Nul vs Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
looks like it's coming. who's coming out on top?

Damborgson
Nul should win

The Nuul
I win.

CosmicComet
Nuul > Nul < Hulk ? Nuul

vansonbee
In the end pages of "Fear Itself" issue 7, Nul escaped from the broken hammer and Hulk is searching for him... and we all know whats gonna happen.

leonidas
i found it interesting that hulk didn't try and go after nul himself but instead went straight to strange..... hulk doesn't think he can take nul...? shifty

Damborgson
Originally posted by leonidas
i found it interesting that hulk didn't try and go after nul himself but instead went straight to strange..... hulk doesn't think he can take nul...? shifty http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s289/n00b_nation/sports/to-wink.gif

leonidas
heh.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor = Worthy Hulk > Nul > Green Scar

The Anti-Carver equation.

quanchi112
Hulk.

cdtm
Nul wins, with ease.

janus77
Hulk wins. He crushed the hammer, overcame Nul control and basically had no trouble doing it at all.

Power Cosmic II
Nul, based on statements from Fraction.

"Nul is the Hulk's Hulk."

carver9
Hulk 10/10 and with ease.

Power Cosmic II
Originally posted by carver9
Hulk 10/10 and with ease.

All he did was run to Strange "with ease"

carver9
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor = Worthy Hulk > Nul > Green Scar

The Anti-Carver equation.

This is all wrong. Hulk can take on two worthys INCLUDING Nul and still come out on top.

carver9
Originally posted by Power Cosmic II
All he did was run to Strange "with ease"

Ooookkkkaaaayyy...they will fight and Nul will lose.

Power Cosmic II
Ooookkkkaaaayyy...they will fight ans Nul will lose.

They can't fight 1 on 1 Hulk already determined he couldn't handle him by going to strange, who will then get namor, who will then tell surfer, and they bring iron fist and she-hulk, and then they go after nul.

carver9
They can't fight 1 on 1 Hulk already determined he couldn't handle him by going to strange, who will then get namor, who will then tell surfer, and they bring iron fist and she-hulk, and then they go after nul.

It's called "plot". They will fight and Nul will lose. Where was it stated in the comic that Hulk can't handle Nul?

Damborgson
I hope hulk goes WB. I'd like to see his first loss in that sate at the hands of Nul. smile

Power Cosmic II
It's called "plot". They will fight and Nul will lose. Where was it stated in the comic that Hulk can't handle Nul?

Matt Fraction:

"The root of the idea for Nul was, what if Hulk could 'Hulk' out? What if he got so angry that even he would turn into something? Nul is the Hulk's Hulk. It's this monstrous thing that's unleashed on the world because of him," Fraction explained. "One of the biggest dangling threads from the end of 'Fear Itself' is that Nul is still out there. Hulk is so mighty, so strong, that he could physically crush the hammer, and while that freed him from Nul's sway, it also freed Nul to roam the Earth. Nul is here, rampaging his way to a very specific location, destroying everything in his way, and Hulk knows that he's going to be blamed for it if Nul is not stopped. So Hulk goes to the Defenders because he believes the Defenders will help him and he believes they will be discrete about it. Nul is a chance to personify Hulk's living, walking nightmare. He's a thing more hateful, more angry and in more agony than even the Hulk is on a moment to moment basis"

carver9
Originally posted by Damborgson
I hope hulk goes WB. I'd like to see his first loss in that sate at the hands of Nul. smile

That ain't happening unless they take the fight to another dimension or something. You already know the outcome of the battle. It might turn out like the Rulk fight turned out. Rulk ran through an amped Thor, Skyfathers, killed Surfer but when he met a holding back WWH, he got stomped.

carver9
Matt Fraction:

"The root of the idea for Nul was, what if Hulk could 'Hulk' out? What if he got so angry that even he would turn into something? Nul is the Hulk's Hulk. It's this monstrous thing that's unleashed on the world because of him," Fraction explained. "One of the biggest dangling threads from the end of 'Fear Itself' is that Nul is still out there. Hulk is so mighty, so strong, that he could physically crush the hammer, and while that freed him from Nul's sway, it also freed Nul to roam the Earth. Nul is here, rampaging his way to a very specific location, destroying everything in his way, and Hulk knows that he's going to be blamed for it if Nul is not stopped. So Hulk goes to the Defenders because he believes the Defenders will help him and he believes they will be discrete about it. Nul is a chance to personify Hulk's living, walking nightmare. He's a thing more hateful, more angry and in more agony than even the Hulk is on a moment to moment basis"

I never said Nul isn't Hulk and I already knew Hulk crushed the hammer to free himself from Nul. They are the same character, they are one but I have as of yet to see Nul do anything resembling what WBH could and have done.

They are gonna fight and Nul is going to be around for a long time...he is a power house but again, he is nothing a holding back Hulk isn't.

Hulk went to the Avengers to redeem himself...show that its not him that is causing all the mayhem across the world. He didn't go to them because he needed assistance. I seen a preview of what you are talking about but not all of it...by any chance, do you have the scan?

carver9
By the way, didn't Banner and Hulk seperate? Them being merged...Banner finally accepting Hulk is the reason Hulk is so powerful.

Damborgson
That ain't happening unless they take the fight to another dimension or something. You already know the outcome of the battle. It might turn out like the Rulk fight turned out. Rulk ran through an amped Thor, Skyfathers, killed Surfer but when he met a holding back WWH, he got stomped. Care to make a bet then?

Yes according to Loeb : WWH>>Rulk>=OF Thor>>savage hulk>>Silver Surfer>Grandmaster>Uatu

Unshakable logic http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/smurph.gif

carver9
Care to make a bet then?

Yes according to Loeb : WWH>>Rulk>=OF Thor>>savage hulk>>Silver Surfer>Grandmaster>Uatu

Unshakable logic http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/smurph.gif

What are we betting on?

Damborgson
What's are we betting on? Nul wins: You admit Nul is stronger and more powerful than AT LEAST WWH by a good fair amount.

Hulk wins: I'll admit Nul wasnt really anything that WWH couldnt match.

Deal? smile

carver9
Nul wins: You admit Nul is stronger and more powerful than AT LEAST WWH by a good fair amount.

Hulk wins: I'll admit Nul wasnt really anything that WWH couldnt match.

Deal? smile

Deal. Do you have the scene of Nul coming out of the hammer?

Damborgson
Deal. Do you have the scene of Nul coming out of the hammer?
http://files.sharenator.com/excellent_the_post_of_reposts-s438x438-231285.jpg

Unfortunately not. :/

carver9
You are going to lose. Who do you think will be the person to stop Nul? No one there is powerful enough except Hulk.

Damborgson
You are going to lose. Who do you think will be the person to stop Nul? No one there is powerful enough except Hulk. We're gonna see Nul trash hulk first. Then some plot device where Hulk wins in the very end im sure.

carver9
We're gonna see Nul trash hulk first. Then some plot device where Hulk wins in the very end im sure.

You might be right.

Hulk going Super Saiyan isn't a plot.

Gecko4lif
To fraction is outright stating hammer + Hulk = Significant upgrade instead of a downgrade like the retards are here were claiming.

Interesting.

Colossus-Big C
If Nul doesnt have hulks "increasing strength thing" i dont see how hulk can lose

It would be like fighting abomb IMO, Nul thrashes him at first the hulk eventually wins.

Damborgson
You might be right.

Hulk going Super Saiyan isn't a plot.

We'll see I guess.

No not that. If he wins via WB thats a straight up win. I mean if maybe Nul gets weakened somehow then all the others are down and hulk punches him out or some shit like that.

TBH when huulk goes WB he reminds me more of this guy than just a super saiyan though.

http://dbzccgmaniac.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/broly.jpg

Gecko4lif
Hey carver think Hulk can beat omega in a fist fight?

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Hey carver think Hulk can beat omega in a fist fight? No. I dont think carver is a fanboy actually

carver9
People that can beat Hulk.

Tyrant
Odin
Zeus
Monarch
King Thor

And the list goes on. Just because I give Hulk props against some characters doesn't mean that I think he can beat everyone. Stop trippin Gecko and stop hating on Hulk.

carver9
We'll see I guess.

No not that. If he wins via WB thats a straight up win. I mean if maybe Nul gets weakened somehow then all the others are down and hulk punches him out or some shit like that.

TBH when huulk goes WB he reminds me more of this guy than just a super saiyan though.

http://dbzccgmaniac.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/broly.jpg

I guess we will.

I can't see scenario 2 happening. If Hulk wins, its going to be because of him being stronger and more durable.

Your scan didn't work.

iceman24567
People that can beat Hulk.

Tyrant
Odin
Zeus
Monarch
King Thor

And the list goes on. Just because I give Hulk props against some characters doesn't mean that I think he can beat everyone. Stop trippin Gecko and stop hating on Hulk. What about Darksied? Shots fired laughing

carver9
Originally posted by iceman24567
What about Darksied? Shots fired laughing

Darkseid sucks.

iceman24567
Originally posted by iceman24567
Shots fired laughing laughing

carver9
Doomsday

DarkSaint85
Sonics seem to affect current Hulk pretty badly....does Nul have any scream attacks?

vansonbee
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Sonics seem to affect current Hulk pretty badly....does Nul have any scream attacks? When the sonics cause the eardrums to bleed, I'm sure it will hurt equally to other characters.

Nul = scream attacks? No.

janus77
Matt Fraction:

So, basically "Nul" is current Hulk's creation? hmm, so much for the Hammer and The Serpent.

The business about Hulk "hulking out" is stupid as that is basically what the various incarnations of Hulk are. Hulk driven mindless, insane (Banner), WorldBreaker (WBH) ... Nul's just nowhere near that league of power or danger.

Anyhow, back on topic, Current Hulk will crush him as easily as he crushed the hammer that trapped both himself and the nul entity (that he empowers).

So far, from the comics, the only solid facts we have of the relative power-levels are that:

Current Hulk >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Asgardian 'Thor level' Hammer > 'nul entity'.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Haha, looks like the Anti-Carver equation is true after all.

Gammafags never forget to remind that they're the worst. Thor fought an amped Hulk, get over it guys. Arguing that the power up wasn't accurately portrayed is the only real option, pretending it didn't happen is just desperation.

Badabing
Guys, stop the trolling and get back to topic.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Badabing
Guys, stop the trolling and get back to topic.

How do you feel about these new events Bada? We haven't had a Thor/Hulk bout in a while.

Oh, and Nul wins.

Badabing
How do you feel about these new events Bada? We haven't had a Thor/Hulk bout in a while.

Oh, and Nul wins. mmm

mhmm

I'll go with what works: Hulk SMASH! durhulk

JakeTheBank
Arguing that the power up wasn't accurately portrayed is the only real option, pretending it didn't happen is just desperation.

thumb up

carver9
Haha, looks like the Anti-Carver equation is true after all.

Gammafags never forget to remind that they're the worst. Thor fought an amped Hulk, get over it guys. Arguing that the power up wasn't accurately portrayed is the only real option, pretending it didn't happen is just desperation.

It made him more versatile but it did nothing to his strength or durability. I seen nothing but WWH on panel...nothing more, nothing less.

Rage.Of.Olympus
It was explicitly stated that he was powered up. IIRC, it was even mentioned that his durability was backed up by enchantments.

This isn't just some ambiguous topic of discussion. We've been told and it's been made quite obvious that Hulk received a power up. The only ones denying it are Gammafags because over the last few years, you guys have gotten ridiculous. Anything that doesn't portray Hulk as the best thing ever is suddenly wrong, or doesn't exist.

I still remember all the idiots calling for Pak's head as a traitor because he had him lose to Zeus, a Skyfather.

JakeTheBank
I can definitely see why people would say the power up wasn't portrayed as best as it could have been, but when you have character and writer statements all saying stuff like "Nul is like the Hulk Hulking out" or "Giving an Asgardian hammer like Mjolnir to someone like the Hulk does exactly what you think it does", I don't see how people can outright deny that Nul was intended to be above Hulk.

Hilarious still was when Thor contended with Nul, his power up was called into question, but when he ripped through the adamantium netting, all of sudden it was "good enough" to appease detractors, same as when he broke his hammer.

Fear Itself was less than great at absolute best, but given the context and intent, I don't see how people think Nul was somehow weaker or made Hulk weaker after bonding with him.

carver9
It was explicitly stated that he was powered up. IIRC, it was even mentioned that his durability was backed up by enchantments.

This isn't just some ambiguous topic of discussion. We've been told and it's been made quite obvious that Hulk received a power up. The only ones denying it are Gammafags because over the last few years, you guys have gotten ridiculous. Anything that doesn't portray Hulk as the best thing ever is suddenly wrong, or doesn't exist.

I still remember all the idiots calling for Pak's head as a traitor because he had him lose to Zeus, a Skyfather.

I don't care about his loss against Zeus. He is a freaking Skyfather...top of the food chain Skyfather. I was hoping Hulk won but I also wasn't upset that he lost. Zeus, Odin, etc, etc...are above Hulk...no shame in admitting it.

As for your other topic about something being mentioned...I already ripped through that lame a** argument. Go back to the previous thread if you want to discuss that.

How in the hell can the Vampire nation read WWH power level when Reed Richards himself couldn't even read WWH power level? Does that make sense to you Rage? Reed with all of his intelligence stated that Hulk power level was off the charts and couldn't get a bead on it but a freaking Vampire has all of this info. Lol.

Then I also showrd you statements of World War Hulk being >>>Thor.

JakeTheBank
A few things.

I don't care about his loss against Zeus. He is a freaking Skyfather...top of the food chain Skyfather. I was hoping Hulk won but I also wasn't upset that he lost. Zeus, Odin, etc, etc...are above Hulk...no shame in admitting it.

Why would you want Hulk to beat a Skyfather to begin with?

How in the hell can the Vampire nation read WWH power level when Reed Richards himself couldn't even read WWH power level? Does that make sense to you Rage? Reed with all of his intelligence stated that Hulk power level was off the charts and couldn't get a bead on it but a freaking Vampire has all of this info. Lol.

Reed, believe or not, has been one upped by various characters and more than once. Reed's not always this unstoppable prep god people think he is. That's Dr. Doom.

carver9
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I can definitely see why people would say the power up wasn't portrayed as best as it could have been, but when you have character and writer statements all saying stuff like "Nul is like the Hulk Hulking out" or "Giving an Asgardian hammer like Mjolnir to someone like the Hulk does exactly what you think it does", I don't see how people can outright deny that Nul was intended to be above Hulk.

Hilarious still was when Thor contended with Nul, his power up was called into question, but when he ripped through the adamantium netting, all of sudden it was "good enough" to appease detractors, same as when he broke his hammer.

Fear Itself was less than great at absolute best, but given the context and intent, I don't see how people think Nul was somehow weaker or made Hulk weaker after bonding with him.

Depending on what version or Hulk we are talking about. Nul is slightly below WWH. LOL...statements will not help you Jake or Rage. The Vampire nation said that Nul is over the "average" Hulk and he is above the average Hulk.

Thor didn't do a thing to Nul besides get crushed and pass out. Thor attacked a Nul that wasn't even paying him any attention and then fatigued himself doing it and admitted that he didn't stand a chance.

Thor most shining moment in that fight is bfring Nul and the only reason he did that was because he didn't stand a chance at stopping him and would have died without resorting to bfring.

Rage.Of.Olympus

As for your other topic about something being mentioned...I already ripped through that lame a** argument. Go back to the previous thread if you want to discuss that.

Then I also showrd you statements of World War Hulk being >>>Thor.

You obviously do.

You didn't rip through anything and it's not in anyway lame.

How can anyone tell Green Scar is more powerful overall when Savage Hulk has been stated to have no ceiling? That simply doesn't hold up. The comics and the writers have all pointed out that Hulk received a power up. No amount of spinning, flip flopping, denial or stupidity can avoid that truth.

No such thing.

carver9
A few things.

Why would you want Hulk to beat a Skyfather to begin with?

Reed, believe or not, has been one upped by various characters and more than once. Reed's not always this unstoppable prep god people think he is. That's Dr. Doom.

Lol...I want Hulk to win so I can post "U Mad".

I would still believe that Reed resources are >>>>>>the Vampire nation.

Then we have shield files that states that WWH is the most powerful creature to ever walk the Earth or Strange saying that Hulk is at a power level we never seen before or Tony saying that he can't read Hulks power level.

JakeTheBank
Depending on what version or Hulk we are talking about. Nul is slightly below WWH. LOL...statements will not help you Jake or Rage. The Vampire nation said that Nul is over the "average" Hulk and he is above the average Hulk.

Thor didn't do a thing to Nul besides get crushed and pass out. Thor attacked a Nul that wasn't even paying him any attention and then fatigued himself doing it and admitted that he didn't stand a chance.

Thor most shining moment in that fight is bfring Nul and the only reason he did that was because he didn't stand a chance at stopping him and would have died without resorting to bfring.

So skyfather enchanted weapons make Hulk weaker? baka Why? Because Pak didn't pen Hulk smashing enough shit for your taste? Hell, by that line of reasoning, I could say Odinforce Thor wasn't more powerful than Classic Thor because Classic has better feats. I'd also be an idiot.

Thor one shot sent him into orbit. And he was injured after dealing with Odin, the Serpent, and the Worthy. That's not a bad feat at all.

You can't prove Thor was explicitly attempting to BFR Hulk. All he did was lay into him with a hammer strike which sent him off planet. The BFR was a side effect of his blow, not the intent. And you can't prove Thor would have died, either. Believe it or not, it wouldn't be the first time Thor fought other beings with hammers and came out on top.

carver9
You obviously do.

You didn't rip through anything and it's not in anyway lame.

How can anyone tell Green Scar is more powerful overall when Savage Hulk has been stated to have no ceiling? That simply doesn't hold up. The comics and the writers have all pointed out that Hulk received a power up. No amount of spinning, flip flopping, denial or stupidity can avoid that truth.

No such thing.

I really don't.

I ripped through it Rage.

We know that Savage doesn't have a ceiling but Savage has always been below WWH and FAR below at that just like Nul is below WWH.

I never said that it didn't amp him. The guy was conjuring hurricanes. It didn't physically amp him is what I am telling you.

I showed you the scan where shield stated that they have never seen a power level like WWH.

carver9
So skyfather enchanted weapons make Hulk weaker? baka Why? Because Pak didn't pen Hulk smashing enough shit for your taste? Hell, by that line of reasoning, I could say Odinforce Thor wasn't more powerful than Classic Thor because Classic has better feats. I'd also be an idiot.

Thor one shot sent him into orbit. And he was injured after dealing with Odin, the Serpent, and the Worthy. That's not a bad feat at all.

You can't prove Thor was explicitly attempting to BFR Hulk. All he did was lay into him with a hammer strike which sent him off planet. The BFR was a side effect of his blow, not the intent. And you can't prove Thor would have died, either. Believe it or not, it wouldn't be the first time Thor fought other beings with hammers and came out on top.

Never said Nul was weak but he isn't anything WWH is. WWH was more of a threat imo.

Thor admitted he couldn't beat him and then sent him into orbit and passed out after doing this AND had to be carried to Odin to be healed.

Lol...Thor being bfred by the serpent shouldnt have drained him of his power. Let's take that route then Jake. Zeus hit Hulk with a lightning Bolt before they fought...that is the reason why Hulk lost.

Nul>>>>Thor and this was shown on panel when Thor fatigued himself by hitting Nul and Nul was still 100%. This was shown when Thor bfred Nul and Nul was still 100%, running through the Vampire nation and crushing adamantium and running through a group of Wendigos while Thor was being carried to Odin.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I really don't.

I ripped through it Rage.

We know that Savage doesn't have a ceiling but Savage has always been below WWH and FAR below at that just like Nul is below WWH.

I never said that it didn't amp him. The guy was conjuring hurricanes. It didn't physically amp him is what I am telling you.

I showed you the scan where shield stated that they have never seen a power level like WWH.

You do know that I can dig up your past posts right?

How does that statement make any sense to you? And it doesn't counter my point at all.

At the very least he had superior durability.

Prove it wasn't in the context of Hulk. smile

carver9
You do know that I can dig up your past posts right?

How does that statement make any sense to you? And it doesn't counter my point at all.

At the very least he had superior durability.

Prove it wasn't in the context of Hulk. smile

Why does he have Superior durability? Because he took a hit to the face with a chain bolt? Lol...that's not enough Rage? WWH survived a thrashing from Zom Strange and got right back up like nothing happened. I don't think a Vampire with a weapon can generate more force than an Amped strange. WWH was tanking multiple hits from all of the XMen combined. I dont think Nul tanking a hit from a Vampire is proof enough of this.

This is when that statement was said...during the time Nul brushed off a hit from a freaking Vampire. That's not enough and if you don't think WWH can brush off a measly hit from a Vampire...you know, the same WWH that tanked punches from Skaar that amped his strength to 100 trillion tons of force...then something is wrong with you.

Prove what?

JakeTheBank
Never said Nul was weak but he isn't anything WWH is. WWH was more of a threat imo.

Thor admitted he couldn't beat him and then sent him into orbit and passed out after doing this AND had to be carried to Odin to be healed.

Lol...Thor being bfred by the serpent shouldnt have drained him of his power. Let's take that route then Jake. Zeus hit Hulk with a lightning Bolt before they fought...that is the reason why Hulk lost.

Nul>>>>Thor and this was shown on panel when Thor fatigued himself by hitting Nul and Nul was still 100%. This was shown when Thor bfred Nul and Nul was still 100%, running through the Vampire nation and crushing adamantium and running through a group of Wendigos while Thor was being carried to Odin.

Except...you did.

Thor admitted he could never beat Nul and then he...beat him. no expression Hell, when you ask Fraction directly what Thor meant by that comment (whether it was Thor being honest - which isn't true considering Thor has beaten Hulk before and definitely can beat him - or Thor goading Nul into his attack - which is made evident by the "Did you now?" response of his), he replies very vaguely, obviously leaving it open to interpretation. Granted, this goes both ways as you believe Thor meant his own spoken words and I think it was a goading attempt to get Nul to charge at him, but when you look at prior battles, Thor has beaten Hulk, so if you believe your line of reasoning, it's best to take it with a grain (or pillar) of salt. Either way, a less than 100% Thor BFRed Nul with a single strike into orbit, which is beyond anything Hulk has ever done to Thor. Funny how an injured Thor manages to contend with foes you'd think would be beyond him. (ie. Siege Sentry).

He was blasted by the Serpent and crash landed on the streets below. And prior to that, he was humbled by Odin. And then he had to deal with two Worthy. And he still was the one who left the victor. You can't downplay Nul and in the same breath, ignore what Thor did under the context.

erm

This is pretty priceless, if you think about it.

If Hulk gets an amp, he must clearly be beyond his peers and equals, less the amp doesn't count or whatever. And if Thor manages to *gasp* fight him on even ground, then it obviously means Nul wasn't amped because Hulk should always be more powerful than Thor, even though that's not backed up by comics themselves. The funny thing is, Thor has a storied history of damaging and doing extremely well against beings stronger/more powerful than him. He did the same thing against Nul.

Badabing
What the hell is going on here? Can someone please give me the cliff notes on what the debate is about?

JakeTheBank
What the hell is going on here? Can someone please give me the cliff notes on what the debate is about?

This is about:

* Whether or not Nul was amped to levels beyond WWH if he was amped at all.

* Whether or not Nul could have or would have killed Thor if not for Thor's BFR.

* Whether or not Thor attempted to BFR Hulk, or if the BFR was a side effect of his hammer blow.

And ultimately:

*Whether or not the Nul entity is more powerful than that of Hulk.

carver9
Except...you did.

Thor admitted he could never beat Nul and then he...beat him. no expression Hell, when you ask Fraction directly what Thor meant by that comment (whether it was Thor being honest - which isn't true considering Thor has beaten Hulk before and definitely can beat him - or Thor goading Nul into his attack - which is made evident by the "Did you now?" response of his), he replies very vaguely, obviously leaving it open to interpretation. Granted, this goes both ways as you believe Thor meant his own spoken words and I think it was a goading attempt to get Nul to charge at him, but when you look at prior battles, Thor has beaten Hulk, so if you believe your line of reasoning, it's best to take it with a grain (or pillar) of salt. Either way, a less than 100% Thor BFRed Nul with a single strike into orbit, which is beyond anything Hulk has ever done to Thor. Funny how an injured Thor manages to contend with foes you'd think would be beyond him. (ie. Siege Sentry).

He was blasted by the Serpent and crash landed on the streets below. And prior to that, he was humbled by Odin. And then he had to deal with two Worthy. And he still was the one who left the victor. You can't downplay Nul and in the same breath, ignore what Thor did under the context.

erm

This is pretty priceless, if you think about it.

If Hulk gets an amp, he must clearly be beyond his peers and equals, less the amp doesn't count or whatever. And if Thor manages to *gasp* fight him on even ground, then it obviously means Nul wasn't amped because Hulk should always be more powerful than Thor, even though that's not backed up by comics themselves. The funny thing is, Thor has a storied history of damaging and doing extremely well against beings stronger/more powerful than him. He did the same thing against Nul.

Never said he was weak...what I did say is "he isn't WWH strong" and he isn't.

Time has changed Jake...the characters these days are completely different. Thor would need the Avengers to take on Hulk today because Marvel have a different sight on the character. He is just too freaking powerful.

Thor did well and Thor will always do well against basically any foe that he fights...no matter the tier but it is pretty obvious Thor can't beat Nul. If it wasn't for bfring, Nul would have finished him.

I know what Thor went through and I also know what Nul went through as well. He was consistently fighting none stop so that argument you are using should go both ways to Nul also. Let me get a scan right quick to shut this Thor doing so well against Nul argument up.

I never said that Nul wasn't amped...like I said before, he conjured hurricanes. Was he physically amped...oh hell naw and there's nothing proving that.

OneDumbG0
What the hell is going on here? Can someone please give me the cliff notes on what the debate is about? In a nutshell:

durhulk argue durthor

JakeTheBank
Never said he was weak...what I did say is "he isn't WWH strong" and he isn't.

Time has changed Jake...the characters these days are completely different. Thor would need the Avengers to take on Hulk today because Marvel have a different sight on the character. He is just too freaking powerful.

Thor did well and Thor will always do well against basically any foe that he fights...no matter the tier but it is pretty obvious Thor can't beat Nul. If it wasn't for bfring, Nul would have finished him.

I know what Thor went through and I also know what Nul went through as well. He was consistently fighting none stop so that argument you are using should go both ways to Nul also. Let me get a scan right quick to shut this Thor doing so well against Nul argument up.

I never said that Nul wasn't amped...like I said before, he conjured hurricanes. Was he physically amped...oh hell naw and there's nothing proving that.

Based on what? Why would he be weaker? It make no sense why Hulk, who's been in his "WWH" persona/power level for a while, would get a Skyfather enchanted hammer and upon becoming Nul, become weaker than WWH? Sure, he might not have the feats of WWH under Pak, but why would he not be at least as powerful as him? Explain it.

And yet, Marvel has Thor damage abstract beings and summon the hurricanes from hundreds of worlds. And then Thor fights an amped version of Hulk and Thing and manages to one shot kill one of them and then one shot send the other into orbit. Seems to me that Marvel thinks Thor can handle Hulk just fine when the situation calls for it.

Basically, Carv, what I'm saying is that you need to accept that Thor is the mightiest one there is.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Why does he have Superior durability? Because he took a hit to the face with a chain bolt? Lol...that's not enough Rage? WWH survived a thrashing from Zom Strange and got right back up like nothing happened. I don't think a Vampire with a weapon can generate more force than an Amped strange. WWH was tanking multiple hits from all of the XMen combined. I dont think Nul tanking a hit from a Vampire is proof enough of this.

This is when that statement was said...during the time Nul brushed off a hit from a freaking Vampire. That's not enough and if you don't think WWH can brush off a measly hit from a Vampire...you know, the same WWH that tanked punches from Skaar that amped his strength to 100 trillion tons of force...then something is wrong with you.

Prove what?

He has superior durability because those Runes around him are protective. Which makes sense. Also, you referenced scenes that support his healing factor, not his durability.

Tanking the hit isn't why. Nul being a powered up Green Scar with protective Runes is.

That it isn't in the context of Hulk's.

carver9
Based on what? Why would he be weaker? It make no sense why Hulk, who's been in his "WWH" persona/power level for a while, would get a Skyfather enchanted hammer and upon becoming Nul, become weaker than WWH? Sure, he might not have the feats of WWH under Pak, but why would he not be at least as powerful as him? Explain it.

And yet, Marvel has Thor damage abstract beings and summon the hurricanes from hundreds of worlds. And then Thor fights an amped version of Hulk and Thing and manages to one shot kill one of them and then one shot send the other into orbit. Seems to me that Marvel thinks Thor can handle Hulk just fine when the situation calls for it.

Basically, Carv, what I'm saying is that you need to accept that Thor is the mightiest one there is.

Never said that he was weaker. I said that he is at or might be beneath WWH strength wise since he has never been in a battle where he needed to amp his strength TO WWH levels yet.

I know Thor has damaged abstracts but again, he can't beat Nul because he wouldn't have the time. As for the fight...Thor attacked a Nul that back was turned looking at Thing hit the ground.

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/2695/thorvshulkandthing4.jpg

I'm not impressed. I'm also not impressed wit him bfring Nul. Fight it out like a man.

I agree, Thor IS the mightiest one there is but he falls below Hulk.

JakeTheBank
I agree, Thor IS the mightiest one there is

See? You can be taught.

carver9
See? You can be taught.

Concession accepted.

JakeTheBank
Concession accepted.

Of course I'll accept your concession, my friend.
smile

Badabing
This is about:

* Whether or not Nul was amped to levels beyond WWH if he was amped at all.

* Whether or not Nul could have or would have killed Thor if not for Thor's BFR.

* Whether or not Thor attempted to BFR Hulk, or if the BFR was a side effect of his hammer blow.

And ultimately:

*Whether or not the Nul entity is more powerful than that of Hulk. Hulk was amped. The dialogue seemed to suggest that all the metas were gaining additional powers which would be similar as if they had Thor's hammer. Thing showed exceptional powers with the hammer. Hulk really never showed anything more in strength or durability, imo. I could be wrong.

It's within Hulk's powerset to kill Thor, I guess. But I doubt killing Thor would have been an easy accomplishment.

The BFR was a result of Thor's massive attack. But I think Thor knew he was on the ropes and had to end the battle. Again, I could be wrong.

Hulk was the only one to purge any of the entities on his own (See Fear Iteself: Hulk vs Dracula #3). So in that regard, he was more powerful. I don't know Nul's full range of capabilities to go any deeper. Hulk is seeking Strange's help. Whether it's just for some info or for an attack isn't known afaik.

carver9
Does anyone have the scan of Nul coming out of the hammer and Hulk seeking Strange help? I read up on this, I'm wondering if a issue came out with this in it.

h1a8
How can any Hulk be more powerful than another when there is no ceiling for either? Are we considering base strength or something?

If so, then is it true that current Hulk has mastered to reach any level just by quick meditation? If so, then shouldn't he be able to reach a level beyond Nul if he wanted to?

carver9
Originally posted by h1a8
How can any Hulk be more powerful than another when there is no ceiling for either? Are we considering base strength or something?

If so, then is it true that current Hulk has mastered to reach any level just by quick meditation? If so, then shouldn't he be able to reach a level beyond Nul if he wanted to?

Th discussion isn't about Current WBH, its about Nul vs WWH.

Badabing
Does anyone have the scan of Nul coming out of the hammer and Hulk seeking Strange help? I read up on this, I'm wondering if a issue came out with this in it. If nobody posts the scan PM me and I'll get it to you in a few hours.

carver9
If nobody posts the scan PM me and I'll get it to you in a few hours.

You are the best buddy.

The Sorrow
Nul would be a strong test but he didn't really do anything regular Hulk couldn't do if sufficiently enraged. Green Scar can hit higher levels than what Nul showed in Fear Itself, maybe the upcoming Defenders book will shed some new light on just how powerful he is.

Until then... Hulk wins

carver9
Originally posted by The Sorrow
Nul would be a strong test but he didn't really do anything regular Hulk couldn't do if sufficiently enraged. Green Scar can hit higher levels than what Nul showed in Fear Itself, maybe the upcoming Defenders book will shed some new light on just how powerful he is.

Until then... Hulk wins

Perfect way of putting it.

carver9
Hulk was amped. The dialogue seemed to suggest that all the metas were gaining additional powers which would be similar as if they had Thor's hammer. Thing showed exceptional powers with the hammer. Hulk really never showed anything more in strength or durability, imo. I could be wrong.

It's within Hulk's powerset to kill Thor, I guess. But I doubt killing Thor would have been an easy accomplishment.

The BFR was a result of Thor's massive attack. But I think Thor knew he was on the ropes and had to end the battle. Again, I could be wrong.

Hulk was the only one to purge any of the entities on his own (See Fear Iteself: Hulk vs Dracula #3). So in that regard, he was more powerful. I don't know Nul's full range of capabilities to go any deeper. Hulk is seeking Strange's help. Whether it's just for some info or for an attack isn't known afaik.

You are not wrong buddy...this is Bada that we are talking about.

Good post by the way.

TheHulk
Perfect way of putting it. But obviously Carver Nul in your opinion maybe lower than WWH but as you say Nul is more versatile so will that cover the gap between them....

carver9
Originally posted by TheHulk
But obviously Carver Nul in your opinion maybe lower than WWH but as you say Nul is more versatile so will that cover the gap between them....

It probably could "until Hulk goes World Breaker". Nul might surprise me though and be more powerful than what I thought or what he has shown on panel.

But who would be the best person to up your power level against? The Hulk.

TheHulk
It probably could "until Hulk goes World Breaker". Nul might surprise me though and be more powerful than what I thought or what he has shown on panel.

But who would be the best person to up your power level against? The Hulk. You do know Hulk would not go WB mode....unless he wants to break the world....

carver9
You do know Hulk would not go WB mode....unless he wants to break the world....

I know...but he still is going to win though. It would be exciting watching it happen though.

TheHulk
I know...but he still is going to win though. It would be exciting watching it happen though. How does WWH win actually

carver9
How does WWH win actually

Over powering Nul and punching him to sleep.

TheHulk
Over powering Nul and punching him to sleep. Whether Hulk is stronger Nul does have hammer(does he still have it cause i did not see the issue where he escapes)and plus how bout the rage factor and plus we cant say his durability is that much weaker than WWH and hell I never seen hulk handled Thor blast like nothing unlike Nul did..

carver9
Whether Hulk is stronger Nul does have hammer(does he still have it cause i did not see the issue where he escapes)and plus how bout the rage factor and plus we cant say his durability is that much weaker than WWH and hell I never seen hulk handled Thor blast like nothing unlike Nul did..

Thor has never fought WWH at all and it was stated that Thor along with the Avengers doesn't a chance against WWH. Hulk tanking the same type of blast as the blast that Thor hit Nul with...I can see it happening. Lets not forget, Current Hulk fought Skaar who amped his strength to 100 trillion tons worth of force and he hit Hulk repeatedly and Hulk withstood it and basically toyed with him. Let's also not forget that Strange amped his power by Zom magic and pounded on Hulk and Hulk healed in seconds after this. Let's not forget that Sentry poured everything on Hulk energy output wise and Hulk endured it.

Zeus had to pound on a weaker Hulk to take him out of a fight, even after hitting him with a big a** lightning attack.

Hulk would have been ok after that attack. He might would have went flying like Nul did but he would have withstood it.

TheHulk
Thor has never fought WWH at all and it was stated that Thor along with the Avengers doesn't a chance against WWH. Hulk tanking the same type of blast as the blast that Thor hit Nul with...I can see it happening. Lets not forget, Current Hulk fought Skaar who amped his strength to 100 trillion tons worth of force and he hit Hulk repeatedly and Hulk withstood it and basically toyed with him. Let's also not forget that Strange amped his power by Zom magic and pounded on Hulk and Hulk healed in seconds after this. Let's not forget that Sentry poured everything on Hulk energy output wise and Hulk endured it.

Zeus had to pound on a weaker Hulk to take him out of a fight, even after hitting him with a big a** lightning attack.

Hulk would have been ok after that attack. He might would have went flying like Nul did but he would have withstood it. You make really points but...okay I concede... sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.