Old One Eye runs a gauntlet.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ArtificialGlory
So the legendary Carnifex grows bored of being unkillable and decides to take on some nasty bastards such as:

1. The Archdemon(DA:O);
2. Illidan(Skull of Gul'dan);
3. OoT Ganondorf(no coming back from the dead if Ganon gets gored);
4. Jon Irenicus;
Old One Eye may call upon the help of 5 Tyranid Warriors if the match turns out to be too one-sided.

BONUS ROUNDS. In these Old One Eye gets help from a single Hierophant Bio-Titan.
1. Fatboy tank(factory enabled);
2. Kil'jaeden.

P.S: Please don't get your panties all up in a bunch if you think the characters in the gauntlet are out of order. I did my best(uhh, sort of) to place them in the correct order.

Burning thought
Kiljaeden will likely win, prob the Fatboy too and its nice to see some supreme com love. I doubt the first 3 will have the power to counter its durability though.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Burning thought
Kiljaeden will likely win, prob the Fatboy too and its nice to see some supreme com love. I doubt the first 3 will have the power to counter its durability though.

Yea, I suppose the bonus rounds are pretty spitey. Hmmph, I suppose we can always add a couple of hundred Tyranid gribblies, more Bio-Titans, the Swarmlord, etc.
EDIT: SupCom, hell yeah. Where do you think my avatar comes from?

NemeBro
The Hierophant obviously solos Kiljaedan.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by NemeBro
The Hierophant obviously solos Kiljaedan.

Probably. With the RPG books having been declared non-canon, there is now less than ever legit info on Kil'jaeden. Unless there was some in the new(er) books I haven't read.

NemeBro
Well shit, I was at least hoping for you to bite my trollbait.

Remind me, who is Jon Irenicus? I am confident OOE could beat the first three guise, but have no idea who this Jon feller is.

I have no idea what a Fatboy Tank is either.

RE: Blaxican
archdemon rapes it.

NemeBro
I wonder when Blax will realise his trolling isn't really funny anymore.

estahuh

I wonder when Nemebro will realize that My Little Pony stopped being cool like 3 weeks ago. uhuh

Nephthys

Remind me, who is Jon Irenicus? I am confident OOE could beat the first three guise, but have no idea who this Jon feller is.

He's the villian from Baldurs Gate 2. Hes a high-level wizard about on par with Elminster, so pretty much he stops time, turns OOE to stone and shits on his face.

Or he just disintergrates him. Unless OOE can makes his fortitude roll of course.

ArtificialGlory

Yea, KJ has a severe feat-deficit. Power-scaling does say a fair bit about him, but whatevs.

Jon Irenicus, like Neph said, is the villain from Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn. He's an extremely powerful mage.

A Fatboy is a massive, massive tank-fortress of doom that can crap out Assault Bots the size of Warlord titans(and many other nasties) out of its ass roughly every 20 seconds(the smaller stuff takes less time) if it has enough mass and energy.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Nephthys
He's the villian from Baldurs Gate 2. Hes a high-level wizard about on par with Elminster, so pretty much he stops time, turns OOE to stone and shits on his face.

Or he just disintergrates him. Unless OOE can makes his fortitude roll of course. So a powerful Dungeons and Dragons mage?

Unless Old One Eye scores a natural 1, it should definitely make its fortitude save I'd imagine. Considering it would have more constitution than the Tarrasque. What is the save DC? What is Jon's intelligence?

Also, Flesh to Stone allows a fortitude save my friend, same problem.

You must also consider that in Dungeons and Dragons, stopping time means you can't attack. wink

"While the
time stop is in effect, other creatures are
invulnerable to your attacks and spells; you
cannot target such creatures with any
attack or spell."

Also, "as powerful as Elminster" doesn't give me much hope for Jon. Since Elminster is frankly weaker than a good 17th level Wizard. estahuh

Unless Jon has something special in the Baldur's Gate games that allows him to supersede the rules of DnD, or he has access to some broken ass spells that disallow save DCs, there is little hope for him. 131

Though what edition is Baldur's Gate actually based on? O:

Hm. If Jon old boy has Shivering Touch, he could actually incapacitate Old One Eye in a single round. Does a good amount of damage to dexterity, which Old One Eye is relatively lacking, and allows no saving throw.

ares834
If Jon Irenicus is really near Elminster in power than Old One Eye is toast.

NemeBro
Elminster is a pussy.

Nephthys
So a powerful Dungeons and Dragons mage?

Unless Old One Eye scores a natural 1, it should definitely make its fortitude save I'd imagine. Considering it would have more constitution than the Tarrasque. What is the save DC? What is Jon's intelligence?

Also, Flesh to Stone allows a fortitude save my friend, same problem.

I was joking with the fortitude save. Thats obviously just game mechanics BS.

You must also consider that in Dungeons and Dragons, stopping time means you can't attack. wink

"While the
time stop is in effect, other creatures are
invulnerable to your attacks and spells; you
cannot target such creatures with any
attack or spell."

Its based on the Advanced Dungeons & Dragons 2nd edition ruleset, in which you most certainly can target creatures while in Timestop as well as damage them though the effects are not felt until after the Timestop has finished.

http://www.gamebanshee.com/baldursgateii/spells/images/timestop.jpg

Unless Jon has something special in the Baldur's Gate games that allows him to supersede the rules of DnD, or he has access to some broken ass spells that disallow save DCs, there is little hope for him. 131

He does actually. Irenicus has access to the unique spell Rapture of the Father, a death spell thats able to instantly kill six enemies with no regard to magic resistance or saving throws.

He can also create a perfect clone of his opponent. So at the very least he can clone OOE and shove lightning bolts up his ass while it fights its clone.

And he can rapidly teleport.

Though what edition is Baldur's Gate actually based on? O:

Hm. If Jon old boy has Shivering Touch, he could actually incapacitate Old One Eye in a single round. Does a good amount of damage to dexterity, which Old One Eye is relatively lacking, and allows no saving throw.

2nd Edition. Though wikipedia mentions that it was slightly modified.

I don't think Shivering Touch is in Baldur's Gate.

NemeBro
I was joking with the fortitude save. Thats obviously just game mechanics BS.

Game mechanics and plot are synonymous in DnD.

Show me a spell that works. estahuh

He can also create a perfect clone of his opponent. So at the very least he can clone OOE and shove lightning bolts up his ass while it fights its clone.

Based on this yeah he'd probably win, though I doubt the lightning bolts would do anything.

Are you sure he could replicate OOE though? O: Since according to stats, Old One Eye is physically much stronger than Kord, god of strength. 131

Elminster is still a pussy. estahuh

On another note, what can the Fatboy's machines actually do? I've seen 40k vs. SupCom threads before, all they have told me is that the SupCom units are big. Which doesn't mean much.

SupCom is an incredibly boring universe. You're better off just not knowing.

Nephthys
Game mechanics and plot are synonymous in DnD.

Nah. Though if you want to go that route Old One Eye has to roll a dice every time he wants to hit. As does every other WH40K character we use in this forum. I'm sure I don't have to tell you how stupid and impossible that would be.

Show me a spell that works. estahuh

What do you mean? Like this:

2oxSyjBR4Uo

Edwin hits the dragon with like 8 spells during Time Stop.

Based on this yeah he'd probably win, though I doubt the lightning bolts would do anything.

Are you sure he could replicate OOE though? O: Since according to stats, Old One Eye is physically much stronger than Kord, god of strength. 131

Cool.

The spell depends upon the strength of the opponent, so I don't see why it wouldn't be able to replicate him/it.

Elminster is still a pussy. estahuh

I wouldn't know. I havn't dabbled in DnD outside of Baldurs Gate, Neverwinter Nights and Icewind Dale. Given how much people gobble his knob in those games I assume he's pretty l33t.

NemeBro
Nah. Though if you want to go that route Old One Eye has to roll a dice every time he wants to hit. As does every other WH40K character we use in this forum. I'm sure I don't have to tell you how stupid and impossible that would be.

But we can assume characters with an incredibly powerful constitution can resist spells that allow a fortitude spell. It's not perfect, but it's better than any level 20 Wizard casting Time Stop and then Wail of the Banshee for an instant win in every thread.

Shut your mouth.

Damn right it is.

No-Limits fallacy. estahuh

Shit is pretty fun.

Nephthys
But we can assume characters with an incredibly powerful constitution can resist spells that allow a fortitude spell. It's not perfect, but it's better than any level 20 Wizard casting Time Stop and then Wail of the Banshee for an instant win in every thread.

Maybe. This is a tricky subject and I think needs some Mod-decision on it, especially given that Tabletop games have been recently allowed. Personally I feel that this ruleapplies:

14. All characters are, by default, presented in vs. threads as they are in their respective games. This includes physical feats of strength, speed, durability, etc. shown in the games, regardless of the universe. The sole caveat to this is if the original post outlines imposed limitations. I will make this very clear: If a character can do something in a game, they can do it in the vs. thread, unless the original post specifically says no. This does not extend to things that are clearly gameplay mechanics - stuff like QTEs, turn-based systems, health and magic point systems, etc. It does extend to abilities that are clearly seen to be used in the game, and that the character is clearly intended to be able to do - the developers would not give the characters abilities that can be used in gameplay if they didn't intend them to be able to use them.

Fortitude rolls fall into that category imo.

Shut your mouth.

big grin

Damn right it is.

You're always cool Nemebro-sama.

No-Limits fallacy. estahuh

Well correct me if I'm wrong but in DnD terms aren't mages not actually the wielders of power, as in they just manipulate the Weave (magical energy) present in the universe? The Weave is capable of some pretty incredible stuff. I think creating a replica of Old One Eye isn't out of the question for a mage to accomplish, its merely a highly-evolved creature. Just flesh and blood. I mean, wizards can create entire pocket dimensions, this isn't outside of their capabilities.

Shit is pretty fun.

Well unfortunately I live in England and there isn't as much opportunity for nerdy DnD stuff over here.

Nephthys
Though seriously all Irenicus needs is Magic Missile.

I ****ing love Magic Missile.

NemeBro
Maybe. This is a tricky subject and I think needs some Mod-decision on it, especially given that Tabletop games have been recently allowed. Personally I feel that this ruleapplies:

14. All characters are, by default, presented in vs. threads as they are in their respective games. This includes physical feats of strength, speed, durability, etc. shown in the games, regardless of the universe. The sole caveat to this is if the original post outlines imposed limitations. I will make this very clear: If a character can do something in a game, they can do it in the vs. thread, unless the original post specifically says no. This does not extend to things that are clearly gameplay mechanics - stuff like QTEs, turn-based systems, health and magic point systems, etc. It does extend to abilities that are clearly seen to be used in the game, and that the character is clearly intended to be able to do - the developers would not give the characters abilities that can be used in gameplay if they didn't intend them to be able to use them.

Fortitude rolls fall into that category imo.

Only here is this thing: Dungeons and Dragons is not a videogame. Not by any stretch of the word. While tabletop games may of been allowed, they are fundamentally different. DnD has no cutscenes, and in the "story" of DnD, a Barbarian can in fact resist a Flesh to Stone spell by virtue of being tough as nails. This isn't just a gameplay mechanic, it is canon that some creatures can do this, within the world of DnD.

I tell you to shut your mouth and you open it wider? Stfu.

Well that's true.

Depends on which setting we are discussing. In Greyhawk, which is the default 3.5 setting and as such the one I am most familiar with, for example, magic is a finite resource, and is linked to the power of Boccob, greater deity of magic, and arguably the most powerful deity in DnD short of Tharizdun. With every spell created, or magic item created, you bring more magic into existence, while destroying magical items or spells or whatever takes some away, all while Tharizdun is busy sucking the magic from the Multiverse as well. But... Stuff.

I DO NOT SEE HOW THAT ANSWERS MY POINT HONESTLY.

You just have to look harder. estahuh

Nephthys

NemeBro
But Baldur's Gate is a videogame. QED.

But is based directly on DnD mechanics. But I guess if you want to be a baby about it. estahuh

Not really answering my question either, regardless. And Mystra is a filthy weak whore compared to the manliness of Boccob.

Prove it. :3

Nephthys
But is based directly on DnD mechanics. But I guess if you want to be a baby about it. estahuh

Not really answering my question either, regardless. And Mystra is a filthy weak whore compared to the manliness of Boccob.

Prove it. :3

I do, so there.

Mystra ****ed Elminster.

Considering he's the creator of the Forgotten Realms Author Insert she basically ****ed God. That >>>>>>

Its just a big bug. Irenicus can create about 12 fully formed humanoids out of the ether without effort. I'm not seeing where you think he'll have trouble here.

NemeBro
I do, so there.

What a short girl with big bosom.

Yes yes, we all know Elminster is a Mary Sue "WHO HAD HAWT SECKZ WITH THE GODDESS OF MAJIK WHOSE BEWBS WERE WAI HOOGE," but that's what makes her a skank.

Also, she's dead. Boccob is not. Boccob>

He is a big bug made of materials that don't exist in his universe and makes the Tarrasque look like a joke.

ArtificialGlory
Well guys, that's really fascinating and all, but now I'd like to hear your thoughts on all of the 6 rounds. Here's mine:
1. Old One Eye probably wins without much effort, unless the Archdemon manages to turn his ability to fly into a decisive advantage. Still though, I am gonna give to OOE since the Archdemon likely won't even be able to really even damage OOE.
2. It's a tougher fight against Illidan. Not only can Illidan fly, but he can nuke pretty hard and summon elemental nasties to fight for him and is generally an adept sorcerer and fighter both. Illidan might cause some serious damage if he goes all out.
3. Don't know as much as I should about OoT Ganondorf, but if I'm to trust certain people here, then he's a very powerful sorcerer, has awesome TK, and high physical strength as well as durability. Might as well allow Composite Ganondorf to make it more interesting.
4. Neph has already said pretty much all there's to say about Jon Irenicus. I think he has a good chance at winning if he doesn't hold back.
5. Fatboy and its constructs probably just blow the shit out of everything before the 'Nids even realize what's going on. Likely needs more 'Nid gribblies.
6. Someone call the ambulance, there's gonna be an accident.

NemeBro
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
1. Old One Eye probably wins without much effort, unless the Archdemon manages to turn his ability to fly into a decisive advantage. Still though, I am gonna give to OOE since the Archdemon likely won't even be able to really even damage OOE.

I would agree. OOE could frankly kill the Archdemon in a single attack.

I haven't seen anything from Illidan to suggest he could do much harm to OOE IMHO. Among Carnifexes, IIRC OOE's regeneration and ability to survive damage is unparalleled, though... Flying kind of makes this fight hilarious, since OOE doesn't actually have any way to harm a flying opponent.

Er, Composite Ganondorf has the full Triforce at his disposal. The only beings in 40k I'd argue against that are powerful Daemon Princes/Greater Daemons and their equivelants.

I can't really say. What Neph has told me honestly comes off as No Limits nonsense and is without context. Never played Baldur's Gate 2, because I suck.

Pft, SupCom is overrated. 131

OOE will accidentally rip Kiljaedan in half? estahuh

Nephthys
I can't really say. What Neph has told me honestly comes off as No Limits nonsense and is without context. Never played Baldur's Gate 2, because I suck.

The context is that he creates clones of your party and the inmates of the Wizard prison you're in (all of which are high-level mages) to fight your party. These clones iirc have all your magical equipment and abilities.

And creating a giant bug is certainly inside its capabilities and not a No-limits fallacy.

NemeBro
The context is that he creates clones of your party and the inmates of the Wizard prison you're in (all of which are high-level mages) to fight your party. These clones iirc have all your magical equipment and abilities.

And creating a giant bug is certainly inside its capabilities and not a No-limits fallacy. Old One Eye is a giant bug in the same way Superman is a dude wearing underwear.

Nephthys
It could probably clone Superman as well. Not a fully-powered Superman who has all of his powers from exposure to sunlight maybe, but as just a highly evolved alien, yeah probably.

Like, have you ever heard of a Simulcrum? Its the exact same thing. It conjures a perfect replica out of thin air. No matter if you're an Epic level Wizard with magic coming out of your nose. Its ****ing magic, it can do all sorts of crazy shit.

NemeBro

Nephthys
I merely used Simulcrum as an example of creating a duplicate. TBH I forgot about the copy being weaker because in Baldurs Gate its so easy to get around that (and the spells better in BG but only targets yourself). Just cure level-drain and bang, you have two high-level Wizards.

Demogorgan is perhaps too magical or too high up the Demon/Devil heirarchy to copy. But Irenicus did create clones of several high-level wizards and the party a once, so perhaps its not outside of the spells capabilities. But I don't see that being a problem with OOE. Its merely an efficiently put together bug.

ArtificialGlory
I would agree. OOE could frankly kill the Archdemon in a single attack.

I haven't seen anything from Illidan to suggest he could do much harm to OOE IMHO. Among Carnifexes, IIRC OOE's regeneration and ability to survive damage is unparalleled, though... Flying kind of makes this fight hilarious, since OOE doesn't actually have any way to harm a flying opponent.

Er, Composite Ganondorf has the full Triforce at his disposal. The only beings in 40k I'd argue against that are powerful Daemon Princes/Greater Daemons and their equivelants.

Pft, SupCom is overrated. 131

OOE will accidentally rip Kiljaedan in half? estahuh

Though the Archdemon can fly, I reckon it would eventually get too close to OOE and get slaughtered.

I imagine OOE would be in a lot of trouble if Illidan managed to hit his eye-socket with his awesome eye-lasers. As for Illidan, he got quite a few power boosts throughout his life: from Sargeras, Skull of Gul'dan, Kil'jaeden, etc. Though he still managed to lose a fight to Death Knight Arthas. Most agree it was a quite the PIS moment, but either way that was embarrassing.

Oh yea, sans the full Triforce. Naturally.

Overrated by who? :P I didn't know there was even anyone out there to overrate SupCom.

Rip him in half? By grabbing his (illusory) hoof-hair? rolling on floor laughing Besides, shouldn't the Hierophant do the ripping in this case?

NemeBro
I merely used Simulcrum as an example of creating a duplicate. TBH I forgot about the copy being weaker because in Baldurs Gate its so easy to get around that (and the spells better in BG but only targets yourself). Just cure level-drain and bang, you have two high-level Wizards.

Demogorgan is perhaps too magical or too high up the Demon/Devil heirarchy to copy. But Irenicus did create clones of several high-level wizards and the party a once, so perhaps its not outside of the spells capabilities. But I don't see that being a problem with OOE. Its merely an efficiently put together bug.

Er, Demogorgon is far above your average high-level Wizard, much further.

Demogorgon showed up out of nowhere and proceeded to rape a horde of Demon Lords and force Orcus and Graz'zt to bow to him. The only other Demon Lord you can make a realistic claim of maybe being more powerful is Dagon, who gets bonus points as a Lovecraft reference.

I AM JUST SAYING.

I am mostly trolling when talking about OOE though.

Hm.

What is the copy spell called?

Nephthys
Er, Demogorgon is far above your average high-level Wizard, much further.

Demogorgon showed up out of nowhere and proceeded to rape a horde of Demon Lords and force Orcus and Graz'zt to bow to him. The only other Demon Lord you can make a realistic claim of maybe being more powerful is Dagon, who gets bonus points as a Lovecraft reference.

I AM JUST SAYING.

I am mostly trolling when talking about OOE though.

Hm.

What is the copy spell called?

Ah. I got the impression he wasn't that great seeing as you get to kill him in the Baldur's Gate 2 expansion. So, yeah, probably not ging to work on him then.

Spawn Clones. I'm pretty sure it was made up for the game. Even the wiki doesn't really talk about it. According to TVTropes the clones do not have equipment. Oh well, my memories bad anyway.

NemeBro
Nephy what was the context behind this beating up of Demogorgon? O:

Though the Archdemon can fly, I reckon it would eventually get too close to OOE and get slaughtered.

I really think there is absolutely nothing at all the Archdemon can do to hurt OOE. At all. Ever. Seriously.

How the hell did he lose to Arthas using what is essentially just a really cool sword? erm Or maybe I am overrating Arthas.

With Illidan it depends on him playing smart with OOE. Trying to fight it in melee combat is pretty much just begging for it to kill him dead. But flying around and shooting lasers at it and shit? Well, that could work if it can damage it, yeah.

Hm. Ganondorf can also fly... Lol. Who would of thought that flight and decent ranged capabilities would gimp a Carnifex so much?

Some guy on DakkaDakka. The only thing useful I got out of that thread is:

- The units are big
- They have excellent production capabilities.

Which is fair enough, but they need something more substantial than that.

Pft, cowardly sorcery. Khorne frowns on such nonsense.

The Hierophant would be better for it, yeah, having long bladed limbs of awesomeness that are faster than you may think. The Hierophant is incredibly agile for its size.

Nephthys
Nephy what was the context behind this beating up of Demogorgon? O:

How the hell did he lose to Arthas using what is essentially just a really cool sword? erm Or maybe I am overrating Arthas.

Your parties locked in a small room with him and then you beat him up. It helps that the player character is the child of a God and imbued with his divine essence btw.

eB82pF_64mw

NemeBro
Too lazy to watch right now.

What god is your character's father? O:

Nephthys
Bhaal, God of Murder.

Whats really cool is that at the end of the game you can take his place as the new God of Murder.

NemeBro
Bhaal, God of Murder.

Whats really cool is that at the end of the game you can take his place as the new God of Murder. Ah Bhaal.

Lol.

He's dead.

Man Forgotten Realms really did say a big "**** YOU" to all the deities.

But yeah, a powerful enough Demigod backed by powerful enough losers could possibly best Demogorgon.

The Scenario
Does Old One Eye have any ranged biomorphs? Or the ability to jump?

If not, Ganondorf being able to fly does put a damper on the battle, since he can just hover out of range taking potshots until he gets bored, since he probably isn't getting past the regeneration. Maybe Ganondorf can set it on fire or teleport it somewhere else.

NemeBro
Originally posted by The Scenario
Does Old One Eye have any ranged biomorphs? Or the ability to jump?

Nope, OOE is purely physical.

And on the jumping bit... Well, I have never seen a Carnifex jump, and going by what it looks like, am gonna go with no. no expression

ScreamPaste
Ganon can BFR OoE. /Shrug.

ArtificialGlory

Some guy on DakkaDakka. The only thing useful I got out of that thread is:

- The units are big
- They have excellent production capabilities.

Which is fair enough, but they need something more substantial than that.

Pft, cowardly sorcery. Khorne frowns on such nonsense.

The Hierophant would be better for it, yeah, having long bladed limbs of awesomeness that are faster than you may think. The Hierophant is incredibly agile for its size.

To be fair, Arthas was like the most powerful Death Knight ever, wielding freakin' Frostmourne. It's more than just a really cool sword. Still though, Arthas won that fight far too easily.

Size is a virtue of its own. I mean, when a shell fired by the Fatboy is as large(or even larger) as OOE, it doesn't leave much to the imagination what's gonna happen when it hits. Nukes, Neutrino bombs, Ionized Condensed Plasma, Anti-matter charges, Quantum(yeah, everything is ****ing Quantum in SupCom, whatever the hell that means) weapons, and all kinds of other exotic crap is pretty much mainstay in SupCom. All that is hampered, like Blax said, by SupCom's lackluster lore. It's more or less like "Big war happens in the future, lots of huge robots blow the shit out of each other. Then some aliens decide to exterminate humanity. With huge robots."

Well, Khorne can frown upon it all he likes. Kil'jaeden's sorcery is like hardcore. He's gonna pop the Nids like it's 1999.

NemeBro
To be fair, Arthas was like the most powerful Death Knight ever, wielding freakin' Frostmourne. It's more than just a really cool sword. Still though, Arthas won that fight far too easily.

Death Knights are cowards and fewls though.

Lesser Carnifexes than Old One Eye have survived the atmosphere of a planet completely igniting and glassing it, due to their regeneration. OOE's regen is unparalleled in terms of Carnifexes.

Pft. He's not even the equal of a Lord of Change, obviously. estahuh

ArtificialGlory
Death Knights are cowards and fewls though.

Lesser Carnifexes than Old One Eye have survived the atmosphere of a planet completely igniting and glassing it, due to their regeneration. OOE's regen is unparalleled in terms of Carnifexes.

Pft. He's not even the equal of a Lord of Change, obviously. estahuh

I don't think that Death Knights are really even capable of fear anymore. Teron Gorefiend was proper righteous and not foolish at all.

How do they breathe, then? Do they even need to breathe? At any rate, they must have gotten exceedingly lucky since far, far lesser weapons than planet-glassers successfully take Carnifexes down all the time, including OOE.

You mean those Skeksis wannabes? Freakin' amateurs compared to KJ. Happy Dance

Burning thought
iirc Cyclonic torpedos just use a viral method or breaking down most of whats on a planet to nothing until the virus eats itself, of course it leaves out a large number of things, for example rock and such so there are things it does not destroy and it seems Carnifex' are one of them, their not unless the one Nemebro was talking about is different heavy warheads that do a huge amount of explosive force, its just a virus so this one virus is ineffective against the Fex.

Hence why you can list hundreds of WH40k weapons that affect less of a scale that wipe out Carnifex', I dont see anything in Supreme com having much difficulty simply by virtue of size, even some of the lesser units could crush him into fluid.

ScreamPaste
No, those are virus bombs.

Cyclonic torpedoes are high yield explosives that can destablilize the structure of a planet.

Burning thought
Ill look into Warriors of Ultramar to be clear, I could have sworn they used Cyclone torpedos. Also looking at the Lex, they use a specific type to actually destroy a planet ,one with a Melta charge.

ScreamPaste
That's a two stage. That legit planet busts.

Cyclonic torpedoes on their own, the normal kind, can destabilise the structure of a planet.

NemeBro
I don't think that Death Knights are really even capable of fear anymore. Teron Gorefiend was proper righteous and not foolish at all.

No u.

Actually IIRC Tyranids don't need to breathe. Their ships have no oxygen or anything. They actually eat the atmosphere of a planet, stripping it clean.

What lesser weapons are these? What, like Plasma Guns? Sounds to me like that says more about Plasma Guns than anything. 131

Isn't KJ a raid boss now? 131

ArtificialGlory
No u.

Actually IIRC Tyranids don't need to breathe. Their ships have no oxygen or anything. They actually eat the atmosphere of a planet, stripping it clean.

What lesser weapons are these? What, like Plasma Guns? Sounds to me like that says more about Plasma Guns than anything. 131

Isn't KJ a raid boss now? 131

If they don't need to breathe then what do they "run" on? I remember reading that at least some Tyranids don't even have stomachs. What does that leave?

Well, I don't remember Plasma Guns accidentally destabilizing the structure of a planet when misfired. Even then, I bet that a plasma gun is not even the weakest weapon that can damage or even kill a Carnifex.

A raid boss? Psshhh. I bet you don't wanna shit talk about Death Knights now, do you? Or maybe KJ is severely weakened by bad music?

NemeBro
If they don't need to breathe then what do they "run" on? I remember reading that at least some Tyranids don't even have stomachs. What does that leave?

They don't all have digestive systems, they all have a place to store biomass though. And don't think too hard on it, 40k is about as far from hard SF as it gets almost.

The effect of a Carnifex is clearly more focused. 131

Also different. Plasma weaponry in 40k isn't just some ball of intense heat, it actually converts its target into superheated plasma on impact.

What else has been shown to reliably kill a Carnifex?

The bad music made it unbearable to watch.

So he can get beaten by a single (Gnome?) Death Knight or something? I honestly couldn't tell what it was foitin' him.

ArtificialGlory
They don't all have digestive systems, they all have a place to store biomass though. And don't think too hard on it, 40k is about as far from hard SF as it gets almost.

The effect of a Carnifex is clearly more focused. 131

Also different. Plasma weaponry in 40k isn't just some ball of intense heat, it actually converts its target into superheated plasma on impact.

What else has been shown to reliably kill a Carnifex?

The bad music made it unbearable to watch.

So he can get beaten by a single (Gnome?) Death Knight or something? I honestly couldn't tell what it was foitin' him.

I see. I mean, less sophisticated weaponry than Plasma can hurt and kill Carnifexes. Good old-fasioned explosives, a big enough bolter, I think even a chainsword can slash one.

You should mute it. I did.

I think it was a lvl85 Draenei Death Knight. It's just some silliness because the character is 2 Expansion Packs ahead of what the Kil'jaeden encounter was intended to be(lvl70). The gains in(at least gameplay) player character power between Expansions is pretty vast.

NemeBro
I see. I mean, less sophisticated weaponry than Plasma can hurt and kill Carnifexes. Good old-fasioned explosives, a big enough bolter, I think even a chainsword can slash one.

Perhaps, though I can recall nothing lesser that has, honestly. Except in Dawn of War apparently (The games, not the novels. No one, not even Black Library, consider the novels canon). "Even a chainsword" is disingenuous, when the teeth of a chainsword are monomolecular (Incredibly sharp), while also having less surface area than a normal sword, and spin incredibly fast. And usually have superhuman (It's hard to tell to exactly what extent) strength and speed backing them up. And when has a chainsword killed a Carnifex? A chainsword isn't even likely to seriously injure a Marine in power armour.

Also, keep in mind Old One Eye is speshul. It took a plasma gun to the eye to incapacitate it.

Never.

A Draenei? I assumed Gnome because he looked tiny.

Lol, so Kil'Jaeden<Level 85 characters huh? 131

A carnifex was shredded by a hydra battery in the first CC novel. Scream tried to cry non-canon, but I crrushed him so utterly that he dropped the point and just focused on the codex bullshit.

gg 313

Burning thought
Missle launcher--->blow carnifex head off ftw.

/highfive

**** the weak ass Tyranids, Master Chief > OOE!

NemeBro
Missle launcher--->blow carnifex head off ftw.

Considering Krak Missiles can destroy Dark Eldar spires, which dwarf five kilometer long strike cruisers, well... smile

Also, Blax, you're going to have to remind me what a Hydra Battery is.

Considering Krak Missiles can destroy Dark Eldar spires, which dwarf five kilometer long strike cruisers, well... smile

That's easier than you'd think, really, as you'd only need to destroy a small portion of the building; the rest'll collapse on its own from the instability, ala the world trade center.

Honestly though, I'm just trolling.
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/354208.page

Basically an anti-aircraft gun; fires a shitload of rounds at a time.

NemeBro
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
That's easier than you'd think, really, as you'd only need to destroy a small portion of the building; the rest'll collapse on its own from the instability, ala the world trade center.

A "small portion" of a Dark Eldar spire is still incredibly large. estahuh

No shit.

haermm

Oh right, so basically an autocannon.

Not sure why that got Shin buttmad. Autocannons are meant to deal with shit like that, and fire fusillades of ammunition that makes a heavy bolter look meek and pathetic in comparison.

Granted I'm not sure why an anti-aircraft gun was used to kill a Carnifex.

Scream lives in a dream world filled with naked genestealer women, who whisper myths into his ears, such as Hive Tyrants surviving the force of black holes, and hive fleets flying through supernovas unscathed.

From what I remember the hydra was part of a heavy armor regiment that got flanked by the tyranids. They basically just turned their vehicles around and started blasting away.

Thinking more on it... it might have been a hive tyrant that got shredded by the hydra, not a carnifex. I'll check the book when I get home.

NemeBro
Scream lives in a dream world filled with naked genestealer women, who whisper myths into his ears, such as Hive Tyrants surviving the force of black holes, and hive fleets flying through supernovas unscathed.

To be fair, genestealer women are hot.

A Hive Tyrant is actually a bit physically tougher than a Carnifex, in most sources I have read. Albeit physically weaker on average.

But regardless, an autocannon killing either is not completely unbelievable.

Edit: On another note, I am downloading a huge amount of ****ing 40k books and comics from scribd, so will have moar feats and other nonsense later and shit, perhaps.

ArtificialGlory
Perhaps, though I can recall nothing lesser that has, honestly. Except in Dawn of War apparently (The games, not the novels. No one, not even Black Library, consider the novels canon). "Even a chainsword" is disingenuous, when the teeth of a chainsword are monomolecular (Incredibly sharp), while also having less surface area than a normal sword, and spin incredibly fast. And usually have superhuman (It's hard to tell to exactly what extent) strength and speed backing them up. And when has a chainsword killed a Carnifex? A chainsword isn't even likely to seriously injure a Marine in power armour.

Also, keep in mind Old One Eye is speshul. It took a plasma gun to the eye to incapacitate it.

Never.

A Draenei? I assumed Gnome because he looked tiny.

Lol, so Kil'Jaeden<Level 85 characters huh? 131

Well yeah, hardly anything in 40K is ordinary or weak, but obviously a Plasma Weapon > Chainsword. Regardless, I think we can all agree that you don't need anything even remotely close to planet-destroying firepower to injure and kill a Carnifex, even if it's a special one like OOE. And yeah, I got that one from DoW 2.

Special, but I bet a Mech Marine or a Hunter could just run circles around OOE and pwn it.

Then you will have to suffer the aural onslaught.

She looks tiny because the camera is zoomed out all the way. It appears so, but it's mostly gameplay. WoW often sacrifices lore for game mechanics and convenience. I mean, you can go to Molten Core alone(lvl60 raid) and pwn Ragnaros with your farts, but if you go to Firelands(lvl85) alone, Ragnaros will pwn you with his farts. Going by that, the Lich King's mooks are more powerful than Kil'jaeden and there are many more examples such as this. Despite all that, soloing raids of the yesteryear is still one of the more entertaining activities in WoW.

There's also another side to this: KJ was only roughly halfway through the portal(the Sunwell) and the avatar that had all the powers of the said Sunwell was working against him. Also, when the raid was first released, there were hints that it wasn't really even KJ, but a "twisted avatar" of his. Even then, he merely gets sucked back through the portal because Anveena gets all bitchy.

ScreamPaste
No shit.

Naked genestealker, Scream. Naked genestealers.

ScreamPaste
Naked genestealker, Scream. Naked genestealers. All genestealers are naked, boyo. The only ones that wear clothes are the hybrids that are passable for humanoids and infiltrate society.

And those are the ones who whisper untrue tyranid feats to you. You know this to be true.

NemeBro
Well yeah, hardly anything in 40K is ordinary or weak, but obviously a Plasma Weapon > Chainsword. Regardless, I think we can all agree that you don't need anything even remotely close to planet-destroying firepower to injure and kill a Carnifex, even if it's a special one like OOE. And yeah, I got that one from DoW 2.

A Plasma Weapon is hardcore, yo, not much can tank them, though actually a plasma gun is not guaranteed to wtfpwn a Carnifex. Also, planet-destroying? Big difference between that and planet-glassing.

Pft, maybe only because OOE is so damn slow and has no ranged weaponry.

Whatever that is.

I'm not seeing the part where a Lord of Change doesn't kick Kil'Jaeden's ass. 131

ArtificialGlory
A Plasma Weapon is hardcore, yo, not much can tank them, though actually a plasma gun is not guaranteed to wtfpwn a Carnifex. Also, planet-destroying? Big difference between that and planet-glassing.

Pft, maybe only because OOE is so damn slow and has no ranged weaponry.

Whatever that is.

I'm not seeing the part where a Lord of Change doesn't kick Kil'Jaeden's ass. 131

Oh yea, I meant a weapon capable of causing destruction on a planetary scale. Even so, I don't see a Carnifex surviving such a weapon(s) barring massive luck and/or very good positioning(in case of planet-glassing).

I was talking about the loathsome song used in the video. It's aural apocalypse.

I bet a fight between the two would be pretty boring as both prefer deception, subterfuge, manipulation, and illusions as their primary weapons. What is your average Lord of Change capable of anyway?

Nephthys
Getting its ass handed to it by CREED!

NemeBro
Oh yea, I meant a weapon capable of causing destruction on a planetary scale. Even so, I don't see a Carnifex surviving such a weapon(s) barring massive luck and/or very good positioning(in case of planet-glassing).

Well, it has happened. O: Actually, Terminators have survived the same, IIRC.

That song was all kinds of nonsense.

Well, along with being physically strong enough to tear a Leman Russ in half, they are sorcerers unparalleled in 40k. With a casual gesture, they can devour souls. With a similar casual gesture, they can do shit like warp and twist skyscrapers, annihilating them. They are the most powerful psykers in 40k generally, capable of destroying cities and crushing armies single-handedly. Oh, and Tzeentch lets them see into the future constantly, only a few seconds admittedly, which gives it combat-precog.

ArtificialGlory
Well, it has happened. O: Actually, Terminators have survived the same, IIRC.

That song was all kinds of nonsense.

Well, along with being physically strong enough to tear a Leman Russ in half, they are sorcerers unparalleled in 40k. With a casual gesture, they can devour souls. With a similar casual gesture, they can do shit like warp and twist skyscrapers, annihilating them. They are the most powerful psykers in 40k generally, capable of destroying cities and crushing armies single-handedly. Oh, and Tzeentch lets them see into the future constantly, only a few seconds admittedly, which gives it combat-precog.

Tween wave?

All of that sounds really awesome, but are they really the most powerful? I mean, people like Magnus the Red or Ahriman, aren't they even more powerful?

NemeBro
Tween wave?

All of that sounds really awesome, but are they really the most powerful? I mean, people like Magnus the Red or Ahriman, aren't they even more powerful? I said generally my son.

Magnus the Red is indeed more powerful. He is actually the second most powerful psyker in history, short of only the Emperor himself. Once you get to his level, you get shit like stopping time on a planetary scale.

Ahriman is harder to tell. He has some great feats though, and actually, his mastery over sorcery is said to equal that of a Lord of Change's.

Ahriman is certainly one of the most powerful mortal psykers in history, rivaled only by some Chief Librarians and some Farseers.

ArtificialGlory
Kil'jaeden is kinda feat-starved, but I'm pretty sure he'd mow down them Skeksis-things if they came to blows Happy Dance

NemeBro
Even if that's true, Magnus the Red, his 40k equivelant, would crush him completely and utterly. estahuh

Burning thought
Even if that's true, Magnus the Red, his 40k equivelant, would crush him completely and utterly. estahuh

Arguable since what passes for 40k magic seems pretty slim compared to Warcrafts spell usage. Your a fan of pure physical damage attacks which is all you seem to scale by but Killy has his whole powers that go beyond just smashing something.

Also, Blax, you're going to have to remind me what a Hydra Battery is.

Yes because size is the only indication of toughness!....

Big 4 barreled vehicle built for wrecking aircraft.

Nephthys

DA BIGGER DAY R, DA TUFFER DAY R!

ArtificialGlory
Arguable since what passes for 40k magic seems pretty slim compared to Warcrafts spell usage. Your a fan of pure physical damage attacks which is all you seem to scale by but Killy has his whole powers that go beyond just smashing something.

Big 4 barreled vehicle built for wrecking aircraft.

Sorcery in 40K can be pretty powerful. The aforementioned Ahriman, with the help of some other sorcerers, cast a very powerful spell indeed: "The actual spell unleashed was so powerful that even the Daemons of the Warp shied from it. The Planet of Sorcerers was engulfed in a storm of blue and yellow lightning, striking down every Marine on the planet. Eventually Magnus intervened and stopped the spell." Though Magnus's showings during the Battle of the Fang are pretty lackluster for such a supposedly mighty Primach Daemon Prince.

Burning thought
But what you describe there is as I said "pure physical damage" by the sounds of it, blue and yellow lightning. When I say thats what they typically have, the counter is that Killy has access to Warcraft magics such as transformations, invisability, teleportation, all pretty standard to name a few. Their magic also affects minds, allow them to travel into and out of dimensions etc.

Kiljaeden even as a basic sorceror could probably just transform Old One Eye into a rabbit.

ArtificialGlory
But what you describe there is as I said "pure physical damage" by the sounds of it, blue and yellow lightning. When I say thats what they typically have, the counter is that Killy has access to Warcraft magics such as transformations, invisability, teleportation, all pretty standard to name a few. Their magic also affects minds, allow them to travel into and out of dimensions etc.

Kiljaeden even as a basic sorceror could probably just transform Old One Eye into a rabbit.

Actually, that was more of a transformation spell. It transformed the Marines to little more than souls trapped in their Power Armour, having reduced their physical bodies to dust. At any rate, Kil'jaeden is more than capable of creaming a foolish mortal who thinks he's hot shit just cause he unleashed planet-wide destruction.

Burning thought
Has this psyker or other powerful ones shown the ability to transform others with their powers into something like an animal like polymorph? can they do things like teleport? In Eisenhorn psyker powers could allow some limited mind controlling and flight in some cases but I am not sure it can go as deep as Warcraft magic in general.

ArtificialGlory
Has this psyker or other powerful ones shown the ability to transform others with their powers into something like an animal like polymorph? can they do things like teleport? In Eisenhorn psyker powers could allow some limited mind controlling and flight in some cases but I am not sure it can go as deep as Warcraft magic in general.

I am not really sure. It's said that Lords of Change, for example, can twist and warp flesh and metal alike, turn "scores of men into boneless spawn" with a flick of their fingers. Yea, teleportation is possible in 40K. I'm pretty sure that Chaos Sorcerers can teleport around.

Burning thought
Not sure why I asked about the teleport, being a DoW player I know they can teleport.

ArtificialGlory
Not sure why I asked about the teleport, being a DoW player I know they can teleport.

Hehe, yep.

NemeBro
ArtificialGlory, you have to remember that Magnus didn't fully manifest in Battle of the Fang.

Magnus could stop all time on a planet with a thought. With a glance he could turn Kil'Jaeden's blood into corrosive acid, or blast his mind or soul into nothingness. These are things he can do casually and without effort.

You have a very limited understanding of 40k as a setting. Psychic powers in 40k are capable of a great deal of feats.

Odd that you would take this position in defending SupCom, whose only advantage seems to be the size of the machines. mmm

Yes, I picked up on that.

Burning thought

Magnus could stop all time on a planet with a thought. With a glance he could turn Kil'Jaeden's blood into corrosive acid, or blast his mind or soul into nothingness. These are things he can do casually and without effort.

You have a very limited understanding of 40k as a setting. Psychic powers in 40k are capable of a great deal of feats.

Odd that you would take this position in defending SupCom, whose only advantage seems to be the size of the machines. mmm

Thats not evident just because I dont know Magnus' power set, I just dont know Magnus or the Primarchs in general that well although with a gesture I could say similiar things about Kiljeaden not that I have seen evidence of Magnus doing this.

I never said the SupCom units were tough although a larger projectile fired at higher speeds does typically give more power wihch also implies toughness.

NemeBro
Thats not evident just because I dont know Magnus' power set, I just dont know Magnus or the Primarchs in general that well although with a gesture I could say similiar things about Kiljeaden not that I have seen evidence of Magnus doing this.

You were speaking of psykers in general, not just Magnus and the Primarchs.

Psykers are capable of a great many things in 40k. Transmutation is indeed possible. Actually, an Ork psyker, Zogwort, is famous for his use of a power that turns enemies into Squigs. Magnus could transmute a sea into corrosive acid. Oh, and he could kill entire hordes of Space Wolves by looking at them. As in, he looked at them, and all who met his gaze died.

What really cements Magnus' power though is the fact that he can replicate the Emperor's feat of restraining the forces of Chaos from entering the Materium with his raw psychic might. Magnus was actually the Emperor's first choice for doing this, he is only doing it because Magnus turned traitor.

Of course.

But when I asked for teh feats in threads involving SupCom, all I got was the size of the machines, which gives me a very rough idea of what I'm working with.

ArtificialGlory
ArtificialGlory, you have to remember that Magnus didn't fully manifest in Battle of the Fang.

Yes, I picked up on that.

He didn't? Has Magnus ever fully manifested on a battlefield as a Daemon Prince?

Well, Kil'jaeden could do all that to a dude with just as little effort except the time stopping(though the now-obsolete RPG books list KJ as being able to stop time). KJ's blood is already a vile, burning, poisonous liquid and he may not even have a soul anymore, and in Warcraft, having your soul destroyed is not the end of the world.

I've never doubted the ability of psychic powers in Warhammer. After all, Warcraft was quite heavily inspired by WH/40K.

Burning thought
You were speaking of psykers in general, not just Magnus and the Primarchs.

Psykers are capable of a great many things in 40k. Transmutation is indeed possible. Actually, an Ork psyker, Zogwort, is famous for his use of a power that turns enemies into Squigs. Magnus could transmute a sea into corrosive acid. Oh, and he could kill entire hordes of Space Wolves by looking at them. As in, he looked at them, and all who met his gaze died.

What really cements Magnus' power though is the fact that he can replicate the Emperor's feat of restraining the forces of Chaos from entering the Materium with his raw psychic might. Magnus was actually the Emperor's first choice for doing this, he is only doing it because Magnus turned traitor.

Of course.

But when I asked for teh feats in threads involving SupCom, all I got was the size of the machines, which gives me a very rough idea of what I'm working with.

Fair enough on all that. If its not in Eisenhorn or the Ultramarines stuff I would not know about it, also would you be able to give the a book or two (names of these books) that best describe all the primarchs, their origins and overall the Horsus heresy?

Well thats because thats all they have, big guns vs big machines and vice versa, the game does not as I say have much description or information to tell us whats happening. Even the names of the weapons are pretty hard to judge apart from "nuclear bomb" but saying x can survive nuke is useless since it would only be in gameplay, not sure its happened in a cutscene.

NemeBro
He didn't? Has Magnus ever fully manifested on a battlefield as a Daemon Prince?

To my knowledge, no.

It takes an incredible amount of power for a Daemon Primarch to manifest completely.

The only ones who have as far as I know are Angron (And even he had to constantly shed blood and sacrifice people to maintain his hold on the materium), and Mortarion, who showed up briefly to get beaten up by Kaldor Draigo.

Huh, did not know KJ's blood was already corrosive. And my son, Magnus could do that shit to Spehss Mehreens, who are moar resistant to psychic powers and the Warp in general (Said explicitly in Black Crusade).

Oh, and of course he could destroy Titans (Ones that dwarf Warlord Titans) with his mind, and still have enough power to effortlessly crush a Greater Daemon in the Warp. Compare this to Cherubael from Eisenhorn, who used up most of his power to destroy a Warlord Titan, while he was in his strongest form.

This is all on top of Primarch physical attributes mind you, who can do shit like destroy mountains physically and survive plummeting through the crust and mantle of a planet to the core as an infant. Magnus is actually one of the most physically powerful Primarchs, matching Leman Russ in martial combat, while also being a giant even among the Primarchs (Who average at a little over ten feet tall).

I never said you did. O:

Only said BT was.

Yeah, I've heard Warhammer Fantasy was a pretty big inspiration for Warcraft.

NemeBro
Fair enough on all that. If its not in Eisenhorn or the Ultramarines stuff I would not know about it, also would you be able to give the a book or two (names of these books) that best describe all the primarchs, their origins and overall the Horsus heresy?

It's no big deal. I haven't read Ultramarines, but Eisenhorn has a few decent feats as well, though more limited, compared to Magnus. That is actually canon in 40k, most psykers have a "specialty" that they mostly stick to. For instance, Eisenhorn was a fairly capable telepath. So I can at least see why you would perceive psychic powers in 40k as fairly limited, only a few strong psykers can manage using multiple specialties at a time, with Magnus and the Emperor being powerful in all forms of psychic abilities.

Well, the Horus Heresy series in general is a good place to start. A Thousand Sons is the book that most heavily features the Thousand Sons.

For the actual origins of several Primarchs, if you want I could PM you a download of "Index Astartes," which details a few facts of the different Primarchs' lives.

Eh, I see.

Will drop all SupCom discussions, then, since if the verse is really so vague, then there's no real point in debating for or against it, IMO.

Burning thought
I guess the Horus heresy series would be a good start, also it seems Magnus is in a league of his own as far as Primarchs are concerned if hes a massive, high close combat skilled super Psyker. Its like youve got the Emperor, the Ctan and perhaps the Chaos Gods themselves then you reach Magnus at the top of the more "mortal" entities before reaching a huge gap beneath which you have other primarchs and finally Deamon princes and such.

Do you think Magnus himself could hold a candle to the Emperor?

NemeBro
I guess the Horus heresy series would be a good start, also it seems Magnus is in a league of his own as far as Primarchs are concerned if hes a massive, high close combat skilled super Psyker. Its like youve got the Emperor, the Ctan and perhaps the Chaos Gods themselves then you reach Magnus at the top of the more "mortal" entities before reaching a huge gap beneath which you have other primarchs and finally Deamon princes and such.

Do you think Magnus himself could hold a candle to the Emperor?

Well, he's skilled and strong, but not the best in either of these categories. Angron, Sanguinius, and Horus are definitely more skilled combatants, and Vulkan and Ferrus Manus are physically even stronger.

He does however have the overwhelming advantage of being an enormously powerful psyker on top of his other attributes.

Magnus against the Emperor? It is difficult to say. He would lose, Magnus himself admits that the Emperor was psychically more powerful than he was. Hm. Will go with no, the Emperor, on top of being physically at least a match in combat with any Primarch, had the psychic might to actually devastate the Realm of Chaos and actually defeated Horus who had the massed power of all four Chaos Gods. Magnus is powerful, but not to that extent.

ArtificialGlory
To my knowledge, no.

It takes an incredible amount of power for a Daemon Primarch to manifest completely.

The only ones who have as far as I know are Angron (And even he had to constantly shed blood and sacrifice people to maintain his hold on the materium), and Mortarion, who showed up briefly to get beaten up by Kaldor Draigo.

Huh, did not know KJ's blood was already corrosive. And my son, Magnus could do that shit to Spehss Mehreens, who are moar resistant to psychic powers and the Warp in general (Said explicitly in Black Crusade).

Oh, and of course he could destroy Titans (Ones that dwarf Warlord Titans) with his mind, and still have enough power to effortlessly crush a Greater Daemon in the Warp. Compare this to Cherubael from Eisenhorn, who used up most of his power to destroy a Warlord Titan, while he was in his strongest form.

This is all on top of Primarch physical attributes mind you, who can do shit like destroy mountains physically and survive plummeting through the crust and mantle of a planet to the core as an infant. Magnus is actually one of the most physically powerful Primarchs, matching Leman Russ in martial combat, while also being a giant even among the Primarchs (Who average at a little over ten feet tall).

So they've in a sense become victims of their own success? Kinda lame having all that awesome power and not being able to flaunt it outside of the Warp.

Well, there's nary an ordinary guy in Warcraft. Virtually everyone is wearing armour/gear that's magically enchanted and made of all sorts of exotic materials. Beings on KJ's level are usually really good at piercing and negating resistances.

NemeBro
So they've in a sense become victims of their own success? Kinda lame having all that awesome power and not being able to flaunt it outside of the Warp.

Kinda.

People tend to forget that much of the time, the Daemon Primarchs are leading huge armies in the Warp, fighting grand battles for their gods.

The citizens and shit get that kind of stuff?

ArtificialGlory
Kinda.

People tend to forget that much of the time, the Daemon Primarchs are leading huge armies in the Warp, fighting grand battles for their gods.

The citizens and shit get that kind of stuff?

I thought they just sit around planning, meditating, jerking off, etc.

Maybe not your ordinary citizen going about his/her daily business, but basically anyone who goes out to fight. Using plain iron or steel armour and weapons against something like the Burning Legion or the Scourge is no better than throwing yourself into a massive woodchipper.

NemeBro
I thought they just sit around planning, meditating, jerking off, etc.

Perturabo is the only one who just does that.

Why is that? O:

Burning thought
Perturabos iron warriors love to just fight huge wars against themselves anyway.

ArtificialGlory
Perturabo is the only one who just does that.

Why is that? O:

He must be a very lonely guy.

Cause you'd get massacred.

Burning thought
Like kim jong il, hes so wonely!

Ofc, he wont be after Killy tears his arms off.

NemeBro
He must be a very lonely guy.

Cause you'd get massacred.

Not really. Perturabo was more of a strategist, he didn't have to take to the field of battle as often as his brothers.

Nah. I'd kick their asses.

ArtificialGlory
Like kim jong il, hes so wonely!

Ofc, he wont be after Killy tears his arms off.

laughing You mean Kim Jong Il or Perturabo?

Burning thought
Perturabo, clearly killy could never face down Kim and live....

NemeBro
Perturabo wouldn't even need to fight Kil'Jaeden to kill him.

Perturabo would troll him to an extent that Killy would kill himself, unable to compete with the greatest mortal troll in 40k.

ArtificialGlory
Perturabo, clearly killy could never face down Kim and live....

No one short of the Emperor or Sargeras is a match for Kim's high heel shoes of doom.

ArtificialGlory
Perturabo wouldn't even need to fight Kil'Jaeden to kill him.

Perturabo would troll him to an extent that Killy would kill himself, unable to compete with the greatest mortal troll in 40k.

Is it the way he trolled Rogal Dorn? And I always thought that the greatest troll in 40K was either the Emperah or Tzeentch.

NemeBro
Is it the way he trolled Rogal Dorn? And I always thought that the greatest troll in 40K was either the Emperah or Tzeentch.

He trolled Dorn like a professional.

Dorn: ALL RIGHT PERTURABO YOU SLIMEY GIT COME OUT SO I CAN KICK YOUR A- wait a minute where is everybody?

Perturabo: *Trollface*

He also trolled Lion El'Jonson.

And I said mortal troll, otherwise Tzeentch, the Deceiver, and Cegorach are the reigning champions.

The Emperor not so much. He's a corpse on a chair.

ArtificialGlory
He trolled Dorn like a professional.

Dorn: ALL RIGHT PERTURABO YOU SLIMEY GIT COME OUT SO I CAN KICK YOUR A- wait a minute where is everybody?

Perturabo: *Trollface*

He also trolled Lion El'Jonson.

And I said mortal troll, otherwise Tzeentch, the Deceiver, and Cegorach are the reigning champions.

The Emperor not so much. He's a corpse on a chair.

Did he publicly call out Lion El'Jonson on his sexuality?

NemeBro
Nah.

He just got him to give him some Nova Cannons to use at Istvaan V against the traitors.

And proceeded to use them to decimate the loyalists.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.