Green Lantern VS Invisible Woman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wildernesss
Green Lantern VS Invisible Woman

No prep. no bfr. current Hal. invisible woman enters the fight invisible,with shields up, & not holding back whatsoever.

who wins?

DarkSaint85
Does...Hal know he's in a fight???

wildernesss
yes

snowdragon
I'm not sure even with the reboot IW can beat Hal, what's she going to do put a bubble in his brain, probably not.

wildernesss
IW isn't holding back. like I already said in the op.

carver9
I wonder how this fight would turn out if we use "this" invisible woman.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/412/46339003ha3.jpg/

wildernesss
i don't like clicking links, so can you say what the image show?

carver9
It's Invisible Woman with the Unipower. Why don't you like clicking links?

JakeTheBank
Hal has the ring locate Susan.

Hal's firepower breaches her defenses.

Hal wins 10/10.

wildernesss
Originally posted by JakeTheBank

Hal wins 10/10.

lolz, cuz IW isn't just going to brain bubble hal while the ring attempts to find her.

bonus lolz... did you read the infinity war? do you realize what susan was able to stop with her shields in the opening issues?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by wildernesss
lolz, cuz IW isn't just going to brain bubble hal while the ring attempts to find her.

bonus lolz... did you read the infinity war? do you realize what susan was able to stop with her shields in the opening issues?

Lolz because Hal's ring isn't going to shield him from that avenue of attack.

Bonus lolz...do you know what Hal Jordan is capable of with his power ring?

Susan has a long way to go before beating a competent Green Lantern for the majority, if at all.

wildernesss
Lolz because Hal's ring isn't going to shield him from that avenue of attack.

Bonus lolz...do you know what Hal Jordan is capable of with his power ring?

Susan has a long way to go before beating a competent Green Lantern for the majority, if at all.

hal shields aren't always active...& no, I don't think his shields would prevent a focused brain bubble or cutting off his oxygen supply; a focused brain bubble would bypass his shields & manifest within the shields, not without. almost a teleportation type attack. susan's constructs are stronger than hal's.

I know that susan's shields have taken the hulk's hits and thor's blasts without any hint of damage.

also, were talking about current hal btw. pre-reboot feats don't count. hal loses.

Prep-Man
hal.

wildernesss
how? she is one of the only beings to rupture the shell of a Celestial. current or pre-reboot hal would pop like a balloon.

JakeTheBank
hal shields aren't always active...& no, I don't think his shields would prevent a focused brain bubble or cutting off his oxygen supply; a focused brain bubble would bypass his shields & manifest within the shields, not without. almost a teleportation type attack. susan's constructs are stronger than hal's.

I know that susan's shields have taken the hulk's hits and thor's blasts without any hint of damage.

also, were talking about current hal btw. pre-reboot feats don't count. hal loses.

His shields have stopped worse.

Her constructs are stronger than Hal's? Based on what?

Thor nearly overpowered her shields and she said the strain of stopping him was nearly too much. For that matter, Hulk and Thor alike would do the same to a Green Lantern's shields, given the opportunity.

Current Hal is essentially the same Hal that's been penned by Geoff Johns for the past several years. That Hal is solidly High Herald and is beyond Susan, brain attacks or no.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Hal Jordan.

When was this?

carver9
Here shields is powerful but hits from heavy hitters fatigues her.

http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/2215/62635759rn1.th.jpghttp://img123.imageshack.us/img123/7906/25658580pt4.th.jpghttp://img68.imageshack.us/img68/6296/17799223ho6.th.jpghttp://img507.imageshack.us/img507/5559/47202975iz2.th.jpg

Rage.Of.Olympus
It took 3 hits from Gladiator to take down her force field despite the psychic interference.

Now what hammer wielding Asgardian did it in in two? mhmm

wildernesss
His shields have stopped worse.

Her constructs are stronger than Hal's? Based on what?

Thor nearly overpowered her shields and she said the strain of stopping him was nearly too much. For that matter, Hulk and Thor alike would do the same to a Green Lantern's shields, given the opportunity.

Current Hal is essentially the same Hal that's been penned by Geoff Johns for the past several years. That Hal is solidly High Herald and is beyond Susan, brain attacks or no.

for starters, how about rupturing the shell of a Celestial. could Hal top that feat with his constructs? no.

so what if he is high herald & beyond susan in your opinon? he doesn't get a forum win by default because of his herald status. beleive it or not, he actually has to be able to defeat susan when she is not holding back at all. a focused brain bubble would bypass hal's shields as his shields essentially create a thin membrane of protection over the outside of his body. a focused brain bubble attack from within is essentially a teleported construct which would expand from within. a construct capable of rupturing a Celestial's shell. hal loses, high herald or not.

wildernesss
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
It took 3 hits from Gladiator to take down her force field despite the psychic interference.

Now what hammer wielding Asgardian did it in in two? mhmm

she could have used a brain bubble on gladiator before he ever got to the third punch.

Blair Wind
laughing

wildernesss
a Celestial's shell > gladiator

carver9
So we are using nothing but high showings for her but disregarding high showings for Hal.

Blair Wind
I'm pretty sure there was PIS surrounding that event - something about her energy being attuned to Celestial's. It shouldn't be taken as an overall example of her power if their weakness was her strength. It's less about her power and more about her tactical advantage against that one specific type of character.

JakeTheBank
for starters, how about rupturing the shell of a Celestial. could Hal top that feat with his constructs? no.

so what if he is high herald & beyond susan in your opinon? he doesn't get a forum win by default because of his herald status. beleive it or not, he actually has to be able to defeat susan when she is not holding back at all. a focused brain bubble would bypass hal's shields as his shields essentially create a thin membrane of protection over the outside of his body. a focused brain bubble attack from within is essentially a teleported construct which would expand from within. a construct capable of rupturing a Celestial's shell. hal loses, high herald or not.

Krona Buster. Hal had summoned enough willpower to override not just the ring's "no Guardian killing" perogative, but managed to shoot Krona in spite of him being in control of Ion, y'know, the entity whose energy comes from all the willpower in the universe.

Further more, you realize the context of Susan rupturing the shell of a Celestial? I hope to God you do.

Not my opinion, but fact, really. He gets the win based off of his feats and capabilities, which frankly, shit on Invisible Woman. Believe it or not, Susan actually has to deal with one of the greatest Green Lanterns of all time. Any of the four Earth Lanterns merc Susan, all of which with various degrees of ease, and that's whether she's blood lusted or not.

It would be a great idea if you actually researched some of the characters you pit against one another instead of just randomly throwing them in threads.

wildernesss
Krona Buster. Hal had summoned enough willpower to override not just the ring's "no Guardian killing" perogative, but managed to shoot Krona in spite of him being in control of Ion, y'know, the entity whose energy comes from all the willpower in the universe.

Further more, you realize the context of Susan rupturing the shell of a Celestial? I hope to God you do.

Not my opinion, but fact, really. He gets the win based off of his feats and capabilities, which frankly, shit on Invisible Woman. Believe it or not, Susan actually has to deal with one of the greatest Green Lanterns of all time. Any of the four Earth Lanterns merc Susan, all of which with various degrees of ease, and that's whether she's blood lusted or not.

It would be a great idea if you actually researched some of the characters you pit against one another instead of just randomly throwing them in threads.

that feat is PIS of the highest order. either Krona was completely incompetant with the Ion entity, or it is PIS. otherwise this feat basically claims that hal has more willpower than the entire universe. if this were so, and this feat was representative of hal's power, he would be unmatched and unrivaled....basically the Spectre's (with full presence) equal. we know this is not so, because batman beats hal up sometimes.

And I sure do know the context of susan rupturing the Celestial's shell....
& it is a hell of a lot more legitimate than the feat you listed. attempts to diminish that feat are ridiculous & coming across as grasping at straws. there is no trickery or overt PIS involved in that feat. susan's energy
was a vibrational match of sorts to the Celestial. so what? In the sane vein, why don't we throw out your GL feat because Krona's energy was specifically weak against hal's vibrational frequency?? susan's feat is still a incredible feat no matter how you decide to frame it. thor, at his best could only dent a Celestial's armor.

and it would be great if you, likewise, researched the characters you so
rapidly decree below the formidability of some character, who by virtue of bestowed status is entitled to an automatic win. IW wins this, I don't give a crap if you don't agree. nothing could prevent her from bypassing hal's shields & expanding a force bubble. and hal couldn't penetrate her shields before she does. period.

JakeTheBank
that feat is PIS of the highest order. either Krona was completely incompetant with the Ion entity, or it is PIS. otherwise this feat basically claims that hal has more willpower than the entire universe. if this were so, and this feat was representative of hal's power, he would be unmatched and unrivaled....basically the Spectre's (with full presence) equal. we know this is not so, because batman beats hal up sometimes.

And I sure do know the context of susan rupturing the Celestial's shell....
& it is a hell of a lot more legitimate than the feat you listed. attempts to diminish that feat are ridiculous & coming across as grasping at straws. there is no trickery or overt PIS involved in that feat. susan's energy
was a vibrational match of sorts to the Celestial. so what? it's still a incredible feat no matter how you decide to frame it. thor, at his best could only dent a Celestial's armor.

and it would be great if you, likewise, researched the characters you so
rapidly decree below the formidability of some character, who by virtue of bestowed status is entitled to an automatic win. IW wins this, I don't give a crap if you don't agree. nothing could prevent her from bypassing hal's shields & expanding a force bubble. and hal couldn't penetrate her shields before she does. period.

baka

So, basically, what you're saying here is that Susan's feat is legitimate and as such valid when determining her power output but Hal's is not because you deem it PIS, even though power rings have a storied history of going far beyond the norm when the situation calls for it.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee148/theguitarhero1/Heath%20Ledger/joker-14.gif

Riiiiight....

Moving on, Hal wins this not just because he's a high herald. He wins this because of his feats which trump Susan's as a whole. She's invisible to the naked eye? So what? Power ring finds her. She puts up shields? So what? Power ring busts through her defenses. She goes for bubble in the brain? So what? Hal's power ring shields him from that avenue of attack.

It's a good thing you don't give a crap about how I don't agree with your arbitrarily declaring Susan the winner in your thread based off of nothing substantial.

Read some Green Lantern.

wildernesss
baka

So, basically, what you're saying here is that Susan's feat is legitimate and as such valid when determining her power output but Hal's is not because you deem it PIS, even though power rings have a storied history of going far beyond the norm when the situation calls for it.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee148/theguitarhero1/Heath%20Ledger/joker-14.gif

Riiiiight....

Moving on, Hal wins this not just because he's a high herald. He wins this because of his feats which trump Susan's as a whole. She's invisible to the naked eye? So what? Power ring finds her. She puts up shields? So what? Power ring busts through her defenses. She goes for bubble in the brain? So what? Hal's power ring shields him from that avenue of attack.

It's a good thing you don't give a crap about how I don't agree with your arbitrarily declaring Susan the winner in your thread based off of nothing substantial.

Read some Green Lantern.

no, I'm saying hal's feat is overt PIS for obvious reasons...while susan's
feat is a more legimate feat which must ALSO have the circumstances taken into consideration when determing her power level. obviously she doesn't get full credit since her frequency match was a significant factor. it is still an awesome display of power regardless of that. In the same vein, even if hal's feat wasn't utter PIS...krona's weakness against hal could be attributed to a weakness against hal's vibration frequency. a plot devise not unlike susan's feat. too bad the PIS came first.

you have a lot of "so whats?" there....too bad they don't see the forest for the trees. hal's shields create a protective membrane covering the OUTSIDE of his body. his internal body, brain, etc, is not protected by his
shields; his shields would be useless against a construct generated within his body. that's exactly what susan can do while simutaneously cutting off his air supply to further ensure the win while he attempts to locate her. it's unlikely hal would even locate her before she decideds to end the fight.

there's nothing arbitrary about that. you want me to read more gl? take your own advice & read more about susan. try the future foundation. now that's an awesome book.

cdtm
In addition to the Krona buster, Hal also put a hurting on Zero Hour Parallax.

Bentley
Hal beats her silly, no contest.

Hal would beat her and Super Skrull at the same time.

DarkSaint85
Hal wins.

Sure, you could argue that the ring given to him by Sinestro is weaker. (maybe it has no auto-defences?) But I don't buy it.

So it is essentially pre-reboot Hal against IW. Nothing about it seems to have changed. And whilst you may say that the auto-shields only protect the outside of the body, seeing as they also protect against telepathic attacks, I can't see why they won't protect against the bubbles.

Her invisibility is cancelled out by the ring. Her Celestial busting attack is cancelled out by her exploiting a specific weakness (no one here will argue for Metallo, for example, in a fistfight with Captain Marvel). So it boils down to her defence, which I can see HAl overwhelming.

wildernesss
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Hal wins.

Sure, you could argue that the ring given to him by Sinestro is weaker. (maybe it has no auto-defences?) But I don't buy it.

So it is essentially pre-reboot Hal against IW. Nothing about it seems to have changed. And whilst you may say that the auto-shields only protect the outside of the body, seeing as they also protect against telepathic attacks, I can't see why they won't protect against the bubbles.

Her invisibility is cancelled out by the ring. Her Celestial busting attack is cancelled out by her exploiting a specific weakness (no one here will argue for Metallo, for example, in a fistfight with Captain Marvel). So it boils down to her defence, which I can see HAl overwhelming.

a telepathic attack is easily blocked through hal's external shields the same way magneto's helmet provides psi-shielding; it's still an attack originating from an external source & attempting to enter the same way;
it's a far cry from susan's hyperspace based power which doesn't have to penetrate or go through anything. she can literally warp hyperspace to the point where her constructs pop up anywhere she wants, including from the inside out of an object. hal should be worried about his own defence as susan (not holding back) could end the fight long before her shield's are down.

even if you disregard the celestial feat, susan has shielded herself from attacks from galactus & even managed to do minor damage to him. basically, if this is a race to see if hal can locate & destroy her shields before she brain bubbles him.... i'm not betting on hal.

DarkSaint85
a telepathic attack is easily blocked through hal's external shields the same way magneto's helmet provides psi-shielding; it's still an attack originating from an external source & attempting to enter the same way;
it's a far cry from susan's hyperspace based power which doesn't have to penetrate or go through anything. she can literally warp hyperspace to the point where her constructs pop up anywhere she wants, including from the inside out of an object. hal should be worried about his own defence as susan (not holding back) could end the fight long before her shield's are down.

even if you disregard the celestial feat, susan has shielded herself from attacks from galactus & even managed to do minor damage to him. basically, if this is a race to see if hal can locate & destroy her shields before she brain bubbles him.... I'm not betting on hal.

Omni-directional blast? If he knows she's invisible, he could go invisible as well, putting her at a massive disadvantage as she can't detect him. I know Kyle has done this before, Hal more than likely could do the same (utrn invisible, that is).

Fly up into the air, then drop a fire-truck on her. I know she has tanked blows from harder hits, but this is done without her seeing Hal.

Or dig the ground out from under her.

Or encase her in a box, then extract all the oxygen out from it.

cdtm
Hal could go intangible, too.

ColossusGrundy
360 degree attack from Hal

He finds her.

Then he puts her down like Old Yeller.

-Pr-

Hal wins 10/10.

Generally yeah; if this is pre-reboot Hal. The ring would detect any attack on him (and find her no problem), and he'd be able to deal with it quick enough.

Not to mention that a brain bubble isn't really in character.

Badabing
Hal puts a construct bubble in Sue's head ftw. no expression

Parmaniac
Originally posted by -Pr-
Not to mention that a brain bubble isn't really in character. If she isn't holding back it actually would be.

Not saying she wins though.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Parmaniac
If she isn't holding back it actually would be.

Not saying she wins though.

I honestly don't agree. No holding back doesn't turn someone in to a killer; it just makes them more determined to win imo.

DarkSaint85
I honestly don't agree. No holding back doesn't turn someone in to a killer; it just makes them more determined to win imo.

Agreed.

As an example, Superman races against the Flash. The Flash, under my stips, 'is not holding back'.

This doesn't mean he kills Superman, only that he is more determined to win within character.....

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by carver9
Here shields is powerful but hits from heavy hitters fatigues her.

http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/2215/62635759rn1.th.jpghttp://img123.imageshack.us/img123/7906/25658580pt4.th.jpghttp://img68.imageshack.us/img68/6296/17799223ho6.th.jpghttp://img507.imageshack.us/img507/5559/47202975iz2.th.jpg

She says in that her shields can hold the Hulk, and should have been able to hold Gladiator, but culdnt due to the psychic feedback he was generating.

But In any case shes not herald level. GL wins 10/10.

-Pr-
Agreed.

As an example, Superman races against the Flash. The Flash, under my stips, 'is not holding back'.

This doesn't mean he kills Superman, only that he is more determined to win within character.....

Plus, it's Hal Jordan. If it was Doom and he'd just murdered Franklin or something, then yeah, I could see her doing some crazy, lethal shit. Hal is an unknown to her, and it falls under the CIP rule to an extent.

JakeTheBank
Plus, it's Hal Jordan.

Which means Susan is susceptible to being seduced by him.

-Pr-
Which means Susan is susceptible to being seduced by him.

mmm

Well played. He totally could too.

ColossusGrundy
Hal creates a flyboy jacket and wears it in front of her. She forgets Reed and her inhibitions.

Score Hal.

Bentley
As if seducing Sue was a big deal...

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Bentley
As if seducing Sue was a big deal...

Does what Namor and T'Challa couldn't. And Doom wishes.

-Pr-
Does what Namor and T'Challa couldn't. And Doom wishes.

Namor's an arrogant dick, and T'Challa reads books on his honeymoon. Not exactly the cream of the PIMP crop, there.

DarkSaint85
Namor's an arrogant dick, and T'Challa reads books on his honeymoon. Not exactly the cream of the PIMP crop, there.

That's where I've been going wrong in my choice of pimp models...

Bentley
Also, Doom doesn't get laid often enough.

Sue hasn't slept with Namor because of PIS stick out tongue

DarkSaint85
Also, Doom doesn't get laid often enough.

Sue hasn't slept with Namor because of PIS stick out tongue

I thought it was CIS, myself......

Bentley
Nah, CIS is the reason she stays with Reed with all the time he takes her for granted.

-Pr-
Nah, CIS is the reason she stays with Reed with all the time he takes her for granted.

he probably built her the world's greatest vibrator or something.

Konton
My vote goes to Hal still, but Sue can definitely take some wins after being able to shield from that Celestial blast. Especially since the Celestials somewhat casually merged and rocked Galactus in the same issue.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.