Asgard invades OA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

"Id"
Can the Asgardians smite their adversary, and claim the OA as its prize?

This OA and its Corp. As seen is Sintestro Corp/Green Lantern Corp War.

Cogito
Odin is involved? What about the Destroyer? The Guardians? Is there an Ion?

Bentley
Is Kang involved?

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Cogito
Odin is involved? What about the Destroyer? The Guardians? Is there an Ion?

He didnt state any limitations on either side in the OP, thus we assume full potential for both sides (although I suppose that Oa is limited to how it was during the event referenced in the OP)...

In this case I believe Asgard wins; 2000ft Asgardian Destroyer mode and its game over for Oa...

Gecko4lif
Eww Fail Ion

Asgard wins

cdtm
If Asgard gets to call in all it's allys....

Atum counts. He's been friendly with Thor. Tiwuz, the retired ruler of Asgard, too. Than there's the Destroyer armor..

Not looking too good for Oa.

Parmaniac
Asgard, OA isn't what it used to be, Guardians gotten weak and Ion is a joke. So we have 7200 Lanterns most of them are fodder, while Asgard has Odin who probably soloes here.

cdtm
I think all 7200 GL's could take Odin.

I mean, half of that beat a sentient sector of space, and even less made a bubble that contained a galaxy destroying bomb in Sinestro Corp War.

Having to face Destroyer armor and possibly two other skyfather level beings means they're screwed though..

quanchi112
Asgard wins.

Digi
My gut says the Corps, but a battle of this magnitude is pretty hard to accurately handicap.

Originally posted by Bentley
Is Kang involved?

laughing out loud

Cogito
Regular asgardians are useless here. This is just Odin + Destroyer + Thor vs. 7200 Lanterns + Guardians. Honestly with the Lanterns and Guardians at current power levels I'm not sure how they're going to take down the Destroyer, but I also don't see Odin winning against such numbers

JakeTheBank
Eh, Asgard has seen better days, as has Oa.

If this is Asgard in its prime, then the Realm Eternal has a decent shot.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Cogito
Regular asgardians are useless here.

Completely disagree; their spiritual force is extremely useful here...

2000ft Destroyer mode with all of Asgard empowering it; game over Oa...

OneDumbG0
Seriously, guys?

Oa takes it. 7200 GLs + jobber Guardians + Ion Sodam Yat + Mogo vs. Odin + Thor + Heimdall + Warriors Three + jobber Asgardians? Maybe if this is the featless "War Machine Asgard" that Odin was going to unleash on Earth... but... yea.

I don't doubt Odin could run through hundreds if not thousands of GLs, same with the Destroyer Armor. But it's too much.

TheLordofMurder
@ODG

What is Oa combined going to do to the 2000ft Destroyer except be annihilated?

JakeTheBank
I, for one, don't like Current Asgard's chances at all.

Classic Asgard with Loki, Karnilla, Amora, Hela, etc. is a better fight. I also don't see Odin going insta-2000ft Destroyer on Oa, either.

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
@ODG

What is Oa combined going to do to the 2000ft Destroyer except be annihilated?
Open the face plate and piss in it

OneDumbG0
@ODG

What is Oa combined going to do to the 2000ft Destroyer except be annihilated? That 2000 ft Destroyer was Odin + essences of several other Skyfathers and Asgard in it.

While undoubtedly powerful, that version ain't showing up here. This isn't Asgard + other Marvel Earth pantheon Skyfathers vs. Oa.

It's just Asgard vs. Oa.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Open the face plate and piss in it The gl's don't have the nards for such a ballsy attack.

TheLordofMurder
@ODG

No...the 2000ft Destroyer was just Odin+Asgard-Thor.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by quanchi112
The gl's don't have the nards for such a ballsy attack.

Guy does.

Uriel005
^ Guy Gardner does

OneDumbG0
@ODG

No...the 2000ft Destroyer was just Odin+Asgard-Thor. mhmm

mmm

You might be right. Then again, if you're using the sum total of all of Asgard's power focused into one being, then what's stopping the Guardians and Corps from imbuing Kyle Rayner or Sodam Yat with the full power of the Central Power Battery and becoming classic Ion?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
mhmm

mmm

You might be right. Then again, if you're using the sum total of all of Asgard's power focused into one being, than what's stopping the Guardians and Corps from imbuing Kyle Rayner or Sodam Yat with the full power of the Central Power Battery and becoming classic Ion?

They'd pick Guy to be the new Ion.

OneDumbG0
^ Guy doesn't need a downgrade.

TheLordofMurder
mhmm

mmm

You might be right. Then again, if you're using the sum total of all of Asgard's power focused into one being, than what's stopping the Guardians and Corps from imbuing Kyle Rayner or Sodam Yat with the full power of the Central Power Battery and becoming classic Ion?

Nothing at all; they could form Classic Ion...

I once gave Classic Ion some thought on his power level and concluded that it would fall somewhere around that of a High Elder God or Low Cube Being; this is the same range I'd give to the 2000ft Destroyer...

Except I believe the Destroyer would have better damage soak than Classic Ion...

Thats why I believe Asgard wins...

JakeTheBank
^ But Asgard needs Guy to be downgraded.

OneDumbG0

I once gave Classic Ion some thought on his power level and concluded that it would fall somewhere around that of a High Elder God or Low Cube Being; this is the same range I'd give to the 2000ft Destroyer...

Except I believe the Destroyer would have better damage soak than Classic Ion...

Thats why I believe Asgrad wins... Classic Ion was basically omnipotent, relatively omniscient and omnipresent. Hallax (who also wielded the power of the Central Power Battery) basically recreated an entire template universe from GL energy. Odin + Asgard in the Destroyer Armor can't do that.

SquallX
^ Guy doesn't need a downgrade.

laughing out loud

cdtm
Completely disagree; their spiritual force is extremely useful here...

2000ft Destroyer mode with all of Asgard empowering it; game over Oa...

Yeah, but if they go that route Hal or Kyle could just absorb the CPB.

cdtm

Thats why I believe Asgard wins...

Can a Cube so completely rewrite reality, though?

Parallax was attempting that, and Ion claimed he could have rewrote all of Hal's history without messing up the timeline, because he was that powerful. Spectre didn't tell him it was beyond his power either, only that he should not do it.

TheLordofMurder
Classic Ion was basically omnipotent, relatively omniscient and omnipresent. Hallax (who also wielded the power of the Central Power Battery) basically recreated an entire template universe from GL energy. Odin + Asgard in the Destroyer Armor can't do that.

Cube Beings (full ones at any rate) appear to be omnipotent as well; there are differing levels are infinite afterall...

A Cube Being is capable of doing the following:

TheLordofMurder
Classic Ion was basically omnipotent, relatively omniscient and omnipresent. Hallax (who also wielded the power of the Central Power Battery) basically recreated an entire template universe from GL energy. Odin + Asgard in the Destroyer Armor can't do that.

Cube Beings (full ones at any rate) appear to be omnipotent as well; there are differing levels are infinite afterall...

A Cube Being is capable of doing the following:

Prep-Man
Does OA have the Green Glob? It's seriously a powerful tool, it can warp reality. Probably slightly less powerful than the Cosmic Cube, but only a little. I say OA.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.