Who can beat Namor and Aquaman duo under the Ocean?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Which of the following can beat a team of Namor and Aquaman beneath the deepest part of the Pacific Ocean? No BFR.

Hulk

Wonder Woman

Thor

Superman

Silver Surfer

Hal Jordan

SquallX
Hulk is out.

-Pr-
Bar Diana, I'm really not sure. There are couple I could see them causing trouble to, though.

Starscream M
Originally posted by -Pr-
Bar Diana, I'm really not sure. There are couple I could see them causing trouble to, though. you think diana can or can't? and why

-Pr-
Originally posted by Starscream M
you think diana can or can't? and why

i can see them beating Diana; they're more at home under the water, and she's someone I think Namor can physically hurt. Add in Aquaman's telepathy and ability to call in swarms of sea life (which i think would work even with her beasts thing), and I think it could be enough to nab them the win at least a couple of times.

DarkSaint85
Lol out of all of them, I would count Diana as the one who can't.

She can't breathe underwater, and can only hold her breath for so long. Any breathing apparatus would be taken out pretty quickly early on in the fight, plus her speed and skills would be dampened by the water.

DarkSaint85
i can see them beating Diana; they're more at home under the water, and she's someone I think Namor can physically hurt. Add in Aquaman's telepathy and ability to call in swarms of sea life (which i think would work even with her beasts thing), and I think it could be enough to nab them the win at least a couple of times.

Isn't Diana immune to telepathy though?

-Pr-
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Isn't Diana immune to telepathy though?

She is; that's why I assumed Arthur would call in help rather than try to subdue her directly.

Lord Feron
I don't think Hal Jordan Should have any problem as long as he doesn't surccumb to AM telepathy. His powers would work just fine underwater and i'm sure his shields can help him breath just like in space.

Thor, Supes, SS should have no problems due to their powers.

I would say hulk has the hardest time.

Bouboumaster
They all do it with ease, but Diana.

Everybody else murder them in a non funny way.

zopzop
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
They all do it with ease, but Diana.

Everybody else murder them in a non funny way.

thumb up

Except I actually think WW doesn't struggle at all. Lasso one, kill the other, then kill the guy you lassoed. She has the strength, speed, durability and fighting experience to pull it off too.

leonidas
Which of the following can beat a team of Namor and Aquaman beneath the deepest part of the Pacific Ocean? No BFR.

Hulk

Wonder Woman

Thor

Superman

Silver Surfer

Hal Jordan

hulk might be in trouble. maybe. tp COULD be an issue for him. he can hold his breath but if they can force him to have to take a breath.... current hulk is hard to limit. erm

wonderwoman would lose more often than not.

thor--depends on tp showings. i'd think at least tp would affect him, if not incapacitate him long enough for them to physically pound on him and force him to have to draw a breath. their combined speeds underwater would also help them. thor would need to go uber thor i think.

supes would win. water woudln't hinder his speed. he could easily seperate them and ko each individually.

ss should handle them the easiest--and that would be easily. doubt arthur's tp would hinder him for long and he's the only one who has no need to breathe.

hal should also win--ring protects him from drowning. depends on which tp feats you use though i guess. they could break his constructs--specially if AM has his trident. team COULD win, i guess, but hal for a heavy majority.

Stoic
The Hulk could be in trouble? Seriously? The Hulk shrugged off Emma and Xavier's attempt at psi domination. The Hulk that Namor knocked for a loop, happened at a time in comics history that the Hulk was having trouble with guys like Bi-Beast, he even made mention of Colossus at one time being able to give him a decent fight, up until he broke his arms in a test of strength. In fact not so long ago, the Hulk subdued Namor with ease. I'm referring to recently when the Defenders fought the Offenders.

I disagree with the Hulk having trouble with Namor, and Arthur based on current events.

leonidas
Originally posted by Stoic
The Hulk could be in trouble? Seriously? The Hulk shrugged off Emma and Xavier's attempt at psi domination. The Hulk that Namor knocked for a loop, happened at a time in comics history that the Hulk was having trouble with guys like Bi-Beast, he even made mention of Colossus at one time being able to give him a decent fight, up until he broke his arms in a test of strength. In fact not so long ago, the Hulk subdued Namor with ease. I'm referring to recently when the Defenders fought the Offenders.

I disagree with the Hulk having trouble with Namor, and Arthur based on current events.

first, i didn''t say "serious" trouble. i said "trouble. maybe." current hulk i take to be about nul level. i do NOT see 'dark dimension' hulk as current, or in character. nul was about thor's strength level, maybe stronger but not by that much. underwater, namor is pretty close to thor. AND hulk still has to breathe. and hit. all they need to do is force him to draw a breath and he would possibly be in trouble (unless he grows gills again or something....)

second, cool. you are welcome to your opinion. wink

Stoic
Originally posted by leonidas
first, i didn''t say "serious" trouble. i said "trouble. maybe." current hulk i take to be about nul level. i do NOT see 'dark dimension' hulk as current, or in character. nul was about thor's strength level, maybe stronger but not by that much. underwater, namor is pretty close to thor. AND hulk still has to breathe. and hit. all they need to do is force him to draw a breath and he would possibly be in trouble (unless he grows gills again or something....)

second, cool. you are welcome to your opinion. wink

With all due respect Nul by feats seemed far less than the Hulk even before entering the Dark Dimension. The Hulk hasn't changed, he still has the same power-set that he did in the Dark Dimension whether anyone wants to admit it or not. Fighting to the best of his ability means that Arthur and Namor would be spanked. The Hulk unlike his previous self takes no time at all to ramp up. Neutral forum space means that there wouldn't be any innocent for him to worry about killing.

The only way that a battle between these three would be close at all is if the Hulk held back.

leonidas
Originally posted by Stoic
With all due respect Nul by feats seemed far less than the Hulk even before entering the Dark Dimension. The Hulk hasn't changed, he still has the same power-set that he did in the Dark Dimension whether anyone wants to admit it or not. Fighting to the best of his ability means that Arthur and Namor would be spanked. The Hulk unlike his previous self takes no time at all to ramp up. Neutral forum space means that there wouldn't be any innocent for him to worry about killing.

The only way that a battle between these three would be close at all is if the Hulk held back.

you could be right. time will show us if he retains the ability to reach that level. i still don't see that dark dimension version as being in character though. but, that's just my opinion. my assessment was based on how i perceived hulk after he broke free of nul. like i said, time will show us more and you MAY be proven right about his level. or not.

Stoic
you could be right. time will show us if he retains the ability to reach that level. i still don't see that dark dimension version as being in character though. but, that's just my opinion. my assessment was based on how i perceived hulk after he broke free of nul. like i said, time will show us more and you MAY be proven right about his level. or not.

Fair enough, he was very much in character during the Dark Dimension. Remember he would have never went as far as he did if he was in a village filled with a bunch of smurfs. you recall him asking if there were any innocents? You're quite right in questioning his character though. It all boils down to if he holds back.

Sixth_Winged
Diana and Hulk might struggle if they need to breathe.

gogogadgetgo
Originally posted by zopzop
thumb up

Except I actually think WW doesn't struggle at all. Lasso one, kill the other, then kill the guy you lassoed. She has the strength, speed, durability and fighting experience to pull it off too.

lasso? under water? not gonna happen.

Stoic
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
Diana and Hulk might struggle if they need to breathe.

The craziest thing happened during the Hulk's return from Sakaar, he sat on top of the stone ship for the entire ride through space. What was he breathing?

Nietzschean
thor--depends on tp showings. i'd think at least tp would affect him, if not incapacitate him long enough for them to physically pound on him and force him to have to draw a breath. their combined speeds underwater would also help them. thor would need to go uber thor i think.

I am pretty sure that Thor doesnt need to breath at all underwater and even if he did he can hold his breath for a godly amount of time.

Captain America even stated that Thor didnt need to breath underwater when he referenced Thor and Thundersrtike similarity when Thunderstrike had his air mask knocked off him while fighting Tigershark when Namor teamed up with a bunch of underwater heroes and villains.

leonidas
Originally posted by Nietzschean
I am pretty sure that Thor doesnt need to breath at all underwater and even if he did he can hold his breath for a godly amount of time.

Captain America even stated that Thor didnt need to breath underwater when he referenced Thor and Thundersrtike similarity when Thunderstrike had his air mask knocked off him while fighting Tigershark when Namor teamed up with a bunch of underwater heroes and villains.

you could be right. as an immortal he likely shouldn't have to, but i've seen him with masks on in space and underwater, so.... shrug

JakeTheBank
For the most part, I think Thor can breath indefinitely, as evidenced by him flying in space without issue and even conversing as he would normally because of his godly nature. There have been times where he has wore a mask, but the majority of the time I think writers portray him not needing to breath at all or needing only a very, very small trace of oxygen.

Namora once tried to beat Thor underwater, and iirc, he didn't seem to be at all bothered by the environment.

TheHulk
Hulk can actually breathe in water for a long time I wonder why no one knows that

Rage.Of.Olympus
you could be right. as an immortal he likely shouldn't have to, but i've seen him with masks on in space and underwater, so.... shrug

Really, when?

Back in the day, he could hold his breathe for a long time but he and other characters like Superman have simply lost the need to breathe. Although Superman needed to breathe recently but it's been consistent for Thor.

TheHulk
Hulk and Thor Definatly can others maybe but expect WW she wont cut it

Mindship

Hulk - I'm not seeing it

Wonder Woman - See Hulk

Thor - yes, if he uses energy/exotic powers

Superman - probably: he's very creative with his powerset

Silver Surfer - like with Thor or maybe better, given SS's durability and versatility

Hal Jordan - probably, but I'd think he'd need more than the basics (eg, shields and beams)

Nietzschean
you could be right. as an immortal he likely shouldn't have to, but i've seen him with masks on in space and underwater, so.... shrug during galactic storm Thor(Masterson) was flying space with an oxygen mask solely to communicate with the rest of his team mates.. but u are right it can be iffy at times depending on writers.

also the argument that so long as they hold unto the hammer they are protected from the environment durin flight.

http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/2573/picture10044sh.jpg

2 pages later Thunderstrike takes a gulp from Cap's air mask but, like i said it is iffy..

majid86
It's Aquaman & THE SUB-MARINER!
Not Namor!

leonidas
Originally posted by Nietzschean
during galactic storm Thor(Masterson) was flying space with an oxygen mask solely to communicate with the rest of his team mates.. but u are right it can be iffy at times depending on writers.

also the argument that so long as they hold unto the hammer they are protected from the environment durin flight.

http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/2573/picture10044sh.jpg

2 pages later Thunderstrike takes a gulp from Cap's air mask but, like i said it is iffy..

yep, it was galactic storm. it happened again in the avengers i think. i've never been 100% sure thor couldn't drown.

abhilegend
Thor and hulk don't need to breath. When Rulk took thor into space, thor told him that he doesn't need to breath. Any hulk doesn't need to breath in space or underwater. It happened when they went to attack Hiro-Kala and his ship. You are seriously lowballing Thor, hulk and superman if you think duo can take more than 2-3/10. As for Paul Cornell, he thinks Hank can be taken out by a single shot from superman. I wouldn't hold much stock in his portrayal of superman's need to breath when he didn't for last decade and was on-panel said learning how to breath in space. Maybe Paul watched too much DCAU.

JakeTheBank
Phuck that "control node" showing. sneer

That is all.

-Pr-
a) Hank was weakened.
b) Superman switches between insane lung capacity and just not needing to breathe. It's sadly not as consistent as it could be.

Dum Dum Dugan
For those question if Hulk would win, hasent Hulk develop gills before when under the water for prolonged time (I could have sworn I saw him do this somewhere)

JakeTheBank
a) Hank was weakened.

Doesn't matter, it was PIS.

uhuh

-Pr-
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Doesn't matter, it was PIS.

uhuh

laughing out loud

nwg202
people who need to breath air loose

Q99
Wonder Woman, Superman, etc., have the speed to split them up and effectively take them each solo.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.