Can a blind person be racist?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SamZED
A person who was born blind and can't tell the difference between black/white/asian etc.

Barker
BHFUH_frhBw

ADarksideJedi
How if they don't know what color the person is? But then again I guess they can tell by the way the person is speaking. So maybe.

Thoren
Lolz @bbear

Robtard
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
How if they don't know what color the person is? But then again I guess they can tell by the way the person is speaking. So maybe.

Now that's racist.

dadudemon
Yes, a blind person can be racist.

Helen Keller can be racist.

immaturerainbow
I just died. XD

ADarksideJedi
How? I was just saying what is true. And how was Helen Killer racist? Everyone at that time had slaves.

RogerRamjet
WHITE POWER!!

dadudemon
How? I was just saying what is true. And how was Helen Killer racist? Everyone at that time had slaves.

1. You're sexy.

2. I said Helen Keller can be as in "just because you're deprived of multiple senses...doesn't mean you can't be racist."

It means that you don't need to see to be racist. Racism is a state of mind or thought.

steverules_2
I'm actually reminded by a Becker episode...Jake the blind guy dates another girl and questions his relationship with her because she too is blind. Well he speaks with her about and said it would be ridiculous to dump her just cause she's blind, it would be like if she dumped him for being black. After finding out that he's black she dumps him, Jake called her racist. So yeah...I guess they can be.

Scythe
Originally posted by Barker
BHFUH_frhBw

Heh, that's what I thought.

Omega Vision
No they didn't.

ADarksideJedi
Well not the north I mean that slaves were starting to start by then.

dadudemon
Well not the north I mean that slaves were starting to start by then.

This is about the Chinese roofing tiles and about pimento and cheese on white bread.

ADarksideJedi
What?

Digi
My first thought was that someone asking this question doesn't actually understand racism. Of course they can be. We never actually see a lot of the people we're racist against; it's a learned response, usually due to cultural and/or familial influences.

dadudemon
What?

Exactly: that was my original response to your post so I just typed out another "what?" post to your "what?" post.

I don't want to talk all complicated and mysterious, so I'll explain what I mean.

When someone reads this post of yours:

"How? I was just saying what is true. And how was Helen Killer racist? Everyone at that time had slaves."

Then their natural response is going to be confusion. They may even say "What?"

So, naturally, I responded with my own version of a confusing post...something that people would say "What?" too.

Does that make sense?

dadudemon
Originally posted by Digi
My first thought was that someone asking this question doesn't actually understand racism. Of course they can be. We never actually see a lot of the people we're racist against; it's a learned response, usually due to cultural and/or familial influences.

Sometimes........it's experiences alone that teach racism.

If it were not for my mother not tolerating racism when we were kids, I would probably racist.

My experiences with African Americans could easily lead me to believe that they are generally bad people. That could have something to do with living the first few years of my life next to a crack house with a black dude that beat his wife across the street. no expression On top of that, my first working years was shared with some black people and they were all of the "angry black" type...angry at white people and demanding reparations. They were very embittered and racist against white people: always looking for a reason to argue or hate white people. It was a bit disturbing for me because I had grown up with "acceptance" and "love" no matter race, color, religion, etc. If it were not for an older black lady at another job, I would think most black people were like that (because that was my experience, up to that point). This older lady, the direct recipient of racism and discrimination, explained that some of the younger black people are...stupid. They do more to damage the "healing process" than help it and they have little to no grounds for their hate because they did not grow up with what she did. She said to ignore the "angry young types" and look for the good in everyone (she was very religious). That helped a bunch too.

Now that I'm a bit older than an angsty teen, I clearly know that these are primarily the result of sociological constructs simmered with time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.