Thor's hammer vs Green Lantern's ring

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Which would you rather have?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Mjolnir all day unless it's Kyle's ring from his solo run.

Sin I AM
the ring personally, id hate lugging mjolnir around

Galan007
Assuming I'd also gain the means to recharge it, I'd rather have a GL ring.

JakeTheBank
Depends. If I also get all of Thor's other powers in addition to Mjolnir, itself, I'd go with the hammer. Otherwise, I'd get the power ring.

MF DELPH
Ring. In the real world carrying a large hammer around all day isn't very practical and far too conspicuous. Plus you can use the ring to give yourself innate powers.

Lord Feron
Ring, with a big ass mallet I would cause unnecessary attention to myself. Also it takes more effort to use. The ring is imo easier to master eventually and it's really versatile. (granted I can recharge it)

OneDumbG0
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=378461&pagenumber=1

vansonbee
Originally posted by MF DELPH
Ring. In the real world carrying a large hammer around all day isn't very practical and far too conspicuous. Plus you can use the ring to give yourself innate powers. Pretty much this or become a a GOD 24/7, which I'm fine with. xD

psycho gundam
hammer easily

in comics lanterns can just will things into being and it turns out fine, in real life i'm inclined to believe it would require a shitload of studying and trial and error to recreate things from human memory, let alone experimental stuff like teleportation. real willpower doesn't work like it does in comics, if it did we'd all be astronauts by the age of 30.

thor's hammer only had one flaw, and that's gone now, and by default you are a functionally immortal, mountain throwing, doesn't have to breathe, immune to earthly diseases, etc god without having to experiment with anything. thor doesn't even need to recharge

cdtm
I'd rather have the ring, but the hammer would beat the ring in a fight.

What if the hammer left Thor, and Hal's ring joined it? The Adventures of Mjolnir and Power Ring.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by psycho gundam
hammer easily

in comics lanterns can just will things into being and it turns out fine, in real life i'm inclined to believe it would require a shitload of studying and trial and error to recreate things from human memory, let alone experimental stuff like teleportation. real willpower doesn't work like it does in comics, if it did we'd all be astronauts by the age of 30.

thor's hammer only had one flaw, and that's gone now, and by default you are a functionally immortal, mountain throwing, doesn't have to breathe, immune to earthly diseases, etc god without having to experiment with anything. thor doesn't even need to recharge

thumb up

If you get Thor's base stats and his inherent powers outside of the hammer itself, then it's no question.

Gecko4lif
Hammer easily

Bentley
I have more will than PG, so hand me the ring.

cdtm
hammer easily

The bio on the power ring claims you have to have an understanding of what you're trying to create, like how a plane's put together and such...

Kyle Raynor kind of put the lie to that, considering all the crazy mecha and stuff he comes up with.

Anyways, unlike with the hammer, you get a computer and preprogrammed protocols to help you operate the ring. You could do like Mongul and just ask the computer to outline all the rings capabilities and how to do them, if you wanted to.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Bentley

laughing out loud

All things considered equal, the ring.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by cdtm
The bio on the power ring claims you have to have an understanding of what you're trying to create, like how a plane's put together and such... good luck with that

Philosophía
It helps, but it's not necessary.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Bentley
you'd need it

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/BG.jpg

MrBlue1991
Id take the hammer and become a god but there is that one thing i would hate though cause i thought thor couldnt fly without his hammer and people say he can and idk.....wait nevermind i want the ring screw that hammer

shokosugi
Imagine Thor's "hammer" inside Hal Jordan's "ring".

heh

Gecko4lif
sounds like a horrible gay joke

Transmaniacon
Both

Prep-Man
Originally posted by cdtm I'd rather have the ring, but the hammer would beat the ring in a fight. What if the hammer left Thor, and Hal's ring joined it? The Adventures of Mjolnir and Power Ring.

if you want to use all feats. the ring is just as versatile. id go with the ring personally.

Slaanesh
i'll take the ring...the ring can do virtually anything..it's way more versatile than the hammer..

gogogadgetgo
much as i love mjolnier and thor, i'd go with a green lantern's ring. lest conspicuous, fits in the palm of my hand and can do a lot of shit.

JakeTheBank
Mjolnir can be inconspicuous. It can revert into a walking stick, or if you go the Jake Olsen route, you can just summon it via slamming your fist into the ground and willing the transformation.

vansonbee
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Mjolnir can be inconspicuous. It can revert into a walking stick, or if you go the Jake Olsen route, you can just summon it via slamming your fist into the ground and willing the transformation. Ditto and you can always be a undercover Pimp, during your off time from being Thor.

carver9
What if you get shot in the head while being transformed into Jake or your human form, is that the end or do your human form also have Thor durability or some type of healing factor?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by carver9
What if you get shot in the head while being transformed into Jake or your human form, is that the end or do your human form also have Thor durability or some type of healing factor?

What if the same thing happened when your ring was out of juice or for some reason, not on your finger to begin with? Rings auto shields are all over the place in terms of showings.

It depends on the specifics of Mjolnir and what you get with it, ultimately. You could get the classic Donald Blake scenario, in which you slam the stick on the ground to become Thor, but you have the sixty second limitation. You could just be "Thor" 24/7, but you could make yourself a disguise and carry a duffel bag around like the Sigard Jarlson days to carry Mjolnir. You could have the Jake Olsen bit, in which you have two separate forms, but without having a stick to trigger the transformation, but still have the sixty second rule. Or you could have the current Thor bit, in which there's no sixty second rule, but you can transform from a Blake like form to Thor if you wanted.

carver9
Ok, I was just asking. Both have advantages and both have limitations...I don't know which one I would want. With Thor powers, you would gain immortality.

Slaanesh
Thor power doesn't give immortality..wasn't it Idunn fruit that makes asgardian immortal??what advantage does the hammer have over the ring??

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by carver9
Ok, I was just asking. Both have advantages and both have limitations...I don't know which one I would want. With Thor powers, you would gain immortality.

Cool.

You'd be immortal to a point.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Slaanesh
Thor power doesn't give immortality..wasn't it Idunn fruit that makes asgardian immortal??what advantage does the hammer have over the ring??

He has longevity to a point naturally, but the Idunn apples further contribute to this.

It doesn't require recharging, for one.

carver9
Cool.

You'd be immortal to a point.

Hhhmmm...just thought about it. Doesn't Thor have to ear from the tree (bite the Apple), every century or something to keep his immortality (basically all asgardians)?

Omega Vision
I wouldn't be worthy of the hammer and I wouldn't be able to overcome great fear. sad

-Pr-
What if the same thing happened when your ring was out of juice or for some reason, not on your finger to begin with? Rings auto shields are all over the place in terms of showings.

It depends on the specifics of Mjolnir and what you get with it, ultimately. You could get the classic Donald Blake scenario, in which you slam the stick on the ground to become Thor, but you have the sixty second limitation. You could just be "Thor" 24/7, but you could make yourself a disguise and carry a duffel bag around like the Sigard Jarlson days to carry Mjolnir. You could have the Jake Olsen bit, in which you have two separate forms, but without having a stick to trigger the transformation, but still have the sixty second rule. Or you could have the current Thor bit, in which there's no sixty second rule, but you can transform from a Blake like form to Thor if you wanted.

You'd have to be a bit thick not to keep the ring charged, imo.

JakeTheBank
I know some really stupid friends of mine that would wind up killing themselves with the ring somehow. :P

-Pr-
I know some really stupid friends of mine that would wind up killing themselves with the ring somehow. :P

Be glad the ring only picks the best and the brightest, then.

Cogito
The Hammer can't make me a sandwich while I sit on the couch watching tv.

Uriel005
Originally posted by Cogito
The Hammer can't make me a sandwich while I sit on the couch watching tv. This.

"Id"
I would pick Mjolnir, over a standard GL ring.

Kyle Ring, over Mjolnir.

But as cosmic items go, the Quantum or Nega bands seem like a far better choice.

Slaanesh
It doesn't require recharging, for one.

a minor inconvenience compare to what it can do which is anything..the hammer doesn't really have any advantage over the ring..

golem370
With the hammer comes Thor's abilities too

cdtm
Originally posted by "Id"

But as cosmic items go, the Quantum or Nega bands seem like a far better choice.

Quasar doesn't have the ring computer, or auto defenses.

That's a big selling point for a noob, imo.

leonidas
i'd take the ring, assuming full knowledge of both.

golem370
How about the knowledge you get is your own personal knowledge of how they work? Sounds like a cool idea.

leonidas
well, that would amount to pretty much the same thing for most readers, so..... yeah. gimme the ring. smile

"Id"
Originally posted by cdtm
Quasar doesn't have the ring computer, or auto defenses.

That's a big selling point for a noob, imo.

Well the Cosmic Awareness is a nice substitute to the rings computer. No recharging, and a monster energy manipulator to boot is a nice plus.

the Darkone
The hammer can be conceal like a cane, or become with some one fist like in the Stormbreaker with Walt Simmson!

Hammer all day for me!

dmills
All things equal I'll go with the ring, pull a Mongul Jr and have it tell me everything it can do. Then I'd go about setting up a financial empire so large that Bill Gates would be coming to me for loans big grin

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Cogito
The Hammer can't make me a sandwich while I sit on the couch watching tv. lol @ making your own sandwiches

pretty sure if you could become thor you could have an actually harem of hot chef women if you wanted to

Digi
I will take Thor in a fight over pretty much any GL. But the answer is the ring here, and I'm shocked at how torn the thread is.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Digi
I will take Thor in a fight over pretty much any GL.

thumb up

JakeTheBank
a minor inconvenience compare to what it can do which is anything..the hammer doesn't really have any advantage over the ring..

Planetary scale storms? The ability to summon the winds of hundreds or thousands of worlds? Being able to absorb virtually any energy blast and send it back anywhere from x10 to x100 fold? Draining someone's soul/lifeforce?

On average, Mjolnir operates on a higher scale than a power ring does.

Conversely, what advantages does a power ring have over Mjolnir outside of creating hard light constructs?

ares834
Originally posted by Digi
But the answer is the ring here, and I'm shocked at how torn the thread is.

thumb up

Sure the hammer might make you more powerful but the ring is close enough in terms of power... Plus there is just so much more you can do with it.

dmills

Conversely, what advantages does a power ring have over Mjolnir outside of creating hard light constructs?

The ability to allow me to become a very wealthy man without resorting to overt displays of power big grin

I'd have the ring come up with a design to create complex micro circuitry for things like pace makers etc. I'd develope advanced power sources, come up with technology that helps to advance our space program etc. But I'd do it in a way as to not overtly sway the course of human destiny, only give it a subtle nudge here and there lol.

-Pr-
If we get the ring, do we still have the "no usage for personal gain" thing?

dmills
Originally posted by -Pr-
If we get the ring, do we still have the "no usage for personal gain" thing?

I'd assume -or at least I hope- so, I mean we're getting Mjolnir without the "Worthy" stipulation lol.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by JakeTheBank Planetary scale storms? The ability to summon the winds of hundreds or thousands of worlds? Being able to absorb virtually any energy blast and send it back anywhere from x10 to x100 fold? Draining someone's soul/lifeforce? On average, Mjolnir operates on a higher scale than a power ring does. Conversely, what advantages does a power ring have over Mjolnir outside of creating hard light constructs?

hal has done that and more. he can even trap powerful mages inside his ring. the ring used to have its own dimension.

-Pr-
Originally posted by dmills
I'd assume -or at least I hope- so, I mean we're getting Mjolnir without the "Worthy" stipulation lol.

Good, then.

Damborgson
Mjolnir would be cool for the weather control and flight and all that stuff but AI would still die if i was shot or stabbed or something. Going with GL ring. Assuming I also get a power battery of course.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I'm assuming your body gets upgraded to Thor level physically or you might even get a copy of Thor's body. Conventional weaponry wouldn't be a problem.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by dmills
The ability to allow me to become a very wealthy man without resorting to overt displays of power big grin

I'd have the ring come up with a design to create complex micro circuitry for things like pace makers etc. I'd develope advanced power sources, come up with technology that helps to advance our space program etc. O RLY?

even in the comics green lanterns used to go with making big hands, hammers, and anvils for a long time

Damborgson
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I'm assuming your body gets upgraded to Thor level physically or you might even get a copy of Thor's body. Conventional weaponry wouldn't be a problem. If I could switch on and off like Materson did then I'd take Mjolnir.

Political Voice

psycho gundam
sup AJ

dmills
O RLY?

even in the comics green lanterns used to go with making big hands, hammers, and anvils for a long time

Good thing I wouldn't be subjected to comic book CIS and PIS. I think a lot of cats are thinking in terms of power and superhero stuff. I'm thinking of practical uses. For my own personal gain of course big grin

It'd be nothing for a GL ring to use its capabilities to look at current tech, analyze it, then improve upon its designs and transfer the blue prints onto a damn SD card or something lol. I'd apply for patents or whatever and presto.

Slaanesh
Planetary scale storms? The ability to summon the winds of hundreds or thousands of worlds? Being able to absorb virtually any energy blast and send it back anywhere from x10 to x100 fold? Draining someone's soul/lifeforce?

On average, Mjolnir operates on a higher scale than a power ring does.

are we choosing base on which is more powerful in a fight??cuz if it is i think the hammer is more powerful..but the ring is powerful too..both of them can make us into a high herald..

but if we're choosing base on which is more convenience..i chose the ring everytime..why would i choose a hammer that can do something over a ring that can do anything??that's just weird..

dmills
are we choosing base on which is more powerful in a fight??cuz if it is i think the hammer is more powerful..but the ring is powerful too..both of them can make us into a high herald..

but if we're choosing base on which is more convenience..i chose the ring everytime..why would i choose a hammer that can do something over a ring that can do anything??that's just weird..

I don't get it either. The choice is fairly obvious imo.

psycho gundam
a ring that can do anything it can, we can't

Slaanesh
it can, we can't

so..we get a ring that we can't even use properly??what's the point of this thread then??if u wanna go that way..are we even worthy to lift up the hammer..

Bentley
PG can't use it properly because he has lousy will.

I would flirt

rotiart
Originally posted by -Pr-
You'd have to be a bit thick not to keep the ring charged, imo.

And yet veterans still have run out of juice.

-Pr-
Originally posted by rotiart
And yet veterans still have run out of juice.

Well, they're fighting intergalactic threats all the time, and they spend far too long away from the battery. For one of us, that really shouldn't be a problem...

Superherovandal
I always wondered why they never like put the battery inside the ring's dimension or tether the battery to the ring so they could bring it out regardless of their own location. But i guess that would make too much sense for comics and ruin some suspense.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.