Rank their significance to Marvel Earth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JakeTheBank
Rank the following characters in order as to how essential their existence on Marvel Earth is from a in-universe standpoint.

Captain America
Iron Man
Thor
Spider-Man
The Hulk
Wolverine
Mr. Fantastic
Professor Xavier
Doctor Strange

Lemmiwinks
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Rank the following characters in order as to how essential their existence on Marvel Earth is from a in-universe standpoint.

Captain America
Iron Man
Thor
Spider-Man
The Hulk
Wolverine
Mr. Fantastic
Professor Xavier
Doctor Strange

They are all cash cows except Strange! However the old Dr. Strange 70's T.V.movie is awesome.

h1a8

Captain America
Iron Man
Thor
Spider-Man
The Hulk
Wolverine
Mr. Fantastic
Professor Xavier
Doctor Strange

Doctor Strange
Mr. Fantastic
Thor
Professor X
The Hulk
Iron Man
Captain America
Wolverine
Spider-man

Power Cosmic II
Strange
Fantastic

Thor...only to act as intermediary with asgard

everyone else

Digi

Captain America
Iron Man
Thor
Spider-Man
The Hulk
Wolverine
Mr. Fantastic
Professor Xavier
Doctor Strange

Have to establish better criteria to make it objective. In my case, I'm using people saved, sub-criteria: how they affect the moral demeanor of those in the universe. Basically, who has done the most "hero" things, both empirical and intangible.

So the ones that have fended off cosmic threats take first priority. So, as rightly stated, in some order, Reed/Strange/Thor (in that order for me). After that it gets tricky. Tony, for example, is rich and more powerful than Spider-Man. But who has saved more people, or averted more crises? Who's been the moral compass more often. The answer is Pete. Same reason Cap beats Tony or Hulk. I could get into "web of life" stuff with SM, which suggests he's intrinsic to the very idea of heroism in the MU, but that's a bit more esoteric.

Reed
Strange

Thor

Xavier

Spider-Man
Cap
Iron Man
Hulk
Wolverine

MF DELPH
I agree with the above.

Bouboumaster
1- Reed Richards

2- Dr Strange

3- Thor
4- Hulk / Bruce Banner

5- Charles Xavier
6- Iron Man
7, 8 and 9) Wolverine, Spider-Man, Captain America

byrdgang21
Xavier should be near the top, he is basically solely responsible for the Xmen

gogogadgetgo
Though all are significant, if they all go the way of the dodo, there will always be someone to pick up the slack as proved by bucky, eric masterson, etc etc etc.

so, imo, they are all equally important.

Mindset
Spiderman > everyone else

He is irreplaceable in the MU, everyone else on that list is.

vansonbee
Doctor Strange - fending us from demon invaders, like his predecessors before him.
Captain America - NAZI! Enough Said!
Professor Xavier - if he wasn't here, all mutants would side with Magento.
Iron Man - useful devices to aid mankind
Mr. Fantastic - same as Iron Man
Thor - protector
Spider-Man - small scale protector
Hulk - learn from first hand experience that gamma = big nuke = creates monsters
Wolverine - unnecessary, like Canada.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Mindset
Spiderman > everyone else

He is irreplaceable in the MU, everyone else on that list is. http://i53.tinypic.com/29qmozp.jpg

har har har

Mindset
Yea, I wasn't joking.

Spiderman is Marvel.

Power Cosmic II
Originally posted by vansonbee
Doctor Strange - fending us from demon invaders, like his predecessors before him.
Thor - protector
Hulk - learn from first hand experience that gamma = big nuke = creates monsters
Wolverine - unnecessary, like Canada.

if reed is gone Doom controls the world. magneto has noble intentions and can be negotiated with but doom...yeah.

Digi
I alluded to the Wed of Life stuff in my post here:

Originally posted by Digi
Have to establish better criteria to make it objective. In my case, I'm using people saved, sub-criteria: how they affect the moral demeanor of those in the universe. Basically, who has done the most "hero" things, both empirical and intangible.

So the ones that have fended off cosmic threats take first priority. So, as rightly stated, in some order, Reed/Strange/Thor (in that order for me). After that it gets tricky. Tony, for example, is rich and more powerful than Spider-Man. But who has saved more people, or averted more crises? Who's been the moral compass more often. The answer is Pete. Same reason Cap beats Tony or Hulk. I could get into "web of life" stuff with SM, which suggests he's intrinsic to the very idea of heroism in the MU, but that's a bit more esoteric.

...but it is hard to provide much evidence for. Obviously he's a moral compass character just like Cap, but the "proof" ends there. A statement like that from Madame Web is cool, but also doesn't invalidate what the other heroes have done. I think you'd have to weight that statement unfairly high to make for all the ways that, say, Reed means more to the universe than Peter.

It's also why I ranked Spidey higher than most, though, but I don't think we can just use that as a trump card for everything.

psycho gundam
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/gammababy.jpg

/thread

vansonbee
Originally posted by Power Cosmic II
if reed is gone Doom controls the world. magneto has noble intentions and can be negotiated with but doom...yeah. Pym would put Doom in his place, just like he did with his wife.

CosmicComet
Spiderman is tops. He's the only one the list that knows the secret to dial 11.

No one else.

Uriel005
Originally posted by Power Cosmic II
if reed is gone Doom controls the world. magneto has noble intentions and can be negotiated with but doom...yeah. latveria is basically a utopia.

Parmaniac
There was a nice "What if..." what would happen if Doom gains omnipotence.

TheHulk
Originally posted by vansonbee
Thor - protector
Wolverine - unnecessary, like Canada. MAJORLY THIS! I AGREE 100%

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Digi

Reed
Strange

Thor

Xavier

Spider-Man
Cap
Iron Man
Hulk
Wolverine

Co-signed...

thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.