Juggernaut VS Solomon Grundy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordofBrooklyn
Juggernaut- Classic X-Men stomper

VS

Solomon Grundy- Classic JLA/JSA stomper

Albino Annihilator or Brown Behemoth?

Digi
Technically Grundy might have better feats. Power sets and logic should dictate Juggs though.

TheHulk
Juggernaut wins 7/10

cdtm
Originally posted by Digi
Technically Grundy might have better feats. Power sets and logic should dictate Juggs though.

I guess it's time to dig up a Grundy respect thread, but what's he have over Juggernaut? At his best, the characters taken out Ben Grimm in one hit and Colossus in three, and gone against teams himself, mainly the Xmen.

Digi
Originally posted by cdtm
I guess it's time to dig up a Grundy respect thread, but what's he have over Juggernaut? At his best, the characters taken out Ben Grimm in one hit and Colossus in three, and gone against teams himself, mainly the Xmen.

Some of the teams Grundy wrecked had much more impressive lineups.

LordofBrooklyn

Grundy one-shotted Superman!

IIRC, Superman, Green Lantern, Flash, Wonder Woman and Red Tornado got stomped in a single page by Grundy.

Juggernaut would be hard pressed to handle any of the above solo with the exception of Red Tornado.

cdtm
Daaaamn. eek!

red_turtle
Solomon Grundy ftw

psycho gundam
Daaaamn. eek! how do you know he's not lying?

Eternal Idol
Juggernaut ftw. His powers negate any harm Grundy would otherwise cause him.

Solomon Grundy beating the JLA and JSA is almost as bogus as the time Deathstroke handled them all.

ColossusGrundy
Grundy FTW. Grundy also attacked with his own severed limbs after being dismembered before. Can't kill him.

JakeTheBank
Hmm?

Grundy's legitimately that powerful, depending on the incarnation.

Eternal Idol
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Hmm?

Grundy's legitimately that powerful, depending on the incarnation.

As far as I know, he's an undead high-end brick. He's super-strong and durable, but that shouldn't mean dick unless he also has the superspeed to be able to do anything to at least half the JLA roster. And that's just the speedsters.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
As far as I know, he's an undead high-end brick. He's super-strong and durable, but that shouldn't mean dick unless he also has the superspeed to be able to do anything to at least half the JLA roster. And that's just the speedsters.

He's like Hulk; his speed and reflexes are enough to tag beings with super speed if they're not ready for him.

carver9
He grabbed a blitzing Flash and choked the hell out of him. Classic Grundy has super speed.

Eternal Idol
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
He's like Hulk; his speed and reflexes are enough to tag beings with super speed if they're not ready for him.

Of course, if they're not ready for him... but otherwise there should be nothing guys like Hulk or Grundy could do to speedsters if they're ready for a fight.

Colossus-Big C
Like every other juggernaut thread, Juggernaut wins unless Bfr is on

carver9
Of course, if they're not ready for him... but otherwise there should be nothing guys like Hulk or Grundy could do to speedsters if they're ready for a fight.

Why not when these brick like characters has shown and demonstrated super speed through their entire career? I don't get it.

Eternal Idol
Originally posted by carver9
He grabbed a blitzing Flash and choked the hell out of him. Classic Grundy has super speed.

You're just trying to make a case for Hulk having super-speed. crackers

carver9
You're just trying to make a case for Hulk having super-speed. crackers

Lol...not this time even though he does have super speed.

cdtm
Why not when these brick like characters has shown and demonstrated super speed through their entire career? I don't get it.

If your criteria for demonstrating super speed is tagging a speedster, 99% of comic book characters have super speed, and Slades a light speedster.

With PIS off, Grundy or Hulk isn't tagging a high end speedster, period.

carver9
If your criteria for demonstrating super speed is tagging a speedster, 99% of comic book characters have super speed, and Slades a light speedster.

With PIS off, Grundy or Hulk isn't tagging a high end speedster, period.

That's not what I am using. Im using them blitzing people who have super speed and people saying (people with super speed) during combat that they didn't even see Hulk or Grundy move because they were moving so fast.

It has been stated on MULTIPLE of occasions that Hulk has super speed. Hulk was recently creating sonic booms. Hulk recently blitzed the hell out of Armageddon.

Grundy on more than one occasion surprised flash with his speed.

That's all the proof I need.

Eternal Idol
That's not what I am using. Im using them blitzing people who have super speed and people saying (people with super speed) during combat that they didn't even see Hulk or Grundy move because they were moving so fast.

It has been stated on MULTIPLE of occasions that Hulk has super speed. Hulk was recently creating sonic booms. Hulk recently blitzed the hell out of Armageddon.

Sounds more like a writer trying to sell a story than a legitimate speed feat.

-Pr-

Surprising someone with your speed doesn't make you super-fast; it just makes you faster than they were expecting you to be. Neither Grundy nor Hulk (unless he's had some magic speed amp lately) have superspeed.

TheHulk
You're just trying to make a case for Hulk having super-speed. crackers He does actually hell he runs faster than hercules,but of course reflexes are a different thing whereas he matched Sentry in a fist fight...

TheHulk
Sounds more like a writer trying to sell a story than a legitimate speed feat. you know your acting just plain bias....

Uriel005
Originally posted by psycho gundam
how do you know he's not lying? Grundy incarnations are however powerful/intelligent they need to be for story line. As a character posters should really specify which storyline they're pulling Grundy from or at least the incarnation considering one death he might be mid meta brick and other times he'll tool the entirety of the top tier in a fist fight and has magic immunity but is little more than a mindless brute.

Eternal Idol
Originally posted by Uriel005
Grundy incarnations are however powerful/intelligent they need to be for story line. As a character posters should really specify which storyline they're pulling Grundy from or at least the incarnation considering one death he might be mid meta brick and other times he'll tool the entirety of the top tier in a fist fight and has magic immunity but is little more than a mindless brute.
So, in other words, either Grundy or the JLA/JSA job when they need to for the sake of making an interesting story?

Doesn't make for very good forum debates if the same character has several "incarnations" with varying power levels.

Eternal Idol
Originally posted by TheHulk
He does actually hell he runs faster than hercules,but of course reflexes are a different thing whereas he matched Sentry in a fist fight...

you know your acting just plain bias....
Hulk no have super-speed.

Hulk go now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUWgE0EVQ9c

-Pr-
Originally posted by TheHulk
He does actually hell he runs faster than hercules,but of course reflexes are a different thing whereas he matched Sentry in a fist fight...

Sentry wasn't using all of his speed.

carver9
He was using speed though and we don't know if he didn't use all of his speed...speculation.

-Pr-
He was using speed though and we don't know if he didn't use all of his speed...speculation.

Considering the fact that he allowed Hulk to hit him, I'm not so sure.

And besides, you can't assume he did use it all, either.

vansonbee
Originally posted by -Pr-
Surprising someone with your speed doesn't make you super-fast; it just makes you faster than they were expecting you to be. Neither Grundy nor Hulk (unless he's had some magic speed amp lately) have superspeed. Ditto, but I have to add, Hulk is the fastest brick I know of in maneuverability.

And besides, you can't assume he did use it all, either. Agreed, I don't think Sentry knew how strong Hulk was, when he went straight confrontational. Also the area was crammed, so there was no way for Sentry to move around in the buildings.

-Pr-
Originally posted by vansonbee
Ditto, but I have to add, Hulk is the fastest brick I know of in maneuverability.

Agreed, I don't think Sentry knew how strong Hulk was, when he went straight confrontational. Also the area was crammed, so there was no way for Sentry to move around in the buildings.

Hulk is quick, no doubt about it, especially for someone of his size.

carver9

And besides, you can't assume he did use it all, either.

People tend to forget that during the beginning, Hulk allowed Sentry to hit him as well...Sentry hits was leveling entire city blocks. Hulk earned those free licks.

It's not an assumption...it was shown on panel that he was using his speed.

carver9
Originally posted by vansonbee
Ditto, but I have to add, Hulk is the fastest brick I know of in maneuverability.

Agreed, I don't think Sentry knew how strong Hulk was, when he went straight confrontational. Also the area was crammed, so there was no way for Sentry to move around in the buildings.

Why didn't he know when he stated on panel that WWH is someone that he does not need to hold back against. He knew and I am pretty sure he knew it was a possibility he could lose.

-Pr-
People tend to forget that during the beginning, Hulk allowed Sentry to hit him as well...Sentry hits was leveling entire city blocks. Hulk earned those free licks.

It's not an assumption...it was shown on panel that he was using his speed.

What difference does that make?

You claimed that he matched Sentry's speed, not that Sentry simply used speed.

LordofBrooklyn
So, in other words, either Grundy or the JLA/JSA job when they need to for the sake of making an interesting story?

Doesn't make for very good forum debates if the same character has several "incarnations" with varying power levels.

Respectfully, your statement makes no sense.

There are very few characters who have a static powerset who have existed for several decades. Just take a look at the forum and you will see several versions of characters specific to a thread.

8th Day Juggernaut, Sundipped Superman, King Thor, Vice and Virtue Despero etc.

Specifying the version at the beginning should be enough.

Eternal Idol
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Respectfully, your statement makes no sense.

There are very few characters who have a static powerset who have existed for several decades. Just take a look at the forum and you will see several versions of characters specific to a thread.

8th Day Juggernaut, Sundipped Superman, King Thor, Vice and Virtue Despero etc.

Specifying the version at the beginning should be enough.
I understand what you're saying, but the examples you gave (or at least the ones I'm familiar with) were very specific as to how these characters were empowered or weakened within the story.

With Grundy, it seems every time he is resurrected, his power level has been altered to a significant degree from the last time he was out and about. In one story, Grundy's wrecking entire teams with relative ease, the next he get his ass kicked by the likes of Batman and Green Arrow. Unless there is some factor that directly affects Grundy's power of which I'm not aware of, it seems his power fluctuates for no reason at all other than to fit with the story.

Prep-Man
All out Grundy can at least stalemate.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.