspect of what lead to the ring's destruction. Learn something before you rant.

Lord Lucien
Gandalf could solo whole Orcs with his god-like powers... by using his sword to hit them with..

Potter wizards are victorious. Again.

Korto Vos

Lord Lucien
Epicly awesome. I'd love to actually see a Hollywood take on Potter vs. Rings.

Jackson-directed of course.

Korto Vos
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Epicly awesome. I'd love to actually see a Hollywood take on Potter vs. Rings.

Jackson-directed of course.

How about George Lucas-directed, stick out tongue ?

quanchi112
What the hell are you babbling about now, you don't pay attention at all.

The Ghost ultimately saved the day, the day would have been fine if the ring wasn't destroyed. The future safety of the realms of Men and such is what the ring's destruction saved. Gandalf was also an integral aspect of what lead to the ring's destruction. Learn something before you rant. And I will say again the day was saved when the ring was destroyed which Gandalf himself sent another in his stead because the ring would have corrupted him.

Korto Vos
Actually, if Gandalf hadn't sent Pippin to light up the Beacons of Gondor, Rohan wouldn't have arrived on time. Minas Tirith would have been sacked before the Army of Dead reached the White City. And Eowyn & Merry wouldn't have killed the Witch King.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Korto Vos
Actually, if Gandalf hadn't sent Pippin to light up the Beacons of Gondor, Rohan wouldn't have arrived on time. Minas Tirith would have been sacked before the Army of Dead reached the White City. And Eowyn & Merry wouldn't have killed the Witch King. Yes, he did play a role but didn't actually save the day (which is the actual destruction of the ring) which is the entire point.

Korto Vos
Yes, he did save the day. He led the defense of the city, and without his command, the Gondorian soldiers would have "fled from their posts" as Denethor ordered and all perished without a fight. The city would have been unprotected, and the Orcs would have steamrolled through Minas Tirith. Through his efforts, the city held through the night till the arrival of Rohirrim cavalry (whose arrival he facilitated).

Basically, there would have been no men for Aragorn to distract Sauron and draw out his forces for Frodo and Sam to sneakily climb up Mount Doom if it wasn't for Gandalf.

quanchi112
Yes, he did save the day. He led the defense of the city, and without his command, the Gondorian soldiers would have "fled from their posts" as Denethor ordered and all perished without a fight. The city would have been unprotected, and the Orcs would have steamrolled through Minas Tirith. Through his efforts, the city held through the night till the arrival of Rohirrim cavalry (whose arrival he facilitated).

Basically, there would have been no men for Aragorn to distract Sauron and draw out his forces for Frodo and Sam to sneakily climb up Mount Doom if it wasn't for Gandalf. They were screwed. gandalf doesn't get all the credit an entire army held them back. The day wasn't saved until the ring was destroyed. I kinda am seeing your logic go out the window when Gandalf is involved. You want to assign him all the glory when he didn't even destroy the ring which was the entire purpose of the quest. Gandalf himself didn't trust himself with the ring. The point was a little tiny Hobbit had the most arduous task of them all. That's what it made it epic. In combat he was nothing but still had the biggest burden. If you can't admit that then you are lost.

Korto Vos
They were screwed. gandalf doesn't get all the credit an entire army held them back. The day wasn't saved until the ring was destroyed. I kinda am seeing your logic go out the window when Gandalf is involved. You want to assign him all the glory when he didn't even destroy the ring which was the entire purpose of the quest. Gandalf himself didn't trust himself with the ring. The point was a little tiny Hobbit had the most arduous task of them all. That's what it made it epic. In combat he was nothing but still had the biggest burden. If you can't admit that then you are lost.

No shit, Sherlock. Frodo was the primary protagonist. The Ring-bearer. That doesn't mean "Gandalf didn't save the day. If having your staff broken is saving the day then you might be onto something."

What you said is the dumbest thing ever. The movies and book both show the critical role Gandalf played in rallying the Men of the West against Sauron's forces. And because of his efforts, Aragorn was able to have the manpower to provide the distraction necessary for Frodo to complete his task.

quanchi112
No shit, Sherlock. Frodo was the primary protagonist. The Ring-bearer. That doesn't mean "Gandalf didn't save the day. If having your staff broken is saving the day then you might be onto something."

What you said is the dumbest thing ever. The movies and book both show the critical role Gandalf played in rallying the Men of the West against Sauron's forces. And because of his efforts, Aragorn was able to have the manpower to provide the distraction necessary for Frodo to complete his task. Yes, since he wasn't the main protagonist it means exactly that. Gandalf didn't save the day he was instrumental just like the other members of the fellowship but didn't save the day.

You calling what I say stupid while exaggerating Gandalf's role to overshadow the destruction of the ring WHICH IS WHAT SAVED THE DAY. It's ok I get it that you really like Gandalf.

Placidity
Solution: Ban LOTR / HP

Problem Solved.

Lord Lucien
I once proposed a similar solution when it came to murder.

Humans can be killed. Solution: Ban death.

Korto Vos
Yes, since he wasn't the main protagonist it means exactly that. Gandalf didn't save the day he was instrumental just like the other members of the fellowship but didn't save the day.

You calling what I say stupid while exaggerating Gandalf's role to overshadow the destruction of the ring WHICH IS WHAT SAVED THE DAY. It's ok I get it that you really like Gandalf.

Whatever, if you want to irrationally think Gandalf didn't do anything except get his staff broken (which doesn't even happen in the book -.-), go ahead.

No, I don't "really like Gandalf." I like Faramir, Gimli, and the Witch-King more than the White Wizard. But does that mean I don't acknowledge the Istari's powers or his fundamental role in the One Ring's destruction? NO!

Robtard
And I will say again the day was saved when the ring was destroyed which Gandalf himself sent another in his stead because the ring would have corrupted him.

LoL, you need to watch the films, starting to think you haven't and all your LoTR knowledge comes from youtube snippets.

Stop embarrassing yourself, the last few responses between you and Korto are pathetically sad; I'm starting to have sympathy for you.

Korto Vos
Originally posted by Placidity
Solution: Ban LOTR / HP

Problem Solved.

This will probably happen.

I wonder how long Voldemort Vs. Gandalf the White will become before the thread is closed or retired to the annals of MVF history.

Nephthys
Well the Force vs Magic thread was 70+ pages long before it got closed. The current Gandalf vs Voldemort thread is 22 pages long, so quite a while.

Lord Lucien
And here we have none of the pure Rage that only RJ could conjure.

Nephthys
Its his gift. His cutie mark would be screaming. love

quanchi112
Whatever, if you want to irrationally think Gandalf didn't do anything except get his staff broken (which doesn't even happen in the book -.-), go ahead.

No, I don't "really like Gandalf." I like Faramir, Gimli, and the Witch-King more than the White Wizard. But does that mean I don't acknowledge the Istari's powers or his fundamental role in the One Ring's destruction? NO! I didn't say he didn't contribute anything. Quit putting words in my mouth. Gandalf did help but ultimately didn't save the day. You want this to be black and white which it isn't. Gandalf was a big contributer but the day was only saved when the ring was destroyed.

Game. Set. Match.Originally posted by Robtard
LoL, you need to watch the films, starting to think you haven't and all your LoTR knowledge comes from youtube snippets.

Stop embarrassing yourself, the last few responses between you and Korto are pathetically sad; I'm starting to have sympathy for you. I'm right and you both are wrong. You aren't even really even trying just cheerleading.Originally posted by Nephthys
Well the Force vs Magic thread was 70+ pages long before it got closed. The current Gandalf vs Voldemort thread is 22 pages long, so quite a while. People need to relax as well. Despite disagreeing I have no idea why people get so wrked up and want active threads closed.

Lord Lucien
Despite disagreeing I have no idea why people get so wrked up and want active threads closed. Because then no one could argue back against them. And if anyone tried to bring it up later, the fear of warnings and bans at resurrecting a mod-closed thread would ostensibly be used to shy away from it again, making it look like they had a new argument and know-how to win but won't defy rules.

People's minds are fun.

Korto Vos
I didn't say he didn't contribute anything. Quit putting words in my mouth. Gandalf did help but ultimately didn't save the day. You want this to be black and white which it isn't. Gandalf was a big contributer but the day was only saved when the ring was destroyed.

Game. Set. Match. I'm right and you both are wrong. You aren't even really even trying just cheerleading. People need to relax as well. Despite disagreeing I have no idea why people get so wrked up and want active threads closed.

Is this not what you said:

"Gandalf didn't save the day. If having your staff broken is saving the day then you might be onto something."

As I explained in my previous posts, if were not Gandalf's role in rallying the Men of the West, Frodo and Sam wouldn't have had the open route to Mt. Doom to destroy the Ring.

The White Wizard played an integral role in the Ring's destruction. If that's what you mean by "he helped out," then sure, you aren't wrong.

And hopefully the V vs. G thread lasts!

quanchi112
Is this not what you said:

"Gandalf didn't save the day. If having your staff broken is saving the day then you might be onto something."

As I explained in my previous posts, if were not Gandalf's role in rallying the Men of the West, Frodo and Sam wouldn't have had the open route to Mt. Doom to destroy the Ring.

The White Wizard played an integral role in the Ring's destruction. If that's what you mean by "he helped out," then sure, you aren't wrong.

And hopefully the V vs. G thread lasts! Singling out one sarcastic respone to the glory of Gandalf wasn't my point. He was pivotal but ultimately didn't end the crisis.

It will last as long as no one sissies up and starts reporting each other. I haven't reported anyone in years.

Korto Vos
Singling out one sarcastic respone to the glory of Gandalf wasn't my point. He was pivotal but ultimately didn't end the crisis.

It will last as long as no one sissies up and starts reporting each other. I haven't reported anyone in years.

He was pivotal but ultimately didn't end the crisis.

Agreed! smile

Aye, I won't be reporting anyone. If I have a problem with someone, I'd either ignore them or discuss it with them privately.

quanchi112
He was pivotal but ultimately didn't end the crisis.

Agreed! smile

Aye, I won't be reporting anyone. If I have a problem with someone, I'd either ignore them or discuss it with them privately. Agreed.

The only reason I took potshots at Gandalf is because of robtard's potshots against Voldemort. Nobody bad mouths the Dark Lord and gets away with it.

Reporting people isn't in my dna anymore. I resolve it like a man in my threads. If someone flames me it really doesn't phase me. It's just a heated debate.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.