Green Lantern VS The Gorgon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wildernesss
Green Lantern VS The Gorgon

No prep/bfr. GL is Hal & he knows about gorgon's powers. gorgon has his current sword & teleportation device.

who wins?

JakeTheBank
How does Gorgon even begin to attempt to win this?

wildernesss
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
How does Gorgon even begin to attempt to win this?

i dunno, can't he teleport endlessly to avoid defeat? especially with his tp? can hal's shields resist gorgon's sword?

whatever though, i think hal wins a majority. i'm not sure by how much though.

vansonbee
Gorgon best feat was killing a demi-god, but we don't know how durable that god was.

I will say that Gorgon can win, by turning them to stone. Maybe teleport inside their bubble and slash them, unless the bubble is uunpenetrateable.

Bentley
Gorgon can't win. He dies. Hard.

wildernesss
ya, hal should take a majority; however, i'm still not sure what hal can do considering the gorgon's reflexes, tp, & teleporter make any long distance attack next to impossible. close combat doesn't seem like it would work either considering hal would likely be turned to stone.

Bentley
Stop time, make an expanding field of sharpnel, electrically charge the field, build one gazillion copies of himself that search for Gorgon automatically, magnetize the sword and make the user kill himself with it.

The one who can't do squat to Hal is Gorgon.

wildernesss
Originally posted by Bentley
Stop time, make an expanding field of sharpnel, electrically charge the field, build one gazillion copies of himself that search for Gorgon automatically, magnetize the sword and make the user kill himself with it.

The one who can't do squat to Hal is Gorgon.

other than stopping time, gorgon's tp & teleporter would probably preclude the rest of those options from being viable in most cases; the gorgon reacts at the speed of thought iirc...he has caught speedsters with little effort. likewise, it seems likely he would effortlessly teleport out of the way of your latter suggestions before hal's brain has even sent a signal to the body to convert thought into action. I just don't see it happening.

as for stopping time. scans please? this would essentially make him the most powerful being in dc below skyfathers, abstracts, etc. and iirc, this isn't the case, as hal is routinely (and even recently) has trouble with or is outright defeated by foes far below the gorgon's level.

-Pr-
The ring can be set to auto-attack targets moving faster than the user can react to, so i don't see gorgon's reflexes being a problem.

besides, thinking to the ring "catch gorgon using giant hand" is all that's really required, i'd say; the ring can do the rest, and it is fast enough in and of itself.

Bentley
Hal could also block his TP and use a EMP blast to destroy his teleportation device. Seriously, the versatility difference is so much it isnt even funny.

Read Hal's respect thread for more scans.

Parmaniac
I wonder if the shields protect Hal from the stone stare.

Bentley
They can, but I don't know if the autodefenses would react to it.

Lord Feron
Stone stare or ridiculous stomp for Hal lol. But batman even in post reboot proved that he can steal the ring rather easily. But doubt Hal would let someone like gorgon wielding a sword that close.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.