Favorite Legend of Zelda game

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cyner
Which of these is your favorite from the console LoZ games?

Digi
Ocarina. But it was also my first full Zelda experience. It was hard trying to go back to the 2D games after that.

Though according to what I know personally, and friends that I have that are a lot more into it than me, there's only 3 potential "right" answers here: Link to the Past, Ocarina, Twilight Princess. Not that the others aren't good, just not in the running for best.

BackFire
I'm gonna go with the original.

Cyner
Originally posted by Digi
Ocarina. But it was also my first full Zelda experience. It was hard trying to go back to the 2D games after that.

Though according to what I know personally, and friends that I have that are a lot more into it than me, there's only 3 potential "right" answers here: Link to the Past, Ocarina, Twilight Princess. Not that the others aren't good, just not in the running for best.

Not that Legend of Zelda has any bad games in it's series, but it seems to me that Twilight Princess is on the bottom of an amazing set of games.

Peach
As much as I love the original - it was essentially my introduction to gaming when I was a toddler - Ocarina is my favorite, and the one I've played the most.

ares834
Originally posted by Cyner
Not that Legend of Zelda has any bad games in it's series, but it seems to me that Twilight Princess is on the bottom of an amazing set of games.

Agreed. I love TP but it's my least favorite of the 3D Zelda games.

Anyway, OoT for me. Although WW is in a close second.

NemeBro
Majora's Mask. estahuh

Digi
I've played the original. And again, I played Ocarina first so maybe is was hard to regress, but it just doesn't really hold up. It set the stage, but I can't see how anyone can consider it the best. Most important historically, sure. But that's about it. I think saying anything else about it is just the nostalgia goggles talking.

The OP says "favorite" which is more subjective and less open to debate, but that's my take.

Originally posted by Cyner

Not quite sure how. It's basically Ocarina for the next generation console. To me it's the most polished of the bunch. Maybe not my favorite only because Ocarina was so far ahead of its time, but the most complete experience.

MrBlue1991
Ocarina of time it took me like 3 years to beat that game at times i got really pissed off so i wouldnt play it for days until i figured something out and i would waste alot of time chasing the chickens around or riding the horse and go fishing lol it was a hell of a game though but when i finally beat it i was happy as hell

Cyner
I still haven't voted, I'm really caught between LttP and MM

@Digi

my main issue with TP is that it actually had SO MUCH MORE potential than what happened in the game.

1) character development
The story introduces all these characters and none are properly developed at all. The main example being Ilia, Link's best friend from childhood and we know next to nothing about her. The game tried too many times to evoke emotional responses due to the perils of characters I don't care about.

2) item usage

way too many items only had use inside of the dungeon where you get them and outside they are totally useless. main culprits being the Spinner, Dominion Rod, and Ball and Chain

3) gimmicks and artificial game extension

Fetch quests and wolf form, all day long. I shouldn't even have to explain this

4) gameplay

yes the OoT model has been good to us, but it's time to upgrade the combat system PLEASE

uh... that's it for now... but TP needed some work.

Darth Jello
I Don't know how i'll feel about skyward sword but I think Twilight Princess is probably my favorite game ever. It took everything in Ocarina and made it darker and better and revealed more about Hyrule's bloody past. Despite the artwork, I hope Skyward Sword is just as dark.

kgkg
A Link To The Past

BloodRawEngine
Don't really have a favorite, but I do have least favorites; Majora's Mask headlining that list.

Impediment
As of right now, my favorite entry in the Legend of Zelda series is still Ocarina of Time.

Since I'm not a handheld gamer, I have never played any of the Gameboy games, even though I would like to.

I'm about to go to Gamestop right now and pick up my copy of Skyward Sword. Maybe after a week of playing this game I will have a new opinion.

Maybe.

Ilioulos
The first Zelda for Nintendo. That brings back memories.

Smasandian
I liked Link's Awakening the most. The reason is because it was the first one.

Impediment
I truly hope that the Wii Virtual console will port some of the hand held games into the library.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by kgkg
A Link To The Past

Darth Jello
Oracles should definitely be a porting priority since it's collectively the single most massive Zelda game and requires the most hours to collect everything.

Cyner
Oracles was definitely a fun set. Honestly the only LoZ game that I don't like so far is Phantom Hourglass. I've played past the third dungeon on Spirit Tracks and that game is decently fun. I'll probably finish it after I'm done with Skyward Sword.

BloodRawEngine
I liked the Oracle games myself. I hadn't been able to play much of the expanded adventure through the connectivity, mostly sinceit just came off as being too ****ing confusing at times. On another note, while I think the Oracles had, collectively, an underwhelming soundtrack, I'd say it's one of my favorite ending themes in a Zelda 2D or 3D.

General Kaliero
The Oracle games didn't have much of a soundtrack, but the gameplay and complete package was so good you wouldn't even know it wasn't Nintendo if not for Capcom's logo in the intro.

Cyner
Originally posted by General Kaliero
The Oracle games didn't have much of a soundtrack, but the gameplay and complete package was so good you wouldn't even know it wasn't Nintendo if not for Capcom's logo in the intro.

well most of the resources for it are pulled from Link's awakening so it would have been difficult to mess up but both were really good and really fun. The best part is that with the codes you don't have to hook up gameboys and thus you can even bring your game across if you're using a computer to play them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.