Magik fully powered vs Wonder woman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nwg202
We all know how powerful Wonder woman is but Magik is very underrated and at full power is a monster. (time travel, teleportation, black and white magic, mind control, she can raise the dead, put up force fields, heal herself, etc...) The hel lords are concerned about her growing powers. Plus Diana can get killed by the soul sword.

She did threaten Mephisto in his own realm. i don't any being lower than a high herald can do that.

So who wins? superior physical gifts vs sorcerer supreme and demon queen of limbo? kind of has a gladiator vs doc strange vibe

Bentley
Diana's speed and magical defense are way too much for Magik to handle. She smashes.

nwg202
Originally posted by Bentley
Diana's speed and magical defense are way too much for Magik to handle. She smashes.

Interesting i have always wondered about her magical defense. Mephisto was scared of getting hurt or killed. People seem to think the soul sword can kill Thor and jugs.

Diana's speed will be a problem. magik does have her armor though...and she can teleport. If she can sneak up on mephisto...

I also saw one scan of her in secret wars she was keeping cap, thor and the black knight at bay with her sword by herself, so she's an expert swordsman.

Bentley
Well, I would give Magik a better match against Thor or Surfer, all things considered. She can probably mount a good defense against the sword with her bracelets and her reflexes, her speed will be very important here.

nwg202
Originally posted by Bentley
Well, I would give Magik a better match against Thor or Surfer, all things considered. She can probably mount a good defense against the sword with her bracelets and her reflexes, her speed will be very important here.

I personally don't think Magic would do well against the Surfer, hes even faster and isn't magical based. I agree though it boils down to Diana's speed and reflexes. Her bracelets offer more of a defense against the sword than people like Thor and Juggs. Although Magik is a demon so she she must have enhanced strenght and reflexes since shes handled Sym who is class 100 demon. and she can teleport all over the place... and cast spells...

good fight.

Q99
Originally posted by nwg202
Interesting i have always wondered about her magical defense. Mephisto was scared of getting hurt or killed. People seem to think the soul sword can kill Thor and jugs.

It can. It can also work against Diana. Still, you gotta hit with it.

nwg202
Originally posted by Q99
It can. It can also work against Diana. Still, you gotta hit with it.

Yup. thats the big question.

She has gone up agianst Cap thor and black knight once and sym who is a cl 100 brusier and shes a demon who can teleport and cast spells to slow diana down...

Bentley
It's much more likely that Magik can slowdown the likes of Surfer than Diana, if she uses magic. The fact that Surfer is not magic based actually makes his defense less likely to work against Magik.

Q99

I also saw one scan of her in secret wars she was keeping cap, thor and the black knight at bay with her sword by herself, so she's an expert swordsman.

Yea, but Thor probably didn't want to kill her either. With his strength, there's a lot of more indirect stuff he could do to attack without having to worry about the sword.

nwg202
Originally posted by Q99
Yea, but Thor probably didn't want to kill her either. With his strength, there's a lot of more indirect stuff he could do to attack without having to worry about the sword.

Yup i agree. Thor was definately holding back in the scan but he did say how impressive her skills were. they both have a lot more to offer than the sword and the hammer.

psy_blade
The soulsword disrupts magic and enchantments. It'll shatter the bracelets and cut the rope.

Bentley
I'd pay to see that in a comic.

leonidas
Originally posted by psy_blade
The soulsword disrupts magic and enchantments. It'll shatter the bracelets and cut the rope.

i was sorta thinking the same thing. i won't say it would for SURE, but there is definitely that chance. ww still has just too much skill and speed though, and magik CAN be ko'd via physical force.

tough call. if given the chance illyana could take her out. using full powers and fighting smart, ww should take it more often than not. maybe....

JakeTheBank
Considering what the bracers and lasso have endured, it's really debatable to assume the Soul Sword could cut through both of them.

OneDumbG0
I also saw one scan of her in secret wars she was keeping cap, thor and the black knight at bay with her sword by herself, so she's an expert swordsman. ?

zopzop
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
?

He's referring (I think) to the fight the resurrected New Mutants had vs various Marvel superheroes. The Beyonder killed and erased their existence from the Marvel Universe. He later rezzed them and used them as pawns while he was creating/entering his "humanizing" machine. Took place during Secret Wars II.

zopzop
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Considering what the bracers and lasso have endured, it's really debatable to assume the Soul Sword could cut through both of them.

That sword terrified Mephisto in his realm (the same guy here that people place above Thor level beings while in his Hell).

I know What If showings aren't cannon but during What If X-Men Lost Inferno, that sword absorbed the combined might of all the world's most powerful sorcerers and hurled it back at them magnified many times over. Dr. Strange panicked when he saw the sword. Thor jumped in to save them with Mjolnir but it was temporary and Mjolnir shattered from the strain, killing Thor in the process.

OneDumbG0
^ Terrified? Let's stop embellishing.

zopzop
^ Terrified? Let's stop embellishing.

He went from threatening to destroy them for entering his realm unannounced and attacking them to stopping dead in his tracks and listening to reason once that sword was at his throat. Terrified is a good word for it.

OneDumbG0
^ He's already had pure souls burst forth from his head twice already. Mephisto isn't "terrified" of Cynthia von Doom's soul.

zopzop
^ He's already had pure souls burst forth from his head twice already. Mephisto isn't "terrified" of Cynthia von Doom's soul.

He sure as hell seemed terrified of the sword :
http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/1391/swordowningmeph.th.jpg

This took place in his hell where his powers were said to be "godlike", no "pure soul" garbage just raw power.

OneDumbG0
^ What do you think the Soulsword was forged from exactly? And what location do you think Mephisto was in when he had pure souls burst forth from his head? Tell me you knew this much.

zopzop
^ What do you think the Soulsword was forged from exactly? And what location do you think Mephisto was in when he had pure souls burst forth from his head? Tell me you knew this much.

What does that have to do with him stopping his assault and surrendering? He was hellbent on destroying her and even called in his minions to help. If it was merely a "pure soul" exploit he wouldn't have stopped dead in his tracks. Even Thor and Galactus haven't humiliated him like that (it took them a few panels of back and forth attacks to get him).

OneDumbG0
^ ... Mephisto's been stopped dead in his tracks by a pure soul bursting forth in his head... while in Hell... instantly... while trying to beat the crap out of his foe.

So you didn't know.

zopzop
^ ... Mephisto's been stopped dead in his tracks by a pure soul bursting forth in his head... while in Hell... instantly... while trying to beat the crap out of his foe.

So you didn't know.

Totally different scenarios though. That sort of garbage happens when he oversteps his bounds and attempts to take innocent souls by force or trickery. This wasn't the case here at all.

He wasn't attempting to steal her "pure soul", she barged into his realm without his permission and demanded an audience with him. He got pissed and tried to kill her. She put the sword to his throat and he submitted.

OneDumbG0
^ You have no idea what I'm talking about.

Mephisto's been stopped dead in his tracks by a pure soul bursting forth in his head... while in Hell... instantly... while trying to beat the crap out of other foes and he submitted. The Soulsword was forged using the pure part of Illyana's soul.

zopzop
^ You have no idea what I'm talking about.

Mephisto's been stopped dead in his tracks by a pure soul bursting forth in his head... while in Hell... instantly... while trying to beat the crap out of other foes and he submitted. The Soulsword was forged using the pure part of Illyana's soul.

I get that. But those times he was hurt by "pure soul" attacks was while he attempted to steal innocent souls that didn't belong to him. The Soul Sword, while being forged from Illyana's soul, is a different story. The Sword cuts through magical beings, breaks enchantments, and absorbs magical attacks. Obviously there's more to the Sword than merely being the product of a "pure soul". Mephisto, being a magical being, feared being cut by the sword (one of the things the sword is known for) and stopped his attack.

OneDumbG0
^ Pure souls are anathema to Mephisto. Acting like he can take a pure soul's power and purity as long as he's not trying to steal one is unsupported. Mephisto has dealt with plenty of magicians who can spellbreak and absorb magic. You can have your opinion, I understand it was already based on a lack of information and hasn't changed any.

nwg202
Originally posted by zopzop
He's referring (I think) to the fight the resurrected New Mutants had vs various Marvel superheroes. The Beyonder killed and erased their existence from the Marvel Universe. He later rezzed them and used them as pawns while he was creating/entering his "humanizing" machine. Took place during Secret Wars II.

Yup. I think it was in secret wars. Can't Magik BFR WW into the sun or a black hole? WW might be able to survive that right? or she survives that with ease?

I remember seeing Magik in a recent New Mutants Comic. When Cyclops had a ton of x-men which included Namor, Magneto, Ice man and Storm ready to engage her on earth. So If she's that big a threat on earth, she must be a huge head ache in Limbo.

Don't know how much punishment her armor can take from WW's blows though. Magik's teleportaion vs Diana's speed is also an intresting battle

zopzop
Yup. I think it was in secret wars. Can't Magik BFR WW into the sun or a black hole? WW might be able to survive that right? or she survives that with ease?

I remember seeing Magik in a recent New Mutants Comic. When Cyclops had a ton of x-men which included Namor, Magneto, Ice man and Storm ready to engage her on earth. So If she's that big a threat on earth, she must be a huge head ache in Limbo.

Don't know how much punishment her armor can take from WW's blows though. Magik's teleportaion vs Diana's speed is also an intresting battle

That armor is pretty uber, her own Soul Sword couldn't cut through it. Don't forget she's gone toe to toe with Sym and he's CL100 or near it.

zopzop
^ Pure souls are anathema to Mephisto. Acting like he can take a pure soul's power and purity as long as he's not trying to steal one is unsupported. Mephisto has dealt with plenty of magicians who can spellbreak and absorb magic. You can have your opinion, I understand it was already based on a lack of information and hasn't changed any.

I'm referring the sword itself. Obviously there's more to it than being made from a piece of her "pure soul", for sure the magic breaking, spell absorbing, magical creature slaying, etc.. aspects are NOT merely from being made from a pure soul. It could be the Promethium metal (mentioned in an issue of Exaclibur when Doom was after the sword).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.