Achilles vs General Grievous

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nephthys
Instead of fighting General Kenobi Grievous finds himself confronted by the Greek Legend.

Achilles gets his spear and sword, and if I'm feeling generous his shield. For the threads purposes his weapons can harm Grievous.

Grievous gets his 4 lightsabers.

Bonus Round: Achilles gets a lightsaber and fights a single battle droid. Who wins?

KingD19
Grievous splits his hands into 4 hands, and does his whirling lightsaber rotor of death. Achilles dies. And luckily for him this is the movie version, the cartoon version would have ended him in under a minute.

Nephthys
I quite agree. Though Achilles is really lucky this isn't the EU version, which would end him in milliseconds.

KingD19
Clone Wars (original) cartoon by Tartakovsky and the EU would just.....there wouldn't be anything left.

I remember when they first premiered Grievous in the cartoon and he took on 3-5 Jedi Masters, and was manhandling them...if only CGI and or a stunt man was that good.

quanchi112
Achilles wins.

KingD19
How? By getting past the four lightsaber spinning barrage of doom?

Even if he can harm Grievous, killing him will be extremely difficult, as even Obi couldn't do it without tricking him into opening his chest plate and blasting his organs.

Korto Vos
Grievous wins.

KingD19
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/7579/20746258fcf7c1cm3.jpg

Lord Lucien
EU Grievous would obliterate Achilles. But as this isn't him... Achilles wins.

quanchi112
Originally posted by KingD19
How? By getting past the four lightsaber spinning barrage of doom?

Even if he can harm Grievous, killing him will be extremely difficult, as even Obi couldn't do it without tricking him into opening his chest plate and blasting his organs. Shield.Skills.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by quanchi112
Shield.Skills. Nunchuck skills. Your move, chessmaster.

dadudemon
Is this thread serious?

Because...Achilles' weapons and shield would be sliced like warm butter.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Nunchuck skills. Your move, chessmaster. Originally posted by dadudemon
Is this thread serious?

Because...Achilles' weapons and shield would be sliced like warm butter. I was under the assumption his weaponry could withstand the force of a lightsaber like in my thread.

Nephthys
Any opinion on the Bonus Round?

And yeah, his weapons are durable enough to block lightsabers.

Placidity
EU Achilles wins

http://images.memegenerator.net/images/50x50/1156228.jpg

NemeBro
How strong is Achilles?

Because if he's not strong enough to maintain his shield stance when General Grievous brings out the lightsaber whirlwind, then it doesn't matter how durable the shield is, and Achilles will be dismembered.

That said, I'm almot inclined to say Grievous loses based purely on principal. The movies and the ****ing CGI cartoon have ruined him for me.

quanchi112
Originally posted by NemeBro
How strong is Achilles?

Because if he's not strong enough to maintain his shield stance when General Grievous brings out the lightsaber whirlwind, then it doesn't matter how durable the shield is, and Achilles will be dismembered.

That said, I'm almot inclined to say Grievous loses based purely on principal. The movies and the ****ing CGI cartoon have ruined him for me. Try watching the Troy movie before weighing in on a thread you yourself admit are ignorant on.

Bentley
Grievous fell against a very defensive precog fighting style. Nothing Achilles did proves he can defend well against a heavy barrage.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Bentley
Grievous fell against a very defensive precog fighting style. Nothing Achilles did proves he can defend well against a heavy barrage. Achilles battle awareness and skill level are above Grievous'.

Psychotron
Grievous destroys.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Psychotron
Grievous destroys. Based on ?

Bentley
Achilles battle awareness and skill level are above Grievous'.

Achilles is more skilled and a better fighter, but Grievous has him outgunned.

Psychotron
Based on ?

His superiority.

quanchi112
Achilles is more skilled and a better fighter, but Grievous has him outgunned. It won't matter since his shield can deflect or block any attacks he can muster.Originally posted by Psychotron
His superiority. Grievous is inferior to him.

Bentley
Unless he can get three more shields it doesn't matter.

Mindset
Achilles wins.

quanchi112
Unless he can get three more shields it doesn't matter. Why does he need multiple shields ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.