Zombies: Walkers VS Runners

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darkriddle

darkriddle

the ninjak
Cool thread darkriddle you should have a go at this versus fight I made.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f102/t556514.html

Romero Zombies do have a degree of intelligence after a while and as shown in the films do begin coordinate themselves. Romero zombies also learn to walk underwater and so do Fulci Zombies from the film ''Zombie".

Running zombies will always be better if they retain the same undead qualities. Meaning they'll never starve and can only be destroyed via head wound. 28 days zombies were infected people who died after a shot in the chest.

You have to look at the zombies individualy in their respective films. Some walking zombies in films stomp most runners.

Best Walking Zombies. Lucio Fulci's City of the Living Dead.
Best Running Zombies. Return of the Living Dead series.

darkriddle
What do you think about the scare factor of the two types?

I had a friend, who is much younger than me, say that the slower ghouls aren't scary anymore. I disagree. But had quite a few teenagers say the same. Do you think that most of the new generation think runners are scarier?

the ninjak
Scare Factor between generic Romero Zombies and their running counterparts?

Obviously the fast because of their initial threat.

But it depends on the movie.

Esau Cairn
Regardless of which makes better suspense or horror between Walkers & Runners, one thing I always find odd in zombie films is the lack of realism that rotting flesh not only reeks but spreads pestilence too.

Survivors would be gagging at the stench of rotting dead bodies whether it be humans or zombies alike. Flies & maggots would be everywhere spreading disease. Zombies wouldn't be able to "creep" up on you as you'd smell them first.

Oxygen/gas masks would just be as important as carrying a weapon.

GRIMNIR
old school slow walking zombies are the best

i hate the whole idea of running zombies aimed at ADHD MTV generation of wankers

darkriddle
What "Esau Cairn" said is probably quite true, the sheer putrification of the zombie body would make them smell incredibly strong and it would also exude poisonous gases, just as decomposing bodies do in reality.

When the WW2 holocaust and even the more recent Rwanda genocide occured, it was reported that the horrific and hazardous stench of thousands of bodies could be smelled many miles away.

If this is true, "billions" of dead corspes walking around, would make the layer of air near the ground in certain cities un-breathable, or nearly so.

I would think that there would be some kind of natural "mummification" method that partially stops the ghouls' decomposition after its flesh and organs dried out.

But who knows, its fiction...right? LOL.

MrBlue1991
I think runners would most likely take over but the walkers are sneaky as hell i notice in every zombie movie i watch with walking zombies they used the surroundings like hiding in closets elevators or sneaking up behind you and they can be really quiet and to me they are smarter than the runners while runners do force people to run at they best speed therefore after a while forcing you to try and keep running even when you are tired out but eventually you will fall over or slow down and guns only slow zombies down for a moment but i dont think it would be a enough for you to catch your breath unless you try to run and gun but again thats kinda pointless if you are tired out or dont have good aim you might as well shoot yourself lol i would rather have walkers but thats how i see it and these days lets face it there are alot of people that are not team players and will not hesitate to sell you out lol to me thats realistic with walkers i think it would be easier

JediRouge
I prefer the slow movers more, living rate for man kind is higher..
for the infected ones in movies like 28 w/e I can see mankind dead under a year.

the ninjak
Originally posted by JediRouge
I prefer the slow movers more, living rate for man kind is higher..
for the infected ones in movies like 28 w/e I can see mankind dead under a year.

Well the infected in 28 Days Later eventually would starve out wouldn't they? They weren't really dead.

JediRouge
True, but we would have to really stock up on food...

If they were slow, then I would do my best to kill as
many as I could.

If they were fast, then I would be like.... screw it. lol

COG Veteran
I heard that a company is gonna do a remake of the Day of the Dead. The thing is that they're still gonna use the walkers instead of runners, try to stick closer to the original.

JediRouge
Thank gawd...lol

the ninjak
Did any of you see the recent Day of the Dead?
They actually speed crawled along ceilings and tore peoples guts out below. laughing out loud

JediRouge
Yeah, it looked more demonic possession than zombies- ex. Rec 1 & 2

zeeshanaayan07
Woow Brilliant I appreciate your thinking

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.