Happy Birthday Brith !!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gundark
Happy Birthday !!

Hope your brother got you a good present !!!

If not, let me know, and I shall thrash him soundly.

http://www.tcwozere.co.uk/~cracks/contrib/ruinkai/biggringift.gif

finti
happy BD brit??????? who the hell is brit?

Gundark
Brith ! Not Brit !

He's Ush's brother. But now that I told you that, I'll have to kill you.

mechmoggy
HBD dude. big grin

finti
oh so he is a brit then

Ushgarak
I wouldn't remind him he is getting older if I were you... I got him a book he wanted.

finti
a book, which one? "How to age without knowing" or "The amnesia day also known as birthday volume 1, or " The strange event of being 23, 10 years in a row"

Ushgarak
Trust me, there is no mocking you can imagine that I have not already done...

It is a bookd called 'Redcoats'

Tex
I had no idea Ush had a brother.confused

HAPPY BIRTHDAY <(:-0

mechmoggy
Is it a book about Pontin's holiday camps Ush, or is that too intense for him. laughing out loud

(In tents, get it?)

finti
Redcoats oh those who got their ass kicked in the colonies

Ushgarak
When appallingly directed from home.

Same redcoats that created the largest Empire ever and kicked ten times of crap out of the French.

finti
they didnt beat the French alone you know

Ushgarak
Aside from Spanish Partisans, victory in the Peninsular war was virtually 100% British; they also did most of the work at Waterloo.

Raz
Happy Birthday..........yesterday big grin

finti
They had great help from the Preussian army

Ushgarak
The Prussians arrived in time to make sure that there was no chance of a French withdrawl, but far too late to change the course of who won the battle. They were more useful in that Napoleon sent off far too much of his force on a wild goose-chase hunting for them.

finti
Still those redcoats got their butt kicked in the colonies becasue of their european style of warfare, and by a raggeled tag army too

Raz
Hey, can we talk about Brith?

Has he been online lately?

finti
no

Ushgarak
The European style of warfare was fine- the US army adopted it after its formation, after all. The whole point was that they fought out there with an idiotic detachment system, and with an equally idiotic lack of focus in assuming the settlers would simply give up after a defeat.

Richard got a new job lately and it has been keeping him intensly busy. I only just about got to see him yesterday.

finti
in other words they were bloody arrogant

Ushgarak
Absolutely. The rank and file would have had every reason to be pissed off at the handling of that war.

finti
hard to be an officer by the common man too

Ushgarak
Yes, it is almost completely unfair that the British army ever threw up any decent officers in that time, so ridiculous was the system. But there you go, it did...

finti
Just as Norwegians had it under the Danish rule, even though one of the biggest heroes in Danish military history was Norwegian (Petter Wessel) also known as Tordenskiold (Thundershield) made Admiral at the age of 27.
The Danes didnt allow the Norwegians to have a "professional" army because of the fear of a Norwegian uprising, so we had "leidegang" which was very similar to the colonial militia, but even so we always beat the Swedes every time they tried to invade Norway. Go figure.... the Norwegian never meet the Swedes in the European style of warfare though, it was more a guerrilla kind style but it worked.

Ushgarak
Oooh! Very interesting!

Julie
Ush...you have a brother?

Ushgarak
Well deduced, Julie, m'dear!

mah
ah. happy bl bd

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.