Palpatine vs. Yoda

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
The two greatest jedi/sith in existence meet in ROTS. Substitute Yoda in place of Windu without jedi masters with him. It's just one on one in that environment. This is to the death. Who wins ?

Korto Vos
This has been battled to the death in every Star Wars forum known to mankind multiple times.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Korto Vos
This has been battled to the death in every Star Wars forum known to mankind multiple times. First off I have never battled in the den of nerdom known as Star Wars lair. It's a topic which will probably be split right down the board. I don't know where you stand do you know where I stand on this issue ?

Makashidude
IMO Yoda > Palpatine in saber combat but Palpatine > Yoda in force power feats. So I think Yoda takes it because if this is palpatines office there isn't as much room for maneuver for Palpatine to unleash his force powers. Every time they clashed with sabers in the movie, Yoda came out on top and Palpatine had to resort to force powers.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Makashidude
IMO Yoda > Palpatine in saber combat but Palpatine > Yoda in force power feats. So I think Yoda takes it because if this is palpatines office there isn't as much room for maneuver for Palpatine to unleash his force powers. Every time they clashed with sabers in the movie, Yoda came out on top and Palpatine had to resort to force powers. When did Yoda come out on top in the movie with the sabers ?

Makashidude
Episode 3. He won every saberlock, you could see the frustration on Palpatines face. Finally, he disarmed Palpatine, which forced him to rely on his force powers.

Nephthys
Palpatine gets disarmed between scenes.

quanchi112
Episode 3. He won every saberlock, you could see the frustration on Palpatines face. Finally, he disarmed Palpatine, which forced him to rely on his force powers. He didn't win any saberlock it was a back and forth sort of thing. He might be disarmed between scenes but he also through his powers also disarms Yoda as well.

NemeBro
We've seen this fight.

Palpatine won.

Yoda admitted Palpatine was too powerful.

The movie was trying to tell us that as strong as Yoda was, he could not beat Palpatine.

Robtard
Pretty much a stalemate. Palpatine could have had Yoda at the very beginning, but he was cocky. Yoda then pushed the fight more-so with Palpatine more on the defensive.

Yoda > Palpatine more times out of 10.

Lord Lucien
Accounting for this new scenario's boxed in space, I'd give this mostly melee fight to Yoda. He appeared the superior swordsmen. Though given enough room to utilize his Force powers, Palpatine would beat him again. Even the novelization has Yoda admitting to himself that "he just didn't have it."

quanchi112
Originally posted by Robtard
Pretty much a stalemate. Palpatine could have had Yoda at the very beginning, but he was cocky. Yoda then pushed the fight more-so with Palpatine more on the defensive.

Yoda > Palpatine more times out of 10. How many does Yoda take out of ten in your opinion ?

Robtard
Originally posted by quanchi112
How many does Yoda take out of ten in your opinion ?

If he avoids or counters the initial force-lightning, 6-7. Via sabre to Palpatine's anal-cavity.

quanchi112
If he avoids or counters the initial force-lightning, 6-7. Via sabre to Palpatine's anal-cavity. Wow. That's awfully high for a character who didn't even manage to defeat Dooku.

Korto Vos
On an even playing field, Yoda wins 6, maybe even 7 times out of 10.

quanchi112
On an even playing field, Yoda wins 6, maybe even 7 times out of 10. Yoda was ko'd against him and ended up on his ass. Let's not lose our heads.

Korto Vos
Umm no...

Placidity
IMO Yoda > Palpatine in saber combat but Palpatine > Yoda in force power feats. So I think Yoda takes it because if this is palpatines office there isn't as much room for maneuver for Palpatine to unleash his force powers. Every time they clashed with sabers in the movie, Yoda came out on top and Palpatine had to resort to force powers.

Thats always been my assessment of it too.

I definitely got the impression Palps was at a disadvantage when engaged in saber locks, and also the likely reason he chose to engage Yoda in a battle of the force (pods/lightning). If the battlefield were a plain environment, IMO Yoda would eventually win.

And even in terms of the force, theres not that much to suggest Palpatine is better than Yoda. Palpatine throwing Pods down was easier than Yoda sending it back up because of gravity obviously. Also, Yoda was able to counteract Sidious' lightning to a stalemate.

Lets also not forget Palpatine tried to flee like a b1tch when Yoda arrived.

I'm pretty sure rabid fan boys would be all over us if we said this in the SW section. But then thats because they already have preconceptions due to EU even if they don't admit it.

quanchi112
Umm no... Palpatine ko'd him with the first blast. When he used the second Yoda fell down and left with his tail in between his legs. At no point was Yoda in control.

Korto Vos
I could always just COPY-PASTE my paragraphs of arguments from the Battlezone that would just end your thread.

Whatever, I don't frankly care too much.

quanchi112
I could always just COPY-PASTE my paragraphs of arguments from the Battlezone that would just end your thread.

Whatever, I don't frankly care too much. Your concession is greatly appreciated. The beginning and end of the fight has Yoda on his ass. Yeah, that's a fact.

ares834
Originally posted by Placidity
And even in terms of the force, theres not that much to suggest Palpatine is better than Yoda. Palpatine throwing Pods down was easier than Yoda sending it back up because of gravity obviously. Also, Yoda was able to counteract Sidious' lightning to a stalemate.

Palps was also ripping numerous pods out of the moorings, levitating several at a time, and throwing down them at a rapid pace. His force feats in the duel were more impressive than what Yoda exhibited.

Originally posted by Placidity
Lets also not forget Palpatine tried to flee like a b1tch when Yoda arrived.

Doesn't mean anything other than the fact that Palps is a coward.

Regardless, it's an even split for me.

Robtard
Wow. That's awfully high for a character who didn't even manage to defeat Dooku.

More of not paying attention I see. Dooku was the one that broke-off and ran from Yoda, cos he knew he couldn't win.

quanchi112
More of not paying attention I see. Dooku was the one that broke-off and ran from Yoda, cos he knew he couldn't win. Ironic since Yoda was the one who fled the scene against Palpatine.

Robtard
Ironic since Yoda was the one who fled the scene against Palpatine.

Yet more of you not paying attention.

You don't know what irony is. Yoda fell a long distance and lost his sabre when they clashed with the Force and blasted apart. He tried to not fall, but it happened.

quanchi112
Yet more of you not paying attention.

You don't know what irony is. Yoda fell a long distance and lost his sabre when they clashed with the Force and blasted apart. He tried to not fall, but it happened. I am paying attention. Palpatine knocked him out at the beginning and then sent his ass off the pod. Yoda fled yet you use double standards. Just more ron being ron from you.

Robtard
I am paying attention. Palpatine knocked him out at the beginning and then sent his ass off the pod. Yoda fled yet you use double standards. Just more ron being ron from you.

Clearly not paying attention as usual. Already covered that in my first post, Palpatine knocking him and then being foolishly arrogant. You also don't know what a double-standard is, not surprising. Yoda fled because he had no choice, the fight ended due to circumstances outside of his control(falling). Dooku created a distraction and fled because he knew he'd lose to Yoda if the fight kept going. Apples to oranges comparison.

dadudemon
Yoda is better than Palpatine in both sabers and the force.

Yoda pretended to get knocked out by Palps. It was a trap. It also worked.

Yoda also WTF pwned him in Sabers and Palpy ran like a punk birch. Then, Yoda had to CATCH THROWN senate pods from a lower position: Palpy had the "high ground". no expression

no expression

no expression

My points cannot be argued with because they are pure facts and that last one is so ****in' weighty that even Plato is thinking about it. Now you, the reader, is thinking about my last comment and pondering if it was a pun: it was, bitches. no expression

steverules_2
If Yoda hadn't fallen then failed he would not have

Whats wrong with Palpatine as well, out of his two sabre fights twice he was de-sabred...the guy sucks with a lightsabre, the three Jedi he killed were worse with a lightsabre and I refuse to call them Jedi Knights due to how much fail they were.

quanchi112
Clearly not paying attention as usual. Already covered that in my first post, Palpatine knocking him and then being foolishly arrogant. You also don't know what a double-standard is, not surprising. Yoda fled because he had no choice, the fight ended due to circumstances outside of his control(falling). Dooku created a distraction and fled because he knew he'd lose to Yoda if the fight kept going. Apples to oranges comparison. So you admit Palpatine had him beat once while Yoda never once defeated him. Progress me thinks.

He fell because he wasn't good enough the little guy tried with all his little heart. He left. Dooku was losing the battle as well and only had a limited time as well so staying wasn't really a good choice but that doesn't matter to you, ron. Pesky context always gets in your way.

Robtard
So you admit Palpatine had him beat once while Yoda never once defeated him. Progress me thinks.

He fell because he wasn't good enough the little guy tried with all his little heart. He left. Dooku was losing the battle as well and only had a limited time as well so staying wasn't really a good choice but that doesn't matter to you, ron. Pesky context always gets in your way.

Covered Palpatine gaining the upper-hand in the very beginning and being an arrogant retard. Yet you babble.

As usual you argue out of ignorance and just continue to vomit nonsense. It gets old quick and I am tired of having my eDick up your eAnus in these debates, mostly cos every other poster you debate with does the same thing to you and it gets crowded in there. Rubbing sticks and all, not my bag. Concession accepted, but there's no joy in it.

quanchi112
Covered Palpatine gaining the upper-hand in the very beginning and being an arrogant retard. Yet you babble.

As usual you argue out of ignorance and just continue to vomit nonsense. It gets old quick and I am tired of having my eDick up your eAnus in these debates, mostly cos every other poster you debate with does the same thing to you and it gets crowded in there. Rubbing sticks and all, not my bag. Concession accepted, but there's no joy in it. Yes, you did and also unwittingly admitted he won already but was too arrogant to capitalize. I accept.

You ignore context and run from me like in all debates. Just save yourself the trouble after I knocked you on your ass and flee like Yoda.

Robtard
Hahahaaahaaaahaaaa, no one ever runs from you in a debate, people get bored of your repeated troll-tactics and arguing from ignorance so they go seek entertainment elsewhere. You've proved you know next to nothing about most franchises, especially Star Wars.

Do pat yourself on the back some more, that is the one talent you've shown proficiency in.

the ninjak
The reason Yoda lost that fateful fight with Palpatine was because the force was shifted into that of the Dark Side.

Simple as that. Yoda realized it and retreated into the wild. Awaiting the next generation.

If the forces were shifted Yoda would've defeated the Emperor. Both are focused batteries and enforcers of both respected forces.

quanchi112
Hahahaaahaaaahaaaa, no one ever runs from you in a debate, people get bored of your repeated troll-tactics and arguing from ignorance so they go seek entertainment elsewhere. You've proved you know next to nothing about most franchises, especially Star Wars.

Do pat yourself on the back some more, that is the one talent you've shown proficiency in. Nothing I said was inaccurate from star wars or more importantly in this debate. You yourself admit Palpatine ko'd him so you conceded the debate.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by the ninjak
The reason Yoda lost that fateful fight with Palpatine was because the force was shifted into that of the Dark Side.

Simple as that. Yoda realized it and retreated into the wild. Awaiting the next generation.

If the forces were shifted Yoda would've defeated the Emperor. Both are focused batteries and enforcers of both respected forces. That's oddly close to canon.

dadudemon
Do pat yourself on the back some more, that is the one talent you've shown proficiency in.

He doesn't have to.

Watch:

Yes, you did and also unwittingly admitted he won already but was too arrogant to capitalize. I accept.

You ignore context and run from me like in all debates. Just save yourself the trouble after I knocked you on your ass and flee like Yoda.

Good job, Quanchi: you deserve a pat on the back for your correct statements.

Yoda ultimately lost his battle with Sidious. I still say Yoda was better in Sabes....but ol' Sids had him in both the force and high ground.

Darth Truculent
Yoda was the one of the finest swordsman in the Order. He had more than 800 years of experience to perfect it. Palp couldn't hold a bucket of water against Yoda mastery of lightsaber combat. But Palp was more powerful in the Force. Yoda was over confident when he first engaged him. He didn't get his ass kicked, but had to admit defeat. Like the old saying - "Live today, fight tomorrow."

Robtard
Originally posted by dadudemon
He doesn't have to.

Watch:

Good job, Quanchi: you deserve a pat on the back for your correct statements.

Yoda ultimately lost his battle with Sidious. I still say Yoda was better in Sabes....but ol' Sids had him in both the force and high ground.

Good job at taking the immediate subject out of context, anything can be proved "right" that way.

Yes, covered that on page one.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
That's oddly close to canon.

Well that's the way I think. big grin

This is a non-fight. Circumstance dictates the battle here. Is the Force stronger with the Darkside or the Light.
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
Yoda was the one of the finest swordsman in the Order. He had more than 800 years of experience to perfect it. Palp couldn't hold a bucket of water against Yoda mastery of lightsaber combat. But Palp was more powerful in the Force. Yoda was over confident when he first engaged him. He didn't get his ass kicked, but had to admit defeat. Like the old saying - "Live today, fight tomorrow."
Exactly.

dadudemon
Good job at taking the immediate subject out of context, anything can be proved "right" that way.

smile

Just being an ass. I've wanted to do the "contradict someone that says not to pat yourself on the back" post for a while now.

Yes, covered that on page one.

Of course you did because you're usually right. smile <---A real compliment.

Also, if you agree with me, it's obviously correct. laughing

quanchi112

Yes, covered that on page one. Do you now admit Yoda lost the fight ?

Robtard
Do you now admit Yoda lost the fight ?

Your troll tactics are way too obvious and they've become boring. So sad.

quanchi112
Your troll tactics are way too obvious and they've become boring. So sad. I did state facts that can't be argued away. Palpatine did ko him and Yoda did flee the scene when his objective was his death. That's pretty damning to your case.

Robtard
I did state facts that can't be argued away. Palpatine did ko him and Yoda did flee the scene when his objective was his death. That's pretty damning to your case.

You vomited what others already said, as you've shown to have minimal knowledge of Star Wars.

My case is that Yoda would win more out of 10 in this specific fight/scenario; not "Yoda won in EP3". So no, you've damned nothing; you're incapable of doing this to anyone in here as seen.

Now do some more flips for us.

quanchi112
You vomited what others already said, as you've shown to have minimal knowledge of Star Wars.

My case is that Yoda would win more out of 10 in this specific fight/scenario; not "Yoda won in EP3". So no, you've damned nothing; you're incapable of doing this to anyone in here as seen.

Now do some more flips for us. I watched the movies so as pertaining to this thread my knowledge is fine. I never claimed to read any star wars books so please say something relevant to the movie forum.

Yoda didn't show any real advantage though so I can hardly see why you'd say that. Palpatine seems smarter than Yoda and took the high ground for a reason. Palpatine also bested multiple jedi masters at the same time while Yoda hasn't really beaten anyone of note.

Robtard
I watched the movies so as pertaining to this thread my knowledge is fine. I never claimed to read any star wars books so please say something relevant to the movie forum.

Yoda didn't show any real advantage though so I can hardly see why you'd say that. Palpatine seems smarter than Yoda and took the high ground for a reason. Palpatine also bested multiple jedi masters at the same time while Yoda hasn't really beaten anyone of note.

Watched and didn't pay attention, as you've shown time and time again.

Except for being better with a lightsabre as he pressed the duel more as Palpatine's expressions were telling. Palpatine can't take the high-ground is this scenario, so that's another irrelevant point you're babbling about. Dooku fled from Yoda as not to lose; that you think Dooku is no one "of note" shows you didn't pay attention.

NemeBro
Yoda was a bit better than Palpatine with a lightsaber.

But with the force, Palpatine was stronger in the fight, seemed obvious to me. I'd say Palpatine has the advantage.

playa1258
Palpatine

quanchi112
Watched and didn't pay attention, as you've shown time and time again.

Except for being better with a lightsabre as he pressed the duel more as Palpatine's expressions were telling. Palpatine can't take the high-ground is this scenario, so that's another irrelevant point you're babbling about. Dooku fled from Yoda as not to lose; that you think Dooku is no one "of note" shows you didn't pay attention. No, I did pay attention most are siding with Palpatine here. You need to pay attention.

Palpatine didn't have the higher ground either in the beginning when he ko'd him. Quit arguing for who you like more.

Robtard
No, I did pay attention most are siding with Palpatine here. You need to pay attention.

Palpatine didn't have the higher ground either in the beginning when he ko'd him. Quit arguing for who you like more.

Not that "there's more on my side!" rants count for all that much, but you're not paying attention yet again, it's around 6 in favor for Yoda with 4 in favor for Palpatine and 1 undecided in this scenario.

Nothing changes with you. Do some more flips, boyo.

quanchi112
Not that "there's more on my side!" rants count for all that much, but you're not paying attention yet again, it's around 6 in favor for Yoda with 4 in favor for Palpatine and 1 undecided in this scenario.

Nothing changes with you. Do some more flips, boyo. You have no evidence or proof from Yoda's fight with Dook or more importantly his fight against Palpatine himself he can win the majority.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.