Paranormal Activity 3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Korto Vos
Trailer

Thoughts?

6.7/10 currently on IMDb

59/100 currently on Metacritic

72% (74% Audience) on Rotten Tomatoes

siriuswriter
Part of me wants to say, "enough is enough," but the way they've been doing prequels instead of sequels is intriguing, like playing who was possessed first? It's the style of "Memento" but using movies instead of scenes. So I'll probably watch it just for that reason - I want to know how it fits in with the other two.

Nephthys
Spoony really liked this movie.

TheMagicPillow
Originally posted by siriuswriter
Part of me wants to say, "enough is enough," but the way they've been doing prequels instead of sequels is intriguing, like playing who was possessed first? It's the style of "Memento" but using movies instead of scenes. So I'll probably watch it just for that reason - I want to know how it fits in with the other two.

I saw it last night and i have to say i think it ties into the other two movies really well (at least as much as a prequel, where none of the events of the first two have happened yet, can). I would say it was the scariest out of all 3 and definitely the creepiest.

If you go see it expect to have the loudest audience ever. Which in this case was pretty damn funny.

The Nuul
POS series, the first one was a joke......

Sadako of Girth
Opinions very much differ on that, Nuul.

You have to immerse yourself in the movies.
If you sit their trying to make a joke of anything, it can be done.
So are too scared to be scared.

Your imagination also helps amp things up too usually with these movies, very Hitchcockian....and this delivers horrific scares on top of that.
Its true also, that ff you live alone its the kind of movie that f**ks with you for hours after seeing it.

Just saw it last night.
It was pant browningly worthy, with some genuinely unforgettable
moments of terror and jump inducing shocks.

Definitely highlights:

The fu**ing sheet in the kitchen...!!
The OTHER kitchen bit...!!
The use of the 'fan/cam'.
"Tobey's" 'Bloody mary' bathroom tantrum.
Grandma's house.
The use of symbols to tie the movie in with the others..
(The symbols match those on the basement door in PA2,
And the Ouija board in PA1, along with the the necklace that went missing in PA2)
That pot smoking milf.

Very unsettling indeed with some real shit yer pants scares in it.. Really liked it.
Glad that they have a policy of showing different footage in trailers than what is in the movies, as i'm sick of having scares ruined for me before they happen.

Adds more plot/backstory without a doubt.

Roll on PA4....

Robtard
Watched it last night as well, while it had eerie moments, these types of Blair Witch films don't do it for me. I might check out the first two just to see the full story.

Friends next to me jumped a few times so it seems to have done it's job of delivering what it intended.

The scene at the end when the James Franco looking dude opens the door and there's a crowd of geriatrics starring back at him, that was ****ing creepy.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Robtard
Watched it last night as well, while it had eerie moments, these types of Blair Witch films don't do it for me. I might check out the first two just to see the full story.

Friends next to me jumped a few times so it seems to have done it's job of delivering what it intended.

The scene at the end when the James Franco looking dude opens the door and there's a crowd of geriatrics starring back at him, that was ****ing creepy.

Yeah mate... they were a spooky ass group of non-bingo players indeed. Even when he locked the door behind him and looked at em advancing they had the feeling of imminent doom for the viewer. Nicely done. The 1st two paired with this would definitely have a thing for you where they add to each other storywise. There are some nice moments in there too.

Sadako of Girth
Nh3YV_SYDw0

Korto Vos
Jeez....I just came back from watching it. Holy crap, that was pretty scary. I thought it would be a rehash of the first one (I didn't see PA2), but wow, it was definitely frightening.

Perhaps in the morning I'll actually discuss the film hehehe

Sadako of Girth
Oh you gotta watch 2 now....a lot of three will make more sense then...

jinXed by JaNx
Thought the first one was ok. I thoroughly enjoyed the second one. I thought it was much better than the first and am on the fence with the third. I think it falls somewhere between the first two but still think its a damn decent sequel. Much better than the redundancy i expected.

Korto Vos
I am thoroughly disappointed scenes from the trailer weren't included in the film. I understand that they wanted to surprise the audience, and I'll admit that this was a brilliant ploy. However, the scenes in the trailer were scarier IMO, and that's why it was a bit of a fail. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the film.

"Damn decent sequel" indeed!

Sadako of Girth
I think the 'Bloody Mary' bit was scarier in the trailer. But it didn't make sense with the story.
Other bits may be in PA4....such as the house burning down etc etc

WanderingDroid
Why would you care the rating and criticism for a movie? Can't you do that on your own or something? You need help to think?

Anywhoo....well, come on folks!

This movie franchise is practically walking into one of those Spooky Houses at a Carnvial and get scream and get a surprise...what else do you expect?

So what's the big difference? You seen 1 2 or 3 Paranormal Activity make no difference. As I said before you walk into a theme park Spooky House expect a surprise...Paranormal Activity is just a Big Theme Park Spooky House on the screen.

Anyways, I'm done with these pretentious online clowns claiming I'M NOT SCARE! FU who cares whether you get scare or not.

Yames
I haven't seen the 2nd film. The first one creeped me out - big time, but I never got around to seeing the 2nd - no one would go see it with me. Should I catch the 2nd one before I see the 3rd?

Impediment
WD, I don't know why you're resorting to such juvenile posting patterns, but you need to stop. That is totally uncalled for. I expected better from you, to be honest. Any more like that and it's a warning.

Having said that, Paranormal Activity was one of the most overhyped films of all time. The only decent part of the film was the bed drag scene. Other than that, it was incredibly boring to me.

I have no interest in seeing PA 2 or 3, to be honest.

Esau Cairn
Y'know I may sound like a pussy but the PA movies scare the hell outta me.

I can deal with horror/slasher movies, ghosts, demons & ghoulies but the scare tactics in the PA series takes me back to basic, primal childhood fears. Fears of the dark, fears of the unknown, fears of being by yourself at night.

I have too many memories of incidents in my childhood that looking back would verge on paranormal activities that I can't explain to this day.

Sadako of Girth
Its not to do with being a pussy. Its to do with imagination and your ability to submerge yourself into the character's situation.

Pure psychological terror.

The genre delivers way more than generic slashers for me.

quanchi112
Saw it last night. Yeah, I am over this idea. It takes too long and I got bored and then expected more out of the final scene. I also predicted who was behind it during the final scene to those I went and saw the movie with.

Kelly_Bean
This is the only one of the PA movies I have seen but the preview really caught my attention one night when I was going to the movie theater to see another movie, even though I've heard bad personal reviews about the previous two movies. I just went and saw it last night and I must say I was impressed and was actually frightened in more than one part during the movie! I'm not easily scared by movies but this movie definitely gave me the creeps to the point that I was even paranoid coming home in the dark last night, lol!

Sadako of Girth
Good for you! Thats the effect of a good creeper/psyche job movie...when you take tat feeling of ominous dread home wit'cha...

Mairuzu
I was one of those people that hated on this movie without seeing it based off the fail that was "Blaire witch"

I watched the first one and thought, okay well... that was alright.. nothing too scary about it but it had its creepy moments. Plus side, the main girl had big boobs. (Thank god for it being on instaFlix)

To my surprise even the second one is on instaFlix. Watched it the next day. Really slow and similar to the first one in the beginning but then it ended pretty well. I started enjoying it up to the point when the dog got its ass beat and the woman dragged into the basement.

Now im eager to watch the third. I'm a pretty avid horror movie watcher and none of them seem to give me a scare and I would have never thought that these types of movies could make me grab the edge of my seat.

I could say that these movies are my guilty pleasure. I want to hurry up and watch the 3rd on in theaters since watching movies in theater is usually better (depending on the audience)

Mairuzu
I was also pretty ****ing blown when watching this movie. I was alone in my house and it was dark out now that its been getting dark at 5:30.

I heard a knock on my backdoor and it freaked me the **** out. Paranoia and the Paranormal go hand in hand it seems. I was ****in crawling on the floor thinking oh shit oh shit who is it.

No one was there. ****kkkkkk.

I wanted to grab the roach that was left from the blunt I had shared with my cousin. It was in the garage but I swear whatever was knocking outside was still out there waiting. I ****ing KNOW IT so i said **** that.

About an hour later i again said **** that and went after the roach. I ****in BOOKED it to the garage and started panicing cause I didnt remember where it was

stoned

But i found it. ****in ran right back inside and locked the door. Finished it off with some futurama to take away the scaries. **** man.

RE: Blaxican
No wonder the pothead always dies in horror movies. Jesus Christ, man. You were totally helpless.

Mairuzu
Man... The only pot head that died was in freddy vs jason. At least from what I can remember.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.