Ed Norton's Hulk vs. Nuke-charged Sebastian Shaw (XMFC)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Silent Hero
General Ross recruits Sebastian Shaw, who has miraculously survived the events of X-Men First Class and is now working for the United States Army, trying to corrupt them from within. He brings Shaw along for the ride when they confront the Hulk at Culver University.

"Blonsky! You're up!" General Ross roars.

Blonsky hurries forward with a swagger in his step, and after a brief engagement he taunts, "Is that all you got?" *Slams into tree*

"Dammit," Ross mutters, "Shaw, YOU'RE UP!"

Shaws strides confidently towards the Hulk, who assumes he is but a mere man and, insulted at the pathetic opposition sent against him so far, punches Shaw with all the strength he can muster.

Shaw is thrown back slightly, but gets up again. Hulk, enraged, hits him again.

"I got the power to absorb energy!" Shaw crows, full of confidence, teeming with the energy of a 20kt nuclear bomb + 2 Hulk punches. "The fun stuff is what I can do with it once I've got it", and with these fighting words he takes a running start at Hulk, who charges back at him, and the two prepare to throw down.

Who wins??

Placidity
Shaw wouldn't be thrown back as you described.

How can Hulk hurt Shaw? He'll just absorb the punches and become stronger for it. Its just a matter of time before he is strong enough to man-handle Hulk and maybe give him the treatment he gave Darwin.

BTW, Shaw's strength level after "Nuke-Charged" is probably already stronger than the Hulk. We see Magneto moving that huge satellite dish from miles away, and then later holding up the submarine. Yet despite these feats, was no match for Shaw in a battle of telekinesis vs strength.

The Silent Hero
Originally posted by Placidity
Shaw wouldn't be thrown back as you described.
I'm just going by when Magneto punched him, jostled him around with metal girders, etc. he was physically moved even if he wasn't hurt.

the ninjak
The thing about Shaw in Xmen - First Class is all of his absorbtion feats occured when he was aware of the damage he was about to receive.

1. He knew the grenade was in the generals hands and held it. Containing the blast and absorbing it. Pushed it into the general and disintegrated him.

2. He saw Havok shoot his energy blades at him so he caught and absorbed them. Used the energy to disintegrate Darwin.

3. In the Sub he walked forward while Magneto pushed metal beams into him and he casually walked through them.

BUT!

1. Magneto punched Shaw in the face in the sub and he reeled from it. He didn't expect it.

2. When Xavier took over Shaw's mind. Magneto was free to push a coin through his skull.

Meaning Shaw's absorption ability isn't automatic. If Shaw can receive damage from all corners + wide burst attacks he will eventually get overwhelmed.

Will thunderclaps and ground stomps be enough to keep Shaw in the air and eventually put him down? I don't know.
Can Hulk grab Shaw in mid air with his huge huge and just stretch or squeeze???

That method avoids the whole kinetic problem.

Hulk has so many options.

Sadako of Girth
Good thread idea!

Sadako of Girth
What if Hulk throws Shaw into high altitude or orbit..?

'Cause my money would be on Hulk victory.

Robtard
Originally posted by the ninjak
The thing about Shaw in Xmen - First Class is all of his absorbtion feats occured when he was aware of the damage he was about to receive.

1. He knew the grenade was in the generals hands and held it. Containing the blast and absorbing it. Pushed it into the general and disintegrated him.

2. He saw Havok shoot his energy blades at him so he caught and absorbed them. Used the energy to disintegrate Darwin.

3. In the Sub he walked forward while Magneto pushed metal beams into him and he casually walked through them.

BUT!

1. Magneto punched Shaw in the face in the sub and he reeled from it. He didn't expect it.

2. When Xavier took over Shaw's mind. Magneto was free to push a coin through his skull.

Meaning Shaw's absorption ability isn't automatic. If Shaw can receive damage from all corners + wide burst attacks he will eventually get overwhelmed.

Will thunderclaps and ground stomps be enough to keep Shaw in the air and eventually put him down? I don't know.
Can Hulk grab Shaw in mid air with his huge huge and just stretch or squeeze???

That method avoids the whole kinetic problem.

Hulk has so many options.

I tend to agree, Shaw has to actively be using his powers, eg if you punched him while he was sleeping, he'd be hurt.

There was the scene where he was surrounded by gunmen and absorbed all the rounds; including an rpg though, so I'm not sure if he necessarily has to see the attacker, but just be aware.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
What if Hulk throws Shaw into high altitude or orbit..?

'Cause my money would be on Hulk victory.

Exactly create non-kinetic based attacks and throw, crush or suffocate him.

Problem is Shaw is energized pretty good in this fight.

What effect do you think Shaw's desintergration ability would have on Hulk?

KingD19
Norton Hulk's healing factor was pretty weak compared to Ang Lee's.....a big enough charge and he'd kick the bucket. Although, if he can get some combat acrobatics in and choke Shaw out in a similar manner to what he did to Abomination, or crush him before his head gets pulped, he takes a few.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.