Thor vs Hulk- Brute strength

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Damborgson
Thor takes on WWH without Mjolnir or any other abilities. Only his fists.

Hulk's healing factor is disabled. Hulk can amp but not go WB.

Who wins?

JakeTheBank
Hulk, eventually in a typical fight.

If Thor was sufficiently motivated or pissed off though, Hulk being unable to heal would be a huge obstacle for him to get over.

carver9
Hhhmmm...Hulks healing factor IS his durability but WWH is stronger than Thor by quite a bit. Don't know who wins this. Thor is the better fighter and I believe he could land the most licks so I'm giving it to Thor.

psycho gundam
already happened on-panel in the classic epic hulk #300. he had his healing factor but thor had mjolnir and even used lightning this time so it's fair.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by carver9
Hhhmmm...Hulks healing factor IS his durability

Eh?

carver9
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Eh?

It is. His skin is resistant but Thor hits would take its toll.

Mindset
Eh? It actually makes sense.

JakeTheBank
It is. His skin is resistant but Thor hits would take its toll.

I believe Hulk has his own defined - roughly speaking of course - level of durability (ie stuff he can endure without injury/harm) as well as a healing factor to heal him from stuff he can't outright no sell.

At least, I see a distinction between the two.

carver9
I believe Hulk has his own defined - roughly speaking of course - level of durability (ie stuff he can endure without injury/harm) as well as a healing factor to heal him from stuff he can't outright no sell.

At least, I see a distinction between the two.

I believe he is durable as well but I have seen him injured by well placed blows. The only reason it doesn't affect him as much is, his healing factor heals him immediately.

psycho gundam
yeah, no

Mindset
Originally posted by psycho gundam
Carver is right and I respect and look up to him.

iceman24567
carver is right actually *shrug

quanchi112
Originally posted by Mindset
Psycho only came out of the alleys of Hulk fandom after Carver paved the streets in blood.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by quanchi112
Psycho only came out of the alleys of Hulk fandom after Carver paved the streets in blood. i see you opened the gift i left you. stay salty

carver hopped on this thread quick-fast, so i have to now do damage control in his wake as usual. i think he's a plant in the universal church of gamma

dmills
i see you opened the gift i left you. stay salty

carver hopped on this thread quick-fast, so i have to now do damage control in his wake as usual. i think he's a plant in the universal church of gamma

laughing out loud Sad but true. Glad I don't have that problem.

psycho gundam
cause you're the only dick rider on kmc thumb up

dmills
cause you're the only dick rider on kmc thumb up

laughing Nah, there's two or three of us.

psycho gundam
you guys fight over dick in pm's i bet

Mindset
I have no idea what's going on anymore.

cdtm
Hm.. Without healing factor, Thor wins, with ease.

dmills

cause you're the only dick rider on kmc thumb up Originally posted by dmills
laughing Nah, there's two or three of us. Originally posted by psycho gundam
you guys fight over dick in pm's i bet

Psycho's warming up to the idea of being in the middle of our bukkake.

psycho gundam

TheHulk
Hulk eventually.....after a long fight......and a painful one

ozz81
thors got potential to win this i reckon it will probably end up like that battle with savage hulk, also people often forget how strong thor really is: he dragged the 9 realms/worlds once which wouldve weighed heaps like billions of tonns ....

janus77
Hulk wins. brute strength, instant amping, should crush Thor without Thor doing much damage in return (Thor depends upon mjolnir to stay in a fight with Savage Hulk, much less more powerful incarnations).

Naija boy
Wwh wins. He is still stronger than Thor and will only continue to get stronger than him as the match goes on. As he becomes stronger, he will also become more durable....contrary to carvers twisted thinking in an attempt to make himself look unbiased, wwh is not wolverine and so his hf is not his only source of durability

TheHulk
Originally posted by Naija boy
Wwh wins. He is still stronger than Thor and will only continue to get stronger than him as the match goes on. As he becomes stronger, he will also become more durable....contrary to carvers twisted thinking in an attempt to make himself look unbiased, wwh is not wolverine and so his hf is not his only source of durability HAHAHAHAHAHA LOL AT YOUR COMMENT TO CARVER HAHAHA

DarkSaint85
Thor wins. He'll do to WWH what the Gamma Corps did to him, only he will finish the job.

TheHulk
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Thor wins. He'll do to WWH what the Gamma Corps did to him, only he will finish the job. I'm starting to think you actually hate the Hulk in other words Anit-Hulk

DarkSaint85
Did you read Gamma Corps? The only thing saving Hulk there was his healing factor, if I remember correctly.

TheHulk
Did you read Gamma Corps? The only thing saving Hulk there was his healing factor, if I remember correctly. Lol!!! So??? that's the case for every character.

Wolverine without adamantium bones he gets crushed more easily(likes hulks rage factor)

Spider Man Without agility he would be sh*t(like hulk HEALING FACTOR)

Silver Surfer without power of cosmic his beyond useless(like hulks gamma power)

SamZED
Hulk gets no HF for this fight.

TheHulk
Originally posted by SamZED
Hulk gets no HF for this fight. I realise that

SamZED
Oh ok. Thought you didnt notice the OP and was arguing that there's nothing wrong with it keeping him in the fight.

Sorry, nvrmnd.

DarkSaint85
Lol so....without his healing factor, he's not coming back from having his neck snapped like what happened to him in Gamma Corps.

dmills
Originally posted by Naija boy
Wwh wins... As he becomes stronger, he will also become more durable....

That.

TheHulk
Lol so....without his healing factor, he's not coming back from having his neck snapped like what happened to him in Gamma Corps. and whats stopping hulk from ripping Thor apart....

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by TheHulk
and whats stopping hulk from ripping Thor apart....

Thor's fighting experience, which outweighs Hulk's few months of gladiator school, plus the fact that weaker people than Thor have broken the Hulk's neck before, in the Hulk's own book.

h1a8
What feats does Thor has against punching someone with high durability?

TheHulk
Thor's fighting experience, which outweighs Hulk's few months of gladiator school, plus the fact that weaker people than Thor have broken the Hulk's neck before, in the Hulk's own book. you are stating th obvious but han again cap America actually beat him once h2h in a friendly spar once but I can't remember the details....

DarkSaint85
Well, you DID ask....

All I'm saying, is that WWH went up against the Gamma Corps. Not WBH yet, nor was he getting there like in the fight with Sentry.

And he got beaten down pretty badly, even worse than with Zom. Now these guys...they weren't all that impressive - not Thor level, in any case. One of them was a soldier, trained in H2H. And he broke the Hulk's neck.

This is why I wasn't too keen on the WWH storyline. For all the hype, the Hulk wasn't all that impressive.

Rage.Of.Olympus
World War Hulk's body could take some severe damage and keep on going but how big of a part his healing factor had in that is unclear.

If Thor fights intelligently, he takes Hulk down. He's strong enough to rock him, durable enough to take a punch and skilled enough to dish out the damage almost exclusively. It'll probably be similar to his fight with Juggernaut or Grog except longer.

The Odinson's history of fighting bricks despite being at a serious disadvantage increases his odds greatly, he could just punch it out. Very few characters can trade blows with something like the Destroyer Armor as well as Thor can.

TheHulk
Well, you DID ask....

All I'm saying, is that WWH went up against the Gamma Corps. Not WBH yet, nor was he getting there like in the fight with Sentry.

And he got beaten down pretty badly, even worse than with Zom. Now these guys...they weren't all that impressive - not Thor level, in any case. One of them was a soldier, trained in H2H. And he broke the Hulk's neck.

This is why I wasn't too keen on the WWH storyline. For all the hype, the Hulk wasn't all that impressive. Hulk was holding back...but who cares....I respect your opinion

Rage.Of.Olympus
you are stating th obvious but han again cap America actually beat him once h2h in a friendly spar once but I can't remember the details....
Probably because it never happened.
Originally posted by h1a8
What feats does Thor has against punching someone with high durability?
You really have to ask that?

TheHulk
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Probably because it never happened.

You really have to ask that? Dawg I remember it happening but maybe it was non canon

DarkSaint85
I'm starting to think you actually hate the Hulk in other words Anit-Hulk

Lol, nah, I'm not anti-Hulk. In a phyiscal match, WBH beats everyone hands down, no question.

WWH, on the other hand, wasn't that impressive in physical fisticuffs. He beat who he was supposed to beat (Thing, Colossus etc) and didn't physically beat anyone he shouldn't have before.

The Sorrow
Savage Hulk beat Thor without his hammer convincingly.
Green Scar becomes more durable as he amps aswell as stronger and he already starts out on the same level as Thor, it would be more of a contest but it's still Hulk's fight to lose.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Dawg I remember it happening but maybe it was non canon
Unless you're thinking of Thunderstrike's little sparring match with Steve, it probably never happened.

TheHulk
Unless you're thinking of Thunderstrike's little sparring match with Steve, it probably never happened. *sign* I won't continue on you

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by The Sorrow
Green Scar becomes more durable as he amps aswell as stronger

I thought it was always his HF that kept him in the fight, look at how the bullets shredded him when Ross went up against WWH

Does he? Not saying you're wrong, but haven't seen anything of him that suggests he can give OF Thor nightmares, even without Mjolnir.

The Sorrow
I thought it was always his HF that kept him in the fight, look at how the bullets shredded him when Ross went up against WWH
Nope he beat several X-Men with his eyes cut out and no healing factor, also those bullets were Adamantium.

You should read more Hulk then friend. In the past he would have to be enraged to take on the likes of Thor and win but he was upgraded and now starts off on their level.

Stoic
Despite what people want to believe, neither of these guys are walking away from this. Thor will certainly have the agility to score more hits, while the Hulk's blows when connected would light him up. This battle will end in a brutal and bloody near stalemate.

Anything beyond this, and the Hulk would go World Breaker.

DarkSaint85
Nope he beat several X-Men with his eyes cut out and no healing factor, also those bullets were Adamantium.

True, but my point was, his healing factor eventually kicked in, enabling him to win (such as Warpath's knives being popped out of his back, for example).

But...there's no evidence for this, is there? Unless I missed something. He didn't take on anyone in a physical fight and win that he hasn't before...

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Stoic
Despite what people want to believe, neither of these guys are walking away from this. Thor will certainly have the agility to score more hits, while the Hulk's blows when connected would light him up. This battle will end in a brutal and bloody near stalemate.

Agreed. Although I edge it to Thor going all out and ending it as quickly as possible, or going into Warrior Madness mode.

By which point, he would lose, under the OP, right? Am still finding my way around this site.

dmills

Anything beyond this, and the Hulk would go World Breaker.

Kinda how I see it, but Hulk coming out on top because of the amping. However, Thor would in all likelihood begin amping up as well. Damn I would pay to see that.

carver9
Bringing up Hulk getting his neck snap during WWH is pointless. Once the nanites was put into his blood stream, he was depowered and appeared grey looking. The nanites decreased his physical durability as well, not just his healing factor. It reverted him back to grey Hulk. This isn't grey Hulk Thor is fighting so no one neck is getting snapped.

Thor wins this after a long fight.

The Sorrow
Originally posted by DarkSaint85 True, but my point was, his healing factor eventually kicked in, enabling him to win (such as Warpath's knives being popped out of his back, for example).
Yes it did but as I said he also beat some X-Men without his healing factor, this included in him being stabbed by Adamantium claws. He popped the knives out by flexing, he could have done that without his healing factor.

There's plenty of evidence read any Hulk material since Planet Hulk. What instances are you referring to?

DarkSaint85
Bringing up Hulk getting his neck snap during WWH is pointless. Once the nanites was put into his blood stream, he was depowered and appeared grey looking. The nanites decreased his physical durability as well, not just his healing factor. It reverted him back to grey Hulk. This isn't grey Hulk Thor is fighting so no one neck is getting snapped.

Cool, thanks a lot for clearing that up!!!!

DarkSaint85
There's plenty of evidence read any Hulk material since Planet Hulk. What instances are you referring to?

I'm just going by the WWH storyline, as that was what the OP said - so Hulk up until his footsteps started causing earthquakes, but after he beat Skrull-Bolt.

So of his major fights against brick-type people:

Black Bolt: was a Skrull. Considering Deadpool was solo-ing a ship full of them...

Ghost Rider: PIS. How were the Illuminati not innocent?? It was Miek's fault all the time!

Juggernaut: BFR

Hercules: didn't want to fight.

Thor: wasn't present

Iron Man Hulkbuster: PIS (sabotage by those kids)

Zom-Strange: CIS/PIS/Pak's writing. Zom goes up against the Living Tribunal. Now, allied to the Sorceror Supreme (back when it actually mattered), he defeats him with a falling building?

Sentry: OK, he didn't even output the power of one exploding sun, let alone a million. Unless they were tiny, tiny suns.

That's why I'm 'low-balling' WWH, as it were. Afterwards, yes, he became very powerful, and would beat Thor.

carver9
I'm just going by the WWH storyline, as that was what the OP said - so Hulk up until his footsteps started causing earthquakes, but after he beat Skrull-Bolt.

Black Bolt: was a Skrull. Considering Deadpool was solo-ing a ship full of them...

Ghost Rider: PIS. How were the Illuminati not innocent?? It was Miek's fault all the time!

Zom-Strange: CIS/PIS/Pak's writing. Zom goes up against the Living Tribunal. Now, allied to the Sorceror Supreme (back when it actually mattered), he defeats him with a falling building?

Sentry: OK, he didn't even output the power of one exploding sun, let alone a million. Unless they were tiny, tiny suns.

That's why I'm 'low-balling' WWH, as it were. Afterwards, yes, he became very powerful, and would beat Thor.

Wow...so many corrections.

That version of Black Bolt was extremely powerful and he was basically an exact copy of the real deal. Lets not forget he ripped through time and space with a scream and also took a chunk out of the moon the size of Rhode Island. These are fts that the real Black Bolt dont have.

He worked Ghost Rider and you calling it PIS isn't helping your argument.

Juggernaut lost...deal with it. Bfring him was much faster than going slugfest. His goal wasn't to fight Jugs, it was to get Xavier. Juggernaut wasn't the only one that got bfred during that fight.

Hercules also admitted that Hulk could have killed all of them any time he wanted to. Herc knew he was out of his league fighting Hulk.

Its good Thor wasn't present, he would have got worked too.

Ironman prepped for that battle and it was a good fight.

Lol...a building didn't take Zom out...Hulk punch did. You are mixing it up. A building fell on Hulk and some people, Hulk saves them...punch Zom (one punch took him out): Hulk jumps over to him and ground and pound. Hulk won that fight and again, calling it PIS isn't helping your case.

How do you know if Sentry wasn't using the power of a million suns? Are you saying that he wasn't because the Earth didn't explode? It was referenced more than once that if Hulk and Sentry wasn't stopped, the planet would have been destroyed. You cant base things off of collateral damage when its involving Earth. Earth is the Prime planet and it will not get destroyed because of a pissed Hulk or a unleashed Sentry. By looking at the fight, you can kind of tell Sentry had control of his power still because the energy was circling him in a tornado like fashion.

Your post didn't make sense...you might need to edit it.

The Sorrow
Originally posted by DarkSaint85 I'm just going by the WWH storyline, as that was what the OP said - so Hulk up until his footsteps started causing earthquakes, but after he beat Skrull-Bolt.

Blackbolt - He mimicked Blackbolt's powers, not sure of the Deadpool incident but he likely was defeating Skrulls who had no abilities.

Ghost Rider - He fought the host of Ghost Rider and beat him very easily, when the true GR was released he used a hellfire blast which Hulk endured.

Juggernaut - He stopped Juggernaut from gaining momentum and matched him in strength, name me another character who has done this with brute strength...

Hercules - He didn't want to fight but he is still Hercules and he was beat down in three punches.

Thor - He wasn't present but as I said Savage Hulk beat Thor with no hammer

Iron Man - Thor doesn't have the tech Stark does so moot point.

Zom/Strange - It wasn't the full essence of Zom, not sure what relevance the building has.

Sentry - Thor isn't beating Sentry using just his fists and Sentry going all out.

WWH happened four years ago, there's plenty of feats to reference not just this one arc.

DarkSaint85
Point taken, but I do think they could have tightened the story up a bit better, and removed doubt.

I guess what I am referring to, was that Ghost Rider and the Hulk were fighting, GR hurts him with the hellfire, then rides off when the Hulk is on the ground (when he was using full GR potential). I called it PIS because GR WAS avenging the innocent (the Illuminati were innocent) but despite being written as being able to defeat the Hulk, he decides to ride off.

Lol, I have. Juggernaut isn't a character I particularly care for.

My point was that the Hulk didn't defeat him by utilising a physical beatdown. I'm looking for brick-type fights, similar to the setup we have here, and the closest analogue we have is the Juggernaut fight (I know ABC logic doesn't always work, but...).

My bad on the recollection, obviously my memory is not what it once was! Regardless, Zom was fighting the Tribunal earlier, and now, a ground and pound takes him out?

Yep, that's exactly why I said that he wasn't. Controlled or not, a gigawatt is still a gigawatt, and it wasn't being outputted. Sure, the Earth is Prime and it would never get destroyed, but I still understood it as being hyperbole on the Sentry's part.

Can you tell I wrote it in a hurry? Lol.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Its good Thor wasn't present, he would have got worked too.

Nah, if Thor was present, he would have most likely taken Sentry's place as the main opponent. They would have beaten each other to a bloody stalemate.

DarkSaint85
Nah, if Thor was present, he would have most likely taken Sentry's place as the main opponent. They would have beaten each other to a bloody stalemate.

Four years later, a thread appears on KMC...

Who would win, Sentry or WWH?

carver9

Probably but I can't see Thor generating as much power as Sentry did during his fight. Hulk didn't just have to deal with Sentry strength, he was getting blasted and then hit with continuous tornado like energy during their scuffle. It was much more than just a fist fight which would probably have been the only thing Thor would have done when he faced WWH. It would have been a good fight though and I would have preferred Thor over Sentry any day.

TheHulk
Probably but I can't see Thor generating as much power as Sentry did during his fight. Hulk didn't just have to deal with Sentry strength, he was getting blasted and then hit with continuous tornado like energy during their scuffle. It was much more than just a fist fight which would probably have been the only thing Thor would have done when he faced WWH. It would have been a good fight though and I would have preferred Thor over Sentry any day. Balls to that!!! I'll put Sentry over Thor even if it means death!!!

BOW DOWN BEFORE THE POWER OF A MILLION EXPODLING SUNS CARVER!!!!!!!!!! mad

JakeTheBank

thumb up

the Darkone

I that's a high possibility, I wouldn't argue against it, even though I feel Thor is vastly more powerful than Sentry, I could see these two literally destroyed New York City!

-Pr-
If Thor had been present, it would have been a much better finale imo. He'd do better against Hulk than self-harming Sentry.

iceman24567
Probably but I can't see Thor generating as much power as Sentry did during his fight. Hulk didn't just have to deal with Sentry strength, he was getting blasted and then hit with continuous tornado like energy during their scuffle. It was much more than just a fist fight which would probably have been the only thing Thor would have done when he faced WWH. It would have been a good fight though and I would have preferred Thor over Sentry any day. You realize Thor can summon storms right? Storms able to in affect one shot Absorbing man.

leonidas
brute strength is hulk's world...

Damborgson
Originally posted by -Pr-
If Thor had been present, it would have been a much better finale imo. He'd do better against Hulk than self-harming Sentry. He probably wouldnt have gone full blown emo and let the hulk punch him in the face for the fun of seeing his blood come out either...

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by iceman24567
You realize Thor can summon storms right? Storms able to in affect one shot Absorbing man.

Thor...summoning storms?

Surely you jest!

Carver knows his favorite character better than anybody.

carver9
I know that Thor can summon storms. Can someone post Thor most powerful recent, year 2000 and up best storm ft. Nothing classic...his best RECENT storm ft. I want to see if its comparable to Sentry output of power during the Hulk fight.

JakeTheBank
I know that Thor can summon storms. Can someone post Thor most powerful recent, year 2000 and up best storm ft. Nothing classic...his best RECENT storm ft. I want to see if its comparable to Sentry output of power during the Hulk fight.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir228-StormChaosWarThor1.jpg

He summoned the winds of a thousand worlds and caused Glory pain who had never experienced it before.

Frankly, it shits on what Sentry unleashed during WWH.

dmills
If Thor had been present, it would have been a much better finale imo. He'd do better against Hulk than self-harming Sentry.

At that point in time if Thor were there Pak would've had an obedience disk on him lol.

quanchi112
Nah, if Thor was present, he would have most likely taken Sentry's place as the main opponent. They would have beaten each other to a bloody stalemate. Thor's never cause the Hulk to revert to his human self. Sorry but Thor isn't the Sentry.

carver9
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir228-StormChaosWarThor1.jpg

He summoned the winds of a thousand worlds and caused Glory pain who had never experienced it before.

Frankly, it shits on what Sentry unleashed during WWH.

I don't know about that...Sentry energy was stated as been the energy of a million exploding suns during his fight against WWH.

JakeTheBank
I don't know about that...Sentry energy was stated as been the energy of a million exploding suns during his fight against WWH.

The only time Sentry ever really showed anything close to "exploding sun" power was his fight with Genis-Vell.

Thor's power output damaging a Skyfather+ being is more impressive than what Sentry did in WWH to Hulk.

quanchi112
I don't know about that...Sentry energy was stated as been the energy of a million exploding suns during his fight against WWH. Carver it is all hyperbole so relax.

Damborgson
Sorry but Thor isn't the Sentry. He sure isnt. He's vastly superior. thumb up

quanchi112
Originally posted by Damborgson
He sure isnt. He's vastly superior. thumb up Let the battle begin tells us differently. Sentry also destroyed asgard while Thor watched helplessly.

carver9
The only time Sentry ever really showed anything close to "exploding sun" power was his fight with Genis-Vell.

Thor's power output damaging a Skyfather+ being is more impressive than what Sentry did in WWH to Hulk.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/wwh016.jpg

Power of a million exploding suns. Stated on panel.

You don't think Sentry can damage a skyfather if he was inside of one?

JakeTheBank

One exploding sun would have destroyed Earth at the very, very least.

He could, feasibly. But he didn't show the power output that Thor did, which was what you asked for.

Still, Thor dealing Glory pain, who had never experienced it before, > Sentry in WWH.

Damborgson
Let the battle begin tells us differently. Sentry also destroyed asgard while Thor watched helplessly.

Hazy half remembered fights about something that would happen in Carvers wet dreams? Nice example. thumb up

Thor vs Sentry: http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsInitiative01Siege1.jpg

Thor vs Void: http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsVoid05.jpg

quanchi112
Hazy half remembered fights about something that would happen in Carvers wet dreams? Nice example. thumb up

Thor vs Sentry: http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsInitiative01Siege1.jpg

Thor vs Void: http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsVoid05.jpg Leaving out the context is crazy. Sentry wasn't defeated by his hammer strike whereas Thor was defeated by the ufoes right after.

Bob asked him no demanded he killed him. The writer even stated without his cooperation the Void doesn't go away.

Damborgson
oh btw:

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa469/R-O-O/Thor/Non%20Cannon/KillsSentry4.jpg

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m635/vequi45/trollface.png

-Pr-
Originally posted by dmills
At that point in time if Thor were there Pak would've had an obedience disk on him lol.

laughing out loud

thumb up

carver9
oh btw:

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa469/R-O-O/Thor/Non%20Cannon/KillsSentry4.jpg

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m635/vequi45/trollface.png

Not Canon.

Damborgson
Leaving out the context is crazy. Sentry wasn't defeated by his hammer strike whereas Thor was defeated by the ufoes right after.

Bob asked him no demanded he killed him. The writer even stated without his cooperation the Void doesn't go away.

apparently he was defeated

http://themetapicture.com/media/funny-gif-black-guy-reaction.gif

and all Bob did was stop the void from returning. Not stop him from assaulting the avengers again. Thor then turned him into a skeleton. smile

better than hulk against the void would you agree?

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8312/scan0002yd5.jpg

Damborgson
Not Canon. no way?

JakeTheBank

Lmfao, I lost it when I saw this.

quanchi112

and all Bob did was stop the void from returning. Not stop him from assaulting the avengers again. Thor then turned him into a skeleton. smile

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8312/scan0002yd5.jpg He was defeated with Bob's help. LOL.

Yes, I agree. His durability fluctuated and we've seen a ray gun rip into his head but what makes him uber is his ability to survive complete annihilation and return at will. Thor can't beat Void at his best. Void already bested Thor along with the Hulk in his first mini.

This is about the Hulk though. He's clearly stronger than Thor is.

carver9
One exploding sun would have destroyed Earth at the very, very least.

He could, feasibly. But he didn't show the power output that Thor did, which was what you asked for.

Still, Thor dealing Glory pain, who had never experienced it before, > Sentry in WWH.

Let's not use collateral damage for this Jake. Sentry output of power was more impressive. Then if we use Collateral damage as an argument then Hulk>>>>>Tenebrous, Galactus, Aegis, and Surfer combined. They fought on a dead planet and didn't cause any type of collateral damage, at all.

You used a statement and I came back with one. Thor conjured up a tornado of a thousand worlds and Sentry used the power of a million exploding sun.

-Pr-
Is it sad that i can name that episode based purely on that gif?

Stated by Ben Grimm. Ain't conclusive proof, especially since he admitted that he was guessing.

Narrative > rocky pilot.

JakeTheBank
Let's not use collateral damage for this Jake. Sentry output of power was more impressive. Then if we use Collateral damage as an argument then Hulk>>>>>Tenebrous, Galactus, Aegis, and Surfer combined. They fought on a dead planet and didn't cause any type of collateral damage, at all.

You used a statement and I came back with one. Thor conjured up a tornado of a thousand worlds and Sentry used the power of a million exploding sun.

WTF?

Ignoring the first mess of a paragraph, let's look at the actual feats.

Thor: Conjured up a storm capable of inflicting pain on a being well beyond Skyfather level who had never experienced pain before.

Sentry: Unleashed a wave of energy that leveled some buildings and spooked Reed Richards. And it didn't even manage to take out Hulk.

What's so hard to grasp?

carver9

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8312/scan0002yd5.jpg

Don't forget...Sentry/Void used his soothing powers on Hulk in that scan and that isn't WWH and Thor would have died by Void if his teamates didn't save him when Void had that grip on him.

Damborgson
He was defeated with Bob's help. LOL.

Yes, I agree. His durability fluctuated and we've seen a ray gun rip into his head but what makes him uber is his ability to survive complete annihilation and return at will. Thor can't beat Void at his best. Void already bested Thor along with the Hulk in his first mini.

This is about the Hulk though. He's clearly stronger than Thor is. Lol? I guess Sentry did help. Thor did need his body to soak up that hammer shot that sent him flying. smile

Your point??? Thor still>>>Sentry and the void is very much within his capabilities of "killing." And I think its fairly obvious Thor outperformed hulk against the void.

WWH? Prove it.

Damborgson
Don't forget...Sentry/Void used his soothing powers on Hulk in that scan and that isn't WWH and Thor would have died by Void if his teamates didn't save him when Void had that grip on him. Void had an advantage against Thor. This is all. Anything beyond that is intense speculation.

Mindset
Void would tentacle rape Thor.

carver9
WTF?

Thor: Conjured up a storm capable of inflicting pain on a being well beyond Skyfather level who had never experienced pain before.

Sentry: Unleashed a wave of energy that leveled some buildings and spooked Reed Richards. And it didn't even manage to take out Hulk.

What's so hard to grasp?

Here is where you underestimate Hulks durability. WWH withstood an assault from Zom Strange and recovered in less than a panel. I understand that he caused a God pain but to think that it would drop the Hulk is ridiculous. Answer this, Hulk took out Rulk with a thunder clap, do you think this same clap would take Thor out?

JakeTheBank
Don't forget...Sentry/Void used his soothing powers on Hulk in that scan and that isn't WWH and Thor would have died by Void if his teamates didn't save him when Void had that grip on him.

Just like Nul would have killed Thor if not for Thor BFRing him?

quanchi112
Lol? I guess Sentry did help. Thor did need his body to soak up that hammer shot that sent him flying. smile

Your point??? Thor still>>>Sentry and the void is very much within his capabilities of "killing." And I think its fairly obvious Thor outperformed hulk against the void.

WWH? Prove it. He forced Thor into killing him. Thor didn't even want to do so.

Thor had the help of the avengers, loki, an amp prior to, ares, etc. I guess none of that matters and the hell with context or that silly writer's opinion.

Read let the battle begin. He clearly overpowers him much like an older brother would making your own arm hit you in the face type business.

I think savage Hulk has gotten clearly stronger than Thor who needs his hammer.

JakeTheBank
Here is where you underestimate Hulks durability. WWH withstood an assault from Zom Strange and recovered in less than a panel. I understand that he caused a God pain but to think that it would drop the Hulk is ridiculous. Answer this, Hulk took out Rulk with a thunder clap, do you think this same clap would take Thor out?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_-MbidE2sLhc/SKPH5qpuVFI/AAAAAAAAAPY/p18KLNAaHkw/s400/downeytropicthunder.jpg

Why do you keep insisting on going full retard?

I like you, Carver, really, I do, but you need to calm down.

You're telling me Thor's cosmic storm wouldn't have done a number on WWH? Jesus.

No, I don't think Hulk could take out Thor with a single thunder clap. Not based on what hasn't taken Thor out.

-Pr-
WTF?

What's so hard to grasp?

One is Hulk, the other is Thor... Duh.

Funnily enough, I think Hulk wins anyway, but still...

Damborgson
He forced Thor into killing him. Thor didn't even want to do so.

Thor had the help of the avengers, loki, an amp prior to, ares, etc. I guess none of that matters and the hell with context or that silly writer's opinion.

Read let the battle begin. He clearly overpowers him much like an older brother would making your own arm hit you in the face type business.

I think savage Hulk has gotten clearly stronger than Thor who needs his hammer.

The void restores himself instantly back to full strength and health does he not? tha makes anything but the final blow irrelevant to the end of the fight.

Lol? The writer said it was a hazy half remembered fight by banner. Banner said he didnt remeber it clearly also if im not mistaken. Feel free to ignore this and continue saying how Thor lost by the "stop hitting yourself technique" though. smile

iceman24567
LOL Thors power output is greater than Sentry's you don't need to go back to far in his history to know this

Damborgson
Originally posted by iceman24567
LOL Thors power output is greater than Sentry's you don't need to go back to far in his history to know this by far. Unless sentry unleashes the awesome power of a million exploding suns! that would have taken out at the least the solar system but hey its a good feat for hulk right?

quanchi112
The void restores himself instantly back to full strength and health does he not? tha makes anything but the final blow irrelevant to the end of the fight.

Lol? The writer said it was a hazy half remembered fight by banner. Banner said he didnt remeber it clearly also if im not mistaken. Feel free to ignore this and continue saying how Thor lost by the "stop hitting yourself technique" though. smile He can choose to do so or lower his durability and allow the sun to tear through his face. The guy can reality matter manipulate.

What we see counts. It's hysterical you want to ignore it but you're a Thor fan so it's to be expected. I'd be angry too if I was still leader of the Thorbags that is.

Mindset
Sentry's power output destroyed Molecule Man.

Void > Sentry.

I win.

Damborgson
He can choose to do so or lower his durability and allow the sun to tear through his face. The guy can reality matter manipulate.

What we see counts. It's hysterical you want to ignore it but you're a Thor fan so it's to be expected. I'd be angry too if I was still leader of the Thorbags that is.

no expression Sentry will find a way huh? Are you basing on this by the character statement? Or the visual effect of the molecule manipulation? Or Bendis' talent to stay in continuity? And arnt you saying below that what we see is what counts lol? Cmon buddy...

Then I call BS on Bendis' statement about the void. Thor killed the void permanently without the help of anybody but Mjolnir. smile

JakeTheBank
I'd be angry too if I was still leader of the Thorbags that is.

Made me lol

Mindset
Me too.Originally posted by Damborgson
no expression Sentry will find a way huh? Are you basing on this by the character statement? Or the visual effect of the molecule manipulation? Or Bendis' talent to stay in continuity? And arnt you saying below that what we see is what counts lol? Cmon buddy...

Then I call BS on Bendis' statement about the void. Thor killed the void permanently without the help of anybody but Mjolnir. smile Sentry helped him.

carver9
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_-MbidE2sLhc/SKPH5qpuVFI/AAAAAAAAAPY/p18KLNAaHkw/s400/downeytropicthunder.jpg

Why do you keep insisting on going full retard?

I like you, Carver, really, I do, but you need to calm down.

You're telling me Thor's cosmic storm wouldn't have done a number on WWH? Jesus.

No, I don't think Hulk could take out Thor with a single thunder clap. Not based on what hasn't taken Thor out.

I never said it wouldn't have damaged him, I said it wouldn't have taken Hulk out in which "it wouldn't". You're cool with me as well Jake but you need to accept the truth.

You are grasping for straws Jake if you believe that storm would have made any difference than what Sentry did.

Damborgson
Me too. Sentry helped him. According to Quan what we is what we get. Not my fault.

Mindset
According to Quan what we is what we get. Not my fault. I saw Sentry help him.

Damborgson
I saw Sentry help him. http://www.eastsideboxing.com/forum/images/smilies/eusa_think.gif Quan didnt. shifty

quanchi112

Then I call BS on Bendis' statement about the void. Thor killed the void permanently without the help of anybody but Mjolnir. smile I am saying he has flat out changed his durability on panel. It does count and the fact he demands Thor kills him along with the writer stating he only stats dead when he cooperates I am going by exactly how the writer intended it. You aren't. You're a Thor fan who ignores most of what actually happened.

You ignore context I don't. That's why no one ever calls me biased.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Probably but I can't see Thor generating as much power as Sentry did during his fight. Hulk didn't just have to deal with Sentry strength, he was getting blasted and then hit with continuous tornado like energy during their scuffle. It was much more than just a fist fight which would probably have been the only thing Thor would have done when he faced WWH. It would have been a good fight though and I would have preferred Thor over Sentry any day. '

Que, why not? It certainly isn't a lack of feats. Thor is more than capable to get exotic on Hulk, attacking him from all sides. He's the god of thunder, don't forget what that is and what it means. Fist fighting Hulk is a conscious choice he makes.

Thor's never cause the Hulk to revert to his human self. Sorry but Thor isn't the Sentry.

Hmmm, so suddenly this type of reasoning counts in your book? Alrighty then, this I will remember.

quanchi112
'

Que, why not? It certainly isn't a lack of feats. Thor is more than capable to get exotic on Hulk, attacking him from all sides. He's the god of thunder, don't forget what that is and what it means. Fist fighting Hulk is a conscious choice he makes.

Hmmm, so suddenly this type of reasoning counts in your book? Be certain, because I will remember this. Thor's fought him for hours and many times but Sentry caused him to revert to human form. The Void has easily bested the Hulk in the past as well unlike Thor. But this is about Hulk/Thor. Hulk is clearly stronger.

Damborgson
I am saying he has flat out changed his durability on panel. It does count and the fact he demands Thor kills him along with the writer stating he only stats dead when he cooperates I am going by exactly how the writer intended it. You aren't. You're a Thor fan who ignores most of what actually happened.

You ignore context I don't. That's why no one ever calls me biased. oh and lol at people not saying your bias

quanchi112
oh and lol at people not saying your bias You are ignoring the writer and what happened on panel.

Damborgson
You are ignoring the writer and what happened on panel. http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0808/no-u-demotivational-poster-1219273288.jpg

quanchi112
http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0808/no-u-demotivational-poster-1219273288.jpg What have I ignored from the writer and the comic ?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor's fought him for hours and many times but Sentry caused him to revert to human form. The Void has easily bested the Hulk in the past as well unlike Thor. But this is about Hulk/Thor. Hulk is clearly stronger.
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b143/dasimbaking21/Gifs/ChipperJones.gif

You don't get to have it both ways. This type of reasoning doesn't automatically stop being valid when it doesn't suit you.

Damborgson
What have I ignored from the writer and the comic ? let the battle begin. Plus making up some crap about the void matter manipulating himself to make himself an easier target for Thor?

quanchi112
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b143/dasimbaking21/Gifs/ChipperJones.gif

You don't get to have it both ways. This type of reasoning doesn't automatically stop being valid when it doesn't suit you. What are you talking about ? The Pak Sentry isn't even close to his best but Pak's Hulk is up there. This writer highly favors the Hulk yet we've seen other writers have a much higher power level for the sentry so yes I can do so with a sh-t eating grin on my face.

Rage.Of.Olympus
What are you talking about ? The Pak Sentry isn't even close to his best but Pak's Hulk is up there. This writer highly favors the Hulk yet we've seen other writers have a much higher power level for the sentry so yes I can do so with a sh-t eating grin on my face.

Your reasoning for Sentry being above Thor is A, B, C, revolving around the Hulk. I know for a fact that you would be against such application if it suit you, hence my comments. That type of reasoning can be used to favor me like whoa.

For the record, Thor smacked away Sentry during Siege. I think it's pretty obvious that the two are direct peers in power unless you start tapping into the exotic shit like the Void or the God Blast.

carver9
I would put Sentry output above Thor honestly.

Damborgson
I would put Sentry output above Thor honestly. http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f309/spocklogic01/Star%20Trek/epic_eyebrow_1.gif laughing out loud sorry been wanting to use that gif for a while and i saw my chance. Carry on.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Not sure why you would, but whatever.

Also, since I know how much you love SHIELD files and such, it was said it would take all of Sentry's power and more to take down Thor during Siege.

JakeTheBank
Ultimately, Sentry is a b1tch.

That's all that matters.

carver9

Also, since I know how much you love SHIELD files and such, it was said it would take all of Sentry's power and more to take down Thor during Siege.

I believe it, its Thor but if I had to give any Herald the majority over Thor, a good majority, its Sentry.

This is why I am saying what I said.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/wwh022.jpg

JakeTheBank
I believe it, its Thor but if I had to give any Herald the majority over Thor, a good majority, its Sentry.

And you think that pillar of energy is really beyond what Thor has produced?

Rage.Of.Olympus

Lol, GTFO. Even their brief encounter in Siege shits on that idea.

You just basically said Sentry has superior output because. I have no idea why you think that scene proves he has the advantage over Thor.

cdtm
World War Hulk's body could take some severe damage and keep on going but how big of a part his healing factor had in that is unclear.

If Thor fights intelligently, he takes Hulk down. He's strong enough to rock him, durable enough to take a punch and skilled enough to dish out the damage almost exclusively. It'll probably be similar to his fight with Juggernaut or Grog except longer.

The Odinson's history of fighting bricks despite being at a serious disadvantage increases his odds greatly, he could just punch it out. Very few characters can trade blows with something like the Destroyer Armor as well as Thor can.

Yeah, this. Thor's strength is about on Juggernauts level, give or take, and we saw how Juggs did against WWH. And he's a much better fighter, as we saw when he nearly beat Juggernaut to death.

It won't be easy, but Thor wins after a long, hard fight. With ease.

Stoic

Not sure why, but I got the feeling that most Marvel writers hated the Sentry, being that the character was so inconsistent. They should bring him back to the fold, but correct his fractured mindset.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Mostly everyone hated Sentry.
Originally posted by cdtm
Yeah, this. Thor's strength is about on Juggernauts level, give or take, and we saw how Juggs did against WWH. And he's a much better fighter, as we saw when he nearly beat Juggernaut to death.

It won't be easy, but Thor wins after a long, hard fight. With ease.
Quan supports this.

-Pr-
Thor's fought him for hours and many times but Sentry caused him to revert to human form. The Void has easily bested the Hulk in the past as well unlike Thor. But this is about Hulk/Thor. Hulk is clearly stronger.

I love how you try to get the last word in while telling people to get back on topic.

Just the other day you were saying Thor was the most powerful herald.

carver9
And you think that pillar of energy is really beyond what Thor has produced?

What I am showing you is Thor can't produce what Sentry did during that fight. Sentry wasnt only hitting him with a tornado full of energy but in the middle of all of this, he was also hitting him with more powerful energy attacks as well.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/wwh021.jpg

Thats not factoring in the punches that he was hitting WWH with as well.

JakeTheBank
Not sure why, but I got the feeling that most Marvel writers hated the Sentry, being that the character was so inconsistent. They should bring him back to the fold, but correct his fractured mindset.

Writers, fans, etc.

It didn't help he was forced into canon and other characters' back stories at their expense just to put him over. If he was introduced as a completely new character, okay. But him being heralded as the first modern Marvel hero and the greatest one of them all? That's stupid as shit.

-Pr-
I love how you try to get the last word in while telling people to get back on topic.

Writers, fans, etc.

It didn't help he was forced into canon and other characters' back stories at their expense just to put him over. If he was introduced as a completely new character, okay. But him being heralded as the first modern Marvel hero and the greatest one of them all? That's stupid as shit.

and poor rogue...

Mindset
Sentry isn't a herald, duh.

carver9
Lol, GTFO. Even their brief encounter in Siege shits on that idea.

You just basically said Sentry has superior output because. I have no idea why you think that scene proves he has the advantage over Thor.

Are you referring to Thor bfring Sentry? Naah, I disagree. Thor was helpless against Sentry when he attacked Asgard.

It is superior...Sentry wasn't holding back and again, the output was stated as being capable of destroying the planet.

JakeTheBank
and poor rogue...

That was one thing that really pissed me off and I'm a very moderate X-Men fan at best.

Jenkins was just butt hurt his creation got killed off in a mediocre event.

-Pr-

mid-meta?

carver9

He is the most powerful "Herald"...I always thought of Sentry as something much worst.

Stoic

He most certainly was a Herald level character. Just remember how he dealt with Terrax, and that tells me all that I need to know.

-Pr-
He is the most powerful "Herald"...I always thought of Sentry as something much worst.

It's like you intentionally set out to be proven wrong.

JakeTheBank
It's like you intentionally set out to be proven wrong.

AKA full retard

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>