Ares vs Steppenwolf

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CosmicComet
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/2c/Aresherc.png

vs.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070304082744/marvel_dc/images/1/15/Steppenwolf.jpg

nfactor1995
I'd like to know who wins this

deathslash
Ares takes this more often than not.

Zack M
Steppenwolf is in a different weight class than Ares. He wins every time.

zopzop
Originally posted by Zack M
Steppenwolf is in a different weight class than Ares. He wins every time.
I know very little about Steppenwolf, but what I do know of Ares makes me believe your statement is correct. A bloodlusted Aunt May could possibly take out Ares.

DarkSaint85
He was such a disappointment, especially after his introductory mini.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
He was such a disappointment, especially after his introductory mini.

His mini was so awesome. Same goes foe phobos...they couldve surpassed the asgardians

deathslash
Steppenwolf is in a different weight class than Ares. He wins every time. steppenwolf got oneshotted by a failed Superman clone.

Ares walked off getting punched repeatedly by the maestro and even managed to briefly floor him.

Adam Grimes
Steppenwolf's best feat was killing featless E2 WW with a cheap shot. He was a loser.

Zack M
Originally posted by deathslash
steppenwolf got oneshotted by a failed Superman clone.

Ares walked off getting punched repeatedly by the maestro and even managed to briefly floor him.

Brutale would own Ares, too. And Steppenwolf has the gear advantage and a weapon to one--shot top tiers.

deathslash
Brutale would own Ares, too. And Steppenwolf has the gear advantage and a weapon to one--shot top tiers. Stabbing Sentry during a fight>>>>killing a featless "top tier" with a backstab. Also, Ares decapitated an alternative reality version of the hulk. Try again.

Zack M
Stabbing Sentry during a fight>>>>killing a featless "top tier" with a backstab. Also, Ares decapitated an alternative reality version of the hulk. Try again.

How is Ares going to stab Steppenwolf when he has a Mother Box? Like I said, Steppenwolf has the gear advantage.

deathslash
How is Ares going to stab Steppenwolf when he has a Mother Box? Like I said, Steppenwolf has the gear advantage. and the motherbox did what for steppenwolf when he got ripped in half?

Adam Grimes
It made him explode lmao

-K-M-
Not sure how wolf came back after his "death" perhaps darkseid brought him back maybe

h1a8
steppenwolf got oneshotted by a failed Superman clone.

Ares walked off getting punched repeatedly by the maestro and even managed to briefly floor him. That's called the lowball-highball trolling con game. Using that tactic, you can make a case for almost anyone to beat almost anyone. Just use the lowest showings for one character against the highest of another. For example, Thing survived hits from Gladiator, who busted a planet while Superman got koed by a gas station. Thus Thing wins.
This is a form of trolling tbh.
Quanchi did this all the time.

Zack M
Yeah, Sentry ripped Ares in half. LMAO. At least Steppenwolf is still alive.

deathslash
Originally posted by h1a8
That's called the lowball-highball trolling con game. Using that tactic, you can make a case for almost anyone to beat almost anyone. Just use the lowest showings for one character against the highest of another. For example, Thing survived hits from Gladiator, who busted a planet while Superman got koed by a gas station. Thus Thing wins.
This is a form of trolling tbh.
Quanchi did this all the time. alright then. Let's compare their deaths.

Steppenwolf got oneshotted and ripped in half by an honest to God failed clone of Superman. Meanwhile, Ares got ripped in half after a short fight with an insane Sentry and even managed to land a good hit.

Now let's compare their fights and feats.

Steppenwolf killed an alternate reality version of Wonder Woman by stabbing her in the back. Ares killed an alternate reality version of the hulk by decapitation when he turned around. Ares smacked X-man around, evenly fought Hercules, knocked out Wonder Man (with a cheap shot I admit), evenly fought Skaar, walked off getting punched repeatedly by The Maestro and managed to briefly floor him (Maestro then oneshotted Gamora and Iron Man a few moments later BTW), and has casually chopped through suit of Iron Man armor.
Yeah, Sentry ripped Ares in half. LMAO. At least Steppenwolf is still alive. I'm not sure if you're trolling or just stupid, but Ares came back to life nearly two years ago.

Zack M
The Superman clone (Brutale) does not equal Ares. Ares is MUCH weaker. Again, how is Ares going to win?

deathslash
The Superman clone (Brutale) does not equal Ares. Ares is MUCH weaker. Again, how is Ares going to win? good thing Ares had a far better showing against an insane Superman clone than Steppenwolf did.

Is Steppenwolf now immune to physical damage? He sure as hell wasn't when Brutale murdered him.

Zack M
good thing Ares had a far better showing against an insane Superman clone than Steppenwolf did.

Is Steppenwolf now immune to physical damage? He sure as hell wasn't when Brutale murdered him.

Mother Box would heal any damage that is brought upon by Ares. Plus, Steppenwolf has way more experience and a better weapon. Ares is not even close to Brutale.

deathslash
Mother Box would heal any damage that is brought upon by Ares. Plus, Steppenwolf has way more experience and a better weapon. Ares is not even close to Brutale. *says it would heal any damage*
*Didn't protect him when he got killed*
*says he has a better weapon*
*Said weapon has only cut one character of note*
*Says he has more experience*
*No feats to back that claim up*
*Says he isn't even close to Brutale*
*Ignores that the guy that killed Ares is definitely above Brutale*

*Probably gonna ignore this post in favor of more trolling*
*Probably gonna try to bury this post under a mountain of posts that are more rediculous than the last*

It's like you're not even trying.

Zack M
I said heal from attacks, not bringing someone back from the dead. Doesn't matter, because Ares can't kill New Gods.

deathslash
I said heal from attacks, not bringing someone back from the dead. Doesn't matter, because Ares can't kill New Gods. how's it gonna heal him when he loses his head like the hulk or gets impaled like sentry? Do you have some scans of him powering through pain like Ares does?

*Makes a broad statement centered around the entirety of the New Gods*
*Says they can't be killed by the guy with and axe that can cut Namor, Hulk, Sentry, and Hercules*
*Ignores that steppenwolf has been casually ripped in half*

I think I'm done with you.

Zack M
how's it gonna heal him when he loses his head like the hulk or gets impaled like sentry? Do you have some scans of him powering through pain like Ares does?

*Makes a broad statement centered around the entirety of the New Gods*
*Says they can't be killed by the guy with and axe that can cut Namor, Hulk, Sentry, and Hercules*
*Ignores that steppenwolf has been casually ripped in half*

I think I'm done with you.

Steppenwolf has other defenses like BFR and force fields. Ares doesn't. That still doesn't tell me how Ares beats him. You can do better.

deathslash
Steppenwolf has other defenses like BFR and force fields. Ares doesn't. That still doesn't tell me how Ares beats him. You can do better. bfr that he's never used. Force fields that he's never used.

You can't honestly be this dense. By cutting off his head.

Zack M
He used it in earth 2. Steppenwolf is a top tier warrior. Ares is a loser.

zopzop
Ares is a loser.
thumb up People need to understand this.

deathslash
He used it in earth 2. Steppenwolf is a top tier warrior. Ares is a loser. prove it or don't say it.

Biased statements don't change that Ares wins. Steppenwolf doesn't have any parademons to hide behind and he won't get that extremely cowardly backstab off in this fight. Deal with it.

Zack M
Steppenwolf doesn't need any Parademons. He owned The Flash (Who was speed blitzing him) and managed to one-shot him. He also owned Earth 2 defenses.

h1a8
alright then. Let's compare their deaths.

Steppenwolf got oneshotted and ripped in half by an honest to God failed clone of Superman. Meanwhile, Ares got ripped in half after a short fight with an insane Sentry and even managed to land a good hit.

Now let's compare their fights and feats.

Steppenwolf killed an alternate reality version of Wonder Woman by stabbing her in the back. Ares killed an alternate reality version of the hulk by decapitation when he turned around. Ares smacked X-man around, evenly fought Hercules, knocked out Wonder Man (with a cheap shot I admit), evenly fought Skaar, walked off getting punched repeatedly by The Maestro and managed to briefly floor him (Maestro then oneshotted Gamora and Iron Man a few moments later BTW), and has casually chopped through suit of Iron Man armor.
I'm not sure if you're trolling or just stupid, but Ares came back to life nearly two years ago. That's a lot better. Thank you.

P.S. The Superman clone is above Ares, so that argument holds no water.

deathslash
Steppenwolf doesn't need any Parademons. He owned The Flash (Who was speed blitzing him) and managed to one-shot him. He also owned Earth 2 defenses. still haven't proven that he will go for a bfr.

Scans of this occurence? Hell, I'd be fine with just the issue number.

What have E2 defenses done exactly?
Originally posted by h1a8
That's a lot better. Thank you.

P.S. The Superman clone is above Ares, so that argument holds no water. don't mix up my message. At no point in time was I even implying that Ares is on the level of Brutale. But we do have a direct comparison between how Ares did against his superman clone and how Steppenwolf did against his. I think you'll find that Ares undeniably did better.

In addition, most of Golgo's previous posts boiled down to "well Ares isn't as strong as that superman clone, so he can't win". That's what I was arguing, by showing that Ares actually had a fight to the death (among many other noteworthy feats) and didn't get oneshotted by his enemy (unlike the guy that Golgo's rooting for).

Moreover, Golgo went on to prove that he's biased by posting his thoughts on Ares rather than the straight facts.

Zack M
still haven't proven that he will go for a bfr.

Scans of this occurence? Hell, I'd be fine with just the issue number.

What have E2 defenses done exactly?
don't mix up my message. At no point in time was I even implying that Ares is on the level of Brutale. But we do have a direct comparison between how Ares did against his superman clone and how Steppenwolf did against his. I think you'll find that Ares undeniably did better.

In addition, most of Golgo's previous posts boiled down to "well Ares isn't as strong as that superman clone, so he can't win". That's what I was arguing, by showing that Ares actually had a fight to the death (among many other noteworthy feats) and didn't get oneshotted by his enemy (unlike the guy that Golgo's rooting for).

Moreover, Golgo went on to prove that he's biased by posting his thoughts on Ares rather than the straight facts.

I don't see why you even brought up those examples. Steppenwolf is a different beast entirely. With better gear than Thing, Namor, etc... Not even close. Here are the scans. Flash won, of course, but this feat puts Wolf above Ares. Ares can't take hits from Flash.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/retroactive-steppenwolf-vs-flash-bart-round-2-no-g-1542109/

deathslash
I don't see why you even brought up those examples. Steppenwolf is a different beast entirely. With better gear than Thing, Namor, etc... Not even close. Here are the scans. Flash won, of course, but this feat puts Wolf above Ares. Ares can't take hits from Flash.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/retroactive-steppenwolf-vs-flash-bart-round-2-no-g-1542109/ good thing Ares has fought evenly with Iron Man, bloodied blue marvel, and tanked shots from Doom.

*takes hits from the Maestro*
*Apparently can't take hits from the flash*
*Takes hits from Hercules*
*Can't take hits from the flash*
*Takes hits from sentry*
*Takes hits from Namor*

Are you high right now?
Also, isn't that post crisis Steppenwolf?

Zack M
Steppenwolf took on an entire team, including Flash and you bring up Iron Man. laughing out loud

Zack M
Btw, only one Steppenwolf. New Gods are special.

deathslash
Steppenwolf took on an entire team, including Flash and you bring up Iron Man. laughing out loud and when did this happen? Scans? Issue number?

Btw, only one Steppenwolf. New Gods are special. except for how their history and motivations were clearly changed as of the new 52.

Zack M
Can't change the characters, dude. All one, especially Rebirth. Same issue.

vansonbee
I thought almost ever God out there would stump on Ares, but here it looks like Steppenwolf is bottom-feeder of jobbing here.

Just hope JL movie give him a truly fearsome introduction to the New Gods.

Zack M
Originally posted by vansonbee
I thought almost ever God out there would stump on Ares, but here it looks like Steppenwolf is bottom-feeder of jobbing here.

Who has he jobbed to??

carver9
Originally posted by vansonbee

Yep. He get trimmed in half by Ares ax or one punched.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.