The Asgardian Destroyer vs Depowered Tyrant...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
Thor is in control of the Destroyer Armor, and so, the Destroyer has Mjolnir in this matchup...

My question is this, how well does the Thor powered Destroyer perform against Depowered Tyrant compared to how Thanos and the other Heralds (Surfer, Glads, Bill, Gandymede, ect, ect) did?

Damborgson
The thor destroyer wins

DickBlazer
Tyrant easily

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by DickBlazer
Tyrant easily

So you believe that Tyrant defeats the Thor powered Destroyer with the same ease he defeated The Silver Surfer and the rest of the Heralds!?

LoL...

TheLordofMurder
Anyone else wanna chime in?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Tyrant wins and I don't think it would be that difficult

Damborgson
If it were just thor id agree he loses but its the destroyer.....how does DP tyrant win and how does he do it easily? erm

zopzop
ONLY Thor inside the Destroyer vs Tyant? Tyrant rips it apart then sends the pieces to Odin.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by zopzop
ONLY Thor inside the Destroyer vs Tyant? Tyrant rips it apart then sends the pieces to Odin.

I can respect that opinion, but the question is how does it compare to the performance of the Heralds and that of Thanos?

Dont forget to vote btw...

smile

Stoic

I agree, especially since Thor was able to defeat the Destroyer himself. Which showed a glaring chink in the Destroyers armor.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Stoic
I agree, especially since Thor was able to defeat the Destroyer himself. Which showed a glaring chink in the Destroyers armor.

He's never beaten it straight up, which is what the issue seems to be based on concerning Tyrant doing so.

Power Cosmic II
Tyrant was impervious to Stormbreaker. It's uncertain whether the same will hold up for the Destroyer, but it shouldn't be forgotten that Tyrant has a degree of resistance to Asgardian magic.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Tyrant wins and I don't think it would be that difficult

Fair enough, but how do you think it compares relative to the Heralds and Thanos?

TheLordofMurder
Anyone else else have an opinion on this?

Stoic
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Fair enough, but how do you think it compares relative to the Heralds and Thanos?

I think that Thanos would lose to the Destroyer, and to the Heralds that Tyrant defeated. A beating is not a beating in terms of how well the Destroyer would do against Thanos, vs how well the Heralds would do against him.

In my opinion Thanos would be on the defensive against the Destroyer, while against the Heralds, I see him being subdued by two of the stronger ones (Beta Ray Bill, Gladiator) while the rest took him down like the Police took down Rodney King.

The Destroyer would be a good match for Tyrant, but would eventually fall to his superior power.

the Darkone
AD is powered by the three most powerful Sky-Fathers Odin, Zeus and Vishnu! AD powers and abilities makes him a sky father killer period, when Loki controlled the Destroyer, even Odin was weary of AD powers. AD Disintegrate beam kill Gods, it killed Thor leaving in pile of lifeless corpse.

Stoic
Originally posted by the Darkone
AD is powered by the three most powerful Sky-Fathers Odin, Zeus and Vishnu! AD powers and abilities makes him a sky father killer period, when Loki controlled the Destroyer, even Odin was weary of AD powers. AD Disintegrate beam kill Gods, it killed Thor leaving in pile of lifeless corpse.

Not sure if you did this, but perhaps you should read the opening post concerning this thread.

the Darkone
Not sure if you did this, but perhaps you should read the opening post concerning this thread.

I did thank you very much, did you read what I said . When Loki had the AD armor Odin was scared, now you have AD with Thor Tyrant is in a world of trouble, unless tyrant can muster Celestial level powers he is dog food. AD will outright out perform Thanos and Heralds, AD is a Sky father and higher weapon, $$ n AD w/Thor!

DarkOdin
Not sure if you did this, but perhaps you should read the opening post concerning this thread. He is refeing to the fact that destroyer was made by the combine powers of Odin, Vis??? and Zeus. It would be a great fight and IMO destoryer would come on on top. It brute force is way above the high herald range and should take a majority.

Stoic
Originally posted by DarkOdin
He is refeing to the fact that destroyer was made by the combine powers of Odin, Vis??? and Zeus. It would be a great fight and IMO destoryer would come on on top. It brute force is way above the high herald range and should take a majority.

Galactus is also way above high Herald, and Tyrant nearly killed him. This was a Galactus that had prepared for his conflict with Tyrant and devoured a planet before the conflict. Taking how easily Perrikus cleaved enchanted Uru (Mjolnir) The Destroyer may not be up to pushing a cosmic terror like Tyrant around, like he would be able to do with a Herald class character.

I never said that this would be easy, but my vote goes to Tyrant being the last one standing.

h1a8
Galactus is also way above high Herald, and Tyrant nearly killed him. This was a Galactus that had prepared for his conflict with Tyrant and devoured a planet before the conflict. Taking how easily Perrikus cleaved enchanted Uru (Mjolnir) The Destroyer may not be up to pushing a cosmic terror like Tyrant around, like he would be able to do with a Herald class character.

I never said that this would be easy, but my vote goes to Tyrant being the last one standing.

This is DP Tryant and not FP Tyrant. By this difference it is easy to see that AD should be a good match for him (possibly win).

DarkOdin
Galactus is also way above high Herald, and Tyrant nearly killed him. This was a Galactus that had prepared for his conflict with Tyrant and devoured a planet before the conflict. Taking how easily Perrikus cleaved enchanted Uru (Mjolnir) The Destroyer may not be up to pushing a cosmic terror like Tyrant around, like he would be able to do with a Herald class character. Also Destroyer easily damaged mjolnir also..

I never said that this would be easy, but my vote goes to Tyrant being the last one standing. DP Tyrant was made to absorb glacatus power cosmic. He had a major advatage of galactus or was that full power tyrant confused

Stoic
Originally posted by h1a8
This is DP Tryant and not FP Tyrant. By this difference it is easy to see that AD should be a good match for him (possibly win).

But it was DP Tyrant that nearly killed Galactus, and Galactus prepped for him just before the battle when he was seen feeding on a planet. Morg had to nullify Tyrant to stop him.

Recently Odin fought Galactus, and Galactus won that battle, but both of them were layed out, whereas Tyrant in an incomplete state ran the breaks off of Galactus, making me wonder how a complete Tyrant lost to Galactus.

I agree as i said all along that it would not be easy, but I give DP Tyrant the win here.

Stoic
Originally posted by DarkOdin
DP Tyrant was made to absorb glacatus power cosmic. He had a major advatage of galactus or was that full power tyrant confused

If that were true why did he have all of those non power cosmic Heralds lined up on the wall ready to be drained/eaten? Ref. Tyrants first appearance.

TheLordofMurder
A few minor nitpicks:

The creation of the Asgardian Destroyer was a joint effort of ALL of Earths Skyfathers combined; Odin actually created the Armor along with his best smiths, but it was empowered with a small fraction of the power of every Skyfather on Earth (in Thor 300, when the Eye was telling Thor the Destroyers origin, I counted 19 Skyfathers on panel at one point in that issue)...

As pertains Galactus vs DP Tyrant; that was one of the PIS'iest fights I have ever seen in a comic...

Galactus was written so badly that he literally "forgot" (and they actually said he forgot in the naration) Tyrants entire powerset; Galactus is not a human with neurons and neuron receptor sites that can misfire and/or fail to recieve a signal, so Galactus should never, ever, forget anything.

That fight stunk of PIS; it was the only way to make Galactus defeat Full Power Tyrant, but lose to DP Tyrant...it was poor writting at its best.

Now...continue on!

smile

zopzop
A few minor nitpicks:

The creation of the Asgardian Destroyer was a joint effort of ALL of Earths Skyfathers combined; Odin actually created the Armor along with his best smiths, but it was empowered with a small fraction of the power of every Skyfather on Earth (in Thor 300, when the Eye was telling Thor the Destroyers origin, I counted 19 Skyfathers on panel at one point in that issue)...

As pertains Galactus vs DP Tyrant; that was one of the PIS'iest fights I have ever seen in a comic...

Galactus was written so badly that he literally "forgot" (and they actually said he forgot in the naration) Tyrants entire powerset; Galactus is not a human with neurons and neuron receptor sites that can misfire and/or fail to recieve a signal, so Galactus should never, ever, forget anything.

That fight stunk of PIS; it was the only way to make Galactus defeat Full Power Tyrant, but lose to DP Tyrant...it was poor writting at its best.

Now...continue on!

smile

Even if we assume you are right and that fight was pure PIS, how do you explain their earlier encounter when Galactus got punked by DP Tyrant? That's PIS too?

TheLordofMurder
Even if we assume you are right and that fight was pure PIS, how do you explain their earlier encounter when Galactus got punked by DP Tyrant? That's PIS too?

I am a bit conflicted on that...

On one hand it is clear to me that even DP Tyrant (and as you rightly pointed out some time ago "DP" is not exactly accurate as he stated he had regained most of his power by this time) was intended to be a threat to Galactus...

I think the original writer intended for DP Tyrant to somehow get the upper hand on Galactus when they finally fought as well, so I really have no problem with Galactus losing to "DP" Tyrant; the writer who ended up finishing the story just wrote the encounter so badly that it left a bad taste in my mouth...

On the other hand, I cant reconcile the fundamental line of reasoning that if a Well Fed Galactus (and I think its safe to assume that Galactus was Well Fed when they 1st fought) was able to defeat Full Power Tyrant, he should be able to defeat a lesser powered Tyrant as well...

And with that line of thinking in mind, Tyrant should not have been able to punk him out of his Herald...

TheLordofMurder
Although its possible that Galactus was not Well Fed at the time Tyrant punked him, so Galactus was not confident going foward against him at that time...

Especially given the fact that Tyant was closing in on the level of power he possessed when they 1st fought (atleast thats what Tyrant stated; Galactus apparently believed that though)...

zopzop
Although its possible that Galactus was not Well Fed at the time Tyrant punked him, so Galactus was not confident going foward against him at that time...

Especially given the fact that Tyant was closing in on the level of power he possessed when they 1st fought (atleast thats what Tyrant stated; Galactus apparently believed that though)...

Don't forget the scene prior to their initial encounter. Galactus was pissed when Morg didn't show up and set out to find his herald. Airwalker and Firelord noticed and Firelord mentioned how he wouldn't want to be the guy that Galactus was hunting. Yet when Galactus got their, taking Tyrant completely by surprise, it was Galactus that backed down, not Tyrant.

Then there's all the issues leading up to their final showdown that state Galactus was scared (Silver Surfer felt it), Galactus had to feast on a planet before their showdown, the planet that Morg found was so ripe with energy that he hadn't felt this powerful in millenia, Tyrant fought Galactus on Galactus' home turf!

All thats PIS?

TheLordofMurder
Don't forget the scene prior to their initial encounter. Galactus was pissed when Morg didn't show up and set out to find his herald. Airwalker and Firelord noticed and Firelord mentioned how he wouldn't want to be the guy that Galactus was hunting. Yet when Galactus got their, taking Tyrant completely by surprise, it was Galactus that backed down, not Tyrant.

Then there's all the issues leading up to their final showdown that state Galactus was scared (Silver Surfer felt it), Galactus had to feast on a planet before their showdown, the planet that Morg found was so ripe with energy that he hadn't felt this powerful in millenia, Tyrant fought Galactus on Galactus' home turf!

All thats PIS?

Again, I am conflicted on it...

The only thing I am willing to say was PIS for sure was the fight between Galactus and Tyrant; that was so poorly written that PIS is the only thing it can be called...

zopzop
Again, I am conflicted on it...

The only thing I am willing to say was PIS for sure was the fight between Galactus and Tyrant; that was so poorly written that PIS is the only thing it can be called...

The writing sucked to be sure. But the build up to it and their previous encounter after his return from exile made the outcome of it believable. Tyrant > Galactus.

Power Cosmic II
Tyrant was created by Ron Marz (and ron lim). Marz wrote both the first appearance with Tyrant and the huge battle in cosmic powers.

Mark Lackey came on later and wrote the second conflict.

When Galactus confronted DP he clearly stated that while he was withdrawing, he was going to engage Tyrant on his terms and at a time of his choosing. Both acknowledged that the outcome of their conflict would have undesirable collateral effects. Marz went to great lengths to portray them as begrudgingly respectful.

Marz then depicted their earlier conflict which shattered galaxies, etc.

After this marz has nothing more to do with the character. At this point, Lackey steps in. Same writer who has Morg's English sound like some street thug that spider-man should be taking care of. Tyrant being able to absorb G's blasts was something marz, the character's creator, never intended nor hinted at in any fashion.

Yes, DP Tyrant beat Galactus. But it's not "believable" in the sense that Marz established precedent because nothing Marz depicted Tyrant capable of doing carried over into Lackey's portrayal. Or in other words, Lackey made up capabilities that Marz never intended the character to have (technopathy, absorbing G's blasts when that clearly wasn't the case when Tyrant was defeated by G at a much more powerful form with G using his blasts).

It would be more "believable" if during G's first encounter with DP Tyrant, Marz had wrote something along the lines of Galactus sensing Tyrant had acquired new knowledge/powers that heretofore were never known to Galactus. If he had put that in and just left it at that, Lackey's subsequent portrayal would be 10x better.

It's like superman beating wonder-woman in round 1,

encountering each other at a later time and agreeing not to come to blows,

then in round 2 diana suddenly has the power to radiate kryptonite, which Superman conveniently was unaware of.

happened, yeah. but not believable.

Personally, the height of it being unbelievably stupid is that Tyrant is to Galactus what Thor is to Odin, a "son" of sorts. Except Galactus literally made Tyrant.

Why would G ever allow a creation of his the ability to absorb his own attacks? It would be like Odin placing a blessing on Thor that anytime Odin blasted thor in chastisement, Thor would just re-channel it back.

It's canon, but that doesn't mean I have to accept it as "making sense"

Stoic
Originally posted by Power Cosmic II
Tyrant was created by Ron Marz (and ron lim). Marz wrote both the first appearance with Tyrant and the huge battle in cosmic powers.

When Galactus confronted DP he clearly stated that while he was withdrawing, he was going to engage Tyrant on his terms and at a time of his choosing. Both acknowledged that the outcome of their conflict would have undesirable collateral effects. Marz went to great lengths to portray them as begrudgingly respectful.

After this marz has nothing more to do with the character. At this point, Lackey steps in. Same writer who has Morg's English sound like some street thug that spider-man should be taking care of. Tyrant being able to absorb G's blasts was something marz, the character's creator, never intended nor hinted at in any fashion.

Yes, DP Tyrant beat Galactus. But it's not "believable" in the sense that Marz established precedent because nothing Marz depicted Tyrant capable of doing carried over into Lackey's portrayal. Or in other words, Lackey made up capabilities that Marz never intended the character to have (technopathy, absorbing G's blasts when that clearly wasn't the case when Tyrant was defeated by G at a much more powerful form with G using his blasts).

It would be more "believable" if during G's first encounter with DP Tyrant, Marz had wrote something along the lines of Galactus sensing Tyrant had acquired new knowledge/powers that heretofore were never known to Galactus. If he had put that in and just left it at that, Lackey's subsequent portrayal would be 10x better.

then in round 2 diana suddenly has the power to radiate kryptonite, which Superman conveniently was unaware of.

Personally, the height of it being unbelievably stupid is that Tyrant is to Galactus what Thor is to Odin, a "son" of sorts. Except Galactus literally made Tyrant.

Why would G ever allow a creation of his the ability to absorb his own attacks? It would be like Odin placing a blessing on Thor that anytime Odin blasted thor in chastisement, Thor would just re-channel it back.

Unless Galactus created Tyrant to stop him if he ever went rogue. Tyrant himself stated that in order for either to live in that reality, one of them had to die. It was never written how Galactus defeated FP Tyrant.

All the same your post was very good, and I can't see a single weakness in your appraisal.

TheLordofMurder

thumb up

thumb up

thumb up

thumb up

thumb up

zopzop

A few things, regarding Marz depiction of Tyrant :
Tyrant had amassed enough power in his exile to reclaim his "empire" :
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/68/power1fs.th.jpg

A pissed off Galactus went out in search of his herald Morg and AirWalker and Firelord noticed his anger and Firelord commented how he wouldn't want to be in his way :
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/9421/angryd.th.jpg

Tyrant repeated the claim that he had stored enough power to reclaim his empire and withstand a challenge from Galactus :
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/2486/silversurferv308234.th.jpg

Galactus demands his herald back, lest there be war between them, Tyrant says no :
http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/9539/silversurferv308236ze.th.jpg

Galactus is the one to back down and Surfer even calls him on it :
http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/2182/silversurferv308237.th.jpg

As you can see, "DP" Tyrant wasn't backing away from a fight and it was Galactus that relented (compare this to the Odin/Galactus encounter).

Concerning Lackey's version of Tyrant, it's called a retcon. The power orbs aren't mentioned at all and the biosphere energy thing and technopathy are introduced. Lackey originally intended to kill off Galactus but this was again retconned to him having escaped at the last second with AirWalker and Firelord.

Under Lackey, Galactus knew Tyrant would eventually betray him and how powerful he was, Tyrant mentioned that maybe the reason Galactus created Tyrant was to someday destroy him. Galactus didn't give him a straight answer :
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/423/suicidalx.th.jpg

To recap, under Marz, Galactus wanted no part of Tyrant and chose to put off fighting him until a later time. Under Lackey, he outright lost to Tyrant (not his power cosmic or his machines could save him).

"DP" Tyrant was at least the equal of Galactus even under Marz.

Sundipped
^thumbsup
In the first encounter Big G's Cosmic vision did noticable damage to Tyrant:

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/4600/cosmicpowers06tyrantpag.th.jpg

But the second time he absorbed it.

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/7909/silversurferv3108p09.th.jpg

If you take into consideration how long Tyrant was in exile + the fact that he was hungry for vengeance, it's not far fetched to say he acquired all these abilities (complete control of his body, energy absorption, master control over tech, etc.) during his conquest of galaxies over those millions of years.

If you ask me, there's nothing Lackey did wrong. Sometimes you have to read between the lines and put 2 & 2 together.

h1a8
But it was DP Tyrant that nearly killed Galactus, and Galactus prepped for him just before the battle when he was seen feeding on a planet. Morg had to nullify Tyrant to stop him.

Recently Odin fought Galactus, and Galactus won that battle, but both of them were layed out, whereas Tyrant in an incomplete state ran the breaks off of Galactus, making me wonder how a complete Tyrant lost to Galactus.

I agree as i said all along that it would not be easy, but I give DP Tyrant the win here.

Galactus was not well fed and Tyrant was also draining him. Context my friend. DP Tyrant will not be feeding on AD and so he will not be getting any stronger. Plus AD is a match for a weak Galactus anyway.

Stoic
Galactus was not well fed and Tyrant was also draining him. Context my friend. DP Tyrant will not be feeding on AD and so he will not be getting any stronger. Plus AD is a match for a weak Galactus anyway.

He had just eaten a planet just before the conflict, you're wrong once again buddy.

h1a8
He had just eaten a planet just before the conflict, you're wrong once again buddy. Well I must be confusing things. Well at least I'm right about Tryant absorbing Galactus power. And the fact that if Tyrant couldn't absorb Galactus power then Galactus would have stomped a hole in him.

zopzop
Well I must be confusing things. Well at least I'm right about Tryant absorbing Galactus power. And the fact that if Tyrant couldn't absorb Galactus power then Galactus would have stomped a hole in him.

Is that why Galactus punked out in their first encounter when Tryant returned from his exile? roll eyes (sarcastic)

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Sundipped
^thumbsup
In the first encounter Big G's Cosmic vision did noticable damage to Tyrant:

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/4600/cosmicpowers06tyrantpag.th.jpg

But the second time he absorbed it.

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/7909/silversurferv3108p09.th.jpg

If you take into consideration how long Tyrant was in exile + the fact that he was hungry for vengeance, it's not far fetched to say he acquired all these abilities (complete control of his body, energy absorption, master control over tech, etc.) during his conquest of galaxies over those millions of years.

If you ask me, there's nothing Lackey did wrong. Sometimes you have to read between the lines and put 2 & 2 together.

But you are dead wrong...

During the "DP" Tyrant/Galactus fight, the on panel naration clear states that Galactus "forgot" that Tyrant could absorb BSE...

So no, this isnt an ability that Tyrant acquired/developed during his time in exile; he had it the 1st time they fought and Galactus knew it (its either this or the guy who originally wrote Tyrant never intended on having Tyrant possess the ability to absorb Galactus's blasts)...

And that fact alone makes what happened so incredibly ridiculous that I cant accept it as anything other than PIS; High End Cosmics/Major Universal Forces should never ever forget anything...

Especially something as important as the powerset of one your own creations that is hellbent on destroying you...

zopzop

And that fact alone makes what happened so incredibly ridiculous that I cant accept it as anything other than PIS; High End Cosmics/Major Universal Forces should never ever forget anything...

Especially something as important as the powerset of one your own creations that is hellbent on destroying you...

Yeah well, it happens. Eternity was choked out by the Ancient One. Dr. Strange put Nightmare in a full nelson and he tapped out. High End Cosmics routinely do stupid sh|t/have stupid sh|t happen to them, it's a comic book. stick out tongue

Regarding the "hellbent on destroying" part by his own creation, Lackey insinuated that Galactus knew this day would come and that Tyrant would end him and he was cool with it.

h1a8
Is that why Galactus punked out in their first encounter when Tryant returned from his exile? roll eyes (sarcastic)

?

Punked is not a feat. Galactus would have stomped Tyrant when they first fought if it wasn't for Tyrant absorbing him.

zopzop
?

Punked is not a feat. Galactus would have stomped Tyrant when they first fought if it wasn't for Tyrant absorbing him.

Punked is a feat when the person being punked (the punkee) is enraged and looking for his property and you make him back down and walk away with his tail between his legs and all the while this is being witnessed by someone who calls the "punkee" (person being punked) on it.

Sundipped
But you are dead wrong...

During the "DP" Tyrant/Galactus fight, the on panel naration clear states that Galactus "forgot" that Tyrant could absorb BSE...

So no, this isnt an ability that Tyrant acquired/developed during his time in exile; he had it the 1st time they fought and Galactus knew it (its either this or the guy who originally wrote Tyrant never intended on having Tyrant possess the ability to absorb Galactus's blasts)...

The complete mastery of his body and mastery of tech could have possibly been acquired thru time. About the absorption, it's really just a conflict of what different writers are trying to potray. The narration did say Big G forgot but If Tyrant did in fact have this ability before, then how in the world could he get depowered in the first place? I'll attribute it to not having total control of this ability first time around or like you said, the first writer never meant for Tyrant to posess this ability. Add this to the list of inconsistancies in comics.

cdtm
Asgardian Destroyer wins, with ease.

Stoic
Originally posted by cdtm
Asgardian Destroyer wins, with ease.

How does it win with ease, or at all?

cdtm
By being more powerful.

zopzop
By being more powerful.

But that's arguable though. Thor by his lonesome + Mjolnir inside the Destroyer Armor isn't beating Tryant. Stormbreaker bounced harmlessly off him, so Mjolnir isn't even a factor in this fight. That just leaves Thor inside the Destroyer Armor. I wish him the best of luck.

Stoic
By being more powerful.

What makes you come to that conclusion? Tyrant is quite powerful as well, and never once did we see him in trouble against anyone less than Galactus.

cdtm
Thanos did better against Tyrant than he did against Odin. At least, he actually hurt Tyrant a few times.

And AD is supposed to have power rivaling skyfathers. Odin Force Thor seemed certain it could kill him...

zopzop
Thanos did better against Tyrant than he did against Odin. At least, he actually hurt Tyrant a few times.

Thanos had 6 issues of prep time (Cosmic Powers 1-6) and an amp (the Power Orb).

TheLordofMurder
But that's arguable though. Thor by his lonesome + Mjolnir inside the Destroyer Armor isn't beating Tryant. Stormbreaker bounced harmlessly off him, so Mjolnir isn't even a factor in this fight. That just leaves Thor inside the Destroyer Armor. I wish him the best of luck.

Stormbreaker may have bounced off of Tyrant, but Stormbreaker was being thrown by Bill; The Destroyer by default is much stronger than Bill is and will be able to throw Mjolnir with much more force than Bill could (imagine the difference between a normal human and Captain America throwing an iron ball at a thick window; the iron ball is strong enough to shatter the window, but only if enough force is being put behind it)...

In addition, Mjolnir can still absorb, amp, and redirect a ridiculous amount of energy, can be used to fire a Godblast and/or Anti-Force, or summon up a Cosmic Storm to use against Tyrant; Mjolnir is far from useless in this fight as a result...

zopzop
Stormbreaker may have bounced off of Tyrant, but Stormbreaker was being thrown by Bill; The Destroyer by default is much stronger than Bill is and will be able to throw Mjolnir with much more force than Bill could (imagine the difference between a normal human and Captain America throwing an iron ball at a thick window; the iron ball is strong enough to shatter the window, but only if enough force is being put behind it)...

In addition, Mjolnir can still absorb, amp, and redirect a ridiculous amount of energy, can be used to fire a Godblast and/or Anti-Force, or summon up a Cosmic Storm to use against Tyrant; Mjolnir is far from useless in this fight as a result...

laughing Like I said, I wish DA Thor the best of luck, he'll need it.

Stoic

Not to be contrary, but it was evident that Tyrant operated on or above the Sky Father level, based on just how ineffective Stormbreaker was against him. Bill is no AD possessed by Thor, but to have absolutely no effect? Bill's throw can demolish small planets with little trouble, which as we all can imagine, is no small thing/feat. Tyrant's ability to tank the shot was in my opinion a bigger feat than when Zeus no sold Thor's throw way back in the day.

What has me mystified on even enchanted uru is how easily Perrikus cut through Mjolnir, and the Destroyer is composed of the same enchanted substance. This little gap, makes me believe that Tyrant would eventually slag the construct.

TheLordofMurder
Not to be contrary, but it was evident that Tyrant operated on or above the Sky Father level, based on just how ineffective Stormbreaker was against him. Bill is no AD possessed by Thor, but to have absolutely no effect? Bill's throw can demolish small planets with little trouble, which as we all can imagine, is no small thing/feat. Tyrant's ability to tank the shot was in my opinion a bigger feat than when Zeus no sold Thor's throw way back in the day.

What has me mystified on even enchanted uru is how easily Perrikus cut through Mjolnir, and the Destroyer is composed of the same enchanted substance. This little gap, makes me believe that Tyrant would eventually slag the construct.

Destroyer is made of an unknown substance thats stronger than Uru or Adamantium...

Stoic
Destroyer is made of an unknown substance thats stronger than Uru or Adamantium...

True, but Thor decapitated a Desak powered Destroyer with one throw. Thor was however in possession of the Odin Force. Making him in my opinion still less powerful than Tyrant, if we take how well he did against Perrikus while in possession of the Odin Force as well.

When Thor was King Thor he did have the Odin Force right? If not, I have nothing, but my opinion that Tyrant is more powerful than the AD Thor.

TheLordofMurder
The thing about the Desak Powered Destroyer was that it was less durable than normal as they actually merged physically somehow; this brought the Destroyers durability down some...

h1a8
Punked is a feat when the person being punked (the punkee) is enraged and looking for his property and you make him back down and walk away with his tail between his legs and all the while this is being witnessed by someone who calls the "punkee" (person being punked) on it. It is not a feat. It contradicts the actual scene where Galactus was stomping Tyrant hard until Tyrant started absorbing G. G didn't know Tyrant could do that before the so called punking. So even if G was scared a little then it was for no reason. And do you know why G was punked or a little scared? I'll give you a hint: It wasn't because he thought he would lose to Tyrant in a fight. Since you read comics you should know the answer to this.

Lastly, look up the definition of feat.

zopzop
It is not a feat. It contradicts the actual scene where Galactus was stomping Tyrant hard until Tyrant started absorbing G. G didn't know Tyrant could do that before the so called punking. So even if G was scared a little then it was for no reason. And do you know why G was punked or a little scared? I'll give you a hint: It wasn't because he thought he would lose to Tyrant in a fight. Since you read comics you should know the answer to this.

roll eyes (sarcastic) Galactus backed down from their first encounter since Tyrant's exile, Galactus had to feed on a world before he confronted Tyrant, the world that Morg found for him was rich in BSE and Galactus said he hadn't felt this powerful in eons, Tyrant confronted Galactus on Galactus' hometurf (his worldship), even after all this Silver Surfer felt Galactus' fear through the rapport they share. All this went down BEFORE their final showdown where Tyrant stomped Galactus.

IRONY!
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/feat

Standing up to and forcing to back down, the person you lost to previously even when he took you by surprise and was enraged is a damn good feat.

h1a8

roll eyes (sarcastic) Galactus backed down from their first encounter since Tyrant's exile, Galactus had to feed on a world before he confronted Tyrant, the world that Morg found for him was rich in BSE and Galactus said he hadn't felt this powerful in eons, Tyrant confronted Galactus on Galactus' hometurf (his worldship), even after all this Silver Surfer felt Galactus' fear through the rapport they share. All this went down BEFORE their final showdown where Tyrant stomped Galactus.

IRONY!
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/feat

Standing up to and forcing to back down, the person you lost to previously even when he took you by surprise and was enraged is a damn good feat.

NO! Big G was stomping Tyrant until he started absorbing him. Are you telling me that Tyrant would have put up a fight without that advantage?

Fear shmear. Galactus>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tyrant without power absorption.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.